Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 (31658 Views)

Lagos: Commercial Bus Operators Defy Sanwo-olu, Oluomo’s Order On Fare Reduction / Lagos Commercial Drivers Threaten 7-day Mass Protest Over Multiple Extortion / Lagos Bus Drivers To Pay ₦800 Daily As State Introduces Transport Levy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by 7arrows: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Balistic4:
Someone keeps saying he developed lagos and I dare to say that lagos is joke when compared to states of other countries of its mate.

Private businesses developed lagos. I've worked in lagos and I know what businesses surfer in that state. My company then couldn't afford to put sign post in their office for fear of extortion as big as they were. Many offices suffer the same fate.

My friend went to lagos to open a shop, he closed down after three months and ran down to abuja due to extortion. What lagos state government is good at doing is ripping businesses apart.

Lagos be like witch, they will wait for u once u open any business they will destroy you with tax upon tax. They are devourers. The most annoying part is that the same people will be shouting EMILOKAN. Tinubu has no plan for NIGERIA other than raising taxes just like they did in lagos. If una like make una vote am na una sabi. Me don japa.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by richeeyo(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
Angelfrost:
Yeah... The perfect metropolis according to urchins!

Imagine thugs going on strike to protest extortion from bigger and more crooked Thugs!

Yet, y'all were angry with Alaba Market traders for putting up a solid resistance!

Negroes Sha! We just can't seem to get Leadership right.
Lagos na una headache grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by 7arrows: 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
Edu3Again:
This is what happens when you have an Agbero owning & running the state.

God forbid this same Agbero ends up as President, so he can also own the whole Nigeria

God forbid bat thing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by duality(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Let's not trivialize this issue. Even between Ajah to Obalende cms, this boys constitute so much nuisance collecting money at every bus stop

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Ckonnet: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Balistic4:
Someone keeps saying he developed lagos and I dare to say that lagos is joke when compared to states of other countries of its mate.

Private businesses developed lagos. I've worked in lagos and I know what businesses surfer in that state. My company then couldn't afford to put sign post in their office for fear of extortion as big as they were. Many offices suffer the same fate.

My friend went to lagos to open a shop, he closed down after three months and ran down to abuja due to extortion. What lagos state government is good at doing is ripping businesses apart.

Dont waste your precious time òn urchins that are jobless, I would say Ambode and Fashola where really innovative but their godfather was just a thug and individuals are the the people generating the money and also the seaport and mma plays an important role there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by fineboynl(m): 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Money must be raised for tinubu election by force
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
seunny4lif:
I swear

The amount of so called unions at each bus stop are too much.
Where is my money at every bus stop made transportation in Lagos so expensive compared to other states.
You can’t find that in Ondo state, they all have Motor parks and that’s the only place you pay for inter city or town then normal taxis only pay their tickets in the early morning or noon or evening.
It’s only in Lagos, you will pay money for chairman, Chairman’s wife, then afternoon foods money, money for stress, money for everything.

It’s once not every bus stops like Lagos.

It’s madness

You no add security money
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
zcee:

They are talking about Lagos you are bringing up South East because of your hatred towards the Igbos..

Let me tell
Lagos is the only state leading in agbero work
Nothing is worst in the whole of South East
The only place you could find them very well is at upper iweka Anambra and they have been banned from operating there...
It's only in Lagos you will see agberos breeding agbero..

Although I agree with you that they can't be compared with Lagos, but those guys have not been banned, or even if they have been banned, they are still operating in Anambra.

I just left Anambra and they are still there. They are one of the main things causing holdup in head bridge... Unlike the ones in Lagos, they even hold BIG STICKS which they use to terrorise motorists

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Glead(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
Handiwork of our lookan! Continue to better lagos and Nigeria .
What a race!!!
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by CSTRR: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Tinubu and his boys are the reason why public transport is so expensive.

The extortion is too much and the drivers pass the cost to the passengers.

I will advise those drivers to come out and vote for obi.

Don't follow useless people to do Emi lokan.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by just2endowed: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Tinubu never mean we'll, sanwo olu never mean we'll for Lagos. Those idiots travel out to dubai, London, UK and the rest but they never see agbero collecting free money that never go to the state treasury or local government treasury.
Rather they placed this jobless terrorist on the road to extort

Is it a must to join a union or association in a profession?
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Aklee4994(m): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
I pay for transport every fucking morning even before eating...na lasgidi way

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by emanobis(m): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
mekaw:
if you don't move around Lagos in public bus you won't understand what the drivers are passing through, I have said it before and would say it again THE REASON IT SEEMS CRIME IS ON THE LOW IN LAGOS WAS COS THE GOVERNMENT LEGALIZED IT AS TAX AND LEVY USING agbero, thugs and urchins as collectors, if you see what these guys earn every day and the they spend money you will realize we were been legally Robbed every day. when they extort drivers passengers pay for it.

Tinubu Foot Soldiers
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by mediclife1987(m): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
Balistic4:

Opening new business in lagos requires serious capital. Lagos state will collect a lot from you, yet they won't support or protect your business in any way[b]. I'll suggest that you try and open the business somewhere else, when you have a lot of capital to throw away, you can test the waters in lagos state[/b]

Nna meen, shey na my Lagos you destroy so?
Na lie joor, I dey come Lagos come chop the money with una.

No matter the taxations, na d customer go still feel am pass, not the seller.

I'll use 1.5milla to open my beer parlor in Lagos, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it IJN amen!
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by ayomax67: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Wow!...there will be transport hikes everywhere
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by abbeyfel: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
Aklee4994:
I pay for transport every fucking morning even before eating...na lasgidi way
So if you are not living in lasgidi you will not pay for transport every morning even before eating? Some comments sef!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by fkj950ax(m): 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Pwettylinda:
I can't feel their pains

You want to check this link out?

Egbugbu marks
Back in the old days, Igbo tribe members added Egbugbu signs to faces and other parts of the bodies to mark their people as slaves or free people. Different designs were used depending on the village where the new baby was born.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1175406-igbo-tribal-marks-meaning.html
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
Tinubu and Oluomo are feeding fat on commercial drivers sweat. No wonder sanwoolu would not sanction Oluomo despite his misdeeds. They are extorting them because of election.
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by E2000: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
If they can achieve it there is hope for nigeria.
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Aklee4994(m): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
abbeyfel:
So if you are not living in lasgidi you will not pay for transport every morning even before eating? Some comments sef!
you won’t understand because you’re not there to know how thing work in each state of the country even if the country is bad
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by yemmywesey(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2022
Am in full support.
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Sophy22(f): 7:51am On Oct 31, 2022
I personally support the strike because we the Passengers are the ones paying this money indirectly.
Imagine Barracks to mile2 (Badagry express) which is #50 naira before is now #400 naira.
Go and verify if you doubt me.
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by DJInfluence: 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
Are the drivers still on strike? I heard the held a meeting with the state govt. Any resolution in sight?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Efforts and Signs of President Buhari In Twelve Days / Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi / Adamu Garba Asks Buhari: Are You Leading Nigerians Or Catching Cruise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.