Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? (30529 Views)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / Payoneer Has Stopped Giving Cards!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by RelevantSolutio(f): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:
my account has no issues. No one was being attended to on the fx section. They said till further notice order from above

They are doing this out of ignorance or fear of loosing Too Much HARD CURRENCIES To People simply because The CBN is Trying To Play A PUMP and DUMP Game for The Bank and Society.

If The Bank Allows People to withdraw all their Hard Currencies All @ Once; The Banks will be Forced To HOLD "Naira" while Having All The RESERVES of Their Hard Currencies Heavily Diminished.

Many People who have been Keeping Their Hard Currencies in The Bank since $1 was 150 to 350 Naira will Gain Mightily and The Stocks of The Banks would Shake and Diminish as They will Suffer Great Losses.

So, it is best to create another Dom account with a Bank that still allows people to withdraw their hard currencies.

You can do this within 1 week.

Then,

You can easily transfer your dollars from your present Dom account to The New One.

Act Fast before Dollar Dumps on You, King.

I'm also selling off All My Hard Currencies too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
I think it will still be wise to hold the USD. In my own selfish mathematics, I find that it is easier to get things done when you already have the USD. However, since we all have different lifestyles and interests, you may have sufficient enough reason why you think the Naira is better for you to hold.
RelevantSolutio:

They are doing this out of ignorance or fear of loosing Too Much HARD CURRENCIES To People simply because The CBN is Trying To Play A PUMP and DUMP Game for The Bank and Society.

If The Bank Allows People to withdraw all their Hard Currencies All @ Once; The Banks will be Forced To HOLD "Naira" while Having All The RESERVES of Their Hard Currencies Heavily Diminished.

Many People who have been Keeping Their Hard Currencies in The Bank since $1 was 150 to 350 Naira will Gain Mightily and The Stocks of The Banks would Shake and Diminish as They will Suffer Great Losses.

So, it is best to create another Dom account with a Bank that still allows people to withdraw their hard currencies.

Then,

You can easily transfer your dollars from your present Dom account to The New One.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2022
RelevantSolutio:

Then,

nice analysis. Was able to withdraw today. I wont withraw all. I think the banks are still safe.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Betboss(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:
Update. USD now available in wema banks, but dollar card still not available

Cc betboss and lordreed

Thanks bro, I knew it was just a temporary shortage. Nigeria can't go the Lebanon way, any day we try it naira will totally lule just as Lebanese pounds lost 95% of its value in just 2yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
Betboss:

Thanks bro, I knew it was just a temporary shortage. Nigeria can't go the Lebanon way, any day we try it naira will totally lule just as Lebanese pounds lost 95% of its value in just 2yrs.

do you have paypal you can sell? I just need $100 to pay one of my vendors abroad. For trust issues i can pay you first before you credit me.

If there is any honest person here let me know asap.
Thanks
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by U1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:
wema resolved today as much as your limit allows you to withdraw

Um, I am afraid I don't quite understand this.

Update: I think I get it now.

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Jonifi(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:
do you have paypall you can sell? I just need $100 to pay one of my vendors abroad. For trust issues i can pay you first before you credit me.

Thanks
if you still need to make the payment what'sapp me 0706 74 45954
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:
do you have paypal you can sell? I just need $100 to pay one of my vendors abroad. For trust issues i can pay you first before you credit me.

Thanks

come to my whatsapp, if you are fast enough , u ll meet it
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
Jonifi:
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Betboss(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:

Thanks

No I don't.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2022
Jonifi:
this guy is a scammer beware he uses a the name damilare victor obembe
https://scamexpress.com/story/on-nairaland-damilare-victor-obembe-uses-the-username-joniww-to-advertise-services-he-does-not-provide/

See details

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by RelevantSolutio(f): 11:48pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:
nice analysis. Was able to withdraw today. I wont withraw all. I think the banks are still safe.

Thanks for the compliment.

Great.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by RelevantSolutio(f): 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
HardMirror:
this guy is a scammer beware he uses a the name damilare victor obembe
https://scamexpress.com/story/on-nairaland-damilare-victor-obembe-uses-the-username-joniww-to-advertise-services-he-does-not-provide/

See details

Thanks

Who owns scamsexpress?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 12:00am On Nov 25, 2022
RelevantSolutio:

Thanks

Who owns scamsexpress?
i dont know, but this same scammer was reported on another thread here on nairaland. He uses different usernames and phone numbers. But it is a matter of time. He would be caught
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Mcslize: 12:33am On Nov 25, 2022
ScamHunter:
It's terrible. I've been trying to make a $100 payment but cannot because they've placed a miserable $20 limit on my naira account. For the USD account, they're saying they have no card for now. GTB is near useless.

Lol. It be like say you no dey the country since. Na now you dey know say you can't use naira card to make payment? That has been in existence since 8 months now.

Any way, sorry for the ordeal.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by teemy(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2022
semanose:

See accessbank complaints yesterday:
https://twitter.com/olamidetowobola/status/1594990112332455939?s=52&t=vcCdpxZ-pSPtmCXkr1HKWQ

True.

I got to the bank yesterday and was told Access bank is no more accepting Payoneer inflows. I've sent a confirmation message to them on Twitter to know if it is a temporary or permanent policy. Awaiting their reply.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Parachoko: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Yes, get them off oil....and (I forgot to include this)...into something called INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT.

You guys should stop thinking too much of yourself because 'you export oil and rice and beans'.......

Strong nations export finished goods and services.
You claim the APC is the worst in terms of generating revenue from the non oil sector, which you're wrong. They have perform better than any Government before them in the non oil sector.

Kobonaire234:

That's why when voting...if your candidate does not have a plan to get us off oyel....don't vote for them (Especially APC).
Nah your statement b this

Show evidence the PDP perform better than the APC in the Non-oil sector
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by fastseo: 11:56am On Nov 29, 2022
RelevantSolutio:

Then,

Please be informed that CBN has ordered all banks to stop interbank transfer on USD accounts
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2022
Shipping agents like Chrisvicmall just made it easier for importers walai

You just send your naira equivalent and they can help you buy and ship the product

https://chrisvicmall.com/ap/AVE11105233
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Lingudy(m): 12:45am On Dec 02, 2022
Buhari's policy caused that
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Juoflife1(f): 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2022
So I found out the crook in fidelity bank processed my money, took the money and said the OTP is incorrect. He told me to tell the sender to contact Worldremit. Haaaaa The vawulence in the bank on Monday will be huuuugge.
Be careful out there people.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Mustiboy(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
HardMirror:
i dont know, but this same scammer was reported on another thread here on nairaland. He uses different usernames and phone numbers. But it is a matter of time. He would be caught

Do banks still give cash?

I'm also using Wema
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mustiboy:

Do banks still give cash?

I'm also using Wema
yes i collect cash from them about every week, they only failed about 2 weeks ago, but back to normal now.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2022
Juoflife1:

So I found out the crook in fidelity bank processed my money, took the money and said the OTP is incorrect. He told me to tell the sender to contact Worldremit. Haaaaa The vawulence in the bank on Monday will be huuuugge.
Be careful out there people.
wow. Update?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
hoodedjaystrim:
Shipping agents like Chrisvicmall just made it easier for importers walai

You just send your naira equivalent and they can help you buy and ship the product

https://chrisvicmall.com/ap/AVE11105233
lol. Since which year abi you are affiliate marketer?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Mustiboy(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
HardMirror:
yes i collect cash from them about every week, they only failed about 2 weeks ago, but back to normal now.

Thanks very much. Was scared before.

What rate do you sell at your end?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mustiboy:

Thanks very much. Was scared before.

What rate do you sell at your end?
it is always changing. Currently down to 720
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Mustiboy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2022
HardMirror:
it is always changing. Currently down to 720

Thanks, boss
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by GreaterFuture(m): 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
Scamperlee:
I need dollars to buy goods, let's transact
Let's talk
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by GreaterFuture(m): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
ScamHunter:
It's terrible. I've been trying to make a $100 payment but cannot because they've placed a miserable $20 limit on my naira account. For the USD account, they're saying they have no card for now. GTB is near useless.
Have you gotten card now? Which type were you given?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ScamHunter: 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Have you gotten card now? Which type were you given?

I later bought bitcoin and made the payment with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Juoflife1(f): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
I was there today and the guy showed me in the system that the OTP is invalid. But he assured me that the money is safe. I was asked to contact Worldremit with the sender. We're working on that now. If it didn't work, I will tell the sender to request for refund from Worldremit. Then we will know the real truth.
HardMirror:
wow. Update?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Become An Agent For Baba Ijebu, Nairabet, Mendibet Etc / Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.