Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? (5241 Views)

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by LagosShia: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2011
for the sake of God,the God you believe in,why do you like spreading falsehood and aggressively rejects using your head? you're annoyingly du.mb.everyone can post nonsense on youtube.you're now spreading that nonsense like a donkey on nairaland by copying and pasting without thinking.

is Jesus in the bible not described as the "son of David"?

is he not also described as the son of Joseph?

is he not also described as the son of God?

so now if i am to take everything literal,how many fathers does Jesus have?

what do we call someone who is said to have more than one father?!!!!!!!!!!!!

why dont you think that the "sister of Aron" is figurative?
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Sweetnecta: 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
more importantly, we are all children of Adam.

by that alone, Mary is sister Aaron.

How is Jesus son of David, then?

ow is Jesus son of Adam then [check your bible]?
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Joagbaje(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
Jesus bing on of David has to do with lineage . It doesn't refer to direct fatherhood.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Sweetnecta: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2011
did the Quran say more than the possibility you gave Jesus to David as to Mary and Aaron?
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by wordtalk(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2011
LagosShia:

why dont you think that the "sister of Aron" is figurative?

All you should have done is simply explain the conundrum of Mary being the "sister of Aaron". That line is not answered by posing a question in anger. If you wanted to know how and why Jesus is called the Son of David, at least the Bible explains that in Romans 1:3 -  "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh." I don't know if the Quran explains how and why Mary is called the "sister" of Aaron - and you are not helping your case by reacting angrily with questions about Jesus which the Bible well explains.

Besides all this, it is not Arabic or Islamic culture during Mohammad's time to address people of different generations as "sister of"  or "brother of" - even where you think they did, the speaker would have left some explanation. For the Quran to just say that Mary was the "sister" of Aaron without explanation in the Quran itself is simply begging the question.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Sweetnecta: 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
[Quote]Romans 1:3 - "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh." [/Quote]a person who thinks will know that God will never be flesh, like His creations/made; what maker makes.

God is not seen at anytime, so the author of Roman 1 verse 3 goes against what the jews that Jesus came for and Jesus himself believe.

Jesus was on earth he didnt say am God worship me. if he had said so, the Jews would have made sure they slaughtered on the high noon, instead of hanging him so close to the beginning of sabbath that no one can really be certain of the outcome. a dead man does not walk in the shadows to avoid his killers.

as to Mary and Aaron, if all humans are brothers and sisters 'according' to being offspring of Adam [as], is this not the very reason, at least to know that Aaron who is dead already is a brother to every human being, including Mary, except Adam the father of all?

is Jesus the brother of Solomon then, the uncles of Solomon's children, and brother in law to the wives of Solomon?

everyone of us is a seed of Adam according to the flesh. Every jew is a brother or sister to one another according to the flesh, being children of Jacob, the man renamed Israel.

that should satisfy woldtalk, who was satisfied with Paul's explanation but refused to know without explanation that all humans are by Adam as the father, brothers and sisters
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Sweetnecta: 1:28am On Aug 23, 2011
@Wordtalk; the author of the roman verse you quoted to explain Jesus and David said the following about himself; Paul interrogates:
"But if through my falsehood ("lie" in K.J.V.), God's truthfulness abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned ("judged" in K.J.V.), as a sinner?" Romans 3:7 (N.R.S.V.)

and somebody in the bible said something in the line of this; you are just like your father. he was a killer before . . . .

in the view of the above, is anything said by Paul worth its weight in a single grain of salt?
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

a person who thinks will know that God will never be flesh, like His creations/made; what maker makes.

God is not seen at anytime, so the author of Roman 1 verse 3 goes against what the jews that Jesus came for and Jesus himself believe.

Jesus was on earth he didnt say am God worship me. if he had said so, the Jews would have made sure they slaughtered on the high noon, instead of hanging him so close to the beginning of sabbath that no one can really be certain of the outcome. a dead man does not walk in the shadows to avoid his killers.

as to Mary and Aaron, if all humans are brothers and sisters 'according' to being offspring of Adam [as], is this not the very reason, at least to know that Aaron who is dead already is a brother to every human being, including Mary, except Adam the father of all?

is Jesus the brother of Solomon then, the uncles of Solomon's children, and brother in law to the wives of Solomon?

everyone of us is a seed of Adam according to the flesh. Every jew is a brother or sister to one another according to the flesh, being children of Jacob, the man renamed Israel.

that should satisfy woldtalk, who was satisfied with Paul's explanation but refused to know without explanation that all humans are by Adam as the father, brothers and sisters

perhaps if you spent more time explaining why the quran is such a confused mishmash of copied jewish history rather than taking the well worn islamist route of hiding behind the bible then we might take you seriously.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

a person who thinks will know that God will never be flesh, like His creations/made; what maker makes.

for starteres, you malevolent followers of satan (allah) should stop parroting the bible (which you claim is corrupted by the pen of the scribes) when it suits you and you need it to explain away the errors in the quran. Allah certainly NEVER made the statements i highlight there. Paul made that statement! Its quite funny that in one post you use a quote from paul to justify the quran THEN turn around to call Paul a liar!
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by vedaxcool(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2011
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisaa verse

1 O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-Lord Who created you from a single person (Adam (a.s.)), created of like nature his mate (Hawwa), and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women; reverence Allah through Whom ye demand your mutual (rights) and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.

There is indeed no doubt that every single human being is from amongst the descendants of the one common parents of mankind, Adam and Hawwa; and thus in effect every human being is indeed a brother or sister to each other in humanity. Even Allah Subhanah personifies this truth in several verses of His Glorious Quran where He address mankind or all humanity, believers and non-believers alike, as the ‘Children of Adam’.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Rich4god(m): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2011
wordtalk = davidylan = FROSBEL
@ Frosbel, Am still wondering, what church do you attend, or did you ever set your foot in any field of learning (sorry for being so harsh on you), Why do you keep on exposing your ig, ce through your posts. Your actions and words are not of a true xtian and you are painting our image black.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by vedaxcool(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^
he attends Kill the Muslims Church of Satan int'l grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by wordtalk(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

in the view of the above, is anything said by Paul worth its weight in a single grain of salt?

We know already that Muhammad prayed for forgiveness for his sins seventy times a day - and I definitely cannot listen to a man who is that much loaded with sins! If he could ask for forgiveness 70 times a day for all the years I went to University, that would make about 102,200 sins for just 4 years! I don't read of Paul praying for sinning seventy times a day, do you?

Sweetnecta:

Thinking people know that Romans 1:3 was describing the human lineage of Jesus Christ - I guess that is beyond you if you are struggling to even think.

What I am still wondering about is that none of you have been abe to show any verse of the Quran that explains how or why Mary was "sister" of Aaron. The excuses that I read from you guys are just fanciful tales. Arabic and Islamic cultures do not describe people as brothers and sisters who lived in generations FAR APART from each other! O' comon guys - just either admit you don't see any explanation in any verse of the Quran for that conundrum rather than trying to fill the gap for Muhammad.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by vedaxcool(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2011
wordtalk:

We know already that Muhammad prayed for forgiveness for his sins seventy times a day - and I definitely cannot listen to a man who is that much loaded with sins! If he could ask for forgiveness 70 times a day for all the years I went to University, that would make about 102,200 sins for just 4 years! I don't read of Paul praying for sinning seventy times a day, do you?

I would have given you a descent answer but I prefer giving you answer that are worthy of your character:

I read in the bible this:

Strange as it may seem, that while the missionaries boast about their master's humility, meekness and long-suffering, they call him the "Prince of Peace" and they sing that "he was led to the slaughter like a lamb, and like a sheep who before his shearer is dumb, he opened not his mouth", yet they proudly record in the same breath, that he was ever ready with invectives for the elders of his race, and was always itching for a showdown i.e. if their records are true:
"Ye hypocrites!"
"Ye wicked and adulterous generation!"
"Ye whited sephulcres!"
"Ye generation of vipers!"

Is Insulting your elders a sin in the Bible? I leave it to the ever dishonest nature of baba frosbel and his ilks to answer. it is reported in the bible that Jesus called his mum WOMAN again i asked is that what you call your mum at home, isn't that a sin? we read again in the bible that Jesus refer to non jews as Dogs, do not cast the bread of children to the dogs, is that a sin, is insulting people a proper behavior according to the bible?

Thinking people know that Romans 1:3 was describing the human lineage of Jesus Christ - I guess that is beyond you if you are struggling to even think.

wordtalk:

What I am still wondering about is that none of you have been abe to show any verse of the Quran that explains how or why Mary was "sister" of Aaron. The excuses that I read from you guys are just fanciful tales. Arabic and Islamic cultures do not describe people as brothers and sisters who lived in generations FAR APART from each other! O' comon guys - just either admit you don't see any explanation in any verse of the Quran for that conundrum rather than trying to fill the gap for Muhammad.

You keep writing that 'Arabic and Islamic cultures do not describe people as brothers and sisters who lived in generations FAR APART from each other' where is your proof for that? I have read articles by muslim scholars where Prophet Muhammad is refereed to as a Brother of Jesus http://www.whymuhammad.com/es/Contents.aspx?AID=5716, Is this how Honest you actually are? Lets read the verse and understand the context:

"At length she brought the (babe) to her people carrying him. They said: 'O Mary! truly a strange thing has thou brought!'. 'O sister of Aaron!, thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!' " (The Holy Qur’ân 19:27-28)

It becomes apparent in what sense the sister of Aaron is being used,

A. Yusuf Ali, comments in his popular English translation of the Qur’ân:
"The amazement of the people knew no bounds. In any case they were prepared to think the worst of her, as she had disappeared from her kin for some time. But now she comes, shamelessly parading a babe in her arms! How she had disgraced house of Aaron, the fountain of priesthood!
"Sister of Aaron": Mary is reminded of her high lineage and the unexceptionable morals of her father and mother. How, they said, she had fallen, and disgraced the name of her progenitors!

Believe what you must, but for people with sound common sense, we know that it has its' contextual meaning.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Sweetnecta: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Wordtalk; « #13 on: Today at 08:50:21 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 01:28:38 AM

We know already that Muhammad prayed for forgiveness for his sins seventy times a day - [/Quote]you seem to forget that Jesus also prayed. Check you bibles, you will see 'forgive us our sins'. Then Jesus prayed many times in the garden. Either God accepted his prayers of help or they were rejected. No prophet ever prayed that was rejected. Whatever God will not accept from prophet He will not let him utter it. If at long last, after all those prayers Jesus was killed by Romans or Jews or both it simply points to the fact that Jesus was a sinner the reason he was rejected.

If he was saved he will only be a prophet and not God; I know that it is not the God part that we are talking about here. And to the sins of Jesus, from the pages of your Bibles you should be able to reason that if he is not in hell as a sinner he was lying when he said if a person call a human being a fool, he will have to be thrown into hell for it. Jesus didn't avoid that 'hell bound word'. He called somebody a fool.

No where in the Bible did Yahweh promise Jesus that he will forgive him. We also know that Jesus said of himself that he was powerless. So i don't listen to what came from the mouth of Johnnie come lately, even later in the person of Paul. We take what come from the horse's mouth. If investigated further, the dying Jesus committed the greatest sin; blaming Eli for forsaking him.

[Quote]I definitely cannot listen to a man who is that much loaded with sins! If he could ask for forgiveness 70 times a day for all the years I went to University, that would make about 102,200 sins for just 4 years! I don't read of Paul praying for sinning seventy times a day, do you?[/Quote]Paul is unimportant because his dye has already been cast for being a liar in his effort to propagate and the fact that he was killer before [read your bible, unless those verses are fraud, corrupt and useless].

And as to forgiveness in Islam, even if your sins are into quad trillions or even ga-zillions, each more profound than the meager 102,200 that you listed, a single forgiveness from Allah wipes all of them and you are like a new born baby from mother's womb. Are you familiar with the hadith of Aisha [ra] saying to Muhammad [as] 'even your future sins are already forgiven you". Yet Muhammad said to her "for that reason should i not be a grateful slave of Allah, thanking him?"

You know when you analyze how future sin can be forgiven, you will realize that you are prevented from committing that sin that you used to enjoy committing, or a new one you may just be cultivating to begin committing.
I need to ask you about Muhammad [as]. Could you list the type of sins he used to commit that he was asking forgiveness for? I guarantee you that you will not be able to find one, except you make it up. If he was sinner in sin city Makka, when he declared his prophetic office, they would used it to malign him.

When he arrived in Madina, the Jews in particular would have raised a big cloud of his sins and say he was not a prophet. In either city, no one said anything about his 'sin', which should have been the biggest weapon against his claim and his efforts. I realize you avoided not talking about Jesus including a verse from the gospel. Rather you put up Paul and his verse. Unless he is the one that is the another comforter promised and the that prophet to come after Jesus, I do affirm that Paul is a fraud. He and the bible writers have robbed Jesus son of Mary his innocence as a prophet of God, instead made him to what he is not.

In the middle of responding to you, I went to make my salah. I read surah Nasr [chapter 110] and the last verse is #3 wherein Allah says to the believers 'wastagfiru inna hukana tawabba'. The wastagfiru here is 'and ask for forgiveness'. People like you may term it as a sign of the sins of Muslims without looking at what the whole chapter is saying, what was the circumstances of its revelation, etc. This is one of the last Surahs revealed to the messenger [as], addressing his impending very near future death, and the success of his mission and the bright future of Islam. The chapter is about victory and they say to the victor goes the spoil.

Yet this victor {Muhammad [as]] and his companions [ra] were told to seek forgiveness, when they have done nothing wrong, done everything right being obedience. They have to continue to be obedient and this way, even if there is no obvious sin, not asking for forgiveness is pure arrogance, and when you are told to seek forgiveness, you obey. This obedience elevates you higher. Since you went to University, you must know about curves and extra credits. While every one may be graded down and makes the passing grade by 'curving', the one who is truly successful gets extra marks, so he/she ends up with 107% or more when the best is 1oo%.

Allah says of Muhammad [as] in Suratul Inshirah [chapter 94] verse 4 says about Muhammad [as]; 'and raised the esteem [in which] you [Muhammad  is held]. Is Muhammad [as] a sinner? From me, no. But then i asked you, testing your honesty.

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 11:21:21 PM

Thinking people know that Romans 1:3 was describing the human lineage of Jesus Christ - I guess that is beyond you if you are struggling to even think.[/Quote]nowhere in my statement above that you could come with the idea that i am struggling or i am the 'thinking people' in that statement. I may want to use we or us and our fore myself in the right setting, but not 'people'. 1 person does not make 'people' even make 'a people'. I think now that you will make up story of sin for Muhammad [as]. You ave displayed a fruit of deceit.

[Quote]What I am still wondering about is that none of you have been abe to show any verse of the Quran that explains how or why Mary was "sister" of Aaron.[/Quote]You will continue to wonder. Even though you were able to compute that 70 times X [X being the number of days you spent as a University student] equals to 102,200, and that according to the flesh [whatever flesh means here], Paul was able to make Jesus son of King David [the father of King Solomon the wise], you are not able to use that fresh out of University mind to read in the Quran verse[s]; Yaa bani Adama [Oh Children of Adam], which is generic to all mankind [Mary and Aaron were from mankind].

Or verses: "Yaa bani Israil" [Oh children of Israel] which are even more specific to Mary and Aaron, excluding me, a Nigerian and you unless you a Jew by blood. Are you a Jew? Then what tribe or nation are you from in the 12?

[Quote] The excuses that I read from you guys are just fanciful tales. Arabic and Islamic cultures do not describe people as brothers and sisters who lived in generations FAR APART from each other! O' comon guys - just either admit you don't see any explanation in any verse of the Quran for that conundrum rather than trying to fill the gap for Muhammad.[/Quote]oh come on, man, a statement is its own best explanation. If I say to you that my friend is a foreigner. You only have to hear him speak and you will know that he is my friend, especially wen he is the only asking you to translate 9ja yabbis to Queens English. And Quran is not an arabic culture but an Islamic culture [which also stated], by its fact that it covers every thing that is good in every culture and eliminates what is bad in Arabic culture and then other cultures. You have a sharp mind so i will remind you in case you over look it my guy that the world is now a global village. There is an african proverb that says it takes a village to raise a child. Not everyone in the village is related, because choosing a spouse will be like sleeping with your own brother or sister, if Jesus is the son of David and we can only imagine what Mary is to David by the "flesh'?

Incidentally, if you suggest to us that the jews according to the flesh theory of Paul can make Jesus a son to David because they are both from the same culture of Children of Israel according to the flesh, whose children are Mary and Aaron according to flesh if not te same Children of israel? What was the reaction of the jews in Madina when the Quran says the old Jews said to Mary "Oh sister of Aaron"? I have a video from an English man that says half of the Jewish rabbis of madina were muslims. If you are saying it was a conundrum, shouldn't the jews have abandoned the young religion and raise a campaign against him, using this very incident as their platform? I do hope you think harder before you respond. College education is very expensive. Somebody broke the bank to finance what you now have. Congratulations.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Sweetnecta

you seem to forget that Jesus also prayed. Check you bibles, you will see 'forgive us our sins'.

Forgive us our sins, was directed to and for his disciples not for JESUS CHRIST.

JESUS CHRIST WAS Sinless and even your books back up this claim that he was sinless. Now do not lie, because I will produce the verse to backup my claim !

So tell me is it not madness to follow a sinful man and reject a sinless man

utter confusion here !

You keep changing your story to fit into a LIE and that LIE is ISLAM.

Jesus Then Jesus prayed many times in the garden. Either God accepted his prayers of help or they were rejected. No prophet ever prayed that was rejected. Whatever God will not accept from prophet He will not let him utter it. If at long last, after all those prayers Jesus was killed by Romans or Jews or both it simply points to the fact that Jesus was a sinner the reason he was rejected.

Jesus prayed to the father, " Not my will but your will be done ".

Ask yourself, what was the father's will ? It was to save mankind from the horror of sin and dangers of hell fire.

If he was saved he will only be a prophet and not God; I know that it is not the God part that we are talking about here. And to the sins of Jesus, from the pages of your Bibles you should be able to reason that if he is not in hell as a sinner he was lying when he said if a person call a human being a fool, he will have to be thrown into hell for it. Jesus didn't avoid that 'hell bound word'. He called somebody a fool.

lol, please stop quoting the corrupted bible out of context grin

Matthew 5:22 (NIV) -

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, `Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, `You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

The first part of the verse explains the meaning of the verse. The topic of this verse is the issue of being angry with other people. Jesus told us, in other verses, that we are supposed to settle our disputes with other people. And, if you are degrading or defaming another person, then you obviously aren't doing much to settle your dispute.

No where in the Bible did Yahweh promise Jesus that he will forgive him

Yes because there was no sin to convict or forgive him off , unlike Muhammad who needed constant forgiveness.

We also know that Jesus said of himself that he was powerless. So i don't listen to what came from the mouth of Johnnie come lately, even later in the person of Paul. We take what come from the horse's mouth. If investigated further, the dying Jesus committed the greatest sin; blaming Eli for forsaking him.

^

Illogical , please expatiate

Paul is unimportant because his dye has already been cast for being a liar in his effort to propagate and the fact that he was killer before [read your bible, unless those verses are fraud, corrupt and useless].

Paul was 1 million times more of a righteous man than Muhammad.

Comparing Muhammad even to Paul will be an insult.

Paul never married, but Muhammad had many wives.

Paul preached peace , but Muhammad preached War.

Paul preached forgiveness, but Muhammad preached retaliation

I am sorry you cannot compare the two, one was spiritual the other was mere earthly !

And as to forgiveness in Islam, even if your sins are into quad trillions or even ga-zillions, each more profound than the meager 102,200 that you listed, a single forgiveness from Allah wipes all of them and you are like a new born baby from mother's womb. Are you familiar with the hadith of Aisha [ra] saying to Muhammad [as] 'even your future sins are already forgiven you". Yet Muhammad said to her "for that reason should i not be a grateful slave of Allah, thanking him?"

So your ALLAH forgives but also condones !

You see in ISLAM there is no repentance from sins.

There is only a hope that you will be saved on the last day.

If a son asks for his father's forgiveness with no intention of changing his behavior , then that request is worthless.

Yet Muslims ask for forgiveness but have no desire to change their ways, they still lie, cheat, murder, rape etc etc .

I am sorry but you have been misled.

I need to ask you about Muhammad [as]. Could you list the type of sins he used to commit that he was asking forgiveness for? I guarantee you that you will not be able to find one, except you make it up. If he was sinner in sin city Makka, when he declared his prophetic office, they would used it to malign him.

Liar !!!

Muhammad himself said he was a sinner and prayed for forgiveness.

When he arrived in Madina, the Jews in particular would have raised a big cloud of his sins and say he was not a prophet. In either city, no one said anything about his 'sin', which should have been the biggest weapon against his claim and his efforts. I realize you avoided not talking about Jesus including a verse from the gospel. Rather you put up Paul and his verse. Unless he is the one that is the another comforter promised and the that prophet to come after Jesus, I do affirm that Paul is a fraud. He and the bible writers have robbed Jesus son of Mary his innocence as a prophet of God, instead made him to what he is not.

more confusion !!! grin

You try to explain what you do not understand and make yourself look very funny !!

In the middle of responding to you, I went to make my salah. I read surah Nasr [chapter 110] and the last verse is #3 wherein Allah says to the believers 'wastagfiru inna hukana tawabba'. The wastagfiru here is 'and ask for forgiveness'. People like you may term it as a sign of the sins of Muslims without looking at what the whole chapter is saying, what was the circumstances of its revelation, etc. This is one of the last Surahs revealed to the messenger [as], addressing his impending very near future death, and the success of his mission and the bright future of Islam. The chapter is about victory and they say to the victor goes the spoil.

Yeah right !!!
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
vedaxcool:

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisaa verse

1 O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-Lord Who created you from a single person (Adam (a.s.)), created of like nature his mate (Hawwa), and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women; reverence Allah through Whom ye demand your mutual (rights) and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.

There is indeed no doubt that every single human being is from amongst the descendants of the one common parents of mankind, Adam and Hawwa; and thus in effect every human being is indeed a brother or sister to each other in humanity. Even Allah Subhanah personifies this truth in several verses of His Glorious Quran where He address mankind or all humanity, believers and non-believers alike, as the ‘Children of Adam’.

this is the excuse for allah's error? grin

Rich4god:

wordtalk = davidylan = FROSBEL
@ Frosbel, Am still wondering, what church do you attend, or did you ever set your foot in any field of learning (sorry for being so harsh on you), Why do you keep on exposing your ig, ce through your posts. Your actions and words are not of a true xtian and you are painting our image black.

My dear you're not a christian. Look at the words Christ used for the pharisees, posted by a muslim!

"Ye hypocrites!"
"Ye wicked and adulterous generation!"
"Ye whited sephulcres!"
"Ye generation of vipers!"

I'd wager you think Christ isnt christian too? Being "christian" is not the same thing as false tolerance.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by vedaxcool(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
frosbel:

Paul was 1 million times more of a righteous man than Muhammad.

Comparing Muhammad even to Paul will be an insult.

Paul never married, but Muhammad had many wives.

Paul preached peace , but Muhammad preached War.

Paul preached forgiveness, but Muhammad preached retaliation

Oh really is it the same lying Paul of the bible?n This Jealousy of Islam will not get you to Heaven don't say i did not warn you.

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

In the above statement, Paul very subtly claims that he has the very same authority as the true apostles do and that he is a Nazarite too! Paul therefore, exalts his calling ABOVE the Apostles, as not needing human authority! The Apostles were specifically appointed by Yah'shuah while He was alive, except Matthias who replaced Judas, but was appointed through prayer and the drawing of lots by the true Apostles. Yet Paul, is above that it seems! He didn't need the approval of any man after all; only his own! Furthermore, he basically dumps Ananias as his 'teacher' of what to do next, even though, according to his own 'vision' Ananias WAS appointed by Christ to instruct him. So what is it? Is Paul a user who discards what is no longer useful to his cause? YES.

Paul's tactic is crystal clear to me: by claiming his 'apostolic authority' came directly from GOD and not from men, he tries to make himself untouchable BY men in his self-proclaimed posititon of Apostle. He tries to make himself ABOVE being questioned and 2000 years of history have proven he did succeed!! His words; his Epistles, are like GOD'S OWN WORDS to the christian church! HOW DARE ANYONE QUESTION GOD That's the exact attitude I get from christians when I try to tell them; "Uh . . . hang on a sec! You're APOSTLE IS A FRAUD!" Paul's tactic was to make it so that his own calling was 'above flesh and blood' so even what the twelve true Apostles, AND MESSIAH HIMSELF had to say, didn't and still doesn't matter even today.

Yet another contradiction comes up concerning Paul's supposed imprisonment. Did you know, he was not a true prisioner who was locked in a cell, bound in chains or left to suffer alone in any way, though he certainly claims he was a loudly so, so as to stir up pity for himself!? He was actually under house arrest at his own request and was free to come and go and have visitors too. He continued his 'missionary journeys' but on the Roman's tab this time instead of at the expense of his congregations.

Acts 24:22- 23 But Felix, having a rather accurate knowledge of the Way, put them off, saying, "When Lys'ias the tribune comes down, I will decide your case." Then he gave orders to the centurion that he should be kept in custody but should have some liberty, and that none of his friends should be prevented from attending to his needs.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
vedaxcool:

Oh really is it the same lying Paul of the bible?n This Jealousy of Islam will not get you to Heaven don't say i did not warn you.

doesnt matter, you're not going to heaven anyway. allah said so in his quran, ask me and i will show you where. Your entry is based on lottery. grin
You can fast all you want, you'd be better off learning some gymnastics because you will need it to jump over hell. . . . allah said so.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Sweetnecta: 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^and you dont need te gymnasyics because yours is hatman. i pray you will not live your entire life like your father, Paul the liar who was a killer from the beginning.

dont worry, all humans will come to it, including you, Jesus and Paul.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Sweetnecta: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
i have an idea for the christians;

was Mary both mother of Jesus and wife King David?

but David died long time before his son Jesus was born.

in fact David died long time before Mary was born.

ow can Jesus be son of David and Mary is not his wife, yet according to being from the tribal line with Aaron, considering Zacharias and his son John were also, that the christians find it strange that Mary was considered as sister of Aaron according to the flesh? I think people should apply the same brush stroke to a similar statement.

if all children of Adam are brothers and sisters how difficult is it for an average intelligence to understand Mary is a human sister of Aaron regardless of the time they lived.

nigerians stand in brother-hood and sister-hood to one another in the nation. yet it is from this pool that suitors seek their spouses.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

i have an idea for the christians;

was Mary both mother of Jesus and wife King David?

but David died long time before his son Jesus was born.

in fact David died long time before Mary was born.

ow can Jesus be son of David and Mary is not his wife, yet according to being from the tribal line with Aaron, considering Zacharias and his son John were also, that the christians find it strange that Mary was considered as sister of Aaron according to the flesh? I think people should apply the same brush stroke to a similar statement.

if all children of Adam are brothers and sisters how difficult is it for an average intelligence to understand Mary is a human sister of Aaron regardless of the time they lived.

nigerians stand in brother-hood and sister-hood to one another in the nation. yet it is from this pool that suitors seek their spouses.

grin grin grin this is quite daft and a desperately poor attempt to obfuscate the issue - mohammad's lies!

It was very very common and you will see this all over the bible . . . for example - the jews CONSISTENTLY refered to themselves as the sons of Abraham . . . was Abraham the biological father of millions of people? Sarah's womb wouldnt have coped at all.

Another example - we here the jews being refered to as the sons of Jacob . . . was Jacob their biological father? That was the jewish way of tracing their ancestry and still occurs today.

On the other hand - mohammad had NO CLUE that miriam was different from mary! grin
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by LagosShia: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
wordtalk:

in Islam,seeking forgiveness first of all is out of humility.secondly the word that is used to mean forgiveness is "istighfar".the word "istigfar" means also "seeking protection through nearness to Allah (swt)".likewise,as Jesus (aS) taught his disciples "forgive us our tresspasses" Muhammad (sa) also taught us "istighfar".

I am also still wondering how Jesus (as) is the "son of David".

you said:

"Romans 1:3 - "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh."

what does the phrase "according to the flesh" means?cant that phrase be used also to say that the writer of the book of Romans taught David was the man who fathered Jesus? "according to the flesh" can also be used to refer to my relationship to my biological father.are you not also interpreting?the problem is,you forbid using your empty head to think and see common sense.

in arabic language,any human being can be refered to as "bani Adam" or "son of Adam".that is figurative and the arabic language have many ways of expressions that are purely figurative.does that mean my father is Adam?so please dont teach us arabic that you dont know.i know arabic more than you do,and i can beat my chest and boast of that.just shut-up.using many usernames,does not hide your ignorance Mr."frosbel"!
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by LagosShia: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
davidylan:

for starteres, you malevolent followers of satan (allah) should stop parroting the bible (which you claim is corrupted by the pen of the scribes) when it suits

we are not the ones who claim it is corrupted by the lying pen of the scribes.it is your bible that gives evidence against itself:

JEREMIAH 8:8
"How can you say that you are wise and that you have the LORD's teachings? The scribes have used their pens to turn these teachings into lies".
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by LagosShia: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
"Bible (im)morality"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739876.0.html

"Where Is Jesus"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739871.0.html

"Bible Verses Churches Conceal From Your Ears":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-743341.0.html

"Killing Children Is Bible Miracle"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735998.0.html

"According To The Bible:if Your Wife Saves Your Life,you Cut Off Her Hand"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=736626.msg8931460#msg8931460

"Jesus Never Told Anyone He Will Die For Them"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735489.0.html

"Bible Scholars Admit To Bible Text Discrepancies"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734053.0.html

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

"original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551599.0.html

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament" (bible)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.0.html

"The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729581.0.html

"The Christian Resurrection Myth"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

"Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739934.0.html

"Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732120.0.html

"Weekly Crusaders' Report-this Thread Would Be Updated Regularly"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732741.0.html

"Norway Christian Terrorist Motive:"to Demand Crusade Against Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-719777.0.html

"German Priest Burns Himself To Death To Protest Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551584.0.html

"Why Muslims Pray In Arabic"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-574141.0.html
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by LagosShia: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
"Bible (im)morality"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739876.0.html

"Where Is Jesus"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739871.0.html

"Bible Verses Churches Conceal From Your Ears":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-743341.0.html

"Killing Children Is Bible Miracle"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735998.0.html

"According To The Bible:if Your Wife Saves Your Life,you Cut Off Her Hand"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=736626.msg8931460#msg8931460

"Jesus Never Told Anyone He Will Die For Them"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735489.0.html

"Bible Scholars Admit To Bible Text Discrepancies"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734053.0.html

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

"original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551599.0.html

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament" (bible)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.0.html

"The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729581.0.html

"The Christian Resurrection Myth"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

"Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739934.0.html

"Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732120.0.html

"Weekly Crusaders' Report-this Thread Would Be Updated Regularly"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732741.0.html

"Norway Christian Terrorist Motive:"to Demand Crusade Against Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-719777.0.html

"German Priest Burns Himself To Death To Protest Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551584.0.html

"Why Muslims Pray In Arabic"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-574141.0.html
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
LagosShia:

we are not the ones who claim it is corrupted by the lying pen of the scribes.it is your bible that gives evidence against itself:

JEREMIAH 8:8
"How can you say that you are wise and that you have the LORD's teachings? The scribes have used their pens to turn these teachings into lies".

so the lying pen of the scribes wrote mohammad into the bible too? cheesy
Make up your minds you slaves of shaitan.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by LagosShia: 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
davidylan:

so the lying pen of the scribes wrote mohammad into the bible too? cheesy
Make up your minds you slaves of shaitan.

suit yourself
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
LagosShia:

suit yourself

you are quite a funny character.

the bible is corrupt only when it suits you right ?

but then you hypocritically attempt to use the same corrupted scripture to affirm the credentials of your false prophet ,right ?

can you not logically see the confusion and chaos of your own statements.

please think out of the box or should i say think out of your quran.

again i say jesus is lord , muhammad is a usurper and is therefore false.
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by LagosShia: 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2011
frosbel:

you are quite a funny character.

the bible is corrupt only when it suits you right ?

but then you hypocritically attempt to use the same corrupted scripture to affirm the credentials of your false prophet ,right ?

can you not logically see the confusion and chaos of your own statements.

please think out of the box or should i say think out of your quran.

again i say jesus is lord , muhammad is a usurper and is therefore false.

we have the Holy Quran which guides us into all truth.so dont fall into confusion and crack your head much how we get to know what in the bible is acceptable and what is rejectable and what we ignore and are indifferent towards.

you should pity yourselves who have a book that tells us about itself that it is corrupt and you still doubt that and still claim to believe in the bible and tag it with "infalliable and divinely inspired word of God" title.you have no yard stick to use to separate truth from falsehood in it.

you're sorry!
Re: Was Mary Both The Mother Of Jesus And The Sister Of Aaron? by wordtalk(m): 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
LagosShia:

in Islam,seeking forgiveness first of all is out of humility.secondly the word that is used to mean forgiveness is "istighfar".the word "istigfar" means also "seeking protection through nearness to Allah (swt)".likewise,as Jesus (aS) taught his disciples "forgive us our tresspasses" Muhammad (sa) also taught us "istighfar".

Whatever it may mean for you, the reference was to Muhammad's sin, not a question of seeking protection through any "nearness".

I am also still wondering how Jesus (as) is the "son of David".

The explanation has been given already.

in arabic language,any human being can be refered to as "bani Adam" or "son of Adam".that is figurative and the arabic language have many ways of expressions that are purely figurative.does that mean my father is Adam?so please dont teach us arabic that you dont know.i know arabic more than you do,and i can beat my chest and boast of that.just shut-up.using many usernames,does not hide your ignorance Mr."frosbel"!

The expression "bani Adam" is not the issue. Mary is called the "sister", not the "bani", of Aaron. All I asked is for you guys to show me where the Quran explained how Mary was the "sister" of Aaron. Your personal opinion does not make an impression if the Quran has no explanation for what it says.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photograph Of Pastors Adeboye,tunde Bakare And Kumuyi Forty Years Ago / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland / Catholic Priest Gerald Njoku In Imo State Sends Old Man To Jail In A Bid To Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.