Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,663 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts (22544 Views)

Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi / NNPP Senatorial, House Of Reps Candidates In Zamfara Join APC / Labour Party Reacts To Attack On ObiFlagBoy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by Cantonese: 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2022
360degreess:
That's a good development.. Their labour is in vain,that's how the labour of Obituary will be..

Abi, no wonder una misery, hardship, poverty and sorrow now dey end ooo.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2022
garfield1:

A heavy hammer from njc should suffice.they have a point if the complaint is about inec not complying with the electoral act
Tsammani of the Appeal Court used to be his problem, but he has been transferred to Abuja. Ikyegh JCA is now there.

That's why I said let's look at the judgement first....

The questions are..

1. Was INEC invited 21 days before?
2. If I invite INEC and they decided not to come, how is that the Party's problem?

So, unless LP didn't invite INEC @ all, it will be upturned.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2022
garfield1:

What is happening? Is there any new provision that I am unaware of? Yesterday,the apc candidate for yala 2 hon nkasi was sacked due to a pdp petition.the other time,dansuki was sacked as a result of apc petition.the apex court has consistently stated that non aspirants in a party's primaries do not have locus
The position on the screenshot (14c) is where they target.

They don't challenge the Primaries, they challenge INEC's role in it. So far, judgements like Osun and others have been delivered by the FHC. We will know better with the decision of Higher Courts.

Again, the same Judge that ruled on the Yala own is to decide on PDP v Peter Odey this month... And you should really fear for Cross-River APC Guber Candidate. It's a very very tight case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by Josephkabila12: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2022
AFRICANJAMAICA:
Ok

Nigerian politics is from hell
grin
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2022
Sani Abacha has resurrected in Rivers State. But he'll die again like a house rat that he is

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by Teejayadex: 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Later they will way they don't want to give power to igbos.

Even though those that support igbos presidential candidates can't support this style of politics and government at the federal level.

Igbo ronu
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by gbishman: 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2022
Rivers state Judiciary na wa o.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by DeleTaller: 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2022
Obi no dey give shishi to appeal that judgment so make the candidates go rest.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by Melagros(m): 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2022
ecolime:
Rivers PDP doesn't want any form of opposition next year. Which kain rubbish cases be this na?

Wike wey go still go on exile las las
Don't mind the motherfvcker
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by Okhuadams(m): 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2022

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by mrksquare: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/11/04/court-sacks-3-labour-party-candidates-in-rivers/%3famp=1

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02BAtN86QQf9iviGMkKrBVZatS83ajDq2GsVCiKM64YvH9Hz7GEjQYsoKkjEmHXcrtl&id=101996748550541

I'm even surprised that the LP could allow a known partisan judge to preside over its case. Steven Daylop Pam is reputed to be under Wike's payroll. Everybody knows this fact in Port Harcourt.

Our judiciary is gradually becoming a threat to our nascent democracy.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
fergie001:

The position on the screenshot (14c) is where they target.

They don't challenge the Primaries, they challenge INEC's role in it. So far, judgements like Osun and others have been delivered by the FHC. We will know better with the decision of Higher Courts.

Again, the same Judge that ruled on the Yala own is to decide on PDP v Peter Odey this month... And you should really fear for Cross-River APC Guber Candidate. It's a very very tight case.

Yes,I fear that woman in court 2.I dont know the case pdp has with odey but what I fear concerning otu is that he has dual citizenship.
Why is that section referring to aspirants instead of candidates
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by chukwuemerie95x: 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2022
Demo crazy at work, wailing wailers will come against judiciary, since the judgement is against Obi-idiots.Demo crazy at work, wailing wailers will come against judiciary, since the judgement is against Obi-idiots....
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
fergie001:

Tsammani of the Appeal Court used to be his problem, but he has been transferred to Abuja. Ikyegh JCA is now there.

That's why I said let's look at the judgement first....

The questions are..

1. Was INEC invited 21 days before?
2. If I invite INEC and they decided not to come, how is that the Party's problem?

So, unless LP didn't invite INEC @ all, it will be upturned.

True.ikyegh looks tough
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2022
garfield1:

Yes,I fear that woman in court 2.I dont know the case pdp has with odey but what I fear concerning otu is that he has dual citizenship.
Why is that section referring to aspirants instead of candidates
Mba Ukweni SAN is leading the Plaintiffs.

I don't know of Prince but know of Odey. Odey has dual citizenship. He voluntarily acquired UK citizenship. And Section 66 is a problem.....

Again and very delicately, Odey was one of the 18 Cross-River House of Assembly members that defected to APC and was sacked by the FHC. In their pleadings, they told the Appeal Court, that they are members of the PDP and did not defect. As at when he was picked as Deputy, his name was not in the APC membership register.

So, two questions:
Does PDP have the locus to institute the case?
Can a Party pick someone who is not a member of the Party as a Candidate?
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
fergie001:

Mba Ukweni SAN is leading the Plaintiffs.

I don't know of Prince but know of Odey. Odey has dual citizenship. He voluntarily acquired UK citizenship. And Section 66 is a problem.....

Again and very delicately, Odey was one of the 18 Cross-River House of Assembly members that defected to APC and was sacked by the FHC. In their pleadings, they told the Appeal Court, that they are members of the PDP and did not defect. As at when he was picked as Deputy, his name was not in the APC membership register.

So, two questions:
Does PDP have the locus to institute the case?
Can a Party pick someone who is not a member of the Party as an Aspirant?

Very delicate indeed.but section 84 of the electoral act has taken away locus from pdp...of course,apc can pick anybody they like as a candidate.it is their internal affairs.the court won't touch this
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
garfield1:

Very delicate indeed.but section 84 of the electoral act has taken away locus from pdp...of course,apc can pick anybody they like as a candidate.it is their internal affairs.the court won't touch this
APC lawyers argued this on preliminary objection and also said membership concerns the Party and not some 'meddlesome interlopers.'

PDP said the Constitution is more superior than S84.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
fergie001:

APC lawyers argued this on preliminary objection and also said membership concerns the Party and not some 'meddlesome interlopers.'

PDP said the Constitution is more superior than S84.

Which part of the constitution supercedes section 84?
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by bhella10: 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
angry
ifihearam:
THought zombiedients said WIKE is codedly OBIDIENT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gullible senile people living in delusion and denial.
grin
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 12:24am On Nov 05, 2022
garfield1:

Which part of the constitution supercedes section 84?
S84 talks about Primaries... They are attacking 285(14)c.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by Benwallt(m): 12:30am On Nov 05, 2022
Where can one find refuge in this country? You go to police, you get roped and victimised, you go to court, uppercut awaits you there, you go to politicians, they turned you to slave, you go to church, you are held by the throat while they ransack your puckets, you go to your landlord/lady, they blast you with increased rent just because you baff and rub cream. Would there ever be peace?
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by NessFortunate: 1:12am On Nov 05, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/11/04/court-sacks-3-labour-party-candidates-in-rivers/%3famp=1

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02BAtN86QQf9iviGMkKrBVZatS83ajDq2GsVCiKM64YvH9Hz7GEjQYsoKkjEmHXcrtl&id=101996748550541

because it affect LP Now Wike is now an emperor? Same Wike you clowns were hailing to deal with Atiku and PDP. When PETER OBI Was visiting him here and there, Wike was a nice guy abi? Na hypocrisy go k!ll una. Carry go Wike.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by JAGS001(m): 4:41am On Nov 05, 2022
Remain Peter Obi.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by sageb: 6:21am On Nov 05, 2022
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by bizzibodi(m): 6:59am On Nov 05, 2022
I see a wicked monkey hand inside soup....court no dey sack PDP too?
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2022
fergie001:

S84 talks about Primaries... They are attacking 285(14)c.

285 talks about candidates and parties against inec.no where does it allow parties to question the party membership of another party.section 84 is not about primaries but false information.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2022
garfield1:
285 talks about candidates and parties against inec.no where does it allow parties to question the party membership of another party.section 84 is not about primaries but false information.
What if the Candidate's name is in your own Party membership register?
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2022
fergie001:

What if the Candidate's name is in your own Party membership register?

Section 285 refers to inec register of voters not party register.how a party conducts its primary is its business except where it involves inec report
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2022
garfield1:
Section 285 refers to inec register of voters not party register.how a party conducts its primary is its business except where it involves inec report
The plank of this case has nothing to do with Primaries but nomination of the Candidate. Odey didn't contest.

They are not even questioning his membership but his averments in a live appeal in March.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 8:51am On Nov 05, 2022
fergie001:

The plank of this case has nothing to do with Primaries but nomination of the Candidate. Odey didn't contest.

They are not even questioning his membership but his averments in a live appeal in March.

You said they questioned his dual citizenship and I said section 285 prohibits outsiders.how can you now say they question his claim of being in pdp in averments and not his membership? You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.is that a disqualifying criteria.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2022
garfield1:

You said they questioned his dual citizenship and I said section 285 prohibits outsiders.how can you now say they question his claim of being in pdp in averments and not his membership? You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.is that a disqualifying criteria.

This is what I quoted.. where did you add dual citizenship?
Please help me find it.
So, where is the hot and cold, help me understand.

They are 6 issues for determination in all. Tell me what you don't understand....

Is Dual Citizenship a disqualification criteria? Yes. See S182
Does PDP have the locus to challenge same? The Court will determine that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Farotimi: Tinubu Won’t Appoint Ministers That Will Change Nigeria / Nigerian Army Noticeably Absent In Town Taken From Boko Haram-new York Times / Difference Between Senate And House Of Reps. Nigerians Answer (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.