Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find (15079 Views)

Presidency 2023: Shettima Is Phenomenally Complementary To Tinubu – Keyamo / Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate / Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Azeemokoya: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2022
Presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, says Kashim Shettima is the best choice as his running mate.

The former Lagos State governor said this on Wednesday while meeting the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Abuja.

Recall that Tinubu’s announcement of Shettima as his running mate in July generated criticism and condemnation from different quarters including CAN.

However, in a statement released by Tinubu’s media aide, Tunde Rahman, maintained that he choose Senator Kashim Shettima as his running mate because he is the best hand that can help his administration.

“I offer a confession. I selected Senator Shettima thinking more about who would best help me govern. Picking a Christian running mate would have been politically easier. But the easy way is rarely the right one. The selection of a running mate is at once a very momentous yet very intimate decision,” Tinubu said.

“I did not choose Senator Shettima so that we could form a same-faith ticket. The ticket was constructed as the same progressive and people-based ideology ticket,”

“Resting such a key decision on religious affiliation as the primary weight did not sit well with me. I am not saying there were not good and adequate potential running mates of the Christian faith.

“What I am saying is that the times we inhabit do not lend themselves to the good or adequate. We have urgent problems that lend themselves not to a Christian or Muslim solution. We need the best solution.

“Every time I thought about it, and I did think a lot; I came to the same conclusion: Kashim Shettima.”

https://newsroundtheclock.com/tinubu-shettima-is-the-best-running-mate-i-could-find/

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Macphenson: 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
So this is the best Tinubu can find in the whole APC.

Drug lord vs Boko Haram. What a deadly collabo.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Abdul05: 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2022
You must collect... grin

Sooner or late every Nigerian too must collect.... grin grin

Support tinubu for president..

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Mystic216: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2022
Buh Lalong is not good enough to be VP
Only good for campaign DG
Just look at this disgraceful old cow

147 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Felabrity: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
No wahala

You go tell Nigerians that one for election day

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by alsudan: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
Nigerian Christians, Thiefnubuu just said none of you was good enough to be his Vice.

The druggie should not be good enough for Christian votes too.

A drug lord/thief and a terrorist

Truly, there’s no better combination for that match made in Hell.

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by socialmediaman: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
He evaded scrutiny from his drug trafficking past because of the political elites
He avoided jail term for corruption because the power to jail was with the political elites

but you see this muslim-muslim ticket, he can't avoid it, because the power to vote is with the ordinary people

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Moh247: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
cool

For the first time Nigeria is about to have an Economist, and a Financial expert head National Economic Council

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
Yes, we know.

But at the end, most Nigerians won't be voting for you because religion, but because your party promised us some things in 2014, and today those promises have not been fufilled.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by sekundosekundo: 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
wink

But how will Shamettima explain to Nigerians that the VP office he's earnestly seeking is no longer AN ICE CREAM SELLER'S OFFICE?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Ponytail22: 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by IamAsiri: 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
Eh yah grin
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Sirheny007(m): 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
There you have it Ladies and gentlemen!
Just the right Boko Haram Commander to perfect the evil plan. cheesy
Of course, who else but Shettima?

God forbid. undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by GboyegaD(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
If Shettima was a Christian, will he pick him? He should admit he selected Shettima for electoral value and stop lying.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by mbahdi(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
Yes best Boko Haram u can find papa Abraham

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Bryan88(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
Now I understand why people say na only fools without brains dey support Tinubu. Jst look at d senseless excuse he’s giving 4 his Muslim-Muslim ticket.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by skentelelady(f): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Jesuite(m): 8:27pm
“I offer a confession. I selected Senator Shettima thinking more about who would best help me govern. Picking a Christian running mate would have been politically easier. But the easy way is rarely the right one. The selection of a running mate is at once a very momentous yet very intimate decision,” Tinubu said.

And when majority kicked against it what did you do ? Nothing. Thinking people would get over it.

You planned it from the scratch with hope that your wife us a Rccg pastor, your children are Christian etc.

You rent fake bishops to prove that Christian's were in support. Oga you made this mistake and it is irreversible. Majority are for Obi now as long as power will still come down to south

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by LegendHero(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
Shettima is a dependable ally and one of the best within Tinubu circle.

We have no doubt that he will make a good Vice President.

God bless Bola Tinubu.

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by iiifedimma(f): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by money121(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by seunsnoyd: 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2022
Lol, you mean a book haram sponsor..

Unam ikot mkpo !

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Fearyourcreator: 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kengelee:
In the whole Nigeria
He for choose you
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by PHIPEX(m): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2022
This is so disappointing, out of 200million people you could only find a man accused of having a hand in Boko Haram to be your VP? A man who was in charge when Chibok girls were kidnapped in his own state but did nothing?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2022
Best in what regard? Religion bias and nothing else
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by Angelfrost(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
Tinubu... Just stop! Abeg, I take God beg you!

A controversial person linked to terrorism was the best you could find?!? In the whole of Northern Nigeria?!!

What's even my business!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by mytime24(f): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
Why this man no leave APC presidential race for osibanjo sef

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by BABANGBALI: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
Say whatever you like, I'm not giving you my vote

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by BABANGBALI: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
mytime24:
J
are you still coming tonight?
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by PStacks(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
Nigerian Problems Transcends same fate.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find by jamace(m): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2022
Azeemokoya:

https://newsroundtheclock.com/tinubu-shettima-is-the-best-running-mate-i-could-find/
SHETIMA EVIL DEEDS AGAINST CHRISTIANITY

1. Shettima stopped the study of Christian Religious studies in Borno state schools when he was the governor of the state.

2. Shettima withdrew CofO of lands belonging to churches in Borno state.

3. Shetima limited numbers of christian students from gaining admission into universities, deny them the opportunity even when they merited it.

4. Shettima founded and funded boko haram.

5. Shetima orchestrated the kidnap of chibok girls and thereafter promoted the Principal of the school to a Commissioner in the state.

Don't think you are voting for Tinubu, Tinubu is at the cross road, holding the ticket for the terrorist Shettima. Christians, please shine your eyes.

VOTE WISELY O

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Parents Of Nigeria's Abducted Girls Die / Dialogue: MEND Gives FG Two Weeks ultimatum / Senate Presidency: It’s Too Late For Me To Withdraw For Anyone – Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.