Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? (6261 Views)

Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) / Eastern Chicks (mostly Ibo) Top The List Of Gay Women (lesbians) In 9ja: / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by RickyRoss1(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2011
seedord247:

Please can you just answer the question below?

who start the imporation of fake drugs into the country?

who start the importation of Okrika Cloth to naija?

who start Blood money for naija?. . . . I hope you remember Rev. King, Okija Shrine, Eze Ego, Cliiford Orji.

i still got more if you like

It seems you are a coward, and since you like trash talking the Igbos then lets get ethnic bashing started,
The Yorubas has been doing blood money from time immemorial. All the people you listed above learn their trade from yoyoba jujumen. I have many yoyoba friends and they are too fetish. how come every yoyoba man i know puts all their faith in juju, even their pastors and rev fathers?

The yoyobas are the first set of drug barons in nigeria. the yoyobas were the first set of nigerians to migrate to the UK where they started their drug dealing and credit card scams, the igbos and other nigerian tribes joined later in the late 90's,

To cap it all, the yoyobas are the dirtiest, ugliest, fattest tribe in Nigeria and we all know this is true, and most of you are dumber than dumb, an average yoyoba fool parades loads of certificates but in real sense they cant defend these certificates, An Igbo school drop out is smarter and more intelligent than a yoyoba degree holder and this is a fact. If you doubt me come to Nnewi the Japan of Africa, you will school Igbo school drop outs manufacturing things yoyoba professors can only dream of
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Yeske2(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

It seems you are a coward, and since you like trash talking the Igbos then lets get ethnic bashing started,
The Yorubas has been doing blood money from time immemorial. All the people you listed above learn their trade from yoyoba jujumen. I have many yoyoba friends and they are too fetish. how come every yoyoba man i know puts all their faith in juju, even their pastors and rev fathers?

The yoyobas are the first set of drug barons in nigeria. the yoyobas were the first set of nigerians to migrate to the UK where they started their drug dealing and credit card scams, the igbos and other nigerian tribes joined later in the late 90's,

To cap it all, the yoyobas are the dirtiest, ugliest, fattest tribe in Nigeria and we all know this is true, and most of you are dumber than dumb, an average yoyoba fool parades loads of certificates but in real sense they cant defend these certificates, An Igbo school drop out is smarter and more intelligent than a yoyoba degree holder and this is a fact. If you doubt me come to Nnewi the Japan of Africa, you will school Igbo school drop outs manufacturing things yoyoba professors can only dream of
Please guys, e no dey tire una sef? These attacks are uncalled for and does nobody any good. Statements like these end up here only so stop whipping up sentiments. Seadord and ricky ross take note
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by bisiaet: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2011
That's because human beings are always seeking a scape goat to blame for their insecurities! An igbo man will tell you that yoruba people are extremely dirty but I have seen igbo households that look like refuse dumps. A yoruba man will tell you that Igbo's are wicked and evil and yet, some of the heartless actions I've seen are commited by yorubas. An igbo man will tell you that yorubas are betrayers and not to be trusted and yet, its the same people that frustrated Alex Ekweme from becoming president and preferred Obasanjo (a serving convict) to their fellow man. Yorubas will tell you igbos are greedy businessmen who love to cheat in business and yet, if you go to Owode-Onirin and tell them you want to sell your bmw X6 which you bought for N14million and has bashed headlights, the yoruba buyers will offer you N70,000 as their best offer! What am I trying to say? It all boils down to people blaming others for their short comings and insecurities. This has been a major factor in wars and ethnic clashes e.g the ife and modakeke fracas (yoruba neighbours slaughtering their fellow brothers like rams) and the umuleri and aguleri blood bath (fellow igbo neighbours trying to exterminate each other). It's that simple!

Well said! So how do we move forward? cos this must not continue forever

God bless you I sincerely appreciate your honesty both posters because all I have be said. What we need is how do we stop all this rivalry in our own generation and move on well. I had in so many case had a serious argument with fellow Igbo friends to stop all these Yoruba is this, hausa is that, edo is that, we are younger generation let relate well and move on well and stop all these old ideas of of unecessary rivals but they wont listen.

I see my self as a Nigeria and love every one it does not matter his or her tribe or what his or her tribe shortcome are I dont care because no one in life is perfect and no one can claim my tribe or my town or my country is the best I mean no one. My best friend is a Yoruba we have be friend for more than 23 years now so also I have friends from Benue, Edo, and Katsina that we have be friendS for about 15 years and we are all happy so what is rivalry all about is just pure nonsense and a kind of child thinking .

RIVALRY OF A THING SHOULD BE STOP IT IS OLD IDEA OF LIFE, UNHEALTHY, DIRTY, COMPLEXITY, UNPRODUCTIVE, THIS GENERATION OWES US ALL MORE BETTER IN LIFE THAN INVOLVING IN RIVALRY AND NAME CALLING God bless.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by harrier(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2011
Let me say something about Yoruba and Igbo, Yoruba and igbo are very close in business in married each other, Yoruba and Igbo more educated in Nigeria so wee are one family .
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by fyomer: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2011
harakiri (m)« #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53 PM »:

That's because human beings are always seeking a scape goat to blame for their insecurities! An igbo man will tell you that yoruba people are extremely dirty but I have seen igbo households that look like refuse dumps. A yoruba man will tell you that Igbo's are wicked and evil and yet, some of the heartless actions I've seen are commited by yorubas. An igbo man will tell you that yorubas are betrayers and not to be trusted and yet, its the same people that frustrated Alex Ekweme from becoming president and preferred Obasanjo (a serving convict) to their fellow man. Yorubas will tell you igbos are greedy businessmen who love to cheat in business and yet, if you go to Owode-Onirin and tell them you want to sell your bmw X6 which you bought for N14million and has bashed headlights, the yoruba buyers will offer you N70,000 as their best offer! What am I trying to say? It all boils down to people blaming others for their short comings and insecurities. This has been a major factor in wars and ethnic clashes e.g the ife and modakeke fracas (yoruba neighbours slaughtering their fellow brothers like rams) and the umuleri and aguleri blood bath (fellow igbo neighbours trying to exterminate each other). It's that simple!

WELL SAID.BUT WONDERING,IN ALL OF THESE WHERE DO YOU BELONG?
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2011
When will the Mods Get to understand that this Poster is a mad man?!  angry angry angry
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by fyomer: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2011
seedord247 (m)« #22 on: Today at 05:33:24 AM »]

Guy nobody is derailing am only saying the fact. The Yoruba's are the so call real original Nigeria

If you look to the North. . . .  You will find Boko Haram and Co.

If you look the the south and east  . . . .  You will find Kidnappers and Mends.

I'm yet to hear any negative things from the west but For the past ten years now you people have been giving nigeria different kind of bad names all over the world.

Well sha Igbo means Weed, not even ordinary weed means weed that they smoke.

BOMBOY,grow up and talk sense.PIKIN,TATA.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by fyomer: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2011
seedord247 on Today at 02:09:57 AM:

Please can you just answer the question below?

who start the imporation of fake drugs into the country?

who start the importation of Okrika Cloth to naija?

who start Blood money for naija?. . . . I hope you remember Rev. King, Okija Shrine, Eze Ego, Cliiford Orji.

i still got more if you like

When other sanators get involved in scam,we hear there stories till they are down,what happened in DIMEJI BANKOLES CASE?all we hear is life threathnen,(juju),jujumen must have made so much money then.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by marcus1234: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by bisiaet: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2011
Let me say something about Yoruba and Igbo, Yoruba and igbo are very close in business in married each other, Yoruba and Igbo more educated in Nigeria so wee are one family .

Heaven will bless you.

Our era do not need to get involve ia any nasty rivalry we are so close to each other than to be talking about rivalry look at what is happening today in our sporting world , look at what is happening especially in our Music Industry no one say he or she is Igo or Yoruba we all dance together, sing together, enjoy our youth together, friends each other, partying with each other, marrying each other to be honest am seen a more freer Nigeria springing up I sincerely always enjoys myself, my parent are from the East but I dont care about that all I care about is I love my fellow Nigerian youth am enjoy my youth this is kind of Nigeria I want for my self NOT sentimental one, name callings one, not tribalistic one. Abeg I dey enjy my life.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by iyc(m): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2011
I guess its those that are entwined in the rivalry that feel it. Me see, feel, just Love. I'm Ibo, real deep too, mum & dad from Nnewi but, speak Yoruba far, far better and more than Ibo. Yes I grew up in Lagos, secondary education in Ogun State, with a 1st cousin who' folks are both from same hood, his name is GodUgochukwu Okonkwo, where the God is actually Ayo. Can anyone explain why we depreciate to dwell on negatives, without seeking to bridge and help relieve? Please, reach out, teach, show, spare and share LoVE. It always helps!! God Bless!!!
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by boyt1: 10:19am On Aug 23, 2011
@ Poster, pls. type another interesting topic, this one is adulterated.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Nuit50: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2011
The world can never go without rivalry,that's the fact,it exists even between siblings of the same parent:cain and abel,easau and jacob,umuleri and aguleri etc. What we should learn is nothing but how to tolerate and relate with each other (knowing that their must be similarities and differences in all substance).
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Cleanman(m): 10:46am On Aug 23, 2011
bullshiit!, what rivalry?, do u think shitt most idiots post on Nairaland applies 2 what is going on out there?.rivalry is only on Nairaland with members who have a devilish agenda.grow up and stop insinuating or doing guesswork!.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by brainpulse: 10:51am On Aug 23, 2011
This is basically a personality issue not tribe, though environment makes a man, and the quality of people you interact with influences you to a greater extent. You can be different if you choose to. And also the reason why there sentiments in tribe issues are the way of life that some people see as norm and the others see as ludicrous.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by akfrancis1: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2011
what happens between the yoruba and the ibo is just competition and envy-pure and simple. but the yoruba are not showing gratitude for the igbo for contributing to the civilization and economic development of their
southwest region especially lagos through their business ingenuity. fact speaks for itself and anyone who denying this fact should have his/her head properly examined. go to ikeja, yaba, ojo, lekki and other places. the true nigerians are the igbo because they are second leading tribe in every state outside the southeast region and they contribute to the economic empowerment of the state. it is impossible to image lagos and abuja without the igbos. let us learn to be objective and truthful. today, Imo has the highest number of jamb applicants representing the most enlightened state according to the JAMB record.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by IykeD(m): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2011
No Qualms:

Na wa o. 'Aiti ko'fa nle, ifa ti n se.'
What difference is there between ibo and igbo?

What a stu.pid question to ask! You should go back to school for asking such a dumb question. Whoever posted that rubbish on the front page should change it, it's Igbo and not Ibo.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Reggie2(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2011
[size=8pt]In my humble opinion, the disaffection is traceable to Biafra. Awolowo's betrayal of Ndigbo is at the root. More-so, the Yoruba orchestrated  an after war slogan that ndigbo and Ojukwu actually caused the war out of greed for resource control. This is not historically correct! When you loose several hundreds and thousands of your beloved ones, and someone laughs you in the face, it is difficult for disaffection not to set in[/size]
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by knotty(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
I guess this rivalry has helped fast forward the development of both tribes. Now, look at it, these two tribes have left the Hausas way way far behind.
All the years the north used in grabbing and retaining political power has become wasted in the face of waste. or am i imagining things?
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Ufeolorun(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
We do not compete over/for anything, some people just have to create silly impression in order to feel important,set your own standard and move on with your life.Overblown nonsense!,the sky is big enough they say.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by romeo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2011
iyc:

I guess its those that are entwined in the rivalry that feel it. Me see, feel, just Love. I'm Ibo, real deep too, mum & dad from Nnewi but, speak Yoruba far, far better and more than Ibo. Yes I grew up in Lagos, secondary education in Ogun State, with a 1st cousin who' folks are both from same hood, his name is GodUgochukwu Okonkwo, where the God is actually Ayo. Can anyone explain why we depreciate to dwell on negatives, without seeking to bridge and help relieve? Please, reach out, teach, show, spare and share LoVE. It always helps!! God Bless!!!

Did your Igbo parents tell you that you are "Ibo"? Go and learn where you came from.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by mabelly: 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
i see no reason y dere shud be any form of rivalry between dis two group, cos dey r d closest group in nigeria, i love the ibo's 4 dia entreprenuership spirit. It amaze me d way d turn a small biz into a mega biz. And d yoruba's accordating spirit is exceptional. D funniest thing is dat dis 2groups r peace loving, so y is nairaland tryin 2create hostility btw dem.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by IykeD(m): 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
romeo:

Did your Igbo parents tell you that you are "Ibo"? Go and learn where you came from.
romeo:

Don't mind him, he is certainly not Igbo, he is Ibo; he must be from Chad!
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by IykeD(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
mabelly:

i see no reason y dere shud be any form of rivalry between dis two group, cos dey r d closest group in nigeria, i love the ibo's 4 dia entreprenuership spirit. It amaze me d way d turn a small biz into a mega biz. And d yoruba's accordating spirit is exceptional. D funniest thing is dat dis 2groups r peace loving, so y is nairaland tryin 2create hostility btw dem.

Is it hard for you to learn? It's called Igbo and not Ibo, put that into your skull please!
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by dagboss(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2011
I have missed a lot. I got missing on Nairaline since 2007 on my return from East Timor, some days ago i tried to log on with my old username awoof, but its like another person has picked it cos i became innactive for too long. Anyway, i rejoined a couple of days back and ever since, i have not regretted my decision. Hum this debate about Ibo or Igbo and Yoruba is very interesting and i have been practically rolling on the floor of my office reading some of the posts, but sha i believe most of those involved are our computer or jet age group cos i will not expect an agbalagbi like myself to get involved in this. Naija o ni baje o
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Ben13: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
Rivalry is not bad. It becomes bad when it turns to killing.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by MMM2(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
can say
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by delicious1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Rhea(f): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
[size=24pt]It is spelled IGBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
deli.cious:

Rivalry?
What people post online, does not necessarily conform to reality out there. All these online rivalry is part of what fuels the hate and abuses between the two.

If its not north vs south, it will be this tribe vs that tribe. And what of the Nigeria/Ghana rivalry?

People should learn to respect and live with each other-because at the end of the day i could care less about where you come from, what matters is what you have to bring to the table.

that country no even reach a tribe for naija, no mention them to anything naija undecided
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by mabelly: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
plssss, what is ''IykeD'' own with how the ''Ibo'' or ''Igbo'' is spelt or pronounced. It has been lyk dis 4 ages and also is in different literature txt. Jst lyk a nigerian wud called Naija dude without blowing his or her pulse over it. Pls IykeD, take a shill pill. plssss, what is ''IykeD'' own with how the ''Ibo'' or ''Igbo'' is spelt or pronounced. It has been lyk dis 4 ages and also is in different literature txt. Jst lyk a nigerian wud called Naija dude without blowing his or her pulse over it. Pls IykeD, take a shill pill.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Issues? / What's The Ibo-yoruba-bini Connection? / What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.