Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing (24939 Views)

How Soludo, Peter Obi, Ifeanyi Ubah, Ekwunife Shaped Anambra Politics In 2023 / Soludo: Peter Obi Knows That He Can’t And Won’t Win / Soludo Debunks Claims That Peter Obi’s $20M Investment in Anambra Is Worth $100M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by iwaeda: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskhjFAt3eI

Governor of Anambra state, Professor Chukwuma Soludo has said alleged investment of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, in Anambra state government is worth next to thing.

Soludo made this assertion in an interview with Channels TV’s Politics Today on Thursday.

When asked his perspective on government investing outside the public sector with reference to Obi as former governor in Anambra, Soludo simply said, “I don’t know about the investment.”

“Our interview is about the 2023 budget. I’m not talking about investments of any of my predecessors. By the way the one that you talked about I don’t know about that. I think there was something I read about somebody speculating about whatever investment. With what I’ve seen today, the value of those investments is worth next to nothing. So, let’s leave that aside,” he added.

Meanwhile, Soludo said more than 5,000 in the state will get their employment letter in few days.

He said, “We are handing out employment letter to more than 5, 000 teachers to end an era of schools without teachers.

“We are gloing to have 240 plus doctors and consultants to man our general hospitals, so if you look at the five fingers approach of our programmes we designed our budget to keep our eyes on the ball,” Soludo added.

Recall that no fewer than 6,000 out of 31,000 applicants who participated in the online recruitment examination for teachers in Anambra state scaled through.

Soludo had ordered for employment of both primary and secondary school teachers in the state school system barely two months after assumption of office to beef up teacher/students ratio in the state.

The state Commissioner for information, Mr Paul Nwosu said following the recent teachers’ Computer Based Test(CBT), a total of 6,250 candidates were shortlisted for oral interview for the teaching jobs across the state.

According to him, 3,250 would be deployed to primary schools, while 3,000 would be for secondary schools, adding that the oral interviews had been scheduled to commence on the 27th of July, 2022 and would last for two weeks,.

Nwosu said, “The interviews, which will come in batches, will hold at Igwebuike Grammar School Awka; St John of God Secondary School, Awka and Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board( ASUBEB) Awka.”

Meanwhile, following the controversy that trailed the first online CBT, Soludo ordered for its cancellation and directed that it should be repeated, with the state government bearing the cost incurred by the applicants

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/peter-obis-alleged-investment-in-anambra-govt-worths-nothing-soludo/

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by ImperialYoruba: 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
Please post link. I want to start commenting sharp sharp. Obi is dull.

136 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by LILTJAY: 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
OBIora is a liar and fool. grin grin
he won't use his two eyes to see aso rock, talk more of inhaling the oxygen there, talk more of now becoming president. grin grin
OBIora will only rule biafra because he is not fit to rule Nigeria. tongue

cc: shortIGBOman cheesy cheesy

142 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Righthussle: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
Na for this bear market you want the investment to worth something.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Roger3D(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2022
I think Governor Soludo has his priorities right

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
Please post link. I want to start commenting sharp sharp. Obi is dull.

We don't care what Soludo says because he's in opposition party and can say whatsoever he likes.

Let another party take over Lagos lets see if Thifnubu will not be arrested.

226 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
smiley
This is OBI'S handover report, let Soludo come and debunk it. It is in the public.

171 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
LILTJAY:
Seun
Mynd44
nlfpmod

take to fp

Who do we blame Peter Obi or APC government that Nigeria stock market nose diving since they came into power

Under Peter Obi administration he attracted SABMiller, Orient Petroleum, Orenge drugs, Tiger Food, Stine rice, Innoson vehicle manufacturing, Eastern Distilleries, Tummy Tummy noodles and so many others these companies pay the biggest tax to Anambra State Government also employed thousands of Nigerians

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Majesty2(m): 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
Soludo don finish OBIngo.....

106 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by successmatters(m): 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ok now
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by successmatters(m): 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
post=118287676:

Who do we blame Peter Obi or APC government that Nigeria stock market nose diving since they came into power

Don't mind them

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Peacemaker5129(f): 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
It shall never be well with Peter Pandora Obituary iseeeeeeeeee

48 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
LOl

No sane or sensible person take Obi serious

Not even the mad man at upper iweaka who happened to be his special adviser

Obi is utilizing this electioneering period to cash out from his gullible online miscreants. After the election he will definitely elope into thin air

58 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by festacman(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enthroning a new political order is good but the truth is that infrastructure wise, Peter Obi failed Anambra State people. Saving money for a State that was in dire needs of infrastructure was dumb to say the least. The throwback tweets of some of current Peter Obi supporters from Anambra State who bitterly critized Peter Obi at that time for his failings were the reflection of the truth.

But in the spirit of "onuru ube nwanne agba n'oso", we move.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
LILTJAY:
Seun
Mynd44
nlfpmod

take to fp

You blame APC government for frustrating investors in Nigeria with their bad policies, Anambra still control shares in Intafact, the company pays the highest tax to Anambra State Government till tomorrow

Obi’s administration invested the sum of N1,955,535,247.00 (an equivalent of approximately $12,616,356.43 at the then average CBN exchange rate of N155.00/$1) in Intafact Beverages Limited, a green-field brewery set up in Onitsha by SABMiller Breweries of South Africa, Anambra state government still holds 407,321,264 ordinary shares of International Breweries Plc in exchange for the Intafact Beverages Limited investment.
Based on the NGX closing price of N5.50 as of these shares were valued at N2,240,266,952 on that date,” the statement reads in part.
Based on the Central Bank of Nigeria I&E exchange rate of N415.75/US$1.00 on same June 20, 2022, this investment was valued at an equivalent of approximately US$5,388,495.37 (and at N604/$1.00 parallel market rate, only US$3,709,051.24).

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by LILTJAY: 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
post=118287676:

shutup and getat

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
Peacemaker5129:
It shall never be well with Peter Pandora Obituary iseeeeeeeeee
Amen

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by LegendHero(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
PointZerom:
smiley
This is OBI'S handover report, let Soludo come and debunk it. It is in the public.

Soludo destroyed Obi in that interview. That is the same thing we always say on Nairaland here, why will you save money when your people are dying of hunger and need good road?

Obiano came and spent everything while Soludo already borrowed 100billion. What is the advantage of Obi saving that money to Anambra people?

To now crown it, Soludo claimed Obi investment then is worth Next to Nothing!

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
Mynd44
dominique
Seun
lalasticlala
OAM4J
farano
Mukina2

Front page biko

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Akurakambe(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
Peter Obi is the people's choice. There's nothing Urchins and useless politicians can do about it.

Soludo is pained and jealous of Peter Obi rising profile.

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by AdamuKD: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
Soludo is very envious of Obi

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by ALTERNATEID: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2022
Soludo don scatter the table. He really messed up Peter Obi in that interview.

God bless Gov. Soludo for saying what exactly we’ve been saying about Peter Obi for so long on this forum that his supporters have been insulting and cursing us for. Governor Soludo simply broke the table tonight. He finished Peter Obi completely. We need more courageous leaders like Soludo who can speak the truth no matter how inconvenient it is.

I’m waiting for the resident Obi supporters to come and accuse Soludo of ethnic and religious bigotry? This thing they call truth ehn, it can’t be hidden forever. Peter Obi is a well packaged fraud. He’s crooked, greedy and selfish. He must never be allowed anywhere near Aso Rock.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by LibertyRep: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
Soludo should match break, na express him dey go so.

Them go soon drag am like a faulty tiger gen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Majesty2(m): 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
Akurakambe:
Peter Obi is the Beerfraud Pigs' people's choice. There's nothing Urchins and useless politicians can do about it.

Soludo is pained and jealous of Peter Obi rising profile.
fixed

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Ofemannnu: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
iwaeda:
Governor of Anambra state, Professor Chukwuma Soludo has said alleged investment of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, in Anambra state government is worth next to thing.

Soludo made this assertion in an interview with Channels TV’s Politics Today on Thursday.

When asked his perspective on government investing outside the public sector with reference to Obi as former governor in Anambra, Soludo simply said, “I don’t know about the investment.”

“Our interview is about the 2023 budget. I’m not talking about investments of any of my predecessors. By the way the one that you talked about I don’t know about that. I think there was something I read about somebody speculating about whatever investment. With what I’ve seen today, the value of those investments is worth next to nothing. So, let’s leave that aside,” he added.

Meanwhile, Soludo said more than 5,000 in the state will get their employment letter in few days.

He said, “We are handing out employment letter to more than 5, 000 teachers to end an era of schools without teachers.

“We are gloing to have 240 plus doctors and consultants to man our general hospitals, so if you look at the five fingers approach of our programmes we designed our budget to keep our eyes on the ball,” Soludo added.

Recall that no fewer than 6,000 out of 31,000 applicants who participated in the online recruitment examination for teachers in Anambra state scaled through.

Soludo had ordered for employment of both primary and secondary school teachers in the state school system barely two months after assumption of office to beef up teacher/students ratio in the state.

The state Commissioner for information, Mr Paul Nwosu said following the recent teachers’ Computer Based Test(CBT), a total of 6,250 candidates were shortlisted for oral interview for the teaching jobs across the state.

According to him, 3,250 would be deployed to primary schools, while 3,000 would be for secondary schools, adding that the oral interviews had been scheduled to commence on the 27th of July, 2022 and would last for two weeks,.

Nwosu said, “The interviews, which will come in batches, will hold at Igwebuike Grammar School Awka; St John of God Secondary School, Awka and Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board( ASUBEB) Awka.”

Meanwhile, following the controversy that trailed the first online CBT, Soludo ordered for its cancellation and directed that it should be repeated, with the state government bearing the cost incurred by the applicants

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/peter-obis-alleged-investment-in-anambra-govt-worths-nothing-soludo/
. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
LegendHero:

Soludo destroyed Obi in that interview. That is the same thing we always say on Nairaland here, why will you save money when your people are dying of hunger and need good road?

Obiano came and spent everything while Soludo already borrowed 100billion. What is the advantage of Obi saving that money to Anambra people?

To now crown it, Soludo claimed Obi investment then is worth Next to Nothing!

At least Soludo didn't say Obi did not invest. So if the investment didn't appreciate blame government policies and not Obi.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
Majesty2:
Soludo don finish OBIngo.....

See the finished man here. No thanks to hard drugs.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by ImperialYoruba: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2022
iwaeda:

Soludo was a Central Bank and a Professor of Economics, so he is woke in the area of money and investments. If Soludo says Obi's investments are worthless, he is being nice.

Obi's investments are audio investments.

He bought fire trucks. When Obiano came in the fire trucks were not functional. Old and obsolete equipments. So Obiano upgraded them. Few days ago there was fire in Onitsha and the fire truck malfunctioned. Was this one of the old obsolete inventory from Obi, or an upgrade?

Meanwhile, we should give credit to Obi for his vision with alcohol consumption. He made sure Anambra never lacked beer, till this day.

Anytime Obi say he invested or left money, refer him to this revelation by Soludo.

Obi is Nigerian version of British John Bull. A lad sent to school by his parents, after many years, his peers had advanced in academics but John was still incompetent, could not spell his name, much more solve an arithmetical problem. Infact, Obi with his pixie voice sound like John Bull.

Bloody dullard.

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Soludo was a Central Bank and a Professor of Economics, so he is woke in the area of money and investments. If Soludo says Obi's investments are worthless, he is being nice.

Obi's investments are audio investments.

He bought fire trucks. When Obiano came in the fire trucks were not functional. Old and obsolete equipments. So Obiano upgraded them. Few days ago there was fire in Onitsha and the fire truck malfunctioned. Was this one of the old obsolete inventory from Obi, or an upgrade?

Meanwhile, we should give credit to Obi for his vision with alcohol consumption. He made sure Anambra never lacked beer, till this day.

Anytime Obi say he invested or left money, refer him to this revelation by Soludo.

Obi is Nigerian version of British John Bull. A lad sent to school by his parents, after many years, his peers had advanced in academics but John was still incompetent, could not spell his name, much more solve an arithmetical problem. Infact, Obi with his pixie voice sound like John Bull.

Bloody dullard.

I will advice you to import more handkerchief before dollar hit 1k, because you will need it come 2023. Thifnubu will never rule Nigeria.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by OkutaNla: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
Smh. E don cast, last last, Iro ti baye PitObi je.

31 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Organised Labour Shut Down National Assembly / Buhari Receives N45m Presidential Forms (Photos) / 100 Days In Office: Governor Wike Lists His Achievements (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.