Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? (34089 Views)

Bought A Car From Apapa Berger?? Pls Share Your Experience With The Car So Far / 7 Features To Look Out For When Buying A Car / BMW Trolls Mercedes On Halloween, Dresses AMG E53 Up To Look Like BMW M5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by kaymart: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Which model of car you wan buy first? And why you no learn how to drive first before you purchase a car!! Abi you be woman?

I no fit advice you for now cuz the above should have been in place before you thought of buying a car.

But all the same, whatever makes you sleep well at night but it would have been better to put the above in order before purchasing a car so you don't end up with lack of choices and the rest...all I can say is I wish you good luck in your new found toy and make sure to drive safely and sound.
I bought my first car and learnt driving with it.

2 Likes

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Dramadiddy(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
ask your friend to give you a good mechanic to check the car, make sure the mechanic is someone that is very conversant with the type of car you want to get, don’t use a benz mechanic to inspect a toyota. make sure the original proof of ownership is in the car, make sure the custom papers are original
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Dramadiddy(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
BigCowHornn:
Chose all you want but pay an expert to check it out for you very well.... diagnostics must be run. If seller refuses don't buy even if it's at a giveaway price.

Crawl on your knees under and look for rust. If you see any don't buy.

Pay attention to the exhaust when the car engine is running. If you see white smoke don't buy.
white smoke may not be a serious issue
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Jamie1000: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
Avoid cars made within these years... 07-09
Their engine either burns oil, or the Gear box isn't durable, or the interior isn't durable. They don't hold up thier value over a long time. These applys to mostly Toyota, Honda and Lexus. Don't joke with this. They are fine on the outside, but thier problem will drain you when it starts.

You Should either go for 010-2022( Preferably)

Or you go old school 02-06

7 Likes

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Udanta: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
If you are asking this question today, you should not be buying a car next Thursday!

Surely by now you should know which car you are buying, engine size, whether you can afford to fuel and maintain the car based on your commute, a good mechanic or auto repair shop for your model etc

A car is a major investment and being a mostly depreciating asset, should be well researched before purchase.

Udanta has spoken

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by waploger(m): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
Learn and Build your curses..... Because if your curse no strong them go think say you be learner.... use Curses like

Ko ni dafun
Your mama
Idiot

2 Likes

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by BRATISLAVA: 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
bepositive11:

They are jobless but also toxic - misogynistic. I pity the young boys who read their posts and start developing deep hatred and disrespect for women.

They won't even let men in happy relationships celebrate their happiness in peace.

I agree that the monetizing the first few pages won't work and banning them also won't work.

At this point, I just ignore threads that I know these people will be commenting on. I clicked on this one not expecting them to be here, but I was sadly wrong.

Anyway, let's be positive and ignore them.

Ironically, you're mentioning misogynists to a sermon- preaching misogynist.
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by bepositive11: 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Ironically, you're mentioning misogynists to a sermon- preaching misogynist.

Lol! I didn't even know that grin
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by BRATISLAVA: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
bepositive11:

Lol! I didn't even know that grin

The missionary type who posts long misogynist posts as if trying to convert guys who think he's smart into the nonsensical thought process.

At least he punctuates, but no better than the worst of the sheep. grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Streetmovement(m): 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2022
kaymart:

I bought my first car and learnt driving with it.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Ok
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Lastpharoah33: 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2022
Educative thread I must say,
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by evictor305: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
Vehicle with bad chasis (lower frame) indicate the vehicle has been involved in an accident that affected the frame either from back, side or front. This can permanently affect the vehicle alignment and this is not good for the tyre and safe driving of the vehicle.Also bad alignment have negative impact on fuel consumption.
professore:
brother, kindly tell me the reason for the chasis to be checked. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by begoniaa: 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
CaveAdullam:
They are not toxic but are jobless.

The frequency for us now is to be-positive11.

Thanks.

This brah is looking for a wife/love flame.

Nobody can tell me otherwise.

1 Like

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by nedekid: 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2022
buygala:

Postpone your purchase..Then ask this question and assimilate all the advice you can before you leap

Don't be like that yeye girl for here wey no seek advice before she go buy dedi bodi Camry Spider wey nearly kill am..only for here to start laying curses on folk here when we explained to her the consequences of her indiscretions..Na her Papa she lay curse on sha..Das if that moto never kill her sef

There are too many things you need to know before you leap into buying a car..especially if you are a 1st time car driver and have no previous experience with cars.

As for me, I will just drop these few tidbits for you:

Research the kind of car you intend buying ..some cars are generally more reliable than others.

Pay an expert to inspect whatever vehicle you intend to purchase...Paying that stipend for inspection will definitely save you a lot of sorrow, tears and blood.

Others will make their input..me don tire

Maybe na brand new moto op wants to buy, in that case no wahala. grin
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Ravenna: 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2022
Congrats in Advance.

It's either you get Joy or Sadness.

Cars will definitely give you one of these.

3 Likes

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Bryan88(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2022
Congrats bro...I wish to tap into this ur particular blessing.
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by nedekid: 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2022
Op, don't knack in the car sha, elders say a car nacked on is prone to accident.
Elders in the house, na true?
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by begoniaa: 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2022
CaveAdullam:
A thread to talk about autos/cars and dumbass nairalanders Rather than you guys shut up your dumb mouth that exposes your empty brains, you all end up fighting for the front page and end up spewing thrash. No information was gained. No knowledge was shared. Dumb people!

Na Zonefree and co. you dey shade like this? grin

A whole Commissioner for Anti-Women Affairs – NL Chapter? Lmao.

And dem be 'dumb Nairalanders?' LOL. If you or nobody else won't, I'll do the honours of pointing out that they are MEN. Penis-carrying people just like yourself.

And I'll also have you know this is the trend on topics 99% of the time. Na so we dey see am everytime, and this is not a one time thing.

They are rather very toxic, contrary to your perception. They do it on every topics imaginable. They colonize the front-pages and turn it into a testosterone-spilling contest and a competition of "what's the vilest, lowliest,****** misogynistic slur I can use on women?" Them no dey allow us comment anything more. And they are still somehow in want of Nairaland girlfriends, but I digress.

Overall, I'll think that should make you happy, sha, as a redpiller. smiley smiley

Women don't get voices no more, to spread their 'feminine thoughts' and Liberal, woke ideas. All y'all just gotta do is to replicate the redpill trend on Nairaland and its women-to-men commenters' ratio on other regulated, free and advanced websites...

PS: It's cute that when men are being mean, they are just frustrated and jobless and reacting to their experiences with women, but when feminists are 2% mean, they are toxic, damaged beings who ARE NOT reacting to the hurt and pain they've been dealt with by the opposite gender.

Nope, they gotta take responsibility for their own actions and attitudes. Feminists are the only ones not allowed a reaction to a wrongdoing.

3 Likes

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by bigcee(m): 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
Zonefree:
Don't allow any vaginarian to monopolize the front seat of your car.
grin

1 Like

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by jubrilELsudan: 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
DON'T EVER FVCK IN YOUR CAR CAUSE ONCE YOU DO NA ONE PROBLEM OR THE OTHER YOU GO BEGIN DEY FACE TO REPAIR FOR YOUR CAR

1 Like

Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by BubeChi: 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2022
shocked shocked Toxic masculinity, you need therapy asap

Zonefree:

Correct, you're on the right track. Any vagina that flags you down for a lift, splash her dirty water.
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by amozo: 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2022
GLouis:
Hello, I am excited I will be purchasing my first car next Thursday. I have no experience in driving and cars so what are the things I should look out for ?

congratulations and welcome to real trouble,. Badroad, police ,fuel, mechanic
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by AdemolaA2: 12:35am On Oct 30, 2022
Merch:
Don’t allow any girl put her legs on your dash board

I so much hate this attitude with passion . no mater how wealthy or rich you are , you shouldn’t do that at all … dashboard isn’t meant for spreading legs on !!!
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by FBS: 1:42am On Oct 30, 2022
GLouis:
Hello, I am excited I will be purchasing my first car next Thursday. I have no experience in driving and cars so what are the things I should look out for ?

Congratulations but first thing first - do you have a drivers license? cheesy
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by bdon123(m): 5:10am On Oct 30, 2022
GLouis:

Tint ur windows so u can collect in ur backseat
NB: There's nothing like knack in car n knock engine I hav knack or 20times un my back sest n car is 6 years old without any major issues ever .....tank me later
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Munzy14(m): 6:09am On Oct 30, 2022
Zonefree:
I give up on your case. grin grin grin
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Beey(f): 6:09am On Oct 30, 2022
Zonefree:
Some language comes off as quite disrespectful you know. Those with v*g*n* are called women. We are not defined by what we have, we are human beings. There’s more to us than our anatomy.Some respect would go a long way. Sometimes people use certain language to sound tough but trust me it affects people’s impression of you.You might be a very nice person but your language can make people form an opinion about you , even when they don’t know you. Do better.
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Munzy14(m): 6:13am On Oct 30, 2022
Naija4love:
you’re welcome to second wife package stuff. If you have married before this is your second wife that takes no rubbish from you, that never pity you when you no get much money with you grin grin.
This wife, if you no get money. You no dey 4q (drive)
You no get money, she no dey go other room(move)
This wife na money for hand back for grand.
If you know this, you know peace grin grin cheesy
WE NAIRALANDER HAND NO DEY THIS SECOND WIFE WAHALAH OOO
My second wife just collect 50k for my hand today, that’s why am telling you this as brother
Enjoy your second wife in peace, congratulations
Lmao grin grin grin
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by Uwaiwe: 6:30am On Oct 30, 2022
VIN check is mandatory or you will end up with a refurbished accidented car. No matter how clean it appears to your eyes, use online VIN check.
Re: This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? by bepositive11: 6:37am On Oct 30, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

The missionary type who posts long misogynist posts as if trying to convert guys who think he's smart into the nonsensical thought process.

At least he punctuates, but no better than the worst of the sheep. grin

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / The Fastest Car Of Every Decade (1880-present) / 9 Throwback Cars You Old People Will Remember

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.