Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 (31685 Views)

Lagos: Commercial Bus Operators Defy Sanwo-olu, Oluomo’s Order On Fare Reduction / Lagos Commercial Drivers Threaten 7-day Mass Protest Over Multiple Extortion / Lagos Bus Drivers To Pay ₦800 Daily As State Introduces Transport Levy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by shortIGBOman: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
zcee:

They are talking about Lagos you are bringing up South East because of your hatred towards the Igbos..

Let me tell
Lagos is the only state leading in agbero work
Nothing is worst in the whole of South East
The only place you could find them very well is at upper iweka Anambra and they have been banned from operating there...
It's only in Lagos you will see agberos breeding agbero..

It's a LIE.
The Agberos in Onitsha alone are more than the entire population of Lagos. grin

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by shortIGBOman: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
zcee:
oga na pure lie you lie

Even before soludo ban agbero in upper iweka Anambra, Lagos is still the worst..

Every bustop in Lagos is controlled by agberos..

Seems you have never been to Anambra State. Agberos collect levy for everything. They even collect levy for crossing a wooden Untra modern Pedestrian Bridge in Onitsha. grin grin

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by shortIGBOman: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Cutehector:
lmao.. And why arent they protesting? Zombie of emi lokan

It is because Agberos and criminals have more say in the EAST. grin grin

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by awa(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
That is not true. Lagos is perfectly made by Tinubu and same way he is going to make 9ja great. The Monster created by Emilokan is growing
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by sainthumble: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
That's what they tell you
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by blackboy2star(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
Una never see anything... Agbero making daily cash every minutes like Adenuga... Deciding on what tax commercial drivers' to pay and in return the masses are suffering it... Sanwo Eko is the most useless Lagos governor ever... Time will tell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Yoighaman(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
Brendaniel:
When the fight that happened in Alaba due to over extortion by agberos powered by Tinubu and his daughter, some people were blaming Igbos, saying Igbos this and that but here you have another industry complaining of the same extortion, Tinubu is a dictator and a wicked tax collector.

Tinubu's ambition comes first before any other thing, even if it will cost the blood of Nigerian citizens

Wow!
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by toyoson0(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
Well it about time we take our Destiny into our hands cos our so called leaders don't care a bit about the masses.

The bus drivers strike is over due
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Omolomo4eva(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
The emilokan man is the brain behind it all. Think of what Lagos would be if he gets power. Naija youths,get sense
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by zudozz: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
No nau..Make una continue to give money to Tinubu make he take dey build Lagos. grin

Una go suffer finish, each bus stop una go carry money give Tinubu make he take dey sniff cocaine..Una go go house go dey tell una wife story!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Sheggy13(m): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
Angelfrost:
Yeah... The perfect metropolis according to urchins!

Imagine thugs going on strike to protest extortion from bigger and more crooked Thugs!

Yet, y'all were angry with Alaba Market traders for putting up a solid resistance!

Negroes Sha! We just can't seem to get Leadership right.
So doing a honest job as a commercial bus driver equates to being a thug in your enclave? Some of you are just plain stupid with your senseless utterances.
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by KennethEnyi(m): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
Jokerman:
The Agberos at Oshodi, Mushin, Ketu, Agege are uncountable

Especially Oshodi… it’s even know worldwide

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Diligence: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Oh Tinubu's legacy: Agberoism, Extortions.

Pa Awo & Pa Jakande are lamenting over what Tinubu has turned the Southwest youths into!

Take Back Your Country
EnofIsEnof
ItIsNowOrNever
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Angelfrost(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sheggy13:

So doing a honest job as a commercial bus driver equates to being a thug in your enclave? Some of you are just plain stupid with your utterances.

Context is everything sir...

Can you boldly say every commercial bus driver is doing an honest job or is not a thug?!!

Your eagerness to be needlessly defensive and abusive is actually puerile and funny!

Go rest your head... Frustration is bad for your health.
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Lionnation: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Brendaniel:
When the fight that happened in Alaba due to over extortion by agberos powered by Tinubu and his daughter, some people were blaming Igbos, saying Igbos this and that but here you have another industry complaining of the same extortion, Tinubu is a dictator and a wicked tax collector.

Tinubu's ambition comes first before any other thing, even if it will cost the blood of Nigerian citizens
I saw what the northerners did at alaba that very day, infact they are the ones in front before igbos backed them up to chase those touts
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by mediclife1987(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Balistic4:
Someone keeps saying he developed lagos and I dare to say that lagos is joke when compared to states of other countries of its mate.

Private businesses developed lagos. I've worked in lagos and I know what businesses surfer in that state. My company then couldn't afford to put sign post in their office for fear of extortion as big as they were. Many offices suffer the same fate.

My friend went to lagos to open a shop, he closed down after three months and ran down to abuja due to extortion. What lagos state government is good at doing is ripping businesses apart.

So me wey wan open beer parlor business dey put my money in danger be that, no be so?
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by minosky: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lagos transporters are seriously contributing to tinubu indirectly
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Sheggy13(m): 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Angelfrost:

Context is everything sir...

Can you boldly say every commercial bus driver is doing an honest job or is not a thug?!!

Your eagerness to be needlessly defensive and abusive is actually puerile and funny!

Go rest your head... Frustration is bad for your health.
Your statement is insensitive and an insult to thousands of people, some elderly who go out as early as 4am daily till late night to drive in order to support their families. In what context do drivers become suddenly addressed as thugs because they're protesting the harsh conditions of working in Lagos? Stop rationalizing what cannot be rationalized. Accept you made a blip and move on. See you talking me and frustration lol - you'd pray to have my kind of frustration.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by bigtt76(f): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
They are looking for their share of the campaign loot cheesy They've been paying for years dem no go strike na now dem wan go grin

ollymooreagain:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/lagos-drivers-to-embark-on-strike-oct-31
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by DadaHammed: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247, bring your big agberoe head here, make we konk am small.. grin
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Angelfrost(m): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sheggy13:

Your statement is insensitive and an insult to thousands of people, some elderly who go out as early as 4am daily till late night to drive in order to support their families. In what context do drivers become suddenly addressed as thugs because they're protesting the harsh conditions of working in Lagos? Stop rationalizing what cannot be rationalized. Accept you made a blip and move on. See you talking me and frustration lol - you'd pray to have my kind of frustration.

Are you done?!! Do you feel better now?!!

Good... Glad to have been of service!
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Balistic4: 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
mediclife1987:

So me wey wan open beer parlor business dey put my money in danger be that, no be so?
Opening new business in lagos requires serious capital. Lagos state will collect a lot from you, yet they won't support or protect your business in any way. I'll suggest that you try and open the business somewhere else, when you have a lot of capital to throw away, you can test the waters in lagos state

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by samz77: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Your ipigs peter obi na rouge, Tinubu will rule over this country Nigeria
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by SafeHands1: 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
Same here in Obalende to Tinubu,CMS.The extortion is hell. Korope Buses prefer to work at Night due to excessive extortions yet these Thugs are on the road till 11pm.
You go dey hear words like, Owo Morning, Owo Youth, Owo Chairman, Owo Security even Owo Enforcement.
Afternoon,you go hear Owo Taskforce, Owo Osan, Owo Parking. Owo Omo Boys
Night own: Owo awon Boys, Owo Ola, Owo security, Owo Number 2.

I pray,I don't have to drive Road, Cos I for just say my Last Prayers then Incite Guys to move around with Cutlasses, Guns and Bombs if Possible. Everyday na to Drop at least 2 Touts and any ... Collaborators.

But Sha na Yorubas no get Mind. We all know say this Kontri Nigeria is D. RIP
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Advancedman(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
mekaw:
if you don't move around Lagos in public bus you won't understand what the drivers are passing through, I have said it before and would say it again THE REASON IT SEEMS CRIME IS ON THE LOW IN LAGOS WAS COS THE GOVERNMENT LEGALIZED IT AS TAX AND LEVY USING agbero, thugs and urchins as collectors, if you see what these guys earn every day and the they spend money you will realize we were been legally Robbed every day. when they extort drivers passengers pay for it.
But na passenger dey pay now, the agberos are transporters
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Francischibiko: 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
What do u expect from a state under the influence of a known exporter. If tinibu is given the cradle of nigerian gornance he will turn every village to a milk cow like lagos... is utter wickedness.....
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Tfx1: 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
grin
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Phreshyrolite: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Funny Abeg who dey strike, know be the same agbero get most of all the bus ni,na mumu who don't know wetin dey go on about Lagos transportation go dey think say dis story is real, please go to oshodi, iyana ipaja,ojota or any bus stop in Lagos check the stickers writing at the backs of the busses or name u will see is the name of the top boss in agberos get almost all does danfo around Lagos the rest is either soldier or police officers lol Strike my yanch..
Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by 7arrows: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Zetty177x:
When Tinubu enters, you guys will pay more to MC oluomo's team..if u like don't vote wisely

U have said it all. He who has ears let him hear.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 by Passionate1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
A vote for Emilokan is a vote for Ageberos. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will End Sit-At-Home In Anambra From Today - Ifeanyi Ubah / 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa / Atiku & Secondus Sign Peace Accord (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.