Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,160 members, 7,856,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War (2304 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / The Legendary Dick Tiger Granting Interview In Biafran Military Fatigue. / Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by riversboy: 3:33am On Aug 23, 2011
This makes for an interesting read.  Your thought?

http://diasforum.com/forum/general/briton-submits-petition-to-apologise-for-britains-role-in-biafran-war/#p5

Content below:

Created by:Fergus Dodd
Responsible department: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
After a campaign of murder and persecution against the Igbo people in Nigeria, the state of Biafra attempted to secede from Nigeria. The Government of the United Kingdom provided diplomatic support and was the largest supplier of arms to the Nigerian Government during the Biafran war. Over a million people, mainly Igbos, died during this terrible and unnecessary war. The present day British Government should apologise to the Igbo people for their complicity in the deaths of so many innocent people.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by Nobody: 3:36am On Aug 23, 2011
This is like AA asking for a "sorry" letter from their white slave masters.

This is just beyond pathetic.

So when will the Igbo ppl apologize for their role in the Biafran war, for the lives of non-igbo Nigerians they killed?
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by seanet02: 3:40am On Aug 23, 2011
Delusional and pathetic ibos
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by maga1: 3:52am On Aug 23, 2011
I tink say na true oh. I want say igbos don hit jackpot cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by kettykin: 4:09am On Aug 23, 2011
do they really appologies ?

One wonders if the forces that backed nigeria backed biafra what the outcome of the war would have been it would have taken biafran forces less than 6 months to overturn nigeria.

I think what biafrans want is in the event of a future war in nigeria the major powers should either remain neutral or sell their weapons to any side that wants to buy without partiality.

Not today you are supplying weapons to the government as was the case with nigeria / biafra and tomorrow you are supplying weapons to rebels as was the case with libya /libyanrebels
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by chika98: 4:11am On Aug 23, 2011
And the tribalists are alive and well. Pathetic all of you lot
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by ezeagu(m): 4:23am On Aug 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This is like AA asking for a "sorry" letter from their white slave masters.

This is just beyond pathetic.

So when will the Igbo ppl apologize for their role in the Biafran war, for the lives of non-igbo Nigerians they killed?

Go and look for something to do that's better with your time, like reducing mental illness in your state. You have mouth for the wrong things. You think we don't know you're a novice in Nigerian affairs?

seanet02:

Mumuish and irrelevant internet gangster.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by htajz: 4:29am On Aug 23, 2011
And we wonder why shell can do what ever they like and get away with it, why they boast of having influence on nigerian government,they have everything to gaina as long as we keep fighting ourselves,apologising is no big deal for them they go even send una miilions of pounds join cus they know it will end up in the pocket of politicians while they will be given more oil blocks and control of the economy
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by odogwux(m): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2011
seanet02:

You're a badly flawed and obviously irrelevant person. it shows
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by hakanai(m): 10:31am On Aug 23, 2011
shall we move along !!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
Pathetic bunch

haka_nai:

shall we move along !!!!  cool cool cool cool cool cool

Lets.

How are you today? Marvelous? Oh good.  grin
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by victorazy(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2011
Apology will never bring the dead back to live.
Igbos did what they did because they are the most vibrant ppl who can really stand for their needs
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by Rgp92: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2011
FFS, Igbo are not the first to lose a war. All this Biafran warrior should just shut their month up and move on. Germany lost 2 wars, you wont her them crying, same goes to Japan who got nuke twice. Please, Biafran warrior shut up, you guys ain't don't something good for the world.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by cantell(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2011
Rgp92:

FFS, Igbo are not the first to lose a war. All this Biafran warrior should just shut their month up and move on. Germany lost 2 wars, you wont her them crying, same goes to Japan who got nuke twice. Please, Biafran warrior shut up, you guys ain't don't something good for the world.
You need to take some English lessons.
Your grammar is horrible.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by velo10: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
when are u all ever going to realise that the West backs only those who are in their own interst. They could have simply remained neutral but they backed the Nigerian govt, cos they just probably cudnt stand one of their colonies being divided. i'm not Igbo, but I agree with d poster's view.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by NegroNtns(m): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
Its just a proposal asking for an apology, doesn't mean there will be one.

If there's one I don't see Britain supporting the bogus claims made by Ibos with the numbers and account of the events.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by Rgp92: 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
cantell:

You need to take some English lessons.
Your grammar is horrible.

Fvck you slowpoke. This is internet, grammar don't matter as long as people understand what you're saying. plus English is not my first nor my second language.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by OmoLisabi(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
Rgp92:

Fvck you slowpoke. This is internet, grammar don't matter as long as people understand what you're saying. plus English is not my first nor second language.
[size=20pt]Gbam!!!![/size]
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by cantell(m): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
Rgp92:

Fvck you slowpoke. This is internet, grammar don't matter as long as people understand what you're saying. plus English is not my first nor my second language.
Cargo! Internet is not meant for mofos like you! Do yourself a favour and take some lessons.
You really need it.
OmoLisabi:

[size=20pt]Gbam!!!![/size]
Another follow follow.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by Rgp92: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2011
cantell:

Cargo! Internet is not meant for mofos like you! Do yourself a favour and take some lessons.
You really need it.Another follow follow.

No no, internet is not for idiots like you. Get the fvck off the Internet if you got nothing good to contribute.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
Ibos should stop counting their losses and move on.Just because ojuku was not hanged for crimes against humanity and war crimes doesn't mean ibos should be spewing rubbish here.modafokas
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by T8ksy(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2011
Ibos should stop counting their losses and move on.Just because ojuku was not hanged for crimes against humanity and war crimes doesn't mean ibos should be spewing rubbish here.modafokas

GBOSA !!!

I think what biafrans want is in the event of a future war in nigeria the major powers should either remain neutral or sell their weapons to any side that wants to buy without partiality.

Just listen to this joker!

So you igbos are hoping for another war?

Yet, you are the ones calling for more political clout in other people's region.

You see why no-one wants anything to do with you guys?

You are just da.mn too slippery for comfort.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by rumuapara: 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
cantell:

You really need it.Another follow follow.

Seriously, Rgp92: You do need some grammar lessons. I mean, English is not my first language either but you really take the cake when it comes to bad grammar.

Hey Rpg92: there is actually a "spell check" function BEFORE you submit. Yes, right there at the bottom right, next to the "Preview" button.  It might  help cover some of the shame of your unclothedness.

Then this person - OmoLisabi: Classic example of a monosyllabic buffoon.

These guys make it quite exhausting,

What is wrong with any group asking for an apology and even compensation?  Is it not a civilized way to go about things? 

When MEND was bombing, people like our "learned friends" were complaining. 

By the way, our "learned friends" miss the point. The petition was submitted by an OYINBO man, not an Ibo man.

If some folks sabi book, dem for don see am.  I beg ,
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by cantell(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
rumuapara:

Seriously, Rgp92: You do need some grammar lessons. I mean, English is not my first language either but you really take the cake when it comes to bad grammar.

Hey Rpg92: there is actually a "spell check" function BEFORE you submit. Yes, right there at the bottom right, next to the "Preview" button.  It might  help cover some of the shame of your unclothedness.

Then this person - OmoLisabi: Classic example of a monosyllabic buffoon.

These guys make it quite exhausting,

What is wrong with any group asking for an apology and even compensation?  Is it not a civilized way to go about things? 

When MEND was bombing, people like our "learned friends" were complaining. 

By the way, our "learned friends" miss the point. The petition was submitted by an OYINBO man, not an Ibo man.

If some folks sabi book, dem for don see am.  I beg ,
@bolded part.
Bros, i wan $hit for my boxers!
Laugh wan kill me die!
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by ChinenyeN(m): 1:19am On Aug 24, 2011
With all these posts I've just read. . . I'm still looking for where it said that Igbo people and Biafran warriors submitted the petition. undecided
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by ChinenyeN(m): 1:21am On Aug 24, 2011
That aside, I don't see the point of the apology. We're too far gone to get an apology. If Britain wants to show signs of remorse and apology, then Briton should play the role of an independent third party and sponsor of the dissolution of Nigeria. It's that simple.
Re: Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War by austin2002: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2011
The cockroaches from the northern Nigeria are actually nigerians no doubt.The Biafrans do not belong to Nigeria.These cockroaches immigrated to Nigeria from desert  world and occupied the place now called Nigeria .Wonder why they do not care about the country called Nigeria. Yes the british government have been paving the way for them since independence.I wonder what these cockroaches and the british government will do when the oil from the Biafra runs out.These cockroaches breath terrorist all over Nigeria.They have terrorist camps all over the northern Nigeria. They have terror groups from saudi arabia,syria,in fact other cockroaches from middle east except Israel training these cockroaches in the northern Nigeria. These cockroaches from the north do not believe in educations,civil life,discipline of course cockroaches do not have control.Wonder why one of them wanted to bomb airplane in the USA? Nigeria have been ruled by most under-educated cockroaches from the north since the independence and you go figure where the country is standing now.

(1) (Reply)

2015: Igbo Should Wait For Jonathan – Ben Obi / Appeal To Seun To Review Ngbakwe's Removal / Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.