Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision (700 Views)

Sad Truth About The Dating Pool / At A Charging Spot With A Lady Who Used Questionable Pictures As Her Wallpaper / Man Carries His Fiancee On His Shoulder Inside Swimming Pool In Pre-wedding Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Onolulu: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2022
My friend (32) is a single father of one in Nigeria with somewhat okay career in Nigeria. Few months ago, he hinted me about a lady he has been talking to who resides in Canada, but she is a Nigerian but now has Canadian citizen. They met online and the conversation has been decent and fruitful. The lady in question is single and she is 38yrs. According to what he told me, the lady has been in search of a partner to no avail. My friend is a goodlooking man, with excellent gift of the gab, the type that will make a woman drool. I wasnt in the know of how their communication shifted to dating, but it looks like the lady has interest in dating my friend. Their agreement was for her to come to Nigeria while they make arrangement toward getting married and all of that. And after some times, she will arrange for him to come to meet her in Canada.

This looks good on paper. But I have fear for my friend. We all know how Nigerian women are. If this woman has option of men in Canada, there is no way she will show interest in my friend. Ordinarily, Nigerian woman who secure job in Access bank will think of herself worthy of no man except gods because she is now independent and can take care of herself, not to talk of the one in Canada that will think herself undeserving of a man in a 3rd world country. Yeah, I have most of them as friends and this is usually their line of reasoning. Women dont date for love, they date the ones that are perceived better in look, finance and worth than them. Seems the inability to find a commited partner in Canada pushed the said lady to start making such decision. What if this man relocate and she pull the guilt card on him? Letting him realized how she brings him to canada

1 Like

Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Fmghewzy2: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2022
It can go both ways ,
They could end up together and have a lovely marriage.

And it could go south, just like you are thinking.
It's up to your friend to decide if he loves her enough to take the risk.

Simple.

And which one is Nigerian women blah blah blah.. undecided
Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2022
Onolulu:
My friend (32) is a single father of one in Nigeria with somewhat okay career in Nigeria. Few months ago, he hinted me about a lady he has been talking to who resides in Canada, but she is a Nigerian but now has Canadian citizen. They met online and the conversation has been decent and fruitful. The lady in question is single and she is 38yrs. According to what he told me, the lady has been in search of a partner to no avail. My friend is a goodlooking man, with excellent gift of the gab, the type that will make a woman drool. I wasnt in the know of how their communication shifted to dating, but it looks like the lady has interest in dating my friend. Their agreement was for her to come to Nigeria while they make arrangement toward getting married and all of that. And after some times, she will arrange for him to come to meet her in Canada.
What if this man relocate and she pull the guilt card on him? Letting him realized how she brings him to canada

Please evaluate your options well and if the main attraction is Canada, I'd advise you work hard and it will happen for you without a woman being involved.
Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by dawnomike(m): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2022
My brother @Op, leave your friend to his choice biko
Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Dshocker(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2022
Your friend dey play with fire....
Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Romanoff(f): 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
If you're here planning to relocate abroad, get married first or have a solid relationship before going.

The dating pool in the abroad is small and brutal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by marlow1962(m): 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
For a lady to stay till age 38 and in a foreign country with having any man in her life ( even common boyfriend self), means there’s something wrong with that lady.
Her character should be checked (my opinion) anytin that happens online is what they want you to see. Make you frnd mo go marry japa now, cun hear wiii later.

1 Like

Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Ballzproblem2: 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
you are just paranoid for nothing,your guy has nothing to lose
Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
marlow1962:
For a lady to stay till age 38 and in a foreign country with having any man in her life ( even common boyfriend self), means there’s something wrong with that lady.
Her character should be checked (my opinion) anytin that happens online is what they want you to see. Make you frnd mo go marry japa now, cun hear wiii later.

Not always true bro... There are decent ladies that we're not lucky to marry early in life. Some lack social skills and they didn't invest their time in the right relationships at the right time.

In this life, there are different scenarios, never judge.
Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by marlow1962(m): 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
Lagos2Berlin:

Not always true bro... There are decent ladies that we're not lucky to marry early in life. Some lack social skills and they didn't invest their time in the right relationships at the right time.

In this life, there are different scenarios, never judge.
Not judging
Re: Limited Dating Pool In Canada Pushing My Friend To Make Questionable Decision by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2022

(1) (Reply)

He Collected Back The Gifts and Items He Bought For His Ex Girlfriend / What Every Woman Desires / How To Naturally Discharge/break Up With A Lady You Dont Want Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.