Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Building A Bungalow In Lagos - Properties (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Bungalow In Lagos (56552 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by semitunde: 12:04am On Aug 14, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You're welcome Sir.

I intend to have an aluminum tank built for me. The sizing of it will depend on the output pressure I desire. As you stated so eloquently the larger the volume of the source tank the more pressure you'll get at the output if everything is equal.

There are also various tricks one can use to increase pressure. You can simply use a smaller valve coming out, this narrowing of the stream increases pressure. Think of a garden hose when you are washing cars.

Nice. This goes back to the argument I was having. Tricks to improve pressure from an overhead water storage.

You know, the size of the tank has to be commensurate with the rate of water use. If its too small, you'd have low pressure and maybe overworked pumps and flow switch; while if its too big ( much bigger than the rate of use, as determined by family size amongst other factors), you'll have the tank building up sedimentation and would require frequent cleaning. The water might also attract bacteria.

Now the argument, if we determine that we can't have a large tank based on use, we can change the size of the outlet pipe from the tank. The contention was whether to make it smaller or to make it larger. I had to conceed that making the pipe larger would guarantee more pressure.

Pressure, especially from a High level tank is formed/ affected by the weight of water under gravity multiplied by the cross sectional area of its container. When the container is the tank you have the effect of pressure for a tank; while having the commensurate pressure for water in a pipe before it comes out, as the diameter of that pipe.

Practically, I noticed that the pressure from the tap at our car park is much higher than the one in the house. I later noticed that the pipe entering my flat was half inch while the one that goes to the other flat ( and branching to the car park) is one inch. Surfice to say, if the tap outside or the one in the other flat is opened, water pressure drops at my place. If I had 2inches pipe entering my house, I'm sure I'll be having the higher pressure.

If you want to get higher pressure, increase the pipe size from the source.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida / Tree Falls On Man's Bed In Delta Moments After Waking Up. Photos / How Many Rooms Can One Build In A Plot Of Land 50x100?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.