Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? (8361 Views)

What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry / What Food Or Pill Will I Take To Have Big bubs/butt. / What Type Of Food Or Drink Is The Most Popular In Your Home Town. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2007
Cigarette butts
Pins
Insects
Matchsticks
Have you ever?
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by lilvonz(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2007
spider
hair
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2007
maggots in my banga soup-----alive and mobile---one of my visits to Naija!!!!!  Yuck!!!!! shocked  Thanks to PHCN!!!!!! angry

Bloody housegirls  angry tried to exterminate my arse!!!!! angry -------sorry I cook for myself since then angry  not even water from their hands will I drink------low lives-----na God go punish them!!!!!! angry
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by bolorunfem(f): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2007
Houseflies.
Maggots (at a party, the fish had probably been fried days before the event. The fished looked dry and nice outside but come and seen the bouncing maggots! Though I'd not eaten any part of the meat, yet I couldn't help throwing up on the spot, it was disgusting shocked sad
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2007
bolorunfem:

Houseflies.
Maggots (at a party, the fish had probably been fried days before the event. The fished looked dry and nice outside but come and seen the bouncing maggots! Though I'd not eaten any part of the meat, yet I couldn't help throwing up on the spot, it was disgusting shocked sad

Yes!!!---------Maggots----I just throw way the bloody food.  My brothers just flick the things out and continued to eat!!!! cheesy  Those men--all 4 of them are still alive and well!!!! Nothing do them at all!!!! Gosh!!!! angry Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Naija!!!! shocked PHCN no go kill me oh!!!

Anytime I come back from Nigeria with my suitcase of "dried" fish---Me and Oyinbo people go dey dig am out.  Maggot all over the suitcase in my snails and dried fish ooooooooooh!!!! cheesy

The good news is that the Oyinbo people are tired of seeing Nigerian maggots, since I am not the only one with the problem.  They just take a few samples and go behind one area and compare to the samples of Maggots they have under the microscope.  Then they release all my snails, fish and bushmeat to me with my maggots and tell me to "enjoy my protein"!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin grin Stupid people!!! grin

When I get home I re-wash and re-spice then re-bake the salvageables in the oven then straight to the freezer for later consumption!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Maggots are the most common thing found in foods in Nigeria. Unfortunately when you warm up the damn food all become ingridients. tongue All dey black and green!!! Can't tell what is what!!! Kai!!!! I tell you ehn!!!!  Oh God!!!!  Thank the Lord for strong immunities!!!

4 Likes

Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by minute(f): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2007
strands of hair.
beetle
tiny nail shell.
stone.
shaft
matchstick
larva
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2007
minute:

strands of hair.
beetle
tiny nail shell.
stone.
shaft
matchstick
larva

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Eh hennnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

More baby maggots and baby flies!!!! Na wa for maggot oh!!!!! grin
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2007
Who dey edit ma post I definitely did not type creepy-crawlie in my last post. Baba!!!! Take time oh!!! angry

M--------ts na foul language undecided
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by minute(f): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2007
but i actually drank some of it because she went out of her way to get it for me.was at my greatgrandma's
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by bolorunfem(f): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2007
babylove, Omo, u go don robust o, what with those proteinous creatures. U sound used to them. A beg, dem no dey kill, na so-fo fresh, fresh u go dey look ( wink. When are u coming again make I keep some for u? grin grin
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2007
bolorunfem:

babylove, Omo, u go don robust o, what with those proteinous creatures. You sound used to them. A beg, them no dey kill, na so-fo fresh, fresh u go dey look ( wink. When are u coming again make I keep some for u? grin grin

I "year" you!!!  No thanks oh!  I do not want that type of protein oh!  The most disgusting site in the world!!!! How some vermin carrying poop around no dey kill shocked These suckers were fat---don lay all kinds of eggs for the soup---and you expect me to eat am? Sorry My brothers did that and I am still wondering if na the same parents born us!

Settle down to eat ma banga and starch and what did I see-----my soup was moving!!!! shocked  God forbid!!!!! angry

I appreciate your much heart felt love!!!  You eat them maky you robust!!!! grin Infact I will save mine for you since you like it so much!!!

1 Like

Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by bolorunfem(f): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2007
Your brothrs must be veeeeeeeeeeeery wise and adventurous. I think I like them. They must have been used to eating ewa onikokoro in their hostel days. (That was on a light note).

But anyone who eats buka foods in Naija must have eaten orisirisi junks o, varying from those almighty maggots to flies and all what nots. If you meet some of them at the pepper grinder's place and u see the combination of what they want to grind as pepper, you'll almost faint. Some of them buy esa ata ati tomato (rotten pepper & tomatoes) cos they are cheaper and never ever take the pain to sort out dirt from them.Come and see the kind of water the grinder uses to wash the already contaminated combination. Na eyesore! In fact it's God that saves us in Naija o. The mama put will now add plenty of Vedan/Ajilomoto to boost the taste. Come and see how customers will be licking their mouth. Not all bukatarias do this o, some of them are clean and have conscience but for many others, , I bow!

2 Likes

Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by BABEELOVE(f): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2007
bolorunfem:

Your brothers must be veeeeeeeeeeeery wise and adventurous. I think I like them. They must have been used to eating ewa onikokoro in their hostel days. (That was on a light note).

But anyone who eats buka foods in Naija must have[b] eaten orisirisi junks o,[/b] varying from those almighty maggots to flies and all what nots. If you meet some of them at the pepper grinder's place and u see the combination of what they want to grind as pepper, you'll almost faint. Some of them buy esa ata ati tomato (rotten pepper & tomatoes) because they are cheaper and never ever take the pain to sort out dirt from them.Come and see the kind of water the grinder uses to wash the already contaminated combination. Na eyesore!

In fact it's God that saves us in Naija o. The mama put will now add plenty of Vedan/Ajilomoto to boost the taste. Come and see how customers will be licking their mouth. Not all bukatarias do this o, some of them are clean and have conscience but for many others, , I bow!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin  I beg no make me laff!  Those bothers of mine are really Federal Government College Quality----- Real-Kings College Material!---[/b]They spent all their lives in boarding houses in Nigeria so are used to that "maggotry" life style.  Besides, a hungry man will eat anything!  Real first class thugs ma brothers---why you think say a be "agbero"--- keeping them in check was not easy at all!  Thank God for immunities oh!  Trusssssssssssssst me, [b]you no go like them! shocked  I say thank God for strong immunities. cheesy

That is why I a cook for myself from now on----no house girl or houseboy crap!  I rarely eat out when I am in Nigeria.  At least here--in America, you can get some money for food poisoning---if you survive oh-----In Nigeria--prepare go meet your maker.  I used to love "Ghana High" food oh!---I no go lie you for that one ----especiallly from that "fat" woman that sits on the "drum of meats and kpomo"--- tongue embarassed tongue embarassed embarassed embarassed But I will never try it again---kai! embarassed
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:37am On Sep 21, 2007
hAVE FOUND HAIR, FLIES AND STONE angry angry
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by Ndipe(m): 3:48am On Sep 21, 2007
A dead fly in my soup. this was years back in boarding house.

1 Like

Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by bolorunfem(f): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2007
Babeelove, Hi.
A beg na which one be 'GhanaHigh food'? Is it sold in Lagos? I've never heard of it. Pls tell me about it. Am salivating , kiss
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by minto(m): 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2007
'Igbe eku'. If you don't understand ma language i'm sorry I can't help you. grin grin grin
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by afrodixie: 5:03am On Sep 23, 2007
bolorunfem:

Babeelove, Hi.
A beg na which one be 'GhanaHigh food'? Is it sold in Lagos? I've never heard of it. Please tell me about it. Am salivating , kiss

bolorufem---Ghana High is the Nickname of the "bukateria" by Ghana High Commission in Lagos---you cannot miss it.  One of the best "cheap" foods in town!!!  They cook on the spot and you can see everything that is going on there.  Enjoy! kiss They have all kinds of food there---pretty delicious--but like I said "at your own risk"!!!! cheesy
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:02am On Sep 23, 2007
Ok, this was back then in boarding school, found a dead cockroach in my beans, i was glad i did not eat it, till i left the school i never ate the school kitchen beans again.
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by Sweetaura1(f): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2007
Hair,

Roaches,

Rubber band,

Lots of maggots in sherry (agbalumo, this is one of my best fruits),

I always inspect what I eat & drink and NEVER eat in the dark. I guess we all 've to be very cautious in cooking & eating.
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by mekoyo(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2007
Hair brands
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by Coleslove: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2007
Hair strands
Butterfly in my Eggs (an eatry)
Iron filings in Gari (a friend)
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by LanreDaMan(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2007
Hair strands, Beetles, Maggots, Leaves, Stones

Spyrogyra, Leeches and Tadpoles in Drinking water (Early days of Satchet water)
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by Fimmy(m): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2007
a small gecko
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by DoubleN(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2007
Men believe it or not, i was eating some stockfish when i stumbled upon a fishing hook!how disgusting!
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by IdeyVex1(m): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2007
My dear, I found lizard head in my beans while I was in boarding school. On further enquiries, I realized that the lizard actually fell from the tree underneath which the women were cooking and because they could not remove it, it served as protein. Well, I was hungry so I generally munched the lizard head. Delicious I must tell you.
But I can't try it now.
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by fakande(m): 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2007
I was enjoying bush meat pepper soup when I crunched on something metallic. Turned out to be pellets from the gun that was used to kill the poor animal. Needless to say I had to visit my dentist the next day, grin grin grin
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by Coleslove: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2007
LanreDaMan:

Spyrogyra, Leeches and Tadpoles in Drinking water (Early days of Satchet water)
Exagerated i guess? All these couldn't have been sealed in the satchet water bro.
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by suprted(m): 3:39am On Sep 24, 2007
in JS1 after exams me and this guy used to buy ghana bread from this mallam outside our school. one day the guy was eating his share when he screamed, there was a fishbone in the bread, a big ass one. never ate that bread again.
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by afrodixie: 4:54am On Sep 24, 2007
Good God! Na God dey save person! cry
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2007
TigerHead Battery in Fanta
Re: Strangest Objects You've Ever Found In Your Food Or Drink? by damoche07(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2007
Cockroach.yes,a brown cockcroach.

Twas terrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Your Favorite Type Of Bush Meat? / Moin Moin- Made Easy / Must Read! Amazing Benefits Of Sesame Seed(beni Seed) Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.