Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt (907 Views)

20 Killed In Fresh Attacks By Boko Haram In Borno State / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue / Over 20 Killed As Explosion Rocks Sadauna Crescent, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt by Babasessy(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2011
20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt
August 19, 2011 |

At least 20 people were killed and 89 trucks belonging to Dangote Group of Companies and 22 other trucks owned by individuals as well as over 40 shops were burnt down in a late night fracas between two staff of Benue Cement Company, BCC, at Tse-Kucha, Gboko LGA, Benue State, North-Central Nigeria.

NO fewer than 50 heavy duty trucks were yesterday set ablaze at the Benue Cement Company, BCC, in Gboko following a sharp disagreement between two factions of the trailer drivers’ union operating within the factory site.

Eyewitnesses in Gboko said the crisis erupted at the factory site of the company owned by business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, when a truck belonging to one of the factions allegedly lost control apparently due to brake failure and ran over a commercial motorbike operator carrying one of the factional leaders killing, both of them on the spot.

The accident sparked a major crisis between the factions resulting in the mayhem that has left altogether, about three persons dead. The feuding factional unions later blocked the Gboko-Makurdi Federal Highway attacking commuters on the route.

The ensuing crisis has left the entire Tse-Kucha community in total disarray as residents have been moving out to other areas for safety. An attempt by reporters to access the point of protest was unsuccessful due to the chaotic situation as stranded motorists blocked the road, while several other motorists were making u-turn and running towards the direction of Makurdi, the state capital.

Meanwhile Governor Gabriel Suswam has condemned the crisis in Gboko, expressing displeasure at the development. Asking the combatants to sheathe their swords and allow peace to reign in the town, Suswam said: “This crisis is condemnable, all parties to the dispute must sheath their swords and allow the law take its course”.

Meanwhile, the Governor has ordered law enforcement agencies to step into the crisis zone to restore peace and order in the troubled town, even as attempts to get the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ejike Alaribe, to comment on the development proved abortive as he could not be reached on phone.
Re: Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt by WilWily: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2011
Dirty Stinking Hausa man killed a Middlebelter because hausas took them as Slaves, because of that killing Middlebelter youths mobilized and started killing any thing Hausa/Fulani.
I am loving it, when i see Middlebelters kill Hausas I pop champagne, they are doing a great job.
Re: Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2011
WilWily:

Dirty Stinking Hausa man killed a Middlebelter because hausas took them as Slaves, because of that killing Middlebelter youths mobilized and started killing any thing Hausa/Fulani.
I am loving it, when i see Middlebelters kill Hausas I pop champagne, they are doing a great job.

Your comments here are morally reprehensible and could only have come from someone who derives sadistic pleasure from the misfortune of others angry
Re: Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt by Roland17(m): 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2011
This would adversely affect already sky rocketing prices of cement in the nation.
Re: Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt by WilWily: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2011
Not really, the information reaching me is that the Middlebelter youths are killing Goats that look like human beings. what do you think.
Re: Breaking News! 20 Killed, 89 Dangote Trucks Burnt by OAM4J: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2011

(1)

Un House Bombing:how Our Preventive Efforts Failed – Sss / Benue Gov. Aide Attacked Over Alleged Adultery,claims Shot Six Times In The Head / Pack Your Luggage, Edo South Youth Coalition Vanguard Tells Oshiomole’s Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.