Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? (1056 Views)

Update: Boko Haram Overrun Army Super Camp In Borno State -Babajide / Agony As Herdsmen Overrun Ogun Communities / Looters Overrun Taraba Palliatives Warehouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
Saw a video of the US evacuating their citizens from Abuja today.

Hmmmm....it means something huge is about to happen.

Why I like the African mindset is that it is reactive. No one does anything until the calamity comes upon the country.

Whatever attack that's coming will be on a massive scale. My heart goes out to people in Abuja. What I wonder is the capabilities of BH and ISWAP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
Does it mean the security forces were all fixated on IPOB that they had no intel apart from what the Americans issued?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by AlaafinOfOyo: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
The possibility is remote.

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by Racoon(m): 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
BH terrorists have long infiltrated Abuja. Kuje prison attack proved it.

3 Likes

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 8:50am On Oct 30, 2022
It's beyond mere bombs. I think a real attack by bandits/BH/ISWAP is possible.
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by mrvitalis(m): 8:56am On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:

Why I like the African mindset is that it is reactive. No one does anything until the calamity comes upon the country.

Whatever attack that's coming will be on a massive scale. My heart goes out to people in Abuja. What I wonder is the capabilities of BH and ISWAP.
Sure they can ...but they can hold and defend their position for long

Over run is easy but holding is hard

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by kollinzgee(m): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2022
Ignore American intelligence warning at your own peril,they correctly predicted the invasion of ukraiine even though putin denied it initally.
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2022
mrvitalis:

Sure they can ...but they can hold and defend their position for long

Over run is easy but holding is hard

But this is asymmetrical warfare. We saw what ISWAP did in Niger Shiroro area unchallenged. Can BH or ISWAP overrun a city with many military formations? I doubt they have the manpower. It's just aimed at terrorizing the citizens I think.

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2022
gbagaun!!!!

e go clear ooo
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by mrvitalis(m): 9:24am On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:

But this is asymmetrical warfare. We saw what ISWAP did in Niger Shiroro area unchallenged. Can BH or ISWAP overrun a city with many military formations? I doubt they have the manpower. It's just aimed at terrorizing the citizens I think.
Boko haram or iswap have the capacity to overrun any northern city in Nigeria even aso rock with the present leadership we have

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by SHINJA: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2022
This religion Islam have caused us alot of Problems
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2022
mrvitalis:

Boko haram or iswap have the capacity to overrun any northern city in Nigeria even aso rock with the present leadership we have

I sincerely doubt that they can overrun Abuja. Those Maiduguri and Yobe campaigns never threatened the military high command so they were generally casual about super camps being overrun. I think with even Aso Rock threatened, they have everything to lose and will put in every fight they have. Every major entry point to the city has a military formation. When you factor in air support from Benue, Kaduna, Niger or Plateau, you'd know that an attack by BH on the city won't succeed unless through massive infantry infiltration and I doubt they have the number to do that.

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by mrvitalis(m): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:

I sincerely doubt that they can overrun Abuja. Those Maiduguri and Yobe campaigns never threatened the military high command so they were generally casual about super camps being overrun. I think with even Aso Rock threatened, they have everything to lose and will put in every fight they have. Every major entry point to the city has a military formation. When you factor in air support from Benue, Kaduna, Niger or Plateau, you'd know that an attack by BH on the city won't succeed unless through massive infantry infiltration and I doubt they have the number to do that.
Did you say air support ? Which would air support do ? Iswap are the military bro forget

2 Likes

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2022
mrvitalis:

Did you say air support ? Which would air support do ? Iswap are the military bro forget

Let's assume ISWAP has infiltrated the military. There are still Christian soldiers and moderate Muslim soldiers that won't go down for an Islamic state to take over Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by haffaze777(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2022
With Buhari as president I doubt it, With Tinubu at the helm of affair,it's no no no,but with Pandora man as a plesident,with the voice like that gaybriel omo boko haram go achieve that o.

2 Likes

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2022
haffaze777:
With Buhari as president I doubt it, With Tinubu at the helm of affair,it's no no no,but with Pandora man as a plesident,with the voice like that gaybriel omo boko haram go achieve that o.

Tinubu can never be president. The odds favor Obi and Atiku. Tinubu is clearly out of the game.
In reality, he is a stand in for BH and Shettima. Too old, sick and weak to even do anything against an attack on the FCT. Thanks but no thanks. Tinubu is rejected not tenable.

3 Likes

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:
Does it mean the security forces were all fixated on IPOB that they had no intel apart from what the Americans issued?
The security forces you are talking about is the same Boko Haram planning attack. Know this know peace.

I just pray Nigerians will eschew tribalism and VOTE WISELY.

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by haffaze777(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:

Tinubu can never be president. The odds favor Obi and Atiku. Tinubu is clearly out of the game.
In reality, he is a stand in for BH and Shettima. Too old, sick and weak to even do anything against an attack on the FCT. Thanks but no thanks. Tinubu is rejected not tenable.

Peter Obi can never be President of Nigeria.
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ezechi242: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2022
haffaze777:

Peter Obi can never be President of Nigeria.

Hold your tears till next year. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by haffaze777(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2022
ezechi242:

Hold your tears till next year. grin

You will soon go back to biafra or death
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
haffaze777:

We love the way you cry boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by haffaze777(m): 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:

We love the way you cry boy.

Let's see who is crying
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by TheEndless: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:

Lol… You do know your military is heavily compromised yeah? Abuja will be like taking biscuit from a toddler. All we can do is stay safe, stay ready and if possible stay strapped.
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by tsdarkside(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
how....??

nigeria is not only about nigerian police and army....
craze people plenty in nigeria....
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by tsdarkside(m): 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
haffaze777:

no min dem....
na the same dem dem would be complainin most when it gets bad....

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by kettykin: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Find out what happened in Afghanistan and know that it is very easy

1 Like

Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by tsdarkside(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
ScamHunter:

Let's assume ISWAP has infiltrated the military. There are still Christian soldiers and moderate Muslim soldiers that won't go down for an Islamic state to take over Nigeria.

and dont forget the shiites...
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by tsdarkside(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
kettykin:
Find out what happened in Afghanistan and know that it is very easy

look....
you igbos think too shallow....
capital would just be moved back to lagos....
una think nigerian army headquaters dont have strategies for this situation....??

go piss off yorubas and see....
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by kettykin: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
tsdarkside:

look....
you igbos think too shallow....
capital would just be moved back to lagos....

go piss off yorubas and see....

Where not Yoruba colonized in illorin, what came out of it , one wanders the fate of the occupants of the IDP camp in Benin Republic till date, lastly I am still digesting the news of the kidnap of yorubas along the Lagos Ibadan expressway last week.
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by Allison012: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nothing will happen. i always come back from work late at night sef passing through city gate. Nothing is happening and nothing will ever happen.
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by Chinjo2: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
Did they not overrun June prison? Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? by ScamHunter: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
Allison012:
Nothing will happen. i always come back from work late at night sef passing through city gate. Nothing is happening and nothing will ever happen.

You think the Americans would evacuate for nothing? That's doubtful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of APC Campaign Rally In Plateau(photos) / Peter Obi Will Attend Shiloh So Tinubu Supporters Can Cry More He / Asiwaju Tinubu Reformed Lagos Health Sector As Governor-leke Pitan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.