Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,244 members, 7,846,152 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? (2696 Views)

The Meaning Of The Sign On Bola Tinubu's Cap (Pictures) / Naira Redesign: You Must Put Arabic Sign On Every Note - MURIC To CBN / What Is This Arabic Sign Doing On Our Bank Notes And Coat Of Arms (pic)? Rubbish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by Oceanjagaban: 11:03am On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:

Aww, tocuhed the nerve, didn't i.?

Anyways, good am. cheesy
Maybe it touched your dead mother's nerve...

1 Like

Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by RepoMan007: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2022
The moment I saw "Arabic had been introduced to Hausaland" I understood quickly.

Hausaland spans up to Mali and that means southern Nigeria has no business with "Hausaland".
Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2022
Oceanjagaban:

Maybe it touched your dead mother's nerve...

Aww, looks like he is getting a lot of heat under the collars....

Well, dead people don't have working nerves to touch at all.

Good morning....
Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by compton11(m): 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:

English is not the language of the idoma.
and u know damn well the idoma preferred the English there and they write their language in English alphabet just like how hausa kanuri Fulani and so on write their language in Arabic text
Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
compton11:
and u know damn well the idoma preferred the English there and they write their language in English alphabet just like how hausa kanuri Fulani and so on write their language in Arabic text

1.It isn't english alphabet, it is latin script.

2.Most Christian missionaries...who were responsible for creating written forms of most of our languages...used Roman script to write down our languages,because that is what they were trained to use. If we were christianised by Russian Orthodox christians, instead of Western European christians...Idoma would have been written in cyrillic script. If we were chrisanised by Lebanese christians...Idoma would have been written in Arabic script. (Lebanese people use Arabic...a lot..including their christians).

3.Latin script was invented by people...the Romans, who worshipped idols. Maybe our using latin script means we worship Roman gods like Jupiter, and Minerva and even Ares...since we use latin script...just as Arabic script usage means that the people using it are Muslims automatically...lol.

For that matter, Arabic script was invented by Arabs who were at the time idol worshippers. Same thing for hindi, chinese, etc...

Only Cyrillic was probably invented by christians. (the two missionaries who invented it are both saints even).

4.Hausa and Kanuri are written in both Arabic script and Latin script. Fulani i think is written in Latin script..I may be worng.

5.It is just a language, and a means of writing. In the over 100 years since we used Arabic script on our currency....the populaiton of christians has increased, and may even be higher than Muslims. If using Arabic script is not leading to Nigeria becoming more muslim...then that means it does not matter at all.

So chill.
Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by compton11(m): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:

1.It isn't english alphabet, it is latin script.

2.Most Christian missionaries...who were responsible for creating written forms of most of our languages...used Roman script to write down our languages,because that is what they were trained to use. If we were christianised by Russian Orthodox christians, instead of Western European christians...Idoma would have been written in cyrillic script. If we were chrisanised by Lebanese christians...Idoma would have been written in Arabic script. (Lebanese people use Arabic...a lot..including their christians).

3.Latin script was invented by people...the Romans, who worshipped idols. Maybe our using latin script means we worship Roman gods like Jupiter, and Minerva and even Ares...since we use latin script...just as Arabic script usage means that the people using it are Muslims automatically...lol.

For that matter, Arabic script was invented by Arabs who were at the time idol worshippers. Same thing for hindi, chinese, etc...

Only Cyrillic was probably invented by christians. (the two missionaries who invented it are both saints even).

4.Hausa and Kanuri are written in both Arabic script and Latin script. Fulani i think is written in Latin script..I may be worng.

5.It is just a language, and a means of writing. In the over 100 years since we used Arabic script on our currency....the populaiton of christians has increased, and may even be higher than Muslims. If using Arabic script is not leading to Nigeria becoming more muslim...then that means it does not matter at all.

So chill.
Arabic in the currency ain't about religion cos it is even hausa language written in Arabic.
Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by christistruth01: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
There needs to be a Hebrew Inscription too saying Hallelujah , so as to balance things
Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
compton11:
Arabic in the currency ain't about religion cos it is even hausa language written in Arabic.

So why is it bothering you?

You should not let the fact that Hausa is written in Arabic script bother you. Because it is bothering you too much, and making you look strange...and I mean it in a concerned way.

At the end, whatever they put on our currency...so long as it can buy one loaf of bread this evening for me, and won't be rejected as paper money fake....I am content.

(And no, I don't support tinubu, Nigeria is not going to be a muslime country, and life is going to be normal, and whoever wins next year...it won't be APC, and I am a christian self.).

1 Like

Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by compton11(m): 3:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:

So why is it bothering you?

You should not let the fact that Hausa is written in Arabic script bother you. Because it is bothering you too much, and making you look strange...and I mean it in a concerned way.

At the end, whatever they put on our currency...so long as it can buy one loaf of bread this evening for me, and won't be rejected as paper money fake....I am content.

(And no, I don't support tinubu, Nigeria is not going to be a muslime country, and life is going to be normal, and whoever wins next year...it won't be APC, and I am a christian self.).
did I say Arabic on our currency bothering me?

1 Like

Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by 9japride(m): 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2022
Why can't the picture of a pig be added to the new naira note? Since Nigeria is rich in agriculture and livestock, so it will be good they add healthy pigs to showcase the abundance of agricultural activities in the country. Will those who are supporting the Arabic sign be ok with the addition of a healthy pig in the new currency? Please I need answers.
Re: EXPLAINER: What Is This ‘arabic Sign’ On The Naira All About? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2022
compton11:
did I say Arabic on our currency bothering me?

Ah yes, I understand you now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pyrate Confraternity Members Sing & Release Another Tinubu Song (pic/vid) / Meet Special Adviser To President Tinubu On Culture And Entertainment / Gov. Sanwo-olu Spotted Watching Arsenal Match At The Emirates Stadium (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.