Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm (30648 Views)

Ronaldo's Interview: We Have Initiated Appropriate Steps - Man Utd / Ronaldo's Interview: Man United Will React After Facts Have Been Established / Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by chokekachy: 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2022
Raphael Varane has admitted that Cristiano Ronaldo’s explosive interview has “affected” the Manchester United squad.

Ronaldo accused United chiefs of “betrayal” and “disrespect” during an unsanctioned interview with TV presenter Piers Morgan in which he also criticised head coach Erik ten Hag.

While United are considering their response, Ronaldo and his team-mates have headed to Qatar to join their respective international sides for the World Cup.

The Portugal international has insisted his “total and absolute” focus is now on the tournament, but France defender Varane said Ronaldo’s comments had impacted his club colleagues.

“Obviously it affects us,” Varane, speaking to Europe1, said when asked about Ronaldo’s interview.

“We follow what is happening and what is being said. What is happening in the media in the big clubs is gaining momentum.”

Varane admitted that his team-mates were determined to stay “calm” and would remain as a “collective”.

“We try to calm the situation in our own way, we try not to get too involved in it,” he added.

“When it’s a star like Cristiano Ronaldo, even more, so we try to take it with distance; that is to say that we do not try to change the situation alone, we are part of a collective.”

https://theathletic.com/3903167/2022/11/16/raphael-varane-cristiano-ronaldo/?source=twitteruk

3 Likes

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by pode(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2022
Nothing to be afraid of, no be the same mama burn una

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Joebayo217: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
pode:
Nothing to be afraid of, no be the same mama burn una
d thing don affect the squad morale Ronaldo should not return back to Manchester after world cup

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by culf: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2022
United will come out stronger!
For Rinaldo, I wish him well in his future endeavours!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2022
Lol...unserious squad

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by IslamIsIdiotic: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
cool
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by IslamIsIdiotic: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
Please, I was told a new political party was created in Nigeria yesterday called PD APC.

Where can I get membership form?

cool

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by HeadNigga: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
Ronaldo is the biggest star football has seen. So it is normal for what he does to affect other players

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by davidtemi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
O n pe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by floss(m): 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2022
Lol....pikin wey say in mama no go sleep, himself no go sleep...

Allow Ronaldo to go when he wanted to leave Manchester United, wetin una do ?

Una tie am down, block am from leaving, the mumu coach worsened the whole thing by saying Ronaldo dey him plan for the season, yet na bench you dey play am...Ronaldo big pass United,na why he walks out on the team, coach, management fans etc every now and then .....

Ronaldo plays better under a legendary coach, not just an amateur waiting for any opportunity to shine under his wings like the current Manchester United coach...

Allow Ronaldo to leave Manchester United, stop signing mediocre and call them players and coach...

If Manchester United wants to get good players they should take tutoring from City's Coach on how his scouts gets players....I don't think any Manchester United player can comfortably see a first team shirt under Guadiola ....that's to tell you why Ronaldo is underperforming....

You want to see the best of Ronaldo ?
Pair him with City players .
That was exactly what he enjoyed under Zidane while in Madrid.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by ecolime(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
Which morale?

Na CR7 be una Papa?

Make una free the man abeg. Man U. should release him from his contract. Let him go.

nony43:
I wonder what will become of him after World Cup.
He's got wonderful years ahead of him. Modelling, businesses, etc. Forgot bro, that guy is made for life. He doesn't need football money again.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by nony43(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
I wonder what will become of him after World Cup.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by rapheal5(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by petertega9(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
but ronaldo said the truth na. just dat he did it in a disrespectful manner

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Gadalo1990: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
D thing no fit affect you like d hunga wey dey Affect me now. zomebody zave my life wit anyting at all! 2228510916 UBA
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Ifabernard(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
Good for them
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by AbuAeesha: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
from my point of view,ronaldo didn't lie.
but he shouldn't have expressed his anger in public.
no system is perfect.
and i respect the coach's decision "no player is bigger than the club"

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Locoxcobajrn: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
Like for man united share for Ronaldo cheesy

18 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by donforeign: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2022
The squad was already dead..make una shut up abeg

2 Likes

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by pyyxxaro: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2022
Christy
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by kolarov93(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2022
Yeye team.

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by westfield: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2022
In other words they will say Ronaldo caused them the league ���

2 Likes

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by judedwriter(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2022
That he's still earning 500k a week at his age and form is what surprises me!

Is this why he doesn't want to quit football?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by faithfull18(f): 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2022
Here to test how fast my network is.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by gulfer: 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2022
Not the best exit for the guy, he really ffed up and should have been more guided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by JoeNL22(m): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2022
Oga Ronald we love not to hate you, but please, we beg u with Mercy don't use your bad energy against Omoluabi Obi. He needs positive vibes only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by kennyz247(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
Ronaldo the truth Sayer..
whether u guys like it or no Ronaldo want the best for man United

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul Ince Blasts Ronaldo: You Are A Selfish Player, We Saw It At Juventus / Harrison Set To Break World Record By Riding A Bike With Ball On His Head / Africa Gets 9 Slots For Expanded 48-team 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.