Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me (55282 Views)

Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House / Tinubu: Why I Believe I Will Win Presidency In 2023 / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by kingsceemark(m): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Osinbajo was the Lagos attorney general and justice commissioner between 1999 and 2007 when Tinubu was governor of the state.

The ruling All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu says he has forgiven the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo for contesting against him during the party's primary election.

Tinubu stated this in a viral video seen by SaharaReporters. In the video, the APC presidential candidate while speaking to Osinbajo's loyalists in Kano on Monday said he holds no grudges against the Vice President.

At the meeting, Tinubu was urged by Alwan Hassan, Coordinator of the Drone Marshall Support Group, to cooperate with the vice president and other candidates who ran against him in the party’s primary election on June 8.

Along with Osinbajo, some of the other 13 candidates that contested against Tinubu included Senate President Ahmad Lawan and former transportation minister, Rotimi Amaechi.

Hassan said the group was ready to support and work with Tinubu.

He said, "We made consultations with your friends and even your enemies.

“Sometimes, all of them speak of one good quality about you. Most of them have agreed that you stood out as being patient and forgiving whosoever offends you in politics.

“We want to see more of public participation between you and the vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and all other aspirants that contested against you. You are the candidate, you have won.”

Tinubu, in his response, said he has forgiven Osinbajo.

“I have nothing against him. I have been to his house after the primaries. I have seen him on the day of the goodwill message to the retreat organised by the President.

“And a man who forgives—a man who asks for forgiveness from Allah fully deserves forgiveness. If you cannot give forgiveness, how are you asking from Allah? To me, it is over,” he said

SaharaReporters had reported the exclusion of Osinbajo, and former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara in the APC presidential campaign council of Bola Tinubu/Kashim Shettima.

But Festus Keyamo, spokesman for the campaign council said the APC followed the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari who demanded the exclusion of some top government officials from the list, to allow them to concentrate on their jobs.

Osinbajo was the Lagos attorney general and justice commissioner between 1999 and 2007 when Tinubu was governor of the state

https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/26/why-i-forgave-vice-president-osinbajo-contesting-apc-presidential-primaries-against-me

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by oyebanji44: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
blood is thicker than water.. grin grin

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by abobote: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
Osibanjo did the right thing by contesting, he should have been been the right person on the flag.
At least we would have had healthy presidential contest and competition

602 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by longetivity(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Fake News

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by LegendHero(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
SaharaReporters and sensational headlines na like 5 & 6.

At the meeting, Tinubu was urged by Alwan Hassan, Coordinator of the Drone Marshall Support Group, to cooperate with the vice president and other candidates who ran against him in the party’s primary election on June 8.

“Sometimes, all of them speak of one good quality about you. Most of them have agreed that you stood out as being patient and forgiving whosoever offends you in politics.

“We want to see more of public participation between you and the vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and all other aspirants that contested against you. You are the candidate, you have won.”

“I have nothing against him. I have been to his house after the primaries. I have seen him on the day of the goodwill message to the retreat organised by the President.

“And a man who forgives—a man who asks for forgiveness from Allah fully deserves forgiveness. If you cannot give forgiveness, how are you asking from Allah? To me, it is over,” he said

227 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by DenreleDave(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
It doesn't matter whatever sahara reporter writes, My Support for BAT is unshaken..

He is the only one who can set Nigeria in the right path.. His track records speak much..

Unlike one anambra goat dt his people have cursed, his previous party has cursed and is currently banking on our youths wey no no right or left.. Any small thing, na lie he go dey lie....

i no kuku mention anybody grin grin grin

See how the ip0b terrorist and !d!0t will start attacking me from different angle. grin grin

Cc; Peter obi e-bandits attack is coming left & right grin grin grin grin grin

Mind you, i don't support Apc, but my unflinching support goes to BAT...

313 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by Moh247: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
cool

Thank you Asiwaju

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu holds absolutely no grudges against anyone...

He visited everyone after winning

246 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by HomoSapiien: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
Tinubu keeps going higher because he never discards his enemies, rather he forgive and make use of them.

You don’t hate an enemy you’re smarter than, because they’ll always come back to you.

266 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by Vulturereloaded: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
Osibanjo, if you have any Dignity left, join Peter Obi.

You have lost it all, nothing to loose again.

This see finish is too much.

A presidential candidate, forgiving the Vice President for contesting? cry cry cry cry

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by LegendHero(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Why should Osinabjo go and join a loser like that lunatic Obi Pandora the clueless liar of international repute?

284 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by God1000(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lol, is he God?

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by Righthussle: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
See the real UNIFIER.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by socialmediaman: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
But who murdered Funsho Williams? Who gave the order to shoot EndSars protesters?

These questions are important

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by Dyke15(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
I don't even understand dis brown teeth
Lyk is not his constitutional right to contest or wat??
Abeg wen u go enta Katsina coz ur millions never reach dis side cool
#An OBIDIENT NIGERIA is all we pray 4

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Tinubu is sure the next president to succeed Buhari. I can bet it with my last drop of blood

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by BuyDomain: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Check my profile for amazing car deals and you will be happy you did. New cars added.

Grab this Acura DMX for just N3.450m

Toyota Corolla and other cars await you.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

suffer no dey tire you ni

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by WibusJaga: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by EmiLoKanMyAss: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
SMH..
This life no balance sha.. U can imagine a DruggLord forgiving a Vice President of a Country. Nigeria, e no go better for the person wey do you like this.
SMH.

39 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by Made2Last: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
I just love this man...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by Viraltrends123: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
This is Tinubu trying to make sure Buhari and his former commissioners, Osinbanjo get the opportunity to do their plans for Nigeria, it's surprising, their plans were not good enough. It's like a landlord supporting his tenant so hard to be LG chairman, on the long run, the boy pretend not to know

I still wonder why some people still think Osibanjo should be president, so are you telling me all the blames is on Buhari Alone.

Some will even say, Osibanjo and Buhari are free, Tinubu put us in this mess.

Tinubu hasy vote, we will vote competence. Vote based on what each candidates has done in their states

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by emmanuel596(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Foolish old demented fool who thinks he can buy everyone

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by shugaboy6102(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Tinubu is just a selfish man. Obi and osinbajo would have made the contest more intellectual

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by IKBARUTEN11(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Emilokan, Aso rock is not your retirement home.

Pls kindly go Iragbaji and rest

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by boldking(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Osibanjo did the right thing by contesting, he should have been been right person on the flag.
At least we would have healthy presidential contest and competition

Someone up there made this statement and I felt glad to repost it because it’s true

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by adecz: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
❌Osinbajo's betrayal is unforgivable❗️❗️☹️☹️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by BoboNogoDie: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
cool
Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by ChukM: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
DenreleDave:
It doesn't matter whatever sahara reporter writes, My Support for BAT is unshaken..

He is the only one who can set Nigeria in the right path.. His track records speak much..

Unlike one anambra goat dt his people have cursed, his previous party has cursed and is currently banking on our youths wey no no right or left.. Any small thing, na lie he go dey lie....

i no kuku mention anybody grin grin grin

See how the ip0b terrorist and !d!0t will start attacking me from different angle. grin grin

Your differences should be issue based.Why using abusive language for someone whose shoes you cannot untie.

Be civilized

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me by Donvictor2015: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nawa ooo. Doesn't prof have right to contest again?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Jonathan Barefoot At A Meeting With Staff (Picture) / Election Result So Far In Kogi State - Daily Trust / Femi Fani-Kayode: What Taliban's Imminent Victory In Afghanistan Proves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.