Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? (30371 Views)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / Payoneer Has Stopped Giving Cards!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Elxandre(m): 2:45am On Nov 23, 2022
Ayomipoe:
Speculation for me o, but I spent a weekend thinking about it. Seems highly improbable, but this is Nigeria, and it scares me that a new Policy will force me to change my USD at Govt approved rates only. Then I see the Lebanon situation and think wtf.

What happened in Lebanon bro?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by franugo(m): 3:53am On Nov 23, 2022
ScamHunter:
It's terrible. I've been trying to make a $100 payment but cannot because they've placed a miserable $20 limit on my naira account. For the USD account, they're saying they have no card for now. GTB is near useless.

Try a prepaid dollar card, that can be gotten from the branch same day
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by koladata(m): 4:06am On Nov 23, 2022
NoToTerrorists:
to deposit is not a problem, na to withdraw grin
let’s be sincere , normally you are not suppose to withdraw dollar, we spend naira in Nigeria not dollar, and if you need to buy stuff abroad, use your card . This policy will help reduce people that took dollar trading as business while its depreciating the naira value

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by semanose: 4:08am On Nov 23, 2022
Romanoff:
I just opened a dollar account with access bank and paid in cash. They didn't tell me anything like that o.

I never do myself so?

See accessbank complaints yesterday:
https://twitter.com/olamidetowobola/status/1594990112332455939?s=52&t=vcCdpxZ-pSPtmCXkr1HKWQ
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by semanose: 4:44am On Nov 23, 2022
Betboss:

Very true. I'm really worried about the whole issue. Google sends my ads earnings to my Dorm account and you say I can't withdraw it.

Perhaps there has to be a way to ask Google to send my usd to payoneer or transferwise.

Have anyone tried this?

Access said there a ban on Payooneer funds. Don't know when other banks will start implementing this too.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ojasweb(m): 6:21am On Nov 23, 2022
My experience is that Zenith bank refused to drop my USD withdrawal from Payoneer into my account for over 2 weeks.
No reason whatsoever.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by vendor03: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2022
四道沟隧道

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Romanoff(f): 7:41am On Nov 23, 2022
semanose:

See accessbank complaints yesterday:
https://twitter.com/olamidetowobola/status/1594990112332455939?s=52&t=vcCdpxZ-pSPtmCXkr1HKWQ

Na wa o. I done give them my money before i see all these ones.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Glistinin(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2022
Please how do you withdraw from payoneer to Paxful?
Ayomipoe:
I think it’s primarily your source of USD that determines which approach is best for you.
Once the USD is in your local dom account, the only way to extract it will be to go through all the stress or use SWIFT or use the card on TransferWISE.
I received my funds primarily from Freelance websites, so Payoneer -> USDT via Paxful has been my go to approach, otherwise when GeegPay rates are good and I don’t mind waiting for 24 hours, then I use them.
Wish you the best, also don’t shy from experimenting, Grey.co, Crypto.com, there are platforms that give you access to European/ American banking info, however like I said, it depends on your source of funds.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Betboss(m): 8:29am On Nov 23, 2022
semanose:

Access said there a ban on Payooneer funds. Don't know when other banks will start implementing this too.

I don't think this is true, I have been receiving payoneer funds to my access dorm for over 2 years. The most recent was last month
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Femiivictorr(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2022
Glistinin:

I bet you've been withdrawing your payoneer funds the absolutely wrong way.

Click here (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGt8LGPWIrs ) to watch a 2mins video I made to explain the best way to withdraw if you want the most lavish exchage rate (above #700/dollar) right now online.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2022
You are not withdrawing. You are sending someone Payoneer funds in exchange for some cryptocurrency, with Paxful as the escrow agent.
Min trade is USD 50 trade time is about 5-15 mins. Note this is against Payoneer's Terms of Service.
So you create a trade on Paxful, and the seller sends you an email to send the funds. Mark paid when funds are confirmed to have been received by the recipient.
That's usually how it goes down.
Glistinin:

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by LordReed(m): 9:01am On Nov 23, 2022
HardMirror:
I went to a Wema bank branch yesterday to withdraw from my Domicillary account, but i was told they have stopped giving dollars. I wanted to make transfer and they said that was also impossible.

Who else is facing this challenge?

Note i still was able to withdraw last week. Could this be from CBN?

I haven't gone recently but the last time I tried they could only give me $20s and nobody wants to collect 20s.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by charlsecy(m): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2022
LegacyB:
Tell the Bank you want to exchange at the official rate you’ll have your money . But the issue is most people want to sell to Black market and still blame the Bank for scarcity.
He will sell to bank at the official rate, but cannot buy it at the same official rate? You are wise indeed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by BonkoINC: 10:35am On Nov 23, 2022
Betboss:

I don't think this is true, I have been receiving payoneer funds to my access dorm for over 2 years. The most recent was last month

They re telling you, it's something that started like two days back .

Foe your own good. Don't initiate any transfers from Payoneer to your access dorm .

Till they come out with an official statement regarding this.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2022
LordReed:

I haven't gone recently but the last time I tried they could only give me $20s and nobody wants to collect 20s.
wow. I dont think this ones even have $20 notes sef . Seems i will stick to payoneer henceforth. Thanks
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Naturalista(f): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2022
gaby:

Voted and rooting for you.

Good luck.

Thank you so much.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by gaby(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2022
Naturalista:

Thank you so much.

You are welcome.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by LordReed(m): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2022
HardMirror:
wow. I dont think this ones even have $20 notes sef . Seems i will stick to payoneer henceforth. Thanks

It's crazy.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Betboss(m): 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2022
BonkoINC:

They re telling you, it's something that started like two days back .

Foe your own good. Don't initiate any transfers from Payoneer to your access dorm .

Till they come out with an official statement regarding this.

I'll withdraw like $50 to test this out.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by semanose: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
Betboss:

Me too. This is a recent update. Just watch out.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by grandstar(m): 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
HardMirror:
they are only going to encourage illegal fx trading. Nonsense

If you are told 1 + 1= 3, will you accept it? If you're told to be patriotic by accepting it, would you consider it patriotic?

A decorated donkey is still a donkey. A bad policy even when ordained by government is still a bad policy.

Buhari meddling in the forex market is the prime reason why the economy is in such a bad state. Buhari always sets the exchange rate of the Naira at a value that never reflect its true market value. For instance, the present official exchange rate is around N420 while the parallel or black market exchange rate is N750. Will you sell your dollars at 420 when the black market rate is N750? This causes artificial forex shortages. It is also creating the bad kind of fx trading you complained

Lamido Sanusi has been unrelenting in condemning Buhari's interference in the fx market. All the 3 presidential candidates have promised to make the Naira flexible once more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Rastafryrice: 6:25am On Nov 24, 2022
Penboy:
First bank has stopped. I can categorically tell you this.
Quote me anywhere.
I sent you a mail at penfreelance1@gmail.com
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by U1(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
Tokskob2008:
This government is so messed up and every of their policies has always been in line to exterminate the common man. Right from closing up the borders which lead to an unimaginable hunger all round to realising terrorist back into the society which lead to worsening insecurity to numerous financial jargons.

You send money to an account the sender pay charges while you as the recipient also pay, all of a sudden they stopped direct international transfers to local accounts saying you have to go and get your dollars by hand and now they are saying you can't get the Dollar again so what do they expect people to do now

You have stated it all!

Nobody should tell me this government is up to any good abeg. This country has just been put in a state to frustrate the common man. With all that is happening, it's hard to believe we still have a president in this country. Damn! sad

On the topic, I saw this coming. So I did all I could to withdraw my little balances to less than 100 bucks in my "lite" accounts. This involved visiting multiple branches in different parts of Lagos and requesting no more than 100 bucks each time for the last withdrawals.

Interestingly, I found it easier withdrawing from Wema (Alat) and even got $100 bills. I was only lucky to get $20 bills or even get to withdraw at all from the other account that I opened because I had practically maxed out the Alat Dom Lite limit.

What a country.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by U1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ddworld:

You should be able to withdraw or transfer. Possibly maybe wema bank has issues. So, what did they expect you to do with the money? Are they forcing you to sell at NIFEX rate or dash them? Atleast there should be an option unless your account has issues

No cap. This is not just a Wema Bank thing.

I was told a similar thing at an FCMB branch after visiting multiple branches and being unable to withdraw just $240 (my first). I thought about transferring the money elsewhere (even to the source) instead but they said that's not allowed. When I asked what the staff member would suggest I do in the situation, she said nothing other than there was no dollar. Imagine.

It could have been worse, though. I would have withdrawn about $255 more without paying more in fee than what I paid to withdraw the same amount to that account. But I decided to test the waters first. cheesy
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by SavageResponse(m): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
HAH:
. Very soon savings in dollars will be banned, Physical Dollars cash may also be banned, Naira value is getting eroded because people now use dollars like is our local currency, when travelling abroad you will have to buy travellers cheque from your bank.

Soon all your FX in dorm account will be converted to Naira, there are over $20B dollars in dorm accounts, if this is converted to Naira dollar can be less than 200 Naira

Dem no born CBN well to forcefully convert the US$ in my dom account to Naira!!!
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by SavageResponse(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2022
HAH:
Is Nigeria currency dollar that you save in it ? What you do is called economic sabotage, you earn in naira then you convert and save in dollar thereby eroding the value of the naira

You're free to leave your own life savings in Naira, let depreciation completely erode its purchasing power! cool

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Betboss(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
semanose:

Me too. This is a recent update. Just watch out.

I dont kmow if it affects only payoneer because i just received Google Adsense earnings now on my dorm account
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
Update. USD now available in wema banks, but dollar card still not available

Cc betboss and lordreed

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2022
SavageResponse:

You're free to leave your own life savings in Naira, let depreciation completely erode its purchasing power! cool
lol.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2022
U1:

No cap. This is not just a Wema Bank thing.

I was told a similar thing at an FCMB branch after visiting multiple branches and being unable to withdraw just $240 (my first). I thought about transferring the money elsewhere (even to the source) instead but they said that's not allowed. When I asked what the staff member would suggest I do in the situation, she said nothing other than there was no dollar. Imagine.

It could have been worse, though. I would have withdrawn about $255 more without paying more in fee than what I paid to withdraw the same amount to that account. But I decided to test the waters first. cheesy
wema resolved today as much as your limit allows you to withdraw
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by RelevantSolutio(f): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ddworld:

That is laughable. Highly ridiculous. I can still tell you that; it is either your branch has an issue or something is wrong with Wema bank. Why won't they give you access to your account. Try to make an official report. If the branch said they don't have USD, that is acceptable but also denying you transfer is highly ridiculous.

Try to find an importer that needs USD, agree terms wity each other and then submit form m

You Are right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.