Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,911 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin (2395 Views)

Why Must Jesus die For Anyone's Sin? / The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

If I remember clearly, the Book of Isaiah has 66 Chapters. I would rather take the message as a whole rather than make a Religion out or one or two verses from the book.

Jesus according to the Christian creed was never a Servant of God rather God Himself or the Son of God. So why are you applying a prophecy that mentioned a SERVANT? Do you thing that is logical? I think not.

And you don't have to mention Jesus for I know that is where you are going!

Besides, "wounding" someone is not akin to killing them. And I am sure that Isaiah knows the difference.

So, the servant in Isaiah could not have been Jesus. And if you say he is Immanuel, then I ask you to show me in the New Testament where Jesus was called as such just once or where it was alluded to that fact.

I did ask you to make religion out of anything buy just a simple question?
@bolded
Isaiah didn't say he was only wounded but was cut off from the living, he made his grave with the rich his soul was made and offering for sin

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

A simple question you have being dribbling, dodging, and avoiding the issue.
You still have not answered the question who is this servant?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

Educate yourself

https://aish.com/isaiah_53_the_suffering_servant/

https://aish.com/jeremiah-31-and-the-new-covenant/
None of them addressed the issue, Israel has never bear the sin of others neither is Israel without violence in fact the suffering that Israel passed through is because of their sins.

Isaiah 40:2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins.

Note Israel suffering is because of her sins but the suffering servant suffered and died because of the sins of others.
Therefore it is clear that Israel is not the suffering servant.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:
I did ask you to make religion out of anything buy just a simple question?
@bolded
Isaiah didn't say he was only wounded but was cut off from the living, he made his grave with the rich his soul was made and offering for sin

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

A simple question you have being dribbling, dodging, and avoiding the issue.
You still have not answered the question who is this servant?

Which prison was Jesus taken to and from. Was he ever in any Prison? Please show me from the Bible.

Saying Jesus was a SERVANT of God is not a Christian Creed nah. He is God Himself or if you like, the Son!

Applying this prophecy to him is deceit of the highest order. You should know that. How can one person be God, Son of God and still Servant of God? Haba.

You see the confusion I highlighted above are man made. God is not the author of confusion but rather Men. Men with their Agenda muddied up everything and leave you clutching straws.

I know Jesus is so many things to you guys, to some he is God Himself, to some he is the son. I have never seen where he is said to be God's Servant.

So, bros no be Jesus that verse is talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by AntiChristian: 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:
Where is it written in the Koran that book of Isaiah is corrupted?

No! Torah is mentioned in the Qu'ran likewise Injeel and Zaboor!

Show us where the book of Isaiah is mentioned?

Torah was revealed to Moses!

Show us where Jesus called himself a servant of God?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Which prison was Jesus taken to and from. Was he ever in any Prison? Please show me from the Bible.

Saying Jesus was a SERVANT of God is not a Christian Creed nah. He is God Himself or if you like, the Son!

Applying this prophecy to him is deceit of the highest order. You should know that. How can one person be God, Son of God and still Servant of God? Haba.

You see the confusion I highlighted above are man made. God is not the author of confusion but rather Men. Men with their Agenda muddied up everything and leave you clutching straws.

I know Jesus is so many things to you guys, to some he is God Himself, to some he is the son. I have never seen where he is said to be God's Servant.

So, bros no be Jesus that verse is talking about.
Yes was actually imprisoned, it has being discovered that at the high priest house there is a form of prison where he uses for trials.

Know this today Jesus was God's servant.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

No! Torah is mentioned in the Qu'ran likewise Injeel and Zaboor!

Show us where the book of Isaiah is mentioned?

Torah was revealed to Moses!

Show us where Jesus called himself a servant of God?
But you Muslims say you believe in all the prophets that means you believe in their messages.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:
Yes was actually imprisoned, it has being discovered that at the high priest house there is a form of prison where he uses for trials.

Know this today Jesus was God's servant.

In prison? For how many days abeg? The high priest can't hold anyone in prison, the Romans will send him to prison if they found out. Bros, try another line.

So, Jesus is no longer God or Gods son to you or to the whole of Christiandom?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:
But you Muslims say you believe in all the prophets that means you believe in their messages.

We believe in their Message in it's pristine state. Not when men with an Agenda have muddied up their message.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

In prison? For how many days abeg? The high priest can't hold anyone in prison, the Romans will send him to prison if they found out. Bros, try another line.

So, Jesus is no longer God or Gods son to you or to the whole of Christiandom?
yes they do. It doesn't matter if it is days or hours.

Jesus is God's Son you cannot wrap you head with the fact that Jesus was both a Son and a servant.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:
yes they do. It doesn't matter if it is days or hours.

Jesus is God's Son you cannot wrap you head with the fact that Jesus was both a Son and a servant.

Exactly. I don't need to wrap anything around anything. It doesn't make sense. For that reason, I am out.

The Bible never support it, reason and logic is against it.

I only proved it and it falls short.

He is God, he is God's son and now he is God's Servant. Shey Jesus na foreman ni?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

We believe in their Message in it's pristine state. Not when men with an Agenda have muddied up their message.
Who muddled Isaiah's message?
The book of Isaiah was kept be the jews themselves, do you think they would alter it to prove that Jesus is the messiah which they hated?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Exactly. I don't need to wrap anything around anything. It doesn't make sense. For that reason, I am out.

The Bible never support it, reason and logic is against it.

I only proved it and it falls short.

He is God, he is God's son and now he is God's Servant. Shey Jesus na foreman ni?
Are you saying a Son cannot work for his father?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:
The book of Isaiah was kept be the jews themselves, do you think they would alter it to prove that Jesus is the messiah which they hated?

The Jews tampered with it.

Read the Bible nah. Even Prophet Nehemiah or Jeremiah alluded to that fact in the bible.

" The LYING PENS of the Scribes.....
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:

Are you saying a Son cannot work for his father?

A son is a son and a Servant is a servant. Two different things.

Of course my son can work for me, but he remains my son and not my servant. And a servant can't be my son, hetemains a servant.

No matter how you looked at it, Paternity is not bestowed on anyone aside the ones from my Loins.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

The Jews tampered with it.

Read the Bible nah. Even Prophet Nehemiah or Jeremiah alluded to that fact in the bible.

" The LYING PENS of the Scribes.....
You just conjured words from your imagination, where in Nehemiah or Jeremiah was it written that the Jews corrupted their scriptures?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

A son is a son and a Servant is a servant. Two different things.

Of course my son can work for me, but he remains my son and not my servant. And a servant can't be my son, hetemains a servant.

No matter how you looked at it, Paternity is not bestowed on anyone aside the ones from my Loins.
It's a simple question can a Son not work for his father?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:

Right from Genesis, they have been lying. Adding and subtracting from God's word and calling it God's word.

I can show you if you don't mind

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:
It's a simple question can a Son not work for his father?

And the simple asnwer is despite working for me, he is still my son! He will never be my servant.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
Steep:

You just conjured words from your imagination, where in Nehemiah or Jeremiah was it written that the Jews corrupted their scriptures?

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Right from Genesis, they have been lying. Adding and subtracting from God's word and calling it God's word.

you have not provided evidence.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 12:03am On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:
you have not provided evidence.

Lol

Do you need reading glasses like me ni?

Jeremiah Chapter 8. Read the whole Chapter but pay particular interest on verses 8 and 9.

Danke!

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 12:04am On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

you have not answered the question
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 12:06am On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:
you have not answered the question

And the question is?

If you want to read how the Scribes muddied up their Books, please read Jeremiah Chapter 8. Please pay special interest to verses 8 and 9.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 5:08am On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

And the question is?

If you want to read how the Scribes muddied up their Books, please read Jeremiah Chapter 8. Please pay special interest to verses 8 and 9.

Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by sonmvayina(m): 7:29am On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:
None of them addressed the issue, Israel has never bear the sin of others neither is Israel without violence in fact the suffering that Israel passed through is because of their sins.

Isaiah 40:2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins.

Note Israel suffering is because of her sins but the suffering servant suffered and died because of the sins of others.
Therefore it is clear that Israel is not the suffering servant.

Nobody died ...

Read 10-12
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by AntiChristian: 9:08am On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:

So you've seen that you're mistaken right?

Yeah! We believe in all Prophets and the respective revelations given to them for their people. However, none of the previous scriptures was preserved. Only the Qur'an is Preserved!

So where is in the Bible did Jesus called himself a servant of God?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 9:25am On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:

Jeremiah Chapter 8 verses 8/9

Since you are on free basics and can't see the attachment.

ABI make I send you my Bible too?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:08am On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Jeremiah Chapter 8 verses 8/9

Since you are on free basics and can't see the attachment.

ABI make I send you my Bible too?
Read that verse again, it is not talking of the scriptures.
The scriptures Consist of two parts, the book of the law and the prophets.

The scribes abandoned the scriptures and wrote false laws for the people.

So again if anything at all, it does not concern the books of the prophets of which Isaiah belongs.

Jeremiah 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.

8:9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?

They rejected the scriptures and wrote false laws for the people.

The scriptures remained in tact however the rejected it to make their own law.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:
Read that verse again, it is not talking of the scriptures.
The scriptures Consist of two parts, the book of the law and the prophets.

The scribes abandoned the scriptures and wrote false laws for the people.

So again if anything at all, it does not concern the books of the prophets of which Isaiah belongs.

Jeremiah 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.

8:9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?

They rejected the scriptures and wrote false laws for the people.

The scriptures remained in tact however the rejected it to make their own law.

Oga, keep twisting and turning ooo. Na you get yourself

So the Laws is no longer Scriptures?

So which Scripture did they reject and can you point me to the Laws they wrote themselves?

That is the issue with you the defenders of the Jews. Jeremiah, a Prophet of God called the Pens of the Scribes "LYING PENS" Meaning they made changes therein and here I have a Nigerian living almost 3,000 years after twisting, convulting and saying otherwise.

Oga, I symapathise with you but you have believed a Lie.

I can see that you are sincere at least. Walk with me and I will show you the lies Jeremiah was talking about. At least the little I know.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Steep(m): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Oga, keep twisting and turning ooo. Na you get yourself

So the Laws is no longer Scriptures?

So which Scripture did they reject and can you point me to the Laws they wrote themselves?

That is the issue with you the defenders of the Jews. Jeremiah, a Prophet of God called the Pens of the Scribes "LYING PENS" Meaning they made changes therein and here I have a Nigerian living almost 3,000 years after twisting, convulting and saying otherwise.

Oga, I symapathise with you but you have believed a Lie.

I can see that you are sincere at least. Walk with me and I will show you the lies Jeremiah was talking about. At least the little I know.
So what does the the scribes penning down laws for themselves have with the prophecy of Isaiah?
By the way, saying the scribes penned down lies is obviously not talking about the law of Moses nor the prophets, the scriptures are intact, it was the scribes during Jeremiah's days that he described as "having lying pen".

The question remains unanswered who is the servant of God that became a sacrifice for sin?
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by sonmvayina(m): 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:
So what does the the scribes penning down laws for themselves have with the prophecy of Isaiah?
By the way, saying the scribes penned down lies is obviously not talking about the law of Moses nor the prophets, the scriptures are intact, it was the scribes during Jeremiah's days that he described as "having lying pen".

The question remains unanswered who is the servant of God that became a sacrifice for sin?

God said over and over that he hates human sacrifice. In Isaiah 53, nobody died and there is no resurrection anywhere...
"He shall see his offspring

He shall prolong his days...the will of the lord shall prosper in his hands..

I told you to read it in context, you keep isolating text...

The suffering servant is Israel/jacob
Re: Jesus Didn't Die for Anyone's Sin nor to save everyone from sin by Lukuluku69(m): 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
Steep:

Padre, apart from the Ten Commandments, there are other Laws God gave thru Moses to the Israelites. These. laws bothers on Commerce, inehritance, conflict resolutions, Marriage, in fact all facets of Life and livings. Laws befitting a people God chooses as a beacon for other Nations to see and aspire to be like.

For space, I won't be able to enumerate them here but you are a Christian, find time and read the Old Testament and see for yourself.

Aside these Laws, their are Prophecies by Israelites Prophets about what the future holds. Their backsliding into idolatry and changing the Laws to favour a sections of the society and the likes.

Remember Jesus railing about Traditions of Men? They left what was ordained and follow what their elders says. That in itself is idolatry.

If you really want to know how messed up the Jewish hierarchy was, read Jeremiah and Isaiah.

They did not stopped at changing the Laws, they also tampered with Prophecies. They change names, change places just to make the Prophecies obscure and unintelligent to sincere seeker after God's Kingdom.

Jesus Christ also gave a parable about the Dog in the Manger. Who won't eat the Hays but will prevent the Sheep and cows from accessing the hays. That was the Jewish hierarchy at best.

So, coming back to the Book of Isaiah, I can show you where they changed names, where they changed places just to make Prophecies obscure for people. To really know this, that depends on your level of knowledge and how close or open minded you are.

As for your refrain about who is that Servant that Isaiah talked about, it is not Jesus. You guys claimed he is God and so he can't be his own servant. Also, that isaiah (53) I think is not made up of just one verse. Why not let us look at it together?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abortion Should Be Made Legal / Does God Really Know You? / What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.