Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,309 members, 7,853,433 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC (20261 Views)

Voters Are Been Forced To Vote APC Or Go Home In Rivers State / 60% Of Buhari’s 2019 Voters Are Now Atikulated - Hayatu / 71% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Youths - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by seunayantokun(m): 10:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
And so what? Students are not allowed to rule?
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Antoeni(m): 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Any Student , Lecturer. Parents And Relatives of D Affected, Dat Will Still Vote 4 APC, May Monkey Pox, Ebola & COVID-19 b der portion
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by famouscargo4u: 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
They are all back to school and can't get their PVC. Most of them won't be able to vote.

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by osazsky(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
mcmurphy132:
I don't know why some set of people think it only their candidate the whole Nigeria youth is supporting.. forgetting the that both old and young will vote different candidate..

I wonder maybe people doing matching other candidates are not youth..

I'm very sure 20% of the students will not vote
innec has never seen such new registration it's only a blind man that is living in self deceit and self denial that wouldn't know that youth did this for lekki heros.u can ask osun state

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by domDva(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Na APC plan be that

mbaboy:
During 2023 elections they will be in their respective schools there by missing the opportunity to vote

2 Likes

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by owobokiri(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
duro4chang:
Will the schools allow them to go home to vote?
That's the big question

2 Likes

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Kellie069(m): 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lol, and ironically , it will greatly affect their participation !! Imagine a student who registered in Lagos during the strike , now back to school in edo or port harcourt, who wan give you transport fare take go Lagos go vote?? Definitely not your parents / for this regime way money for student to feed sef hard, talkless of transport to n fro.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by excanny: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Game over to the status quo.
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by SouthSouth1914: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nigerian youths with vision should take back their country through the ballot and not bullets!
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2022
hmm...will they give then break to go home and cast there votes?

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by duro4chang(m): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2022
owobokiri:

That's the big question
A very big question because they registered during the ASUU strike and now that the schools have resumed. You can't even talk if where you will be during election. Those whose homes are not far from schools may take the risk of going home to vote but what of those whose schools are far?

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Iamthoney(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Obidients think say na all the students go vote for Obi smh. Inside that 40% more than 20% no send any election, them register for pvc for identification purpose(Banks, Police, Block chain verification). The remaining less than 20% will vote for their various candidates and mind you I can bet my balls that the North holds higher number in that remaining less than 20%.

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Kellie069(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Because of funds, some students nor de even go house after 1st semester ! Shey na election go come carry dem go house for February ? Who wan pay the transport fare? As most of the newly registered electorates did the registration during the strike period in their state of residence which may (in many cases) be different from their place of schooling ! It was all planned .. don’t forget some student who were already learning various crafts, changed their initial location of registration to their current location as most persons thought the strike would last for a long time!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Ofolete: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
mbaboy:
During 2023 elections they will be in their respective schools there by missing the opportunity to vote
Is that your prayer and hope? You will be disappointed. Wicked people. You drive joy from the government of wickedness.

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by PointZerom: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
LiveWithIt:
Nigerian youth giving someone who has a Sissy voice, someone from AfghanEASTtan false hope.... tinubu for president

After Thifnubu smokes weed na to admire a woman's breast be the next.

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Ejiakusmith(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
nnnnn
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by owobokiri(m): 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
duro4chang:
A very big question because they registered during the ASUU strike and now that the schools have resumed. You can't even talk if where you will be during election. Those whose homes are not far from schools may take the risk of going home to vote but what of those whose schools are far?
Lots of them might miss the election because of this.., and this might be one of the reasons why the APC government became very insistent on ASUU calling off the strike all of a sudden, when they have all been silent for long. Could be that someone at INEC leaked this information to them.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Kajaard: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
mbaboy:

Nope. Schools are normally closed for the presidential elections. They are given a break during those last 2 weeks or so.
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Kellie069(m): 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
A whole lot of students won’t travel back to their state of registration to vote due to factors like

Cost of transportation
Risk involved plying the Nigeria roads
The academic session will be a tight one because they have to rush them and cover up lapses(no time to travel)

2 Likes

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by LiveWithIt: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
PointZerom:

After Thifnubu smokes weed na to admire a woman's breast be the next.
Las las even obi is BATIFIED grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
That's the power of labour party, we are tired.
APC na SCAM

Any body voting for my grandfather mate to take of my children, it will not be well your generation
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by samwash(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Many students are using their PVC as means of identity card, not for voting.
Don't be surprised many of the students will still vote for the government that are delaying/ stagnating their destiny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by DEMAGE(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
INEC IS JUST PLAYING WITH NIGERIAN MIND SET. SO THAT POLITICIANS WILL LOOK FOR A WAY TO RIG THE COMING ELECTIONS
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Eriokanmi: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
duro4chang:
Will the schools allow them to go home to vote?
Yes. They've always done that. The fact that our election holds weekends is a great opportunity for them to travel home and exercise their civic rights. I was a student in 1999 when I voted. I actually came home to vote
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by nesphil(m): 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
if 40% of the newly registered voters are students according to this post and
they don't vote out APC, after almost one year of strike,
the longest strike ever in the history of our democracy,
then they are their problem.

pinkPUSSY:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/10/26/40-of-newly-registered-voters-are-students-inec/
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by orazx: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Who are those unreasonable Nigerian Youths who wants to take back their Country and turn it to Anambra?

Who are they?

Why are you so pained?
Does youth taking he country back means voting the candidate from Anambra?

Vote Wisel
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Eriokanmi: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
mcmurphy132:
I don't know why some set of people think it only their candidate the whole Nigeria youth is supporting.. forgetting the that both old and young will vote different candidate..

Would school prevent them from exercising their civic rights? I voted as a student in 1999
Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by duro4chang(m): 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Yes. They've always done that. The fact that our election holds weekends is a great opportunity for them to travel home and exercise their civic rights. I was a student in 1999 when I voted. I actually came home to vote
You school in Bida and you registered in Lagos and you think it will be easy?

1 Like

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by duro4chang(m): 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2022
owobokiri:

Lots of them might miss the election because of this.., and this might be one of the reasons why the APC government became very insistent on ASUU calling off the strike all of a sudden, when they have all been silent for long. Could be that someone at INEC leaked this information to them.
Remove the calling off of the strike from what we are saying. The strike was over due. What will the students be doing at home?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by casualobserver: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
mcmurphy132:

People that registered at home when universities were on strike will travel home from University to vote.? Na so money dey student hand?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by Tinubuadvocate: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
grin
mcmurphy132:

Re: 2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC by casualobserver: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
mcmurphy132:

People that registered at home when universities were on strike will travel home from University to vote.? Na so money dey student hand? Or did they travel to their universities during the strike to register?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marketers Raise Alarm As Diesel Price Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Southwest The Most Hostile And Volatile Region, SW A Peaceful Myth / Malami: Group Holds Press Conference Against Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.