Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Be Led By The Spirit Through The Word - Pastor Chris. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Led By The Spirit Through The Word - Pastor Chris. (1768 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Led By The Spirit Through The Word - Pastor Chris. by Joagbaje(m): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2011
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come (John 16:13).

In Matthew 15:19, Jesus said

“For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.”

This means man, on his own is capable of destroying himself. Therefore, it’ll be out of place to argue that “the voice of man is the voice of God,” or as some say, “Majority can’t be wrong.” Any thought, word theory, argument or direction that proceeds from the natural man shouldn’t be trusted since it’s not substantiated by the Word of God.

But how can I know and follow the right counsel, in a world where there’re so many voices?” you might ask. Firstly, the Word of God is the voice of God, and that’s your surest guide in life. Get acquainted with the Word, for that’s the way you get to know the counsel of the Spirit. Jesus said in John 10:27

,“ “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”

In addition, prior to His ascension, Jesus made an emphatic statement about the ministry of the Holy Spirit – to lead and guide you in life:

“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever” (John14:16 AMP)

The Holy Spirit lives in you, and He also goes with you. As you spend time in fellowship with Him and with the Word you’ll learn to discern His voice from that of men; you’ll always receive proper guidance.

No other personality in this life can lead you into success, victory and rest as the Holy Spirit would. You’ll take accurate decisions, go to the right places at the right time, and your life will be in sync with God’s perfect will when you yield to the Holy Spirit by following His Word. Remember,

“…as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God” (Romans 8:14).

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you forgiving me your precious Holy Spirit to be my guide, teacher, counselor and comforter. I yield my spirit to Him only, to be led, instructed and directed in all my dealings in life. As I do this, my entire life is transformed from glory to glory, in Jesus’ mighty Name. Amen

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is The Church Now A Joke? / The Lies Of My Pastor / To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.