Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,016 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? (8389 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Why Do Men Take Advantage Of Advanced Single Ladies? / Is My Dad Taking Advantage Of Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by emmatok(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
Why are people saying age is not an issue?

Age is an issue in the any relationship, and your wife knows it, that is why she is brought-up the house-help joke.

If you are not married to her you probably be calling her Aunty , and be answering with MA.

For her to tell you to vacate your room for her sister is totally wrong'

I bet she won't do the-same your own family.

In these situation, you need to be bold and confident when talking to her.

If you don't like her actions tell her to her face.
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by kandiikane(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ op,You are the husband, you better wear your pants before she starts wearing it for you.

Whether she is 20 years older than you or not as the husband you should be able to put your wife in her place if she does something you do not approve of. Show her who wears the trousers in that house. Btw, it is a two bedroom house you should not have  left your marital bed for no one. Noone should sleep on your marital bed whether family member or friend. That is why you should always have a spare bed/sponge.

I wish I was a man sef, some women need serious disciplining. .
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by kandiikane(m): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2011
In my country you never enter the marital room. .There is always a room(the room of the married people in the house) you never enter unless you are given permission.
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by Gluckdude(m): 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2011
i don't usually comment, but this one is very annoying. if GEJ should come visiting my house, na guess room he go sleep, if he no like am, make he go book hotel.
young man, abi na old man, first i think she has turn to your sugar mummy. and by the way, how did you marry someone 7 years older than you, there is more to this, later self na you go dey drive, she go dey owners corner,
YOU HYPER MUMU
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by kabukabu(m): 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
kandiikane:

@ op,You are the husband, you better wear your pants before she starts wearing it for you.

Whether she is 20 years older than you or not as the husband you should be able to put your wife in her place if she does something you do not approve of. Show her who wears the trousers in that house. Btw, it is a two bedroom house you should not have  left your marital bed for no one. Noone should sleep on your marital bed whether family member or friend. That is why you should always have a spare bed/sponge.

I wish I was a man sef, some women need serious disciplining. .

Your profile has you as a "male", unless you're a tranny  grin grin
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by johnkent(m): 12:03am On Aug 25, 2011
Age is not the issue here. Your wife made the house girl comment which i know a lot of nigerian women say all the time. The main issue here is why she made ya move out of your room so she could have her sister have a much comfortable stay with u guys.  I dont think she did it because she was trying to boss you around, but because she just tried to be nice to her sister for the few days she was gonna be with you guys.

Dude, You know if your wife loves you or not. This little issues shouldn't be an issue. if you had a problem with moving to the other room, why didn't u talk to her about it??
Don't let people on here tell you stupid and crazy stuff. Small age difference like yours has nothing to do with the outcome of a marriage.
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by kabukabu(m): 12:04am On Aug 25, 2011
emmatok:

Why are people saying age is not an issue?

Age is an issue in the any relationship, and your wife knows it, that is why she is brought-up the house-help joke.

If you are not married to her you probably be calling her Aunty , and be answering with MA.

For her to tell you to vacate your room for her sister is totally wrong'

I bet she won't do the-same your own family.

In these situation, you need to be bold and confident when talking to her.

If you don't like her actions tell her to her face

age is not the issue here, this guy is just a timid antisocial dweeb who obviously doesn't know his way around women in general probably has not had a lot of women in his life so he has a huge inferiority comple towards her.

He has zero balls so his wife dominates him, period, not because she is just "7" years older than him!!!!!I have put many an older woman in their place, he probably is weak in all aspects. grin grin
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by johnkent(m): 12:07am On Aug 25, 2011
I don't know how things work in Nigeria but U give the best to you guest for the few days that they are there just to make them as comfortable as possible. could they have bought a bed for the guest room so she could stay in there? absolutely, but they didn't.
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by kandiikane(m): 12:12am On Aug 25, 2011
kabukabu:

Your profile has you as a "male", unless you're a tranny  grin grin
I will be a tranny if you want me to be tongue
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by kabukabu50(m): 1:24am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

I will be a tranny if you want me to be tongue

Well if this is what you are then so be it grin grin grin grin

Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by kandiikane(m): 2:27am On Aug 25, 2011
I look better than that. .In fact, if you want you can say I am too womanly for a tranny grin

If you want me to be I can go Ann summers and buy a strap on cool
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by N101: 3:16am On Aug 25, 2011
malik sr

Age isn't the issue here, but you need to deal with your insecurities about it.

It seems to me that you are living in the house like a visitor and your wife is the landlord. If you share the utilities you should also share opinions. It isn't easy - either for a man or woman - to move into someone else's home. It's obvious you and your wife interact but don't talk about what really matters, otherwise the kind of situations like her sister's visit will come up again and you will once again act like she's "taking advantage of you".
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by Sagewood: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2011
None issue. Nairaland should stop displaying topics like this on the front page.
If you can't handle minor issues like the above, then the major ones will lead to mega problems.
Communicate with her for God's sake and stop acting like a child.
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by Danyl(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2011
@poster, your wife is taking you for granted in some ways cos even if her sister d professor is coming she should have informed you long before that even if you are both going to sleep on the ground when she arrives, three days to the event is just too short. and for the fact that you both moved into her apartment when you get married that is another mistake on your part you should just try and communicate with her that you should both find an a rented apartment and you will be responsible for that so you can maintain your manhood,and if she doesn't agree then think about it cos this may go on for the rest of your living days on earth with her, cos their is a time when a matured adult doesnt change for anything it doesn't matter the amount of effort you put into it except if christ appear to her in her dreams or a supernatural encounter happens here.this is my advice what has been done has already been done its the solution you need not how people feel about your condition
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by wazobiang: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
the painful part is that he said the other woman, the wife's sister, is a professor of medicine. as if that is a property for consideration in a condescending situation.
I am a professor of 'self' and self is the biggest institution i can think of now. everybody should just lie in the gutters while i sleep on a bed made of roses.
Re: Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? by airzzee(m): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2011
Mine is, IF THE REVERSE HAD BEEN THE CASE NOW, everyone would have said, "KILL THE MAN, KILL THE MAN!" Talking about a husband bringing his brother/friend to sleep on the much hyped "THE MATRIMONIAL BED."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem / Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist / Feminist Group Breaks Male Toilets As A Sign Of Male Chauvinism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.