Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State (65796 Views)

President Buhari Flags Off Kolmani Oil Development In Bauchi (Photos) / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:49am On Nov 23, 2022
Someone said something very significant here but everybody overlooked. I won't quote him but just know that one day, you peoples eyes will be opened in this country. As for now, continue wallowing in your foolishnéss cool

4 Likes

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by iHateFraudsters: 4:17am On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:
He won’t be sworn in even if he wins bro

This is Nigeria. Cabals are still very much active. I’m obidient but that’s the fact.

You still think we're playing in Nigeria?

You don't know Obi came fully prepared.

He will win and he will be sworn in and nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by ebufa: 5:11am On Nov 23, 2022
Idiko1:

Nobody under the Sun nicely treats a saboteur. Backstabbers are left to slow death.

gbam!!
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by DesChyko: 6:09am On Nov 23, 2022
This oil well produced 20 million barrels before being abandoned.

If Bayelsans are smart, they'd still leave it in its abandoned state and focus on other oil fields for now. That oil well is nowhere near done yet.

I know the OP is trying to make a point but I'm looking for it at the moment.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by snitchbitch: 6:16am On Nov 23, 2022
At this era of green revolution

So there is still a nation of the world that is jubilating that it has discovered oil?

When everyone is thinking about how to diversify their economy from oil?

It's not our land that is faulty, it's our brains!

4 Likes

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by snitchbitch: 6:17am On Nov 23, 2022
Before oil was discovered in Nigeria,

What was her highest foreign income earner?

It is well?
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by JAMANZE: 6:25am On Nov 23, 2022
Stop saying spreading fear, work for Obi to win first
Adexgentle005:

This is Nigeria. Cabals are still very much active. I’m obidient but that’s the fact.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by dexmond: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2022
Ijaw leaders should blame theirselves for not seeing the big picture. They helped to destroy their lands and when they wanted to correct it 8 of them were killed including Saro.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by IgOga(m): 7:24am On Nov 23, 2022
ScamHunter:
Nice
More opportunity to loot, unless Obi cuts them off with a victory in 2023.

grin grin grin

Ever ask yourself how Obi got $500 million in offshore account

Obi is no different to any politician. He even put Anambra money into his family business sadly.

I think the joke is on those of you who think Obi is your saviour

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by 007s(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2022
owobokiri:

Stay longer to do what?
That would have led them to be directly accused of being responsible for Nigerias failures.
The British are totally in charge of your Oil assets for decades now through shell.
All the major oil platforms in this country belongs to them.
Infact, in practical terms, Nigeria as a country does not own either her Oil or the assets. We pay rent on those who to big foreign Oil coys.
Do your checks..

You are wrong bro... very wrong
Oil and Gas contracts works in almost the same way in most countries. For instance, in a Profit Sharing Agreement, IOCs (like Shell) invest in oil and gas exploration and production, they recover cost of exploration and production first, then share profit with the government.
Note: The IOC pay Royalty to government irrespective of profit or not. So most times government receive Royalty, Tax, and share from profit. The amount that goes to IOCs at the end of the day may be a meagre 20 to 16% but they do all the works

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by 007s(m): 8:12am On Nov 23, 2022
snitchbitch:
At this era of green revolution

So there is still a nation of the world that is jubilating that it has discovered oil?

When everyone is thinking about how to diversify their economy from oil?

It's not our land that is faulty, it's our brains!

Let nobody deceive you, Oil will forever (i.e. in the forseable future) be relevant. From your food, to your drugs, to your clothes, everything comes from Oil.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 8:12am On Nov 23, 2022
JAMANZE:
Stop saying spreading fear, work for Obi to win first
I have been working for Obi and spreading the good news about him. But sometimes we just need to be realistic. An average northern won’t vote for Obi. And we know Obi needs the northern vote to win this election.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 8:16am On Nov 23, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

You still think we're playing in Nigeria?

You don't know Obi came fully prepared.

He will win and he will be sworn in and nothing will happen.
Ok. I couldn’t agree more. Let’s just hope for the best. But Obi needs the northern to win this election.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 23, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Walahi people always bashing the British.
Even though they get their own for body if the British stayed longer we would be another south Africa type in the making. Imagine British staying till 1990's.
Using our oil for massive infrastructure growth just as they did with mere cocoa and rubber.
It will be a situation of chop I chop, British chop 60% Nigerians chop40% (which is way better than the over 90% consumed by corrupt leaders).
Walahi we would have easily been the best country in Africa competing with the likes of India with massive infrastructural growth.

Nigeria has to be sold this time to the Chinese
una too like mumu talk. when the British left, people in villages still troop out to savour the ecstasy of seeing a car. Roads were untarred, no electric pole anywhere. Nigerians lived off farm produce like yam and palm oil and people were dying of disease from drinking erosion water(they'd put alum) as a result, you catch a boil and there's a worm inside. una no know wetin una dey talk. you think Brits know you exist? they only want to buy cheap cocoa, rubber etc and live lavishly in London.
You can't compare South Africa to Nigeria, British settled in South Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by sonature1: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2022
An oil well is like the ex of a womaniser.

When you have tested all the available styles with her, you just dump her and move to the next victim. They even call it abandonment in drilling cheesy

Oloibiri is now Nigeria's ex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Herbiodun09: 10:47am On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer

And maybe we would have been in a better mess than we are cheesy
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2022
Offpointng:

And Nigeria would have been twice better than it is atm. If they had stayed longer,some idiots wouldn't have ruled us

Nope, Nigeria would have been a broke country, with a poorly developed rural area, and a few developed urban centers..

The British would only provide anemites to areas that benefit them directly...they won't give your village light, or build a hospital in your local government area.

And most Nigerians would be poor. Very poor.

Nigeria is broke because we sell things like oil...whose prices does not favour us. Meanwhile, China is very rich because they sell manufactured goods and servicies at prices they set.....meaning they earn enough money.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 23, 2022
Spirit04:
una too like mumu talk. when the British left, people in villages still troop out to savour the ecstasy of seeing a car. Roads were untarred, no electric pole anywhere. Nigerians lived off farm produce like yam and palm oil and people were dying of disease from drinking erosion water(they'd put alum) as a result, you catch a boil and there's a worm inside. una no know wetin una dey talk. you think Brits know you exist? they only want to buy cheap cocoa, rubber etc and live lavishly in London.
You can't compare South Africa to Nigeria, British settled in South Africa

Even South Africa...MOST black people living in SA are poor, uneducated and definetly do not live in big houses with swimming pool.

Some areas of that country look developed, but those are the regions that benefit the whites directly.

3 Likes

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by ejimatic: 10:49am On Nov 23, 2022
robosky02:
Compare and contrast the first oil field in Oloibiri Bayelsa state southern Nigeria

The one in the Kolmani oil field site, located in Gombe/Bauchi States northern Nigeria

Note: picture 1 and 2 Bayelsa
Picture 3 and 4 Gombe

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+first+oil+field+in+oloibiri+nigeria&client=tablet-android-transsion&prmd=niv&source

https://dailytrust.com/north-oil-fields-nigeria-to-tap-1bn-barrels-from-first-reservoir/
If Briatain was aware of the oil in Oloibiri it would delay our independence till 2023!
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by riverbird: 10:49am On Nov 23, 2022
Now we can divide the false contraption peacefully

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by DennisEche(m): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Even though they get their own for body if the British stayed longer we would be another south Africa type in the making. Imagine British staying till 1990's.
Using our oil for massive infrastructure growth just as they did with mere cocoa and rubber.
It will be a situation of chop I chop, British chop 60% Nigerians chop40% (which is way better than the over 90% consumed by corrupt leaders).
Walahi we would have easily been the best country in Africa competing with the likes of India with massive infrastructural growth.

Guy , dont mind those people always blaming the White or English as the genesis of our problem. They forget to note that, if the White had stayed back till year 2000 we would have been better off than our current situation.
I wish the Oyibos never left us at the Mercy of those our useless greedy politicians.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by casualobserver: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2022
Offpointng:

And Nigeria would have been twice better than it is atm. If they had stayed longer,some idiots wouldn't have ruled us

We would never have seen the likes of Nzeogwu and Ironsi that changed the path of this country irreparably !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Myfuture01(m): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2022
Okay
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Onabeem(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer
It would have been better 4 Us sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:

Finally!

One Obidient has faced reality squarely!
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Parachoko: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2022
I can't blame Northerners for all this

Yes, I can blame the military guys for some of this issue, but to come dey blame Northern Politicians Lai Lai, I will not.

Jonathan became the president of Nigeria,he can't point to a single Tangible thing he did for the Niger Delta.

He didn't clean up any part of the Niger Delta,He didn't make sure any of the ports in the Niger Delta function effectively, I no fit point at a single tangible thing Jonathan did for us.

Immediately he was elected to become the President of Nigeria, Jonathan said there's nothing wrong with the structure of Nigeria and our unity is non negotiable.

Wetin Governors for Niger Delta dey do? Most of them just dey busy dey chop money without anything to show.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Fiscus105(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2022
ScamHunter:
Nice
More opportunity to loot, unless Obi cuts them off with a victory in 2023.

Obi that will use the money realise from it to buy investments that would latter turn next to nothing.

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Eriokanmi: 10:53am On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:

That's my fear..not whether he'd win or not. Obi will comfortably win next year's election. The question is, will they hand over to him? That's why I keep saying next year's election will either make or mar us as a nation
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
I wish they had stayed. Out lives would've been better
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

India has a large poor populaiton...it is just Nigeria with more industries.

(I know people who have lived in and visited India. ).

If the British stayed, we would have been even more underdeveloped than we are. The only developed regions would have been the areas considered useful to the British.

Nigeria is underdeveloped because we sell 2bn dollars worth of cocoa, which a company in Europe uses part of to make products worth 17 billion dollars. We only want to import things, not make them.

You want the British and Chinese to build nice things for you. That's not how it works.

2 Likes

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Candidlady: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2022
Offpointng:

Idont understand undecided
So you wanna be a slave

You wanna be ruled by some white beings kos you feel they are superior to you undecided

Iam confused

Viltron:

I wish they had stayed. Out lives would've been better

Onabeem:

It would have been better 4 Us sha

This is just bad

When you begin to wish your were still under your slave masters

Indeed freedom is overrated

Ireject friends like you guys

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila’s Security Aide Shoots Newspapers Vendor / Okorocha Meets Ihedioha, Peter Obi & PDP Members At A Burial In Imo (Photos) / Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.