Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp (28657 Views)

Atiku, Obi Split “Owners Of Nigeria” By Kperogi / Wike, Others Take Anti-Atiku Battle To Bala Mohammed / We Call For The Immediate Arrest Of Alhaji Buba Galadima As Pdp And Atiku's Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by dre11(m): 8:05am On Nov 05, 2022
• Rivers gov, Makinde, Fayose, Arapaja, favour ex-Lagos Gov Tinubu

• ‘Some PDP governors, other party members like Ortom, Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Bode George, Mimiko rooting for Obi

Hopes of resolution of the crisis rocking the main opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) seem to have evaporated into the thin air as indications have emerged to suggest that aggrieved members have resolved to support other presidential candidates apart from Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who is the flag bearer of the party. As at the time of filing this report the ranks of the five governors led by Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and scores of other aggrieved chieftains of the party is said to have been broken into two.

While one of the two sharply divided camps have resolved to throw their weight behind the Presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the other side is said to be favourably disposed to the candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi.

A PDP source who spoke on condition of anonymity with our correspondent during the week confirmed the development, saying the camps of Tinubu and Obi have been mounting serious pressure on members of the party (PDP) who are angry with the party. “From the way things are now, I don’t think there appears to be any solution to the problems within our party (PDP). Many of these aggrieved governors and chieftains of the party are now more disposed to working for opposition parties.

“I can tell you for free that the camp of the aggrieved PDP members has been under undue pressure from foot soldiers of Tinubu and Peter Obi for support and they (APC and LP) emissaries seem to be making headway,” the source who pleaded not to named said. When pressed further by our correspondent, the sources named the governors elected on the platform of the party and the parties they might eventually work for at the poll.

According to him, Governors Wike is said to be leading the pack of those rooting for Tinubu and other chieftains of the party with him include, his counterpart in Oyo, Seyi Makinde, a former Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose.

The source also listed by the source is the current Deputy National Chairman of the party (South), Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja but added that the disposition of vice chairman of the party for South-South, Chief Dan Obih was still unknown. “From the findings conducted by our party, I know that Governors Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and Okezie Ikpeazu and Samuel Ortom may eventually back Peter Obi for the Presidency,” the source said. He listed immediate past Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, a former Deputy National Chairman (South), Chief Olabode George as allegedly supporting Obi.

When contacted for comments on the development, one of the campaign spokesmen of the PDP’s Presidential Campaign Council (PCC), Mr. Daniel Bwala could not confirm or debunk the news saying he was out of the country. “I cannot confirm this news now because as I am speaking to you, I am in London but give me some time to reach our people in Nigeria and I promise to call you back when I find out the true situation of things,” he said. An influential member of the APC Presidential Campaign Council iwho also pleaded anonymity in a telephone chat with our correspondent confirmed the development, saying, “It is obvious that some PDP governors and members are working for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. “I don’t want to name them and it is not within my purview to do that but if you look closely you should be able to see.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/tinubu-obi-split-anti-atiku-camp/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by pinkPUSSY(f): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2022
I don't believe that governors can influence voters that much this time around especially in southern and middle bellt part of Nigeria during next year's presidential election.. The four regions ( SE,SS, SW and MB) knw what is good for them..

NW and NE always vote along tribal lines irrespective of political party involved. They started their tribal politics since 2003 when Buhari began his presidential race that is why I laugh at amoda who thinks that he can become the president without having the backing of atleast 2/3 of entire southerners and 2/3 of MB zone .. These four regions have independent minds of their own.. Peter Obi is sure of SE and SS that's why even PDP candidate in Rivers state who is Wike's candidate is using Obi picture to campaign while Atiku is sure of NW and NE more reason some APC candidates are using his pictures as well..

Where is Tinubu's political base ?
Is he hoping on APC northern governors despite what PDP northern governors did to Jonathan? .. Doesn't Tinubu want to learn lesson from Jonathan's predicament ?

THIS PRESIDENTIAL BATTLE IS A TWO HORSE RACE FOR THOSE THAT HAVE A REGIONAL BASE, NOT FOR THOSE EYEING TO INHERIT BLOCK VOTES THAT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE IN ANOTHER REGION FAR AWAY FROM HIS BASE

168 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Ttalk: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2022
Yes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Ttalk: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
tongue

Coming to spit rubbish as usual

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by AdamuKD: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by AdamuKD: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
tongue
You go soon drop nonsense now

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Chinonye2022(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2022
A
Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by kingphilip(m): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2022
The both politicians should know that they may enjoy the support of the PDP prodigals in proxy and not too openly so as not to incur the antiparty activity wrath of their parties.

They should also take into consideration that the support of those individuals is not the support of the people of their respective state but they should rather put in the required work to get the support of the people at the grassroots.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by MrNice04(m): 8:35am On Nov 05, 2022
Yaruba slaves after using media to bring disrepute to buhari's government, you want to do the same to Atiku's campaign angry

We shall see

Atiku is coming

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Abfinest007(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2022
Wahala nor dey finish

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by OsunOriginal: 9:13am On Nov 05, 2022
dre11:

• Rivers gov, Makinde, Fayose, Arapaja, favour ex-Lagos Gov Tinubu

• ‘Some PDP governors, other party members like Ortom, Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Bode George, Mimiko rooting for Obi

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/tinubu-obi-split-anti-atiku-camp/

Nlfpmod

People that can't win their polling units are rooting for Obi - Isn't that laughable? grin grin grin grin grin

And all Atiku's campaign coordinators are always out of the country undecided undecided undecided undecided

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Indispensable85(m): 9:17am On Nov 05, 2022
Ttalk:

Coming to spit rubbish as usual

That girl is a confirm mumu

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Indispensable85(m): 9:21am On Nov 05, 2022
They'll come together at some point before the election.
Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by onatisi(m): 9:22am On Nov 05, 2022
two things i am praying and sincerely hoping for are that INEC should get the bvas right this time and that there should be no hiccups. Then lastly the police and security outfits are able to provide adequate security.
if inec gets the bvas right, and there is adequate security, it is then all these governors and godfathers will realize that their time of dictating who wins elections is over.
it seems wike has seen this and that is why he has quickly secured 200,000 voters for himself well ahead before the polls

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by onatisi(m): 9:24am On Nov 05, 2022
by January, they will align, one thing about Naija politics, once a winning pattern has emerged, everyone will jump in. Nigeria politicians dont like sticking with a potential losing candidate or party

Indispensable85:
They'll come together at some point before the election.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Indispensable85(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2022
onatisi:
by January, they will align, one thing about Naija politics, once a winning pattern has emerged, everyone will jump in. nigeria politicians do like sticking with a potential losing candidate or party

You've said it all.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Igbodicool(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2022
OK...

Only urchins and haters of good living are rooting for Tinubu.
No sane person will support APC!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by saferoom: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2022
Who would Wike prefer Tinubu to Obi? I hope this reporter knows what he is writing sha

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by BATified2023: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2022
One thing I know for sure is that atiku is the only contender against jagaban n one atiku is gone

I straight win for tinubu

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by adioolayi(m): 9:37am On Nov 05, 2022
Na wa for Atiku o..

A supposed political gladiator being used to play ping-pong..

Na wa okk

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by smartval(m): 9:37am On Nov 05, 2022
Like for Peter Obi, share for Atiku and Tinubu

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Gantata01(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2022
Wike go spoil things for Atiku

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Glink2018(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2022
MrNice04:
Yaruba slaves after using media to bring disrepute to buhari's government, you want to do the same to Atiku's campaign angry

We shall see

Atiku is coming

Atiku is coming to Cameroun his home town....to become their president

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by BESTScientist1: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2022
What we will celebrate is the new way of doing things in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria God bless all sane Nigerians who will not foolishly stay back and say that the election will be rigged, oju yobo will be president no matter what but will boldly match sanity with insanity, come out and vote for the only hope among the top three vying for the office of the FRON.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by christejames(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2022
OBIdients will prevail in the long run... kiss

Amen!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:40am On Nov 05, 2022
Vv
Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by halaqasa: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2022
E go be
Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by Acidosis(m): 9:40am On Nov 05, 2022
This is the best time for Mimiko to return to the Labour Party. He singlehandedly built the party in Ondo, rejected Tinubu's money and party (Action Congress), and went ahead to defeat the PDP despite OBJ's strong influence.

Mimiko working for Obi in Ondo state is a plus but he needs to come out boldly by renouncing the PDP.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp by EmmyDJourno: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2022
After this election we would know the Homo Sapiens and Homo Erectus in our midsts grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reactions As Anambra Begins Demolition Of 'Shanties' In Onitsha (Photos) / Insurgency: Air Force Deploys Fighter Helicopters To Kaduna, Niger / Serve Nigerians, Not My Husband, Aishat Tells Buhari’s Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.