Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,259 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu (633 Views)

Diaspora Group To Pressure Tinubu To Step Down As President Of Nigeria / 2023:Nigerians Are Insulting Me,I Don't Want To Have High Blood Pressure:Tinubu / APC Leaders, El-rufai, Ganduje Meet In Kaduna To Pressure Tinubu On His Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Deltavariant(m): 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2022
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says he has stopped reading social media.

Tinubu, who frequently updates verified social media handles under his name, said this in a video currently trending online.

“I don’t read social media anymore; they abuse the hell out of me. If I read it, I get high blood pressure and angry. I don’t read it, so if I want to hear anything; my children or my workers will say this one said this, and when I’m tired, I say please forget it!”

Tinubu, who has been under the spotlight in the ongoing campaign for the 2023 election, said social media gives him high blood pressure.While rounding off his speech at his campaign flag-off in Jos on Tuesday, he suffered a slip of tongue as he mistakenly referred to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) when he had his party in mind.

“…I hand over back to the chairman of the party before he disciplines me for leaving the President waiting and keeping him standing. We are calling, inviting the national chairman to invite the President. At least to close this part of the ceremony. Thank you, God bless you, God bless Nigeria. God bless PD…APC,” he had said.

This triggered outrage on social media as critics demarketed the ruling party’s candidate and said he was unfit to be president.

In October, he caused a stir online after he said Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has a vision of turning “rotten situation to a bad one.”

The incident also sparked rumours that Tinubu who just returned from London at that time might be suffering from dementia.

Online critics of the APC Presidential Candidate have said Tinubu avoids debate in order not to goof.

https://dailytrust.com/social-media-gives-me-high-blood-pressure-tinubu/
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Deltavariant(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
NLanders must be top on the list.
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2022
Useless mods won't see this one to take to frontpage, old baba don't even know what's up in the world, how will he know what to do as president lol... His useless BATIDIOTS are only after their pockets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Eriokanmi: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
Deltavariant:
NLanders must be top on the list.
grin. Why is he worried? Shebi na him followers dey talk say, election isn't won on social media...that Peter obi only has followers on social media? He should not be bothered now. Lol.
Even atiku who once ignorantly said the majority of northern youths didn't have a twitter or Facebook account has since eaten up his vomit. If you visit hausa section on twitter or Facebook, you'd be shocked.

The truth is, these old politicians think this generation does things the old way. Just tell some people who are followers of a political candidate that there would be a meeting at a particular place and time, you'd be shocked what you'd see when you get there.

The era of inducing people with money, moodles of rice,etc to a campaign venue is long outdated.

4 Likes

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Honjoshy4u: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tinubu should go and rest.
He is already old and confused

2 Likes

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tinubu is 100% content creator and 0% presidential candidate.
- Aisha Yesufu

@Moh247 FreeStuffsNG PandoraObi Leodeking Abdul05 lhordspy Throwback Biodun556 Batified2023

Shey Una dey whine me ni. Why una quiet? You're not at work because it's weekend? While your candidate is falling out of the presidential race? You need to take your jobs and lives more seriously. If not @Racoon will flog Una for yansh grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Abfinest007(m): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2022
I love jagaban bcus he is a good comedian . obedience please let lower d vawulence cuz I want my best comedian to experience another defeat
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Aufbauh(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
No purposeful leader worth his onion spend his time on the mass traffic of social media which will likely create distraction, disruption and expose you to avoidable content.
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by chariisGRACE(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2022
Ordinary Social Media. grin

Giving that not every Nigerian is on Social Media.
Tinubu, if you eventually become the President, imagine the cries of over 100 million people grin Your case go worst pass Bubu own.

Check my siggy, come carry better phone use play at least PUBG or worst-worst Candy Crush. forget Presidency, you wouldn't fit do it.
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by KingKO22: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2022
Daily trust of IPOB grin

IPOB have until February before to console themselves before they craw back to Beerfraud or death

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Acidosis(m): 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2022
KingKO22:
Daily trust of IPOB grin

IPOB have until February before to console themselves before they craw back to Beerfraud or death

The video is on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Charlesdeslim/status/1593903049336029184?t=WyDQd6rldjPfTvYD7xhRUA&s=19

1 Like

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by FatiMohammed123: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
You never see anything Atiku is coming 2023
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by ibkayee(f): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
Nigerian politicians aren’t used to being held accountable, hence why something as standard as debates and live interviews are such a rarity. Why won’t social media give him anxiety when they can’t fully control or gag it like other media spaces

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by MADUBukar005: 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2022
Nigerians need a healthy person like Atiku
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by DamnnNiggarr: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2022
shocked

shocked shocked shocked
Courtesy of the OBIdients.
The neck pressing continues whether Nairaland resident urchins like it or not.

The messages from the OBIdients' internet domination is really hitting the right spot.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by AdamsLawan: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
This country need somebody like Atiku who is more healthier than u.
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by Racoon(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
So you think you defects can be easily hidden? Not when the fate of about 200M people is @ stake after you foist a catastrophe like Buhari. Yet you want to continue the same affliction? No way!

After Tinubu and his goons in the APC employed the weapons of wicked lies and propaganda on the same social media to run a down a sitting president even denigrating his office and family?

First to do they pain past. The trend and beast you created is back for you in full force. Karma never forgets or forgives "These uprisings will bring out the beast in us."
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by GloriousGbola: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2022
ibkayee:
Nigerian politicians aren’t used to being held accountable, hence why something as standard as debates and live interviews are such a rarity. Why won’t social media give him anxiety when they can’t fully control or gag it like other media spaces

To be frank Tinubu has never gagged the media. Everything said about him has been said about him in multiple papers as far back as the 2000s.
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by ibkayee(f): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

To be frank Tinubu has never gagged the media. Everything said about him has been said about him in multiple papers as far back as the 2000s.
Looks like he’s petrified of scrutinisation yet wants to lead a democracy and has shown he does not mind using his power to control/manipulate.

Someone who is alleged to be behind the harassment of keke owners and market women for their support probably isn’t averse to a bit of gagging

2 Likes

Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by MADUBukar005: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2022
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by ibrahimabba7: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAbP75WfVw
2023: We’re preparing for possible run-off presidential election – INEC

INEC says it will not keep the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) for the general election at the Central Bank because it is a sensitive material.
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by 4song: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
I pray you will not have shock in 2023 if social media can be giving you high blood pressure what will happen to you when ATIKU ABUBAKAR is declare as Nigeria president next year.
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by ibrahimabba7: 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHBTd9K5kow

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says he has stopped reading social media. Tinubu, who frequently updates verified social media…
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by AbdulMaifura121: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2022
God bless PDP and God bless our pragmatic incoming president of the popular black nation. Nigeria sai Atiku
Re: Social Media Gives Me High Blood Pressure – Tinubu by MADUBukar005: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Atiku Abubakar is ready to serve Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

What Is It With Tinubu And Animals? / I’ll Name, Shame, Prosecute Oil Thieves Atiku Says, Meets Dangote, Otedola...... / Obi Cubana Receives Honorary Doctorate Degree From ESUT (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.