Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm (30657 Views)

Ronaldo's Interview: We Have Initiated Appropriate Steps - Man Utd / Ronaldo's Interview: Man United Will React After Facts Have Been Established / Stay Calm, Pochettino Tells Players After 7-2 Champions League Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by mytime24(f): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Please, I was told a new political party was created in Nigeria yesterday called PD APC.

Where can I get membership form?

cool
grin

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by SunMusk(m): 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2022
That is not the issue the Madrid president didn't like him a bit, bcs he was not the one that signed him, Bale new contract was more than Ronaldo money, juventus there was no issues, the only problem is thy feel with Ronaldo there should win the champion league, but if you watch the match that Lyon knock them out, u will say Ronaldo have passion for the game, even until the end of the game. Go and watch that match. My brother told me he was not respected in Madrid that is why he leaves, but I feel he should not have leave Madrid. Though there is one point in the interview that he said the coach didn't believe his daughter is sick. If that is true then that is were the relationship break down. I
candygist:

Ronaldo always ends up having issues with every club he joins. Remember is last days at Madrid ? He had issues with the president of Madrid and thata was why is contract was not renewed. Same thing happened in Juventus. If you are to be objective. Ronaldo needs to humble himself. Football does not revolve around him.

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by SPAMBOX7: 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2022
Anybody wey no like ororo their daddy

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by kingmsookwagh(m): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2022
How the heck did Ronaldo go for an interview that has to do with the underpinnings surrounding the club without the club's permission??

That's too disrespectful.

I'm a Ronaldo fan but will inspite him once he starts failing like BUHARI..

2 Likes

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Discountsempai: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2022
Father time has caught up with Ronaldo...and with his friend Messi.

After this year...the show would be over.

Was fun while it lasted.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by snoopz: 5:31pm On Nov 16, 2022
Varane can't support united openly because of his respect to Ronaldo and he can't support òróró because of contract with united

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
floss:
Lol....pikin wey say in mama no go sleep, himself no go sleep...

Allow Ronaldo to go when he wanted to leave Manchester United, wetin una do ?

Una tie am down, block am from leaving, the mumu coach worsened the whole thing by saying Ronaldo dey him plan for the season, yet na bench you dey play am...Ronaldo big pass United,na why he walks out on the team, coach, management fans etc every now and then .....

Ronaldo plays better under a legendary coach, not just an amateur waiting for any opportunity to shine under his wings like the current Manchester United coach...

Allow Ronaldo to leave Manchester United, stop signing mediocre and call them players and coach...

If Manchester United wants to get good players they should take tutoring from City's Coach on how his scouts gets players....I don't think any Manchester United player can comfortably see a first team shirt under Guadiola ....that's to tell you why Ronaldo is underperforming....

You want to see the best of Ronaldo ?
Pair him with City players .
That was exactly what he enjoyed under Zidane while in Madrid.
But Zidane was an amateur coach when he took over Madrid. He took over from Benitez a legendary coach who wasn't getting on well with Ronaldo
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2022
betshopagent:
Ororo finished work where he said " ragnick is not a coach and also that Ole does not know how to motivate his players". Ronaldo also mentioned a particular match where b4 its kicked-off, Ole played his dying minute winner against Bayern in 99 and the team lost 5nil after such poor motivation. Ronaldo too talk but his words are not false. But I like d wahala at theatre of nightmares grin
Seems only Ronaldo knows how to coach then. When is he taking up appointment
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by tunapawizzy: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2022
Manchester United be behaving like a small club.....WHy keep a player that doesn't want to stay in the first place...........u keep an unhappy player, a very big one whose image can disrupt unity and peace in the team........
Big teams either sell unhappy players to where they want or banish them from first team. That's how u send a strong message to the players that the club is bigger than you.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Mike008(m): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2022
It's a total loss for Ronaldo. This does not justify his current predicament of being a finished article.
I like Eric Ten Hag's approach and doggedness in putting Ronaldo where he belongs. He has been considerate in fact, after openly declaring he wants to play in a champions league team, he deserved to be on the bench for that.
With an attitude like that, nobody will want him on a team.
From GOAT to goat.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by floss(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

But Zidane was an amateur coach when he took over Madrid. He took over from Benitez a legendary coach who wasn't getting on well with Ronaldo

Zidane was a legend both as a player and a coach....Zidane met a balanced Real Madrid team....
It was easy for him to make an impact.

My point is Zidane understood what it means to be a legend....he never made Ronaldo feel less a player in Real Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
Only Sir Alex can interfere and help Man u on this, Alex can play as a agreement liason btw d coach and Ronaldo, there are certain things that shouldn't be negotiable
1. That Ronaldo must be a regular player and an integral part of the team
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2022
Only Sir Alex can interfere and help Man u on this, Alex can play as a agreement liason btw d coach and Ronaldo, there are certain things that shouldn't be negotiable
Ronaldo is definitely to leave man u, but before then,

1. That Ronaldo must be a regular player and an integral part of the team
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2022
floss:

Zidane was a legend both as a player and a coach....Zidane met a balanced Real Madrid team....
It was easy for him to make an impact.

My point is Zidane understood what it means to be a legend....he never made Ronaldo feel less a player in Real Madrid.
Zidane was not a legendary coach when he took over at Real. He was a rookie.
What about Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo?
I guess they don't know how to make Ronaldo feel special at Juve
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by mayor1814: 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2022
Man utd never tried to keep him. No UCL club or any big club was willing to buy him. Athletico Madrid denied him, napoli denied him, even some club fans wrote petitions they don't want him. So how is dat the coach fault.

Ronaldo only cares about his personal glory than team glory. George Best was not bigger than man utd, Giggs , Bobby Charlton, Cantona, Scholes etc were not bigger than man utd. So Ronaldo has no right to talk trash about man utd. After all, Bobby Charlton was a world cup winner. Ronaldo isn't.

Ppl should just stay close to him because he is sinking gradually. depression is real. His situation is pathetic and pitiful right now. heard he also fought someone in Portugal training too.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by uthlaw: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2022
HeadNigga:
Ronaldo is the biggest star football has seen. So it is normal for what he does to affect other players
for person may de bench...saying rubbish in an interview make him biggest star again...penaldo fans just de find excuse to credit there pendu!
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2022
Joebayo217:
d thing don affect the squad morale Ronaldo should not return back to Manchester after world cup

Manchester like excuses eh! Shey January dey come, Ronaldo would leave. Just watch how they shift blame to another player.

You can't be serious having Magiure, Fred & Rashford in ur team.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Belleful: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2022
Varane the flop they find excuses to hold onto. How did what Ronaldo said effect you players?
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Tegabadguy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2022
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Bigchristo: 6:50pm On Nov 16, 2022
chokekachy:

https://theathletic.com/3903167/2022/11/16/raphael-varane-cristiano-ronaldo/?source=twitteruk
Ronaldo has just made up his mind of leaving Manchester United as him travel to Qatar Otilo, if him come back na sorry be him name na Man U fielders him go follow train till he commot for the team he can’t be so arrogant to the football team that made him who he is right now and also paying him, not a single loyalty when talking down on the club, I wish him well
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Skmoda360(m): 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2022
ecolime:
Which morale?

Na CR7 be una Papa?

Make una free the man abeg. Man U. should release him from his contract. Let him go.

He's got wonderful years ahead of him. Modelling, businesses, etc. Forgot bro, that guy is made for life. He doesn't need football money again.
Even acting.... Paramount picture, Marvel and co go definitely try it out with him.

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Cde1: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
How
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by floss(m): 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Zidane was not a legendary coach when he took over at Real. He was a rookie.
What about Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo?
I guess they don't know how to make Ronaldo feel special at Juve

Here's my point, Ole won't treat Ronaldo d way dis current coach treated him....when I say Zidane being a legend, I meant as a player, so he knows the ego, pride and power that comes with being a legendary player...so he never made any Madrid player feel less a player not even Ronaldo ...even after making a record for himself as a legendary coach....
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2022
floss:

Here's my point, Ole won't treat Ronaldo d way dis current coach treated him....when I say Zidane being a legend, I meant as a player, so he knows the ego, pride and power that comes with being a legendary player...so he never made any Madrid player feel less a player not even Ronaldo ...even after making a record for himself as a legendary coach....
There's the Zidane style and there's the Mourinho style. Both have been successful. So I don't know why you think a player of Ronaldo's stature needs to be pampered before he can give his best. He's been paid by the club to do his best. He is not being paid to be pampered
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Christane: 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2022
floss:
Lol....pikin wey say in mama no go sleep, himself no go sleep...

Allow Ronaldo to go when he wanted to leave Manchester United, wetin una do ?

Una tie am down, block am from leaving, the mumu coach worsened the whole thing by saying Ronaldo dey him plan for the season, yet na bench you dey play am...Ronaldo big pass United,na why he walks out on the team, coach, management fans etc every now and then .....

Ronaldo plays better under a legendary coach, not just an amateur waiting for any opportunity to shine under his wings like the current Manchester United coach...

Allow Ronaldo to leave Manchester United, stop signing mediocre and call them players and coach...

If Manchester United wants to get good players they should take tutoring from City's Coach on how his scouts gets players....I don't think any Manchester United player can comfortably see a first team shirt under Guadiola ....that's to tell you why Ronaldo is underperforming....

You want to see the best of Ronaldo ?
Pair him with City players .
That was exactly what he enjoyed under Zidane while in Madrid.
I don't normally quote people...but dis your comment provoke me to quote u ...my brother u just spoke my mind about Ronaldo...

Ronaldo is playing with amateurs and they want to see d best in him ... but Ronaldo made a mistake by choosing man u over city ...

how wish Ronaldo have gone to city with those compact midfielders like Dr Bruyne... maybe by now Ronaldo would have won is six Ballon dor ...

it pains me so much how people criticized Ronaldo...some re even saying his finished dat he should retire ...but I know for sure Dat CR7 will shine in dis world cup .. so d world will know dat man united is the problem and not Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Gunayo(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Please, I was told a new political party was created in Nigeria yesterday called PD APC.

Where can I get membership form?

cool
I hear say Na one drug baron be the leader of the party Ooooh. Bro reason am Wella before you become member so that you don't become demented.

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by floss(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

There's the Zidane style and there's the Mourinho style. Both have been successful. So I don't know why you think a player of Ronaldo's stature needs to be pampered before he can give his best. He's been paid by the club to do his best. He is not being paid to be pampered

Ronaldo never asked United to pamper him, he is surrounded by mediocre players, football is a different kind of sport that requires everyone's efforts, and not just Ronaldo's effort...football can be likened to a production company where there's division of labour....as a manager of a bakery, you were handed unskilled staff, no experienced baker, no experienced mixer....you as the manager is the only experience in that unit, and the company experts a top notch result from you every time....and when you complain about staff, they give you a very high price tag mediocre in the name of a staff that doesn't fit into your production unit....tell me how you will be able to be delivering on a daily basis....

Manchester United's problem lies in the management of Manchester United....they should take example from City....stop playing sentimental football, only 3 players deserve to be managed currently in Manchester United....the rest should look for a club.
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2022
floss:

Ronaldo never asked United to pamper him, he is surrounded by mediocre players, football is a different kind of sport that requires everyone's efforts, and not just Ronaldo's effort...football can be likened to a production company where there's division of labour....as a manager of a bakery, you were handed unskilled staff, no experienced baker, no experienced mixer....you as the manager is the only experience in that unit, and the company experts a top notch result from you every time....and when you complain about staff, they give you a very high price tag mediocre in the name of a staff that doesn't fit into your production unit....tell me how you will be able to be delivering on a daily basis....

Manchester United's problem lies in the management of Manchester United....they should take example from City....stop playing sentimental football, only 3 players deserve to be managed currently in Manchester United....the rest should look for a club.
Lol. Mediocre players who came second in the league, played the rotis Europa league final and were unbeaten away for a full season.

I thought Ronaldo can play with 11 woods. I'm surprised he needs good players to shine all of a sudden. Messi won La liga with a very below average Barca team. Ronaldo should have improved the team by going up a step higher than they were before he came instead of taking them four steps down.

1 Like

Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Scarletjr(m): 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2022
This Ronaldo self nor dey calm down him own too much
Re: Varane: Ronaldo's Interview Has Affected The Squad, But We Will Try To Stay Calm by Damifaj7(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
Am Man united fans, seriously I appreciate and love what the GOAT Ronaldo said in this interview. Our Olodo coach should be expecting his sack letter after the season when he found The Team @ 10th position with those Mumu he called players. Like for Ronaldo shares Ten Haag

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shocking As Fans Fight Each Other In Argentina Copa America Match(Photos) / O’hara Blasts Simeone: You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself / AFCON: Aliou Cisse Hospitalized After Cameroon Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.