Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? (11656 Views)

What's Your Honest Opinion About Beating Kids Like This ? / My Opinion About The Viral "Calm Down" Video, What Is Yours? / Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by BigBashiru: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2022
Dearlord:
That was the best practice that should never be abolished

I agree - it made marriage more organized...marriage today na hit and miss...

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by integrity16(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2022
UKusedBoyfriend:
Its becoming obsolete

Meanwhile,
There's a platform where you could earn at least 500 naira daily. It isn't much but like they say, half bread is better than none.

500 *30= 15000 at least you can use it for data subscription or other miscellaneous expensesi

If you are interested, quote this with your email address.

tosy2k2002@gmail.com
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by legba1(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2022
This practice was only good for our parents.....back then, there was no enlightenment about rights, nothing like mind liberation, no social media to socialize,no exposure, patriarchal stand point is law, once father conceive it, all parties fall in line. Also girl child is a
4th class citizen after her mother because baba come first,followed by SON and mama.

Present day situation,even mama go argue am with popsy and the matter go die a natural death, in elitist home ooh. Some clans/tribes still practice it sha.

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Dearlord(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2022
BigBashiru:

I agree - it made marriage more organized...marriage today na hit and miss...

Exactly!
Finding a partner is like a gamble, no insurance of peace, time wasting and a lots of garbage ladies in circulation

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Marcofranz(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2022
Betrothal is demonic undecided likewise parents who try to live their lives through their wards. Choose the type of friends they keep , the type of clothes they wear.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by BetterChurch: 11:09am On Nov 10, 2022
It's fine If the decision is made willing by both families without reasonable objection from the individuals involved.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Bomaye7(m): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2022
Imagine a girl was betrothed to you at her early age, she grow up to be an ugly girl without nyash �����

5 Likes

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Yankee101: 11:11am On Nov 10, 2022
Those marriages last much longer than today’s flower love
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by obedience4(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2022
Those days are Long gone,
Thank God for Christianity..

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by obedience4(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2022
Bomaye7:
Imagine a girl was betrothed to you at her early age, she grow up to be an ugly girl without nyash �����

There is more to life than ass,
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Bomaye7(m): 11:31am On Nov 10, 2022
obedience4:

There is more to life than ass,
go and marry an ugly girl without nyash

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by obedience4(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2022
Bomaye7:
go and marry an ugly girl without nyash

She ain't ugly but doesn't have them Kim ass,
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2022
fasho01:
It's becoming obsolete

Not true people still do it in Nigeria, especially our super pastors, they sell of their daughters to the most wealthiest church members.
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by paradiseadams: 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
UKusedBoyfriend:
Its becoming obsolete

Meanwhile,
There's a platform where you could earn at least 500 naira daily. It isn't much but like they say, half bread is better than none.

500 *30= 15000 at least you can use it for data subscription or other miscellaneous expenses

omonegladys11@gmail.com
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Acesexcell(m): 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
UKusedBoyfriend:
Its becoming obsolete

Meanwhile,

500 *30= 15000 at least you can use it for data subscription or other miscellaneous expenses jibrinmusa2019@gmail.com

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Greenfaces: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
I think its[/color] good[color=#000000]
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by RichAbujaGuy: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
fasho01:
It's becoming obsolete

Thread! smiley
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by FireUpNow(m): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
Changing cultures and belief is a very difficult thing.
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Gospel2Day: 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
Mindlog:

You can't stop time, people are evolving. wink

Evolving into madness.
Do you know that judges are complaining about the high rates of divorces that come before them annually?
Keep evolving, you hear, into more sexual promiscuity, banging as many as 50 to 200 girls before you eventually marry one that has been banged by some 300 guys.
May I not experience such evil evolution.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by lalalista: 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
I think it's the best. I should have been married by now if I were bethroted
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by meobizy(f): 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
The world is changing. This will disappear if it can’t keep up with time.
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Bomaye7(m): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
obedience4:

She ain't ugly but doesn't have them Kim ass,
was she betrothed to you?
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by VULCAN(m): 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
It's rubbish to you but of interest to me.

Just like some things are rubbish to me but of interest to you

GoooodHardDick:
Why exactly is this rubbish on FP? angry

Which mod move this thing Come frontpage?
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by bhassan20: 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
[quote author=Acesexcell post=118275192][/quote]

bakre5812@gmail.com
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by bhassan20: 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
[quote author=UKusedBoyfriend post=118273112] It's becoming obsolete

Meanwhile,
There's a platform where you could earn at least 500 nairas daily. It isn't much but as they say, half-bread is better than none.

500 *30= 15000 at least you can use it for data subscription or other miscellaneous expenses

bakre5812@gmail.com
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Bobbiee: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
That's just bondage. If the woman is hot and young and you guys hit it off then yeah. If she's shriveled and old, then NO. same applies if I were born a woman.

Most people today take marriage as the ultimate reward for a man/woman giving them attention. Gone are the days when marriage was strictly business. Although, the sluts of today simply get the best of both. Hence young fresh out of university hens marrying old balding aristos.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Heroicvic(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
UKusedBoyfriend:
Its becoming obsolete

Meanwhile,

vjoseph43210@gmail.com
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by akindele254: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
hmmhmm...
Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by merits(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Haynnie:
Hello Nlanders,

There’s this issue that has been going on in my mind for a while now. Is concerning families who prepare their son/daughter for marriage at a young age before they are legally joined together at later age.
This practice has been on for ages in some part of the world even in Africa, Nigeria it is still carried out but it is commonly observed in royal families and people from socioeconomic countries.

*My question is what is your opinion about being betrothed in this modern world?
*Is there any real bond between couples that are betrothed?
*What are the chances that the marriage will work?
*Is there any valid reason behind betrothal marriage?
How this take concerned you now? The people that are involved complain to you abi how?

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Techm8: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
People should be left to find their path.
Buena is the face of Oraimo. This is huge!

Re: What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? by Haynnie: 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
merits:

How this take concerned you now? The people that are involved complain to you abi how?

I have a friend whom got betrothed since she was little soon she will be getting married

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For All Faithful Husbands. :) / Attacked By Father- In -law For Catching My Wife Having An Affair. / Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.