Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? (30378 Views)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / Payoneer Has Stopped Giving Cards!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HAH: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2022
barnaby04:
Those that don't operate a Dom account won't appreciate this thread.

I have been trying to withdraw money from my First Bank Dom account for some while now but has been unable to do it. The cashier usually tells me that there is no funds available whenever I visit their branch. It's really painful for someone to have money in an account and yet, unable to withdraw it.
Is Nigeria currency dollar that you save in it ? What you do is called economic sabotage, you earn in naira then you convert and save in dollar thereby eroding the value of the naira

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by YoobaNesan: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2022
Oshey Baby tongue

Anfieldboss:

Yes, you can make payments online with your USD card
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by tunapawizzy: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2022
they dont want you to withdraw and go sell at black market..........

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by emperordelis(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2022
YoobaNesan:
What's their daily & monthly limit?

I really can't tell,but I know Zenith bank can disburse upto 2k dollars,that's the most I have gotten at once
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by YoobaNesan: 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2022
Is this a beer parlour report grin or a financial speculation?
Do you work in the financial sector? I never doubted this as I know the situation of the country as regards dollar shortage.
I want you to talk more on this.

HAH:
. Very soon savings in dollars will be banned, Physical Dollars cash may also be banned, Naira value is getting eroded because people now use dollars like is our local currency, when travelling abroad you will have to buy travellers cheque from your bank.

Soon all your FX in dorm account will be converted to Naira, there are over $20B dollars in dorm accounts, if this is converted to Naira dollar can be less than 200 Naira

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
I fear this too. Hence my reluctance to save in my DOM account.
OP, the major problem is scarcity and maybe because you don't know someone. UBA does not allow me to transfer USD with my app, so I have to physically go to the bank to withdraw (This is a nightmare, I assure you). I heard Access and GTB allow you to transfer with the app.
What happens when I still used to go to the bank was that I would collect a recipient's account that used UBA as me, and then the FX guy would debit me and credit the guy. However, I noticed something weird. He would always cancel the sender name that I wrote as mine and write "self".
Now, I use Geegpay and USDT.

HAH:
. Very soon savings in dollars will be banned, Physical Dollars cash may also be banned, Naira value is getting eroded because people now use dollars like is our local currency, when travelling abroad you will have to buy travellers cheque from your bank.

Soon all your FX in dorm account will be converted to Naira, there are over $20B dollars in dorm accounts, if this is converted to Naira dollar can be less than 200 Naira

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by excellgraphics(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
inoki247:
lol since when..

UBA don stop dorm Transfer sef since last year or so....

They only want us to be spending Naira...
stop fake claims I withdraw from my domicilary last month from uba Nigeria and fake rumors nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by zanebaddo(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2022
HAH:

I thought about this not too long ago. I was telling myself that soon they gonna ask banks not to allow people withdraw dollar meaning thier money will be converted to naira and be paid at official rate.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by solomto(f): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2022
Can I open domicilary account online.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by inoki247: 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2022
excellgraphics:
stop fake claims I withdraw from my domicilary last month from uba Nigeria and fake rumors nonsense

Lol nobody's faking any claim most time they're always telling me they don't have dollar anytime I visit derr branch....

And since Last year if I can remember you can't du a dorm to dorm transfer on UBA....

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Alusiizizi(m): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
I went to a Wema bank branch yesterday to withdraw from my Domicillary account, but i was told they have stopped giving dollars. I wanted to make transfer and they said that was also impossible.

Who else is facing this challenge?

Note i still was able to withdraw last week. Could this be from CBN?

Try another branch. Sometimes a particular branch will not have any $$ or even worse, they have $$ but only on one dollar bills(which all those Mallams will trash by paying you #500 for the $$ only to deposit them in their own domiciliary account only to withdraw $100 bills when they've accumulated enough). Anywayz, point to this long narrative, try another branch.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by damble: 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2022
Romanoff:
I just opened a dollar account with access bank and paid in cash. They didn't tell me anything like that o.

I never do myself so?

I am afraid, you are
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by tunapawizzy: 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2022
Nadingo:
2wks ago, I had $250 in my fidelity bank Dom account so I decided to take advantage of the hike in dollars then to withdraw and sell it to aboki. I went to the only two fidelity bank branches in my state and they both claimed they don't have dollar in cash to give me. I later sha narrated to a friend my ordeal who told me that if I want, he can link me with a staff in one of the same Fidelity Bank I was told dollar no dey and that I'll be paid the $250 cash instantly if I'll agree to grease palms. I played along and got my $250 given to me after giving N12k bribe. Smh
This is the reason it will be difficult for Nigeria to get out of mess....EVen if u kill all the current old useless politicians..the younger ones that will replace them are brutal...just imagine 12k bribe for $250 and i am sure the people that collected that 12k are cursing Buhari for bad leadership...this country is almost gone, corruption is endemic, no one survives without corruption, no one is clean

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2022
Speculation for me o, but I spent a weekend thinking about it. Seems highly improbable, but this is Nigeria, and it scares me that a new Policy will force me to change my USD at Govt approved rates only. Then I see the Lebanon situation and think wtf.

YoobaNesan:
Is this a beer parlour report grin or a financial speculation?
Do you work in the financial sector? I never doubted this as I know the situation of the country as regards dollar shortage.
I want you to talk more on this.

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Dshocker(m): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2022
Thats like 3yrs ago now....

You can only source for it from Abokis.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2022
You are the lucky person then. UBA don show me pepper
excellgraphics:

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by We4all: 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2022
Romanoff:
I just opened a dollar account with access bank and paid in cash. They didn't tell me anything like that o.

I never do myself so?

To open a dorm account is not an issue. The problem starts when you want to withdraw.

Imagine depositing in dollars and when it's time to withdraw, they will ask to give you in naira. If that's not what a scam looks like, then I wonder what it is.

7 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by YoobaNesan: 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2022
I'm concerned with Zenith bank. Don't you do intl trans? You don't have a USD card?
emperordelis:

I really can't tell,but I know Zenith bank can disburse upto 2k dollars,that's the most I have gotten at once

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by 99thEnemy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2022
Romanoff:

I never do myself so?
Of all banks na Access Bank you go.

Them never do you shege grin

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2022
Yes, you can open UBA Freedom DOM online with just BVN. It has its limits though.
solomto:
Can I open domicilary account online.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by tunapawizzy: 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
Aremwayne:
It will get worse if Tinubu wins.
If that man gets to Aso Rock, watch Seyi Tinubu move like Mohammed Abacha.....d only difference be say him no go dey kill people with reckless abandon

6 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by deolu2000(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
Romanoff:

I never do myself so?
You don't need to worry, just ask your bank question and you will be fine.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Dumb talk

Because I called out your party.?

We can pretend that APC, PDP, and LP are the answer, or we can face facts and vote them out.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by solomto(f): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ayomipoe:
Yes, you can open UBA Freedom DOM online with just BVN. It has its limits though.
Ok, thanks
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Revolva(m): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
ScamHunter:
It's terrible. I've been trying to make a $100 payment but cannot because they've placed a miserable $20 limit on my naira account. For the USD, they're saying they have no card. GTB is near useless.

Na today u know day na 20usd limit be naira cards monthly

Bro no bank will deny you of opening a dollar dorm acc and even if there is no card wait for a while they will give u dollar dorm card

I use gtb dorm card for all my online payment and i buy things smoothly with it ..its the best

I also have one yeye uba dollar prepaid card its also good to make payment but its has certain restriction on withdrawal of inflow comes in it
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
Romanoff:

I never do myself so?
When you try to withdraw it then you’ll know.

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by emperordelis(m): 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2022
YoobaNesan:

I'm concerned with Zenith bank. Don't you do intl trans? You don't g tba USD card?
I don't do intl transfers bro...Zenith has been my bank for quite a long time...We dey manage them as dem be
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by foolbuster: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
I went to a Wema bank branch yesterday to withdraw from my Domicillary account, but i was told they have stopped giving dollars. I wanted to make transfer and they said that was also impossible.

Who else is facing this challenge?

Note i still was able to withdraw last week. Could this be from CBN?

This is the current financial system for you. They are in control of your finance, if you have any money in the bank then it isn't actually yours.

The worst part is they loan your money to reckless institutions who take irresponsible financial risks and cause problems for everyone when there house of cards come crumbling.

5 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ololademrmoney2(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
Large offshore to offshore is available at #700/$

The minimum you can get is $1M
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by workchopNG: 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
Same thing with Union Bank. No withdrawal from dollar account
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Dexyity(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2022

8 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by YoobaNesan: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ok.
Anyone who does Int'l trans with Zenith bank USD card should quote me of their daily & monthly limit.
Thanks.
emperordelis:

I don't do intl transfers bro...Zenith has been my bank for quite a long time...We dey manage them as dem be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.