Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister (30039 Views)

New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN / Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba / Sack Emefiele Now - Sowore Reacts To Redesigning Of Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by chisomkachy: 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, Zainab Ahmad, has disassociated her ministry from the planned move by the Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN) to redesign the naira.

The minister, who commented on the policy in response to a question raised by Senator Opeyemi Bamidele (APC Ekiti Central) during the 2023 budget defense session with the Senate Committee on Finance, warned CBN of consequences that may arise from the new policy.

Senator Bamidele had told the minister that barely two days after the announcement of the plan, the effect on the value of the naira to the US dollar was being felt.

“Just two days after the announcement of the policy, the value of naira to a US dollar has risen from N740 to N788 due to a rush in exchange of naira notes for foreign currencies, particularly dollars.

In her quick response, the minister said she and her ministry are not aware of the policy but only heard of it from the media.

Distinguished senators, we were not consulted at the Ministry of Finance by CBN on the planned naira redesigning and cannot comment on it as regards merits or otherwise.

“However as a Nigerian privileged to be at the top of Nigeria’s fiscal management, the policy as rolled out at this time portends serious consequences on the value of the naira to other foreign currencies.

I will however appeal to this committee to invite the CBN governor for required explanations as regards merits of the planned policy and rightness or otherwise of its implementation now,” she said.

The CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, had on Wednesday said that the apex bank would redesign the country’s currency from N200 denomination to N1000 notes.

He said that the action was taken in order to take control of the currency in circulation, just as he posited that 80 percent of the nation’s currency notes were outside bank vaults and that the CBN would not allow the situation to continue.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/we-are-not-aware-of-plans-by-cbn-to-redesign-naira-we-only-heard-it-in-the-media-says-finance-minister/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by NwaNimo1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
[img]https://giffiles./216/216370.gif[/img]

A.nother

P.athetic

C.laim

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by alsudan: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
APC too mumu

187 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Honjoshy4u: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
APC government is just useless.
Say no to muslim-muslim devilish ticket

272 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Massiveglory: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
Emilokan and boys are not happy about the cbn move.

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Gentino(m): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Even Buhari, the father of unawareness is not aware too.

190 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
Northerners will only vote for a northerner not Yoruba or Ibo......

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by SadiqBabaSani: 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2022
Finance Minister has joined the Bad gangs

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by 9jatriot(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2022
Is this not a good opportunity to finally sack this man? The man seems desperate to cashout and recover his ill advice100M spent on buying presidential form

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by omowolewa: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2022
Write to the CBN demanding explanation and effects

Who are the PMB Economic Team, seems they have no Coach.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Nokio1: 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
blood of emilokan ,APC doesn't no what APC is doing..bros biden my yard dey close to jabi mall due to threat of bombing can I permission to japa?,!!!!,!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Solidtechworld(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
Nokio1:
blood of emilokan ,APC doesn't no what APC is doing..bros biden my yard dey close to jabi mall due to threat of bombing can I permission to japa?,!!!!,!

Pele o

1 Like

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
Gf
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
grin
It is now officially confirmed that Nigeria, APC, Buhari , Tulunbu and his worthless urchins has destroyed these country beyond repair. Make i quietly go look for money enter either Canada or Europe. This life na one come, make I no gamble am.
Before I wake up one fateful morning and look myself in the mirror see say I don old finish with grey hair preparing to meet my maker wey I never achieve anything meaningful in life because of Buhari and Tulunbu bad leadership. God forbid I refuse to be caged in Jesus name!! Chukwu aju !!

My advice to any youth out there, run for your life before it's too late !!

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by ZombieSlayer1: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
country of confusing confusion.
If you like go and vote another idiot next year because he's from your tribe, na una go still suffer am

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by zrealjaheal: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Is this a joke

5 Likes

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Obakoolex(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
undecided Naija na serious cruise grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by bigdammyj: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Noted.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by inforesource: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Thieves. You are not aware, why did you respond?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by reiddecuti: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
A house that is not in order and will never be in order.

Always trading blame and pointing accusing finger.

Imagine the 2 heads that oversea the economy of a country always never in sync. That's why the economy is in shambles.

I always laugh whenever I remember that Mr Buhari filled his cabinet with dullards he's smarter than to head there MDA's. No wonder the country is retrogressing at speed of light.

Now another disaster is waiting to happen. God forbid!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by xpressionx(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Buhari is not aware too

11 Likes

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Hezzyluv: 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
Seriously ☹️

Why is this government like this

9 Likes

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by kosovo(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Think9ja(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
: APC
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by simple250: 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
Wonderful

They are never aware about what is going on in Nigeria ....

9 Likes

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Henix(m): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Confused administration

7 Likes

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by CrownLands(m): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Most probably CBN wanted to surprise govt officials in possession of large volumes of cash.
#schoolfeedingprogram
#MarketMoney etc

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by taretoofine(m): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Abeg who brought these clowns to government

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by Nwaezeudo: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2022
When you appoints a woman that's supposed to be selling ogiri at Mile 3 market a finance minister. Imagine what the clown is spewing.

VOTE WISELY
VOTE PETER OBI!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by vengertime: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2022
Who is this idiot

2 Likes

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
9jatriot:
Is this not a good opportunity to finally sack this man? The man seems desperate to cashout and recover his ill advice100M spent on buying presidential form
Sack him because he wants to do the right thing ?

Something that president Buhari has already given approval to...

Buhari will give approval to anything that will stop Tinubu from buying votes in 2023

We are strongly with Buhari and CBN governor. The 2023 Presidential election must be free and fair .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister by wethebest(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
cheesy cheesy. Mad and evil ppl piloting d affairs of Nigeria. Animal farm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attack: Miyetti Allah Asks Fayose To Show Statesmanship / Court Bars Victor Giadom From APC / Ipalibo Gogo-Banigo, Rivers Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.