Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly (1945 Views)

Police Stop #BringBackOurgirls# Group From Entering Aso Rock Today / Police Stop Million Man March For Buhari In Kano / Rivers Guber: Tension As Police Stop APC Rally In Okrika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 26, 2011
Salami: Police Stop Protesters From Entering N-assembly

As protesters call for his reinstatement

BY BATHOLOMEW MADUEKE

ABUJA – Protesters, under the aegis of National Frontiers, who attempted to stage a protest against the suspension of President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ayo Salami, at the National Assembly complex, Abuja, were yesterday stopped by security men from doing so.

They also called on President Goodluck Jonathan to reinstate Justice Salami in order to avoid the Libyan predicament in the nation.

Mobile policemen attached to the National Assembly complex did not only refuse the protesters entry but also prevented them from protesting in front of the complex.

Leader of the protesters and former president of the National Association of Nigeria Students, NANS, Mr. Wole Badmus, said “Justice Salami should be reinstated; unless that is done, what happened in Libya will repeat itself in Nigeria .This is injustice and injustice to one is injustice to all.”

According to him, a protest letter would be handed over to the Senate in request of President Goodluck Jonathan to reverse the removal of Justice Ayo Salami who was asked to vacate his office as President of Court of Appeal, following recommendations by National Judicial Council, NJC.

Although the protest was crippled by the presence of stern looking mobile policemen, the protesters flaunted their placards without reservation.

Inscriptions on some of the placards read: “Say no to Banana Republic; say no to indiscriminate suspension!” “Jonathan + NJC” “Judiciary on trial-Democracy on trial!” “Salami, victim of conscience-reinstate him now!” “Justice Salami, NJC suspends-Jonathan endorsed!” and “An injustice to one is an injustice to all, re-instate Justice Salami now”.
Source
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by itodoho(m): 2:08am On Aug 26, 2011
If only this protest was better organised and by this i mean a situation where every jobless youth,unpaid or underpaid worker,market men and women,hawkers,drivers and the entire people that constitute nigeria's enslaved workforce were involved, at least within the abuja metropolis.its high time we take our collective destinies in our hands, by force if necessary.no country has ever achieved democratic freedom through peacefull means.the north africans did it,the russians did it,the americans, aint we TIRED of doing nothing people?in your own little way,start something, make we REVOLT!
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by itodoho(m): 2:08am On Aug 26, 2011
If only this protest was better organised and by this i mean a situation where every jobless youth,unpaid or underpaid worker,market men and women,hawkers,drivers and the entire people that constitute nigeria's enslaved workforce were involved, at least within the abuja metropolis.its high time we take our collective destinies in our hands, by force if necessary.no country has ever achieved democratic freedom through peacefull means.the north africans did it,the russians did it,the americans, aint we TIRED of doing nothing people?in your own little way,start something, make we REVOLT!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by edicolove: 3:58am On Aug 26, 2011
so what are they protesting? that the ACN judge should be reinstated to give favourable judgements to ACN? They are only making Salami look more and more compromised and indicting him terribly.
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by cryingbaby: 4:40am On Aug 26, 2011
Its time the government stop double standard please Goodluck don't allow bad politician dictated to you re-instate salami
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by ogbongzky(m): 6:07am On Aug 26, 2011
itodo ho:

U've got the guts?
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by luluosas(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2011
I don't know why any time we try to form a formidable force against criminality in the land, some lie low government apologists will swoop our the collective move. For the blind people accusing Salami of being an acn judge, was he also the one that gave the judgment that sacks pdp in my State, Edo? Be courteous in your reasonings please!
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 26, 2011
NANS president is a numbskull! Why him never lead protest to national assembly on d issue of unemployment of our graduates? Bloody ACN cockroach.
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by teskyg: 8:44am On Aug 26, 2011
I guess Lai Mohammed and Bola Tinubu 's children were part of the protesters.The protesters should have been shot with Live ammunition.Sometime i wonder what the security agents are doing when fools such as Badmus make inciting comments.

He should have been tear gas and thrown into a cell for a very long period to serve as deterrents to others.
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by luvinhubby(m): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2011
Protest crowds are cheap to rent in Abuja, N500 each person, i can arrange more for ACN and Tinubu. yeye people. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by gokuu(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2011
luvinhubby:

Protest crowds are cheap to rent in Abuja, N500 each person, i can arrange more for ACN and Tinubu. yeye people. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
so its now N500? The last one i did for SNG, i was given N1,000. Hmmn, seems surplus of jobless youths have pushed down prices!
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by superstar1(m): 10:19am On Aug 26, 2011
so becos ACN is on the verge of losing their corrupt stooge, they are now shouting. where are the children of tinubu and his cohorts in the protest, busy largessing with their fathers stolen money all around the world.Justice Salami shd go and sit down jare. Was he indicted and corrput , YES. Who induced him, ACN. So, why wont they be making noise.We nigerians are wiser than all these political gimmicks of ACN. If u want me to join in the protest, creedit my account wit part of tinubu and his cohorts loots and i want to see 100 of their children at the forefront of the protest.they are busy hiding their children in UK, US and SA and you are looking for hungry peeps that you will distribute 500 to protest, lailai
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by Kolababa: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
I have written it several topics on this forum that some contributors like "luluosas" are intelectual bankrupt. Because Justice Salami is upright, he is ACN judge abi. The question is did those governors that were removed by court not rig the election. How do you expect a judge to allow an election in which the number of votes cast for PDP doubled the number of registered voters in that local government. Must all judges be appologists of PDP like Katsina Alu? This is not the first time incorruptible judges would be victimised in Nigeria. Look at Justice Olubunmi Oyewole of Lagos High Court that convicted Bode George of PDP, this judge was denied promotion by the NJC for no other thing than the fact that he convicted Bode George. Interstingly, when Bode George was convicted, PDP said Tinubu was responsible for Bode George conviction. Didn't baba George steal NPA money? I know PDP appologists like luluosas will praise a judge in Asaba that cleared James Ibori of any graft or the judge that gave an indefinite ruling in PortHarcourt that Peter Odili should never be investigated for corruption.
Now back to the topic, you can see the level of hypocrisy of your clueless GEJ. Members of the Abuja protest were arrested in Abuja because they are calling for a protest like that of Libya to happen in Nigeria. This same GeJ government that order their arrest is now backing the rebels' action in Libya. This is why South Africa critisized Nigeria for double standard.ce Olubunmi Oyewole of Lagos High Court that convicted Bode George of PDP, this judge was denied promotion by the NJC for no other thing than the fact that he convicted Bode George. Interstingly, when Bode George was convicted, PDP said Tinubu was responsible for Bode George conviction. Didn't baba George steal NPA money? I know PDP appologists like luluosas will praise a judge in Asaba that cleared James Ibori of any graft or the judge that gave an indefinite ruling in PortHarcourt that Peter Odili should never be investigated for corruption.
Now back to the topic, you can see the level of hypocrisy of your clueless GEJ. Members of the Abuja protest were arrested in Abuja because they are calling for a protest like that of Libya to happen in Nigeria. This same GeJ government that order their arrest is now backing the rebels' action in Libya. This is why South Africa critisized Nigeria for double standard.
Re: Police Stop Salami Protesters From Entering National Assembly by patwilly(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2020
itodoho:

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai's Interesting Perspective On The Thisday Bomb Attack / The Reuben Abati They Did Not Know By Sonala Olumhense / Why BRT Buses Are In Very Bad Shape- Lagos Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.