Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) (10734 Views)

Pls Advice Me,my Salary Is 25k And My Gf Always Talk About Marriage / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by pat077: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
hw much do secondary school teachers earn and don't they have families? Just be wise with your budget and god will help u. If u wait till u get 100k i'm sure age won't be on your side and u won't like 2 address your younger brothers as baba john.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by dammytosh: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
MY DEAR,

ARE YOU PLANNING TO SETTLE DOWN IN LAGOS IF YES THEN THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION,

I GUESS YOU ARE UNDER PRESSURE BY THE LADY TO GET MARRIED IMMEDIATELY.  I WANT TO ADVISE YOU TO RE-THINK NOW. YOU WILL LIKELY BE FRUSTRATED.

I CAN UNDERSTAND WITH THE LADY, MAY BE SHE IS NOT GETTIN YOUNGER BUT I CAN BET IT WITH YOU THAT YOU WILL LIKELY REGRET MAKING
SUCH DECISION.  I CAN READ OR DECODE FROM YOUR POST THAT YOU HAVE CALCULATED AND FEEL YOU CAN LIVE  WITHIN YOUR MEANS BUT CAN YOU SAY THE SAME THING FOR YOUR WOMAN. LADIES CAN BE UNREALISTICALLY UNREASONABLE AT TIMES AND THAT WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF YOUR FRUSTRATION. STRUGLE ALONE AND MARRY WHEN YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY, NO TIME IS TOO FAR.

I AM SO SORRY FOR BEING HARSH BUT THE REALISTIC SITUATION IS MORE HARSH. I AM NOT BEING NEGATIVE, I AM JUST SO POSITIVE THAT IT WILL NOT WORK.

- MY OPINION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
Jeezy:

*Singing Fela* U go suffa, u go taya, u go quench,  tongue tongue tongue
@jeezy, guy u wan kill me with laff? @op sincerely, its risky to enta into marriage wit that kind of money in d present day 9ja i swear!!. U nor dey hear fela music wey @jeezy dey sing for u? Let me add my own!! U GO P.ISS FOR BODY U NOR GO KNOW!!
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by kizito96(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
It could be enough in some tribes not in Igbo Land. That amount is just to say Hi to the girl's family
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by femmy2010(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
You have to survive so live with the N45k for now but work hard towards earning more though.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
If the combined income between you and your wife is 45k then dont even think about marriage.

Pls help reduce the cycle of poverty in this country. Dont bring kids into the world to suffer
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by atasteve: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2011
If you cut your coat according to your "CLOTH" and your wife-to-be is not too extravagant; then you can marry even on lesser salary!
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by ragdollz: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
I'm sorry OP but marriage is a serious issue and MONEY is one of the major ingredients; put it on hold till you not only have a better salary, but some savings and a means of regular income so that if God forbid, something happens to your job, you and your wife won't start begging. In short: wait a bit more.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Nimshi: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
It's doable with an understanding wife.

But, first: will the madam be working too or not?

And, consider planning, not only 'family planning', but planning in everything.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by AmeboAjela(f): 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
jerryben12:

Cut your coat according to your size. With N45,000 a month you can still live a quality live and plan for higher grounds:

Housing - N12,500 per month (Decent 1 Bedroom Flat in Ikorodu, Owode, Berger, Akuwonjo etc)
Feeding - N15,000 per month (Take lunch to work from home. This is just you and your wife)
Transportation - N4,000 per month
Clothing - N5,000 (Save this for 2 months and do clothing shopping every 2 or 3 months)
Wife up keep - N5,000 per month
Others - N3,000
Savings - N5,500 (This will increase when your income increases)

Easy to do. Just get use to this routine. When you get married, your wife may bring in some money too. Before she gets a job, make sure that you give her the feeding money monthly.

Hope this helps

Better persin!
Some people dont even have 20k a month and they have wife and kids so cut ur coat according, And stay off high roller babes like us o. Just concentrate on ur wife and you will be fine
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by ragdollz: 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
[size=30pt]Wife upkeep #5,000 per month[/size]  sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chei!! You go let your own sister enter that kind thing??  Na wa ooooh  grin grin grin. women don suffer!!!

1 Like

Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Afam4eva(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
It will be enough as long as you live within you means. Cut your coat according to your size and everything will be aight.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by IBEXY(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
A few weeks ago someone wanted to quit his 160k job on the grounds it was not enough. Now someone wants encouragement to start a family on 45k. Am curious to hear from all those who said 160k was too small to live on.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by omaojo1: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
dayokanu:

If the combined income between you and your wife is 45k then dont even think about marriage.

Pls help reduce the cycle of poverty in this country. Dont bring kids into the world to suffer
Best post. @poster learn and be wise.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by tpia5: 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2011
how are strangers on the internet supposed to know?

look at your cost of living, etc etc and figure it out yourself.

geez.

what a state nigerians are in undecided
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by stagger: 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
jerryben12:

Cut your coat according to your size. With N45,000 a month you can still live a quality live and plan for higher grounds:

Housing - N12,500 per month (Decent 1 Bedroom Flat in Ikorodu, Owode, Berger, Akuwonjo etc)
Feeding - N15,000 per month (Take lunch to work from home. This is just you and your wife)
Transportation - N4,000 per month
Clothing - N5,000 (Save this for 2 months and do clothing shopping every 2 or 3 months)
Wife up keep - N5,000 per month
Others - N3,000
Savings - N5,500 (This will increase when your income increases)

Easy to do. Just get use to this routine. When you get married, your wife may bring in some money too. Before she gets a job, make sure that you give her the feeding money monthly.

Hope this helps

This is a joke. OP, anyone that tells you that you can marry and live with a modern-day Nigerian woman on N45,000 is deceiving himself. Ask them to tell you how they much they are earning and whether they are on the same unrealistic budgets as you see above.

Let me single out the woman's N5,000 upkeep as advocated by someone here.

Question:
1) How much does it cost a woman to make an average hairdo? (Let's be honest here please)
2) How much does a female shoe, or gele or buba and iro, or any other type of female dress cost?
3) How much does a female makeup kit or perfume cost (or are you telling me your wife will not make up or use perfume, even if na N800 perfume like FairChild)?
4) How much does a typical Nigerian woman spend on phone calls?

Tell me how all this can happen on N5,000 allowance for a Nigerian wife of 2011.

My guy, go and buffer your earnings to at least twice this amount (i.e. start earning N90,000 minimum). You do not need to change jobs. Augment your N45k income by doing some things at the side. There are some towns in Nigeria that are so hot. Where I used to live in one of the Northern states, the demand for ice blocks in my area was so high that I actually knew someone making N10,000 a day selling ice blocks. Do the maths here.

So do not live in a fantasy world. There are so many posts here that can guide you on low cost businesses you can start that can if not anything, push up your monthly earnings by at least N20k or N30k.

I am just being real with you my brother. Advise no be curse!

1 Like

Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Doge: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
In simple words, HEAVENS NO! How can dt b enuf in current 9ja? Howeva, if one shld look @ it critically, den we would av to take factors lyk, which region in 9ja does he reside? 45 grand can go a long way 4 a starter who reside in d north or western part of d country if he is rily d simple type
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by armyofone(m): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
dayokanu:

seconded.

45,000 naira isnt even enough to shop at bodija cow market for a good sirloin.
not enough to buy Akwette material/hollandis/jorge
not enough to buy a good blouse for up and down wrapper.

so don't try it o, i beg.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by eggo: 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2011
i think sexkillz has given u dey rit decision to carry out, i would say u follow dat,
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by freeman11(m): 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
i am interested in this topic cos we young ones, in the quest of financial stability lose our grip on a love one, and after we must achieved that status start looking for that missing rib;

i got married with an average monthly income of 35,000. that was 2008. we saved up for 6months and went ahead with the wedding. the truth is that we decided not to involve children because my friend, you want the best for your children, from a one room to a self-contained, to a 2-bedroom, to a , the rest is history

the secret lies in finding the right woman THEN you would discover that 45,000 is even more than enough for your NEEDS.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by kabukabu(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
Marry with 45KK, are you fugging kidding me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I spend that more than that amount on gasoline in one month grin
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by software(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
@TOPIC

dont come near abuja babes oooooooooo, 45,000 is just for a day, lol
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by jimtosam: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2011
The salary might not be enough, It also depends on where you reside.If it is Lagos, forget it.U might not even survive with it in Ibadan.
The only way out is if the girl has a good job.The two of you will collaborate to handle bills. though the best option is not to rely on the woman for collaboration but u can start with collaboration if you have truly overdue for marriage and as time goes on, u add extra sources of income.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by marcus1234: 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
It might be enough if you live in jalingo
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by LaconicINC: 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
@sexkilz and jerryben12. I love ur contributions, that is really some practical stuff, this thread will also enlighten people who are in similar situation,kudos to everyone that has commented so far,una dey make sense jare!
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
shocked shocked
45K ? Boys go sh-ag wife tire,so look before you leap !
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
as long as u have PROVEN birth control

DO NOT even think of having kids with that salary.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Ebonyi1(f): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
you see different people have different prferences.to some just 10k is enough for them to get married while to some even 200k is not enough.but with 45k you should be able to forfeit alot of things someone with a 100k can afford.and you should know that  you can survive with that amount but it might not be the lifestyle you dream of
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by whiteroses(f): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
undecided ask for a raise maybe. dont marry for love alone now marry for love and comfort. Love is also a strategy for us to multiply and fufil Gods vision of human existence so use your head too. Which kain school your pikin go attend, you can only afford the likes of Anthony udofia memorial or CAC gbonmi which i know you know better than this. Prepare well for the future or is your lady pregnant? abi why you want marry under 45k a month thats £200 naw
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by dayokanu(m): 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
whiteroses:

undecided ask for a raise maybe. dont marry for love alone now marry for love and comfort. Love is also a strategy for us to multiply and fufil Gods vision of human existence so use your head too. Which kain school your pikin go attend, you can only afford the likes of Anthony udofia memorial or CAC gbonmi which i know you know better than this. Prepare well for the future or is your lady pregnant? abi why you want marry under 45k a month thats £200 naw

So you be Oshogbo woman.

Na CAC Gbemu,
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by DisGuy: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
ragdollz:

[size=30pt]Wife upkeep #5,000 per month[/size]  sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chei!! You go let your own sister enter that kind thing??  Na wa ooooh  grin grin grin. women don suffer!!!

I wan ask the bros same question o!

IBEXY:

A few weeks ago someone wanted to quit his 160k job on the grounds it was not enough. Now someone wants encouragement to start a family on 45k. Am curious to hear from all those who said 160k was too small to live on.

I dont think anyone said it was too small, depending on experience,qualification, location and network/opportunities around

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Happy With Your Name? / How Well Do You Know Your Children? / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.