Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,298 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts (22545 Views)

Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi / NNPP Senatorial, House Of Reps Candidates In Zamfara Join APC / Labour Party Reacts To Attack On ObiFlagBoy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by garfield1: 9:09am On Nov 05, 2022
fergie001:

Section 285 refers to inec register of voters not party register.how a party conducts its primary is its business except where it involves inec report
This is what I quoted.. where did you add dual citizenship?
Please help me find it.
So, where is the hot and cold, help me understand.

They are 6 issues for determination in all. Tell me what you don't understand....

Is Dual Citizenship a disqualification criteria? Yes. See S182
Does PDP have the locus to challenge same? The Court will determine that.

Dual citizenship is a disq criteria but section 84 of the electoral act limits it to party aspirants so no locus same for issues of membership etc
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by fergie001: 9:16am On Nov 05, 2022
garfield1:
Dual citizenship is a disq criteria but section 84 of the electoral act limits it to party aspirants so no locus same for issues of membership etc
Section 285 seems to expand that with recent judgements of the Federal High Courts. So, let's see what higher Courts will say firstly, with Osun and Oyetola which I believe will be delivered first by the Appeal Court.
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by OsunOriginal: 9:33am On Nov 05, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by AmazingELixir: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2022
Brendaniel:
You see why Wike is like an emperor, well, my own mission for him is to fight Atiku in the entire south...

LP should appeal immediately - OBIDATTI 2023

Court made a ruling and yet Wike's name will not leave your mouths...is this Wike such a nightmare to you guys.. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by AfonjaPriest: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
Re: Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts by AfonjaPriest: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Secret Daughter Lives In Kaduna⁠ / Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military / FG, Senate Face-off Deepens Divisions Among APC Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.