Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,091 members, 7,859,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari (22719 Views)

“CBN Has Destroyed All The Old N1000 And N500 Notes” – Buhari Tells El-rufai / Old Naira Notes: Buhari Should Invoke An Executive Order / IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Validated: 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
nedu666:

Oga just dey observe. For next 3 months u will see dollars reaching 1000. Stock market will experience a massive boost. Fg tb and bonds will be oversubscribed by 300%. U will see massive purchase of properties and other assets. This is not 1984.
Yes, but the CBN would have mopped all the Naira being hoarded for vite buying.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
hegelian:

Sir werey, if u like light 10000000candles, it won't change what you have used your life to drag.. Wha sofo ni tirandiran.. All of you that wants nothing but destruction for us in this country shall perish with your generation Ase ni tedumare.. Iwo ti o ti Kan agbako leni.. Agbako ninyio ma jeti e tirandiran... Iwo ati Awon iru re.. Epe lamama shee fun yin nisin pelu ogo ti olorun

LoL

Your mama sef go confirm

Just keep calm

SEBI na she train you to talk anyhow to people wey pass you abi
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
[quote author=Moh247 post=118000821][/quote]

Werey gbe qurani ati abela Papp.. Abi u think say na skull u Wan mine?? Sir werey fake Muslim like your lot.. Awon werey ti won fun musulumi ati yoruba loruko buruku.. Ani egbe ati adanu to je tie lati Eni lo
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

LoL

Your mama sef go confirm

Just keep calm

SEBI na she train you to talk anyhow to people wey pass you abi

Werey pass who.. If u see me, u go run and hide inside soak away.. Dadandirin werey ati ijo.. Ofoo Ofoo Ofoo ama ba e gbe ni
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
hegelian:

Werey pass who.. If u see me, u go run and hide inside soak away.. Dadandirin werey ati ijo.. Ofoo Ofoo Ofoo ama ba e gbe ni

ABA... Aburu no ye

You too dey talk like woman

Leave work make we see who go collect
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
[quote author=Moh247 post=118000963][/quote]

Werey, shey iwo ma oruko ti atare nje ni?? Iwo omoale lasan lasan.. Alligator pepper kee u there.... U don jam am from today, e go dey jam u ni everywhere u go, all u enemies of the country.. U and your likes, egbe ama je tiyin tomotomo
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by djon78(m): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
emmy512:

Thanks for this explanation,
I've tried to explain this thing to people that it's a big trap for everyone involved.

I'll use your explanation next time

The issue is that many of these people don't have critical and analytical thinking

Many don't think deep

Infact this policy CBN holds everyone of them by the balls

Because they are completely replacing old currency

So simply monitoring every money to be released
And placing a cap on the amount to be given each individual and company
Has already controlled the situation

Another thing for a whole Minister of finance to come out and be saying what she was saying

You will understand that this policy really caught all of them unawares

Buhari and emefiele really played all of them
A knock out punch

It was a closed tight kept secret

I believe they got the policy right
Naira will be hit
But with time when everything stabilizes it will later appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Penguin2: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
You are making assumptions about what Kidnappers do when they receive their money
This will not force them to go to the bank they can buy gold or dollars, more guns and bullets

What is the purpose of this action let us leave kidnapping break it down for me please what is the purpose?

Go and listen to Emefiele’s statement since after all these explanations you are still looking for the purpose.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
hegelian:

Werey, shey iwo ma oruko ti atare nje ni?? Iwo omoale lasan lasan.. Alligator pepper kee u there.... U don jam am from today, e go dey jam u ni everywhere u go, all u enemies of the country.. U and your likes, egbe ama je tiyin tomotomo

LoL

I pity you

As Dem no train you we go help you
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

LoL

I pity your mama

Ti I u ba bi MI, maani ki omarerin ye lo gbere laelae... Iwo ti won wo sunkun kakiri agbaye
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

LoL

I pity your mama

As she no train you we go help her

If u are trained you won't be wishing badluck on your fellow country men cos of your pocket.. You will consider others including women and children that want nothing but a decent living condition.. Eyin oloriburuku gbo, Ema sofo ni lati Iran ikini titi de Iran kedogun
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by emmy512: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
Why? Why is that a good thing?
For one to checkmate hoarding,

Drag criminals and terror financiers out directly or indirectly

It'll help reduce vote buying already by next election as those who have old notes already to give out will have just worthless papers.

CBN plan of also reducing amount that'll be out in circulation is the beginning of the real cashless policy plus the right now given to telcos to serve as mini banks for rural and less developed areas. I think the cashless economy is just beginning

And a lot of other reasons I can't think of.

But just know for every disadvantage anyone can mention they're already 3 advantages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by onuman: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
How is she boss of CBN governor?

CBN governor is under the control of the Finance Minister. Go and verify.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by omonnakoda: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
onuman:

Define control
So what happened here has she lost control? Why was she hearing of this on TV?
Stop talking like a child and back up your statement with facts.
You go and study the CBN act and stop talking ignorantly. She did not appoint him cannot sack him and is not his boss
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by emmy512: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
djon78:

The issue is that many of these people don't have critical and analytical thinking

Many don't think deep

Infact this policy CBN holds everyone of them by the balls

Because they are completely replacing old currency

So simply monitoring every money to be released
And placing a cap on the amount to be given each individual and company
Has already controlled the situation

Another thing for a whole Minister of finance to come out and be saying what she was saying

You will understand that this policy really caught all of them unawares

Buhari and emefiele really played all of them
A knock out punch

It was a closed tight kept secret

I believe they got the policy right
Naira will be hit
But with time when everything stabilizes it will later appreciate
They got it spot on
One of the few good things he has done.

It'll be the cap on his reign as presido in history books.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by djon78(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2022
onuman:

Stop saying what you don't know

In economy Central Bank and Ministry of finance are independent entities

The central bank focuses on monetary policies, all issues concerning money, banks and all other money issue

The ministry of finance focused on fiscal policies, which includes budgeting, and how government spend there money

They are two different entities all over the world

In the US the central bank governor is federal reserve chairman while the minister of finance is the treasury secretary and they do same role independent of each other

1 Like

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by djon78(m): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
emmy512:

They got it spot on
One of the few good things he has done.

It'll be the cap on his reign as presido in history books.

Exactly spot on

In the beginning it will hit Naira but by the time the policy gets implemented Naira will definitely appreciate

The way many of these politicians abuse Naira is terrible.
It's not done like that in many countries in the world

Carrying huge amount of money around

It's insane

So the government did the right thing
Let me see how they will beat this one
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by PoliciaNLand: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

LoL

I pity your mama

As she no train you we go help her
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod
Rule 2
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
djon78:

Exactly spot on

In the beginning it will hit Naira but by the time the policy gets implemented Naira will definitely appreciate

The way many of these politicians abuse Naira is terrible.
It's not done like that in many countries in the world

Carrying huge amount of money around

It's insane

So the government did the right thing
Let me see how they will beat this one
So you know it will hit the naira?
So what exactly do you mean that it will hit the naira?
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
cheesy
So it will the naira and miss the Nigerian economy?
grin
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by omonnakoda: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
I am interested in how much this will cost and who won the contract
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
I am interested in how much this will cost and who won the contract
The body in charge of the money redesign,production etc is the Nigerian Printing and Minting Corporation nah!
The cost nah emiefele go use him mouth talk am
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by djon78(m): 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
baralatie:

So you know it will hit the naira?
So what exactly do you mean that it will hit the naira?

When a new policy like this is introduced it will bring shock to the system

But with time when the system gets used to it, stability comes in so Naira losing value is expected

But by the time everything stabilizes Naira will appreciate

So that's the norm

You think CBN never expected Naira depreciation. They did, but they actually have there Target.

One of the major reasons Naira lost value was because of the amount of money out of the bank hands. 3 trillion was introduced but almost 2.8 were out of the banking system

So there moping up the money will stabilize the system

Like I said in my mention
Politicians are the major cause of this problem

And it will hit them below the belt

Buhari and emefiele really played them and kept the secret

For a whole Minister of finance to have made the statement she made means that it has shocked even the political interests she represent

It was a knock out punch from Buhari and emefiele

I have been his number one critic
But for this one he got it spot on
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by omonnakoda: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
baralatie:

The body in charge of the money redesign,production etc is the Nigerian Printing and Minting Corporation nah!
The cost nah emiefele go use him mouth talk am
When people are ignorant they use vague terms like

in charge of

This shows you do not have detailed knowledge. or cannot comprehend. I talked about CONTRACT.
That company {NOT corporation} has been around for many decades but contracts have beed awarded for printing under Soludo and after for prnting of banknotes overseas that is common knowledge

So I am entitled to question ... what is the arrangement this time who is printing the notes and WHERE? for how MUCH? If you have that information share otherewise............. you are wise I know
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
When people are ignorant they use vague terms like

in charge of

This shows you do not have detailed knowledge. or cannot comprehend. I talked about CONTRACT.
That company NOT corporation has been around for many decades but contracts have beed awarde for printing under Soludo and after for prnting of banknotes overseas that is common knowledge

So I am question what is the arrangement this time who is printing the notes and WHERE? for how MUCH? If you have that information share otherewise............. you are wise I know
Since you knew about soludos contract arrangements this one by emiefele will be easy for you to find out now!
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
djon78:

When a new policy like this is introduced it will bring shock to the system

But with time when the system gets used to it, stability comes in so Naira losing value is expected

But by the time everything stabilizes Naira will appreciate

So that's the norm

You think CBN never expected Naira depreciation. They did, but they actually have there Target.

One of the major reasons Naira lost value was because of the amount of money out of the bank hands. 3 trillion was introduced but almost 2.8 were out of the banking system

So there moping up the money will stabilize the system

Like I said in my mention
Politicians are the major cause of this problem

And it will hit them below the belt

Buhari and emefiele really played them and kept the secret

For a whole Minister of finance to have made the statement she made means that it has shocked even the political interests she represent

It was a knock out punch from Buhari and emefiele

I have been his number one critic
But for this one he got it spot on
Do you know that the cbn injects fresh funds to stabilize the naira
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by onuman: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
djon78:

Stop saying what you don't know

In economy Central Bank and Ministry of finance are independent entities

The central bank focuses on monetary policies, all issues concerning money, banks and all other money issue

The ministry of finance focused on fiscal policies, which includes budgeting, and how government spend there money

They are two different entities all over the world

In the US the central bank governor is federal reserve chairman while the minister of finance is the treasury secretary and they do same role independent of each other
Go and read the relationship between Nigeria's CB gov and Minister of Finance.
Stop polluting the space with your imagination.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Denko2721987(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

Well 3 months if the money is clean is enough... A money link with crime without legit source is very hard to launder in 3 months

U mean for this country wey we know abi the one wey e never sabi??

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by djon78(m): 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
onuman:

Go and read the relationship between Nigeria's CB gov and Minister of Finance.
Stop polluting the space with your imagination.

For someone that goofed ignorantly that CBN is under the ministry of finance

I don't have time for you

Go and learn first before coming online to disseminate ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These Are The Phone Numbers Of All DIG,AIG And Police Commissioners In Nigeria / Don't Be Afraid Of Jail- Aisha Buhari Tells Patience Jonathan / Anambra At 25: Obiano To Commission Flyover Bridges At Anniversary (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.