Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,446 members, 7,843,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers (14493 Views)

Obaseki Pays ₦‎70,000 New Minimum Wage To Edo Workers / Governor Sanwo-Olu Pays Unannounced Visit To Island Maternity Hospital / Sanwo-Olu Pays Unscheduled Visit To Marina General Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers by Atlantis585: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
utenwuson:
All the ipob responsible should never be allowed to leave prison

Yes. But don’t forget to add ya father and all his fellow armed robbers. Dem follow join. cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers by SmartyPants(m): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
hush15:

That's not true and that is the second anniversary of the protest at the tollgate was all about.

If you can furnish me with a link of any news that he has followed the recommendations of the very panel the governor himself set up, ofcourse I will accept and move on but till then, I trust in God to deliver judgement which I know He will.

Earlier, the Chairman of the Panel, Justice Okuwobi expressed deep appreciation to the State government and all the stakeholders who appeared before the panel and the team for uncommon resolve and good team work.

Okuwobi, who disclosed that the panel awarded a total of N410 million to 70 victims of Police brutality, said 235 petitions were received with only 14 of it being on the alleged Lekki shooting incident.

“As much as the panel desired to have taken all petitions, the ones that were not taken by the panel were those that did not comply with our rules, so in this report, we made recommendations for a body to take over human rights abuse cases in Lagos State” Okuwobi said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/lekki-toll-gate-saga-history-ll-judge-us-says-sanwo-olu/

So the onus is now on you to tell us which and which persons are due for compensation but have not been paid.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers by Slurity(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
Curious345:
Good .

I love sanwolu and I will vote for him .

But I cannot stain my finger with ink to thumbprint for tinubu victory .. am I maaaaaaaaad!
People like you attack Tinubu when he said Sanwolu is how Lagos want and not the continuation of Ambode, now you prefer to vote Sanwolu but hate the man that brings him to power. You can not hide the fact that sentiment is your problem with Tinubu. Hatred has blinded your good sense of judgement. However, Tinubu is the next president, you vote or not.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers by 618benazir: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
FairFair...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pays ₦‎70 Million Compensation To Families Of Slain Police Officers by HenryWilliams(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
Kobicove:
This is a commendable gesture from the Lagos State Government but there is a need to do more for the families of policemen who die on active duty!

What is the NPF doing about it?
Don't tell me they did anything cos I know that's a blatant lie.
Lagos State always pay compensation when police officers die while in active service, the NPF does nothing.. they'll even evict the families from the shitholes they call barracks a month after death.
Lagos will equip Police
Buy them vehicles
Contribute fund for them.
Even banks and companies buy patrol vehicles for them.. aren't they ashamed?
Check the brand new vehicles in 3 months.. you'll think they drove it thru Syria...
Where is the NPF budget going?
I swear with proper restructuring.. all this bullshit will come to an end.
NPF is a federal institution, why the Lagos State shouldering their responsibility?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) / PDP Senators To Oppose Yakubu’s Confirmation As INEC Chair / The Senators Representing Lagos State Are Tinubu’s Servants – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.