Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? (847 Views)

Should I Take This Deal...? I Need Advice Please / Gateman Crashes His Boss' New Car While Trying To Drive - Pictures / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by someanondude42: 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2022
Hi there,

The other day, someone tried to crypto scam me on Telegram. Happens a lot, but this time I wrote back. We went back and forth for a while talking about the scam. Eventually, I let him know that I wasn't going to fall for his scam, but I could help him if he was willing to work for it.

I made him a business proposal: if he goes out into the streets and performs community service for 2 hours, I'd send him $100 in BTC.

At first, he didn't believe me. But, a few hours later, he messaged me back saying he was willing to take my deal. The next day, he sent me several videos of him attempting to do community service (the videos were a bit confusing, to be honest, without context). I sent the $100.

After this, he started messaging me from his "real" account, at least it had his real name on the account instead of some American girl. He confessed that he really was a scammer (he never admitted it before), and was basically an indentured slave. He told me that he lives at his boss' house, his boss gets all the money they scam from people, and at the end of his contract he'll get a small % of the total.

I started asking him what he really wanted to do for work that was gainful and respectable- he said he wanted to open up a small clothing store. That he could import the clothes from another province, and sell them for profit with a small store-front shop in his city.
We went through all the details - he says he needs $1,500 to start up his business, have a place to live, food etc, for the first month until he gets revenue at his business.

I agreed that I would help him earn the $1,500 he needs to start his business by working for me. I offered to pay him $20 per hour that he performs community service in the street. He has to send me video proof every day of the good deeds he's done and I will send the money.
My only concern here is that I really hope he takes the money he earned and uses it to start a business.

My question for all of you- does his story sound legit? Is indentured servitude common for crypto scammer rings? Is it really possible this person wants a different life? Would selling clothes from his own shop really earn him more money than scamming would?

Deep down, I hope this is all true and this person wants the help. I think using $1,500 to help someone start their own business and become an entrepreneur is probably the best use of the money I could think of.

Thanks for your time.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Namdeenero(m): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2022
The truth is once his head is wired around scam then it’ll be difficult for him to stop. $1500 is a whole lot of money, I’m almost very sure he’ll go back to scam and call you a maga. Why not send him half the amount and see how he spends it

3 Likes

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by advanceDNA: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
Funny.....
Normal ... when u decode a scammer's code... he will reformat u.....whats funny is that u are the one formating urself by telling him to do community service he's not really doing but getting paid.....then u made matters worse by telling a scammer u will give him 1500$ after a pathetic slave story....

As in.....does it give u great joy to be scammed cos i dont undertsand how u knew u were about to be scammed and still fell into the loop by urself

3 Likes

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Afolashade01(f): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
someanondude42:
Hi there,

The other day, someone tried to crypto scam me on Telegram. Happens a lot, but this time I wrote back. We went back and forth for a while talking about the scam. Eventually, I let him know that I wasn't going to fall for his scam, but I could help him if he was willing to work for it.

I made him a business proposal: if he goes out into the streets and performs community service for 2 hours, I'd send him $100 in BTC.

At first, he didn't believe me. But, a few hours later, he messaged me back saying he was willing to take my deal. The next day, he sent me several videos of him attempting to do community service (the videos were a bit confusing, to be honest, without context). I sent the $100.

After this, he started messaging me from his "real" account, at least it had his real name on the account instead of some American girl. He confessed that he really was a scammer (he never admitted it before), and was basically an indentured slave. He told me that he lives at his boss' house, his boss gets all the money they scam from people, and at the end of his contract he'll get a small % of the total.

I started asking him what he really wanted to do for work that was gainful and respectable- he said he wanted to open up a small clothing store. That he could import the clothes from another province, and sell them for profit with a small store-front shop in his city.
We went through all the details - he says he needs $1,500 to start up his business, have a place to live, food etc, for the first month until he gets revenue at his business.

I agreed that I would help him earn the $1,500 he needs to start his business by working for me. I offered to pay him $20 per hour that he performs community service in the street. He has to send me video proof every day of the good deeds he's done and I will send the money.
My only concern here is that I really hope he takes the money he earned and uses it to start a business.

My question for all of you- does his story sound legit? Is indentured servitude common for crypto scammer rings? Is it really possible this person wants a different life? Would selling clothes from his own shop really earn him more money than scamming would?

Deep down, I hope this is all true and this person wants the help. I think using $1,500 to help someone start their own business and become an entrepreneur is probably the best use of the money I could think of.

Thanks for your time.

Sir please. I need a job. I'm a single mother. Check my profile
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by someanondude42: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
Namdeenero:
The truth is once his head is wired around scam then it’ll be difficult for him to stop. $1500 is a whole lot of money, I’m almost very sure he’ll go back to scam and call you a maga. Why not send him half the amount and see how he spends it

Hi Namdeenero,

I won't be sending the money all at once, of course. He will get paid daily after sending video proof of the work he's done and sending proof that he's buying inventory for his business, renting the shop, etc.

I understand that it is very difficult for them to stop once they've tasted easy money. I'm purposefully making the money I am willing to give him "hard" to earn. He would actually have to go outside, talk to his neighbors, and offer to help them.

My goal by the end of this is to "re-wire" his head. I hope he can see that he can earn more money through legitimate means than through scamming. If that's even possible.

Do you happen to know anything about the indentured servitude (basically slaves) in the crypto scamming rings? Is that real? Or is he likely lying?

1 Like

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Weirdcamila: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
Not everyone wants to be a scammer , I wish he changes.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by someanondude42: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2022
advanceDNA:
Funny.....
Normal ... when u decode a scammer's code... he will reformat u.....whats funny is that u are the one formating urself by telling him to do community service he's not really doing but getting paid.....then u made matters worse by telling a scammer u will give him 1500$ after a pathetic slave story....

As in.....does it give u great joy to be scammed cos i dont undertsand how u knew u were about to be scammed and still fell into the loop by urself

He did send me several videos of him picking up trash outside, sweeping things, carrying heavy bags for a lady who was carrying a small child. The videos were all of the same person, same general area, same time of day.

You think it's 100% chance he's still scamming me, eh?

1 Like

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by someanondude42: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Not everyone wants to be a scammer , I wish he changes.

I pray for this to be true in this case. I believe there is good in everyone, even scammers. Even though the chances are slim.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Weirdcamila: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
someanondude42:

I pray for this to be true in this case. I believe there is good in everyone, even scammers. Even though the chances are slim.

If you have relatives in Nigeria, push for a meet up with him. Then set someone to supervise/monitor him.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by someanondude42: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
Weirdcamila:

If you have relatives in Nigeria, push for a meet up with him. Then set someone to supervise/monitor him.

I do not, unfortunately. That would be a good idea, though.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Berrityga: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2022
Hope your family have eaten??
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by doggedfighter(f): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2022
someanondude42:

I want to do community service too.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Berrityga: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2022
doggedfighter:

I want to do community service too.
which state do you live?? 20k per night..
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Namdeenero(m): 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2022
Berrityga:
which state do you live?? 20k per night..
grin cheesy goat
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Namdeenero(m): 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
someanondude42:

Yeah consider this. Get someone here who you can trust to supervise
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by NozinoGroup: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
Account created today? Guys be careful of this guy.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Klass99(f): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by culf: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2022
Some people are into scam because of conditions of things though that's not an excuse.

using his real name and stuffs means he will most likely change. A lot of guys doing legit hussle today don't get their capital through legit way.

help him if you want to and have a clear conscience

1 Like

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Klass99(f): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2022
angry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by SaintSmart50(m): 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
someanondude42:

I would help you monitor him sir.
I need that work!
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by SaintSmart50(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2022
Klass99:
Two years ago I watched a documentary on Al-Jazeera about a syndicate that scams people across the globe, it was titled The Phillipines Queen of Extortion.

What they do sounds similar to what your crypto scammer described, but please do not be deceived by his claims that the boss takes a lion share leaving him with peanuts. The Phillipines queen compensated her boys well and even threw end of year Christmas parties with lavish gifts and rewards for successful scammers who brought in the highest amount of money.

What's my point? Syndicate bosses know to compensate their people well, so they don't go running to the authorities with info that can shut down operations and put them behind bars. Your crypto scammer is lying and full of BS, if he's serious about a new life let him start to rebuild his life by getting an honest job that pays a wage.

Scammers/419ners are an insanely greedy set of people, lured by their slothful desire for quick and easy cash. They don't care what sort of destruction they leave in their wake so long as they get that money, some people were so distraught to the point of ending their lives in the queen's case referenced above but it didn't stop her and her boys from continuing their evil. What makes you think crypto guy will stop because of your $1,500?

Please can you find someone else with a track record of decency, integrity and a legit hustling spirit to invest in? While I appreciate the concepts of mercy, compassion and forgiveness, I equally like reaping what you sow, consequences for actions and justice. These yahoo boys have caused us far too much as a nation, a friend recently lost a job of $25 per hour because she's a Nigerian living in Nigeria.

Shut up pls!
I don't support Crime, but I know what my boys down here goes through.
Nobody would want to scam anybody, but hunger.

I was in a Barbers shop, and I heard what two teenagers were saying, how that food has become a mountain for them. "Even to eat them no see!" and immediately they changed the topic to Yahoo business. The other one was saying he has a "Client". I turned to look at the one that was talking, but he was just a boy of twelve that should be in school. Hunger is bad!
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by SaintSmart50(m): 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
Klass99:
Two years ago I watched a documentary on Al-Jazeera about a syndicate that scams people across the globe, it was titled The Phillipines Queen of Extortion.

What they do sounds similar to what your crypto scammer described, but please do not be deceived by his claims that the boss takes a lion share leaving him with peanuts. The Phillipines queen compensated her boys well and even threw end of year Christmas parties with lavish gifts and rewards for successful scammers who brought in the highest amount of money.

What's my point? Syndicate bosses know to compensate their people well, so they don't go running to the authorities with info that can shut down operations and put them behind bars. Your crypto scammer is lying and full of BS, if he's serious about a new life let him start to rebuild his life by getting an honest job that pays a wage.

Scammers/419ners are an insanely greedy set of people, lured by their slothful desire for quick and easy cash. They don't care what sort of destruction they leave in their wake so long as they get that money, some people were so distraught to the point of ending their lives in the queen's case referenced above but it didn't stop her and her boys from continuing their evil. What makes you think crypto guy will stop because of your $1,500?

Please can you find someone else with a track record of decency, integrity and a legit hustling spirit to invest in? While I appreciate the concepts of mercy, compassion and forgiveness, I equally like reaping what you sow, consequences for actions and justice. These yahoo boys have caused us far too much as a nation, a friend recently lost a job of $25 per hour because she's a Nigerian living in Nigeria.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by SaintSmart50(m): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
Namdeenero:
Yeah consider this. Get someone here who you can trust to supervise

Contact me on 08081826344.
I will do the supervising sir!
Pls yours humbly mr. Smart.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by dollytino4real(f): 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2022
419 dey hard to drop compare to okpo work o! But good get reward so do good by giving him and send ur guys to monitor himvfrom far
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by aieromon(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2022
someanondude42:

Just like that? lipsrsealed undecided
Don't you have relatives or close acquaintances to help?

someanondude42:

You think it's 100% chance he's still scamming me, eh?

100% he scams you or 100% you are looking for gullible people to scam with your lamba.

1 Like

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by akwesenana: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2022
It's either someanondude42 is trying to scam or trying to get scammed. cool

4 Likes

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2022
Nairalanders what can you teach someone for free to start making money online?
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by NozinoGroup: 7:44am On Nov 13, 2022
akwesenana:
It's either someanondude42 is trying to scam or trying to get scammed. cool

Most likely looking for gullible people to scam.

1 Like

Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by Shagbatshagba: 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
someanondude42:
Hi there,

Thanks for your time.

pls sir can u help me with 2k
i beg u sir
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by clockwisereport: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
advanceDNA:
Funny.....

OP is a typical definition of money miss road. Leave am make he dey waste his money on top scammers. The scammer go dey laugh am obe side dey call am maga
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by clockwisereport: 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
someanondude42:

Give the money to a motherless babies' home around you. Stop giving your money to a scammer. Thay guy dey laugh you one corner. To him, you are a maga. All those your community service are staged.
Re: I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? by clockwisereport: 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
aieromon:

100% he scams you or 100% you are looking for gullible people to scam with your lamba.

Blind man no dey answer Anene. You are right.

aieromon:

Just like that? lipsrsealed undecided
Don't you have relatives or close acquaintances to help?

Person way his name na Rufus suppose get roof over his head. He no get relations/friends/ indigent people around him na to throw such amount of money away on top one low budget scammer. He wants to help a scammer knowing fully well that the guy is a scammer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Naija In Scotland? / Advanced Chemical Eng. With Info Tech. And Managemnt Or Enviromental Geochemisty / M.I.S.E. Test Format - Very Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.