Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face (114566 Views)

How Do Get Rid Of Excessive Oil On My Face / How Do I Get Rid Of Blackhead/ Black Spots On My Face? / How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by hilaryflex: 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
Please guys, i have white tiny threadlike fat coming out of the pores on my face. some friends say it is sebum or whatever. it is not pimples neither is it blackhead, it just makes my face looks untidy since the white stuff fills all the pores. please if u know what am describing can you please tell me what to apply that works or how to remove them. TANKS
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by RandV: 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
hilaryflex:

Please guys, i have white tiny threadlike fat coming out of the pores on my face. some friends say it is sebum or whatever. it is not pimples neither is it blackhead, it just makes my face looks untidy since the white stuff fills all the pores. please if u know what am describing can you please tell me what to apply that works or how to remove them. TANKS

Hi There,

I am an internationally trained esthetician, and I took interest in your post.

If I infer correctly, what you have is called sebaceous filaments. They are plugs of sebum and other form of cellular debris that just coagulate in your pores. If you just started experiencing it, then you must have started using some comedogenic substance.

Before, I can prescribe anything, where exactly are they located? Around the T-zone, or cheeks?

Regards
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ R and V,I really v to commend u for ur advice and good work.I also experience something like that,but its been on my nose for ages and it started spreading down towards my cheek,Pls wat can I use to stop it(esp frm it spreading).
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by hilaryflex: 10:41am On Aug 25, 2011
Tanks R AND V. It is located on my cheeks,jaw and nose. pls respond cry
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by RandV: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2011
hilaryflex:

Tanks R AND V. It is located on my cheeks,jaw and nose. pls respond cry

Hi,

Where you have these sebaceous filaments is around your T-zone. Apparently, you are more oily around that area which is common for most people. My other question still stands. Have you started using something different on your face recently? Maybe a face cream, foundation, blush or powder? If Yes, what make?

Waiting to hear from you.

Regards,
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by RandV: 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2011
yejide14:

@ R and V,I really v to commend u for your advice and good work.I also experience something like that,but its been on my nose for ages and it started spreading down towards my cheek,Pls wat can I use to stop it(esp frm it spreading).

Hi,

If you have been having it for a very long time, then you are probably using something that is comedogenic or you are either not exfoliating regularly. If the latter is the case, you will notice that some other or most surrounding areas of your face will feel patchy and sort of coarse. This is because you are not shedding off your old skin cells present on your skin. This condition is called Retention Hyperkeratosis. You are lucky that you do not have bacterial infection and imbalanced sebaceous glands, else, you would have been plagued with a lot of breakouts.

what you should do is as follows;

1. You must have a professional Enzymatic Exfoliation to remove most of the dead skin cells. This would give you a brighter and healthier skin, as the new skin would be revealed.
2. If you feel you can do without the first step, you must buy a good scrub to use twice weekly if you are oily overall, or once weekly if you have a dry skin. This step is very important
3. Make sure you steam your face at least once a week, to open up your pores, to release the coagulated skin residues from your pores
4. Use a masque twice weekly to draw out the impurities from your pores.
5. Get Nose and cheeks strips that look like plasters, but are specifically to remove these filaments from your pores. You wet your nose and your cheek areas, and then place the strips on them for about 5-10mins, after which you remove. These are very effective.

This should salvage the situation.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
@R and V,thanks so much for your advice.Can I get the Nose and cheek strips from any beauty and cosmetics store?
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by RandV: 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
yejide14:

@R and V,thanks so much for your advice.Can I get the Nose and cheek strips from any beauty and cosmetics store?

Yes you should be able to get them.

If you cant, let me know.

Regards,
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
Thanks a lot
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by hilaryflex: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
@tanks R AND V. but i tried finding the nose and cheek strips today but couldnt find , is it popular?
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by Ayor93(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
yejide14: Thanks a lot
So im also having something like that, what do i do?
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by helphelp: 7:41am On Aug 17, 2014
Interesting
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by hadeehs: 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks RnV. U seem quiet for a while thou d post is an old 1. Can I get ur mail or phone number? I hv some issues of concern to discuss wif u pls. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by lillyjane(f): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2014
make your own 100% effective home made facial mask from oats and lemon. Click http://www..com/diy-home-made-facial-mask for details. alternatively, clean your face with cotton wool soaked in lemon or lime every evening for 1week, it will take care of it.
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by Dharmicious(f): 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
@ R and V,I really v to commend u for ur advice and good work.I also experience something like that,but its been on my nose for ages and it started spreading down towards my cheek,Pls wat can I use to stop it(esp frm it spreading).
you can get a good aloe Vera scrub.... I sell them .... And the company is a USA company...m I dunno if u AV heard of forever living products. They AV very nice products and I had the same problem. I bought there aloe scrub and scurb my face and body every 3days and then rub their aloe Vera gelly infact within two weeks people were asking me what I was using. U can msg me to know more abt how to get thr stuffs. My whole family now use thr things including toothpaste sef.
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by CallMeNJay: 12:09am On Jan 02, 2017
Get white stuffs off
Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by shashank16(m): 3:02pm On May 04, 2018
Yogurt is rich in lactic acid. Lactic acid shrinks the skin pores. Yogurt is also rich in proteins and probiotics. It maintains the skin pH and nourishes the skin. Not just yogurt will clear off sebaceous filaments but will also render dark spot free and glowing skin

Read more At:- https://www.crazyhealthplan.com/how-to-get-rid-of-sebaceous-filaments/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get This White Stuff Off My Face by SOFTENGR: 3:00am On May 05, 2018
hilaryflex:
Take fruits and veggies daily. Reduce fat intake.
Don't take any drug and don't get worried. It will simply go after some time.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Dead Bodies Are Loaded Into Refrigerated Truck With Forklift In U.S. / Busty Lady's No Bra Day Photos Got Nigerians Talking / How To Clear Darkspots On Face From Pimples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.