Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola (4147 Views)

Photos: Midnight Voting In Bayelsa (#bayelsadecides). / INEC Extends Voting In 300 Polling Units Out 150,000 / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by hollandis(f): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2011
Some yaba merchandisers recently expressed regrets voting in fashola.There was a clash between kai and the marketers that caused a stampede in Yaba recently leading to the closure of the market
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by 9to5365(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2011
Yes, this is usual. People that use thugs to win elections also tend to institutionalize the thugs and continue to use them. See what Hitler did with the brown shirts.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by djustice: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2011
Fashola has always been a fascist in the mould of Tinubu, his godfather. Just check how much media column and time is spent talking about his virtues like he's some dem-god, yet he's just a common thief, just like Tinubu, using his personal companies to steal money from the government. Plycon and Deux Projects are just two of the ones he owns.

The Brownshirts analogy IS the correct one, with Lie Mohammed and Joe Igbokwe both vying internally for the position of Goebells.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Demdem(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2011
hollandis:

Some yaba merchandisers recently expressed regrets voting in fashola.There was a clash between kai and the marketers that caused a stampede in Yaba recently leading to the closure of the market

Some Yaba merchandisers = Lagosians.
Most likely these guys arent even up to 20.
grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by PointB: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2011
^^^
They are still lagosians and have the rights to express their views on governance.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Demdem(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2011
PointB:

^^^
They are still lagosians and have the rights to express their views on governance.

and what did i say to refute what u wrote above.
I was disappointed on entering the thread. i had expected like say at least a local government area or a tangible number.
even before he was voted in, he had enemies and those that never wanted him and that was why he didnt achieve 100% in the polls. grin grin grin
so there is nothing new here, try again.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Gbawe: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
Demdem:

I was disappointed on entering the thread. i had expected like say at least a local government area or a tangible number.
even before he was voted in, he had enemies and those that never wanted him and that was why he didnt achieve 100% in the polls. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Abi OOOO !!!!
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by PointB: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2011
Demdem:

We are saying the same thing. Even one person have the right to protest; Late Tai Solarin once did one man riot!

By the way, how did you arrive at 20? I didn't see any figure by the OP. But you somehow was able to conjure one! Fantastic!   grin

**edited**
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by seanet02: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2011
[size=30pt]Buncha Group of PDP Ediots[/size]
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by hollandis(f): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2011
djustice:

Fashola has always been a fascist in the mould of Tinubu, his godfather. Just check how much media column and time is spent talking about his virtues like he's some dem-god, yet he's just a common thief, just like Tinubu, using his personal companies to steal money from the government. Plycon and Deux Projects are just two of the ones he owns.

The Brownshirts analogy IS the correct one, with Lie Mohammed and Joe Igbokwe both vying internally for the position of Goebells.
It is lamentable that he was re-elected based on his antecedent.His present actions overtly or covertly is an insult to lagosians
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Demdem(m): 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
PointB:

We are saying the same thing. Even one may has the rest to protest; Late Tai Solarin did it once!

so u knew this and u still went ahead to tackle my statement? Are u Beaf?

By the way, how did you arrive at 20? I didn't see any figure by the OP. But you somehow was able to conjure one! Fantastic!   grin

Most likely these guys arent even up to 20: what does that mean to u? is there any emphatic conclusion in that statement?

Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
Any resident that knew what Lagos used to be like and disparages Fashola for cleaning up Oshodi or Yaba must not be a son of the soil.

If you don't like what the governor is doing to restore sanity to the state then apparently you are not a contributor to the "Keep Lagos clean" policy and so your ar/se need to pack up and leave for somewhere else where the governor and the people tolerate filth
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by luvinhubby(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
Lagos state govt. have been economical with truth on that matter. KAI officials arrested a young trader and was about taking him into a black maria when he escaped and tried running across the road but was knocked down and killed by a vehicle. When the KAI officials came back to the market, they were attacked, beaten up and fatally wounded by the angry traders. In reaction the govt. sealed the market.
Those KAI people are thugs and area boys.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Demdem(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
luvinhubby:

Lagos state govt. have been economical with truth on that matter. KAI officials arrested a young trader and [b]was about taking him into a black maria when he escaped and tried running across the road but was knocked down and killed by a vehicle. [/b]When the KAI officials came back to the market, they were attacked,  beaten up and fatally wounded by the angry traders.  In reaction the govt. sealed the market.
  Those KAI people are thugs and area boys.

May the soul of the departed rest in perfect peace. AMEN.
However, it was wrong for him to have done the bolded.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by PointB: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
Demdem:

May the soul of the departed rest in perfect peace. AMEN.
However, it was wrong for him to have done the bolded.

The KAI officials are bunch of glorified area boys! And what are they doing with black-maria, and why are they harassing simple traders who are just trying to make ends meets. Are they police or task force? all these numerous paramilitaries (Kai, lastma etc)are set up as attack dogs by the government to molest citizens and obtain bribes to fill their paymaster's cover.

This is very sad!  sad sad sad sad angry angry
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Ournaija: 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
The use of thugs by state agents like LASMA, KAI, Police, Army etc will never serve the people any good. The same KAI guys go from markets to markets to collects money from traders. Here in Lagos KAIs are lords. The fear of KAI by traders in Lagos is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by strongguy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
i think the first four years was active but these one ahhhhhhh
o su mi oooo
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by CyrilO1: 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
Where una brain dey whn una dey vote.mak una no vex, 2015 no far
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Kaestro(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
Fashola cannot over see over 18 million people, period. Talk of law enforcements, someone tell me in which country their law enforcement agents don't abuse the power.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2011
These Blind Haters Don come again, una no dey tire?
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by DAY12(m): 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
government can't satisfy everyone, r.i.p to d guy dat lost his life in a struggle . embarassed
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by tefund(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2011
no human being is perfect ,fashola is not an exception
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Pukkah: 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2011
hollandis:

There's really no detail here on which to base one's decision or comment.

Who are Yaba merchandisers? What do they sell? How many are they? What led to the clash with KAI officials? When did the incident take place? What is the resolution by and reaction of the Lagos State government? Was the market closed because of the stampede or another thing happened? How did they express regrets voting in Fashola?

In any case, you should provide an independent and verifiable source for this report.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Misbee(f): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2011
I wonder why sum pipo can not compliment gud work.chei!.What would u hav done if u r in dat position?am very sure many pipo wil mess up.Let pipo think rite please.dnt put al d blames on Fashola.u too help Lagos in ur own little way ok.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:18am On Aug 27, 2011
We better stop decieving ourselves by thinking some politicans are better than others they are all the same inrespective of the party they belong to
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by femmy2010(m): 8:23am On Aug 27, 2011
Am a Lagosian an satisfied with Fashola's doing.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Rgp92: 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
[size=30pt]
"Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten so take it as a lesson learned and move on."[/size]
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by djustice: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
femmy2010:

Am a Lagosian an satisfied with Fashola's doing.

No, my friend, YOU are a liar, not a Lagosian.

Which part of Lagos State are you from? Which family is your own? What is the name of your compound? Oni yeye, atounrinwa lasan lasan!
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by mavee1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2011
What really happen in yaba market is that the KAI people came to arrest arrest so for the marketers that were not giving them their usual money one of the arrested boy attempt to run and got knocked down by incoming
Vehicle and die at instant so the marketers provoked by the death of their cauleague fought the KAI boys the next day their market were shot down.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by KDULAR: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
I want to believe that all those 5that responded to this thread are educated. You can be arrested over any offense or crime.If it is even a dog or an ant that has the authority of the government to arrest you, he should,and iot becomes another offense to resist a lawful arrest. It is unfortunate that the guy died however had it been in a saner society, the dead gtuy will be tried in absentia and sentence will be passed on him.
So we need to remove sentiments from reasoning, the guy killede himself and nobody shopuld be blamed for that. He suppose to have known better. Do you just look and laugh when an arrested offender decides to escape from your custody Even if you never reach overseas, you never watch movies from there what law enforces do in such situation? Abeg embarassed embarassed

area boys or not, what kinda people do you expect to be employed for such jobs? You guys are not even happy that some people who could have been amongst the unemployed are now gainfully employed and doing the necessary dirty job you are I will never think of doing .Some of us are just pathetic in our criticisms. Most in their home states are not even close to what they get in Lag grin grin grin grin grin grin
Fasola is not perfect nor the govt , however, when something is good do not derail and abuse it praise and encourage it and stop playing politics.
Lastly, promote law and order rather than endorse lawlessness.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2011
It is a general norm that the more uniforms or para-military authorities that exist in any society the more policed and hence more dictatorial the government.

Lagos state government and Lagos as a whole has more than its fair share of uniformed authorities with the right to detain, arrest and eventually prosecute individuals or seal up properties. The Lagos state government has the means to achieve this through their constituted laws and edicts in any Lagos State court. But what I find really disturbing is where exactly do individuals who ere the state government and are eventually detained or sentenced find themselves?
Federal Prisons.

Since Lagos state and virtually all states in the Country don't operate Prisons, the situation has lead to serious prison overcrowding especially at the awaiting-trial wings.

So lets presume that Lagos state government in future decides to legislate on say dress codes for women in public (which they could), the FG and hence the rest of the country will have to foot the bill on their eventual "rehabilitation" of erring offenders in federal operated and finaced Prisons. Exactly the same situation going on in Sharia-operated states in the north.

The state government isn't concerned about the conditions at which those citizens she percieved have wronged society are to be rehabilated. Most of the criminal codes being enforced and prosecuted by these state agencies usually comes with the option of a fine. The argument, thus being is this another revenue generation outlet? After all KAI officials need to be paid.

The brown shirt analogy isn't so far off given the hindsight of the inherent fascist tendencies state governors administer their tenure.
Re: Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola by ochukoccna: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2011
Fashola's government is not perfect, no doubt
Yet was he the one that caused the dude to resist arrest and get killed?
Her wanted to be smart and got killed is bad enough
His Ibo brothers retaliated and beat up government officials to revenge
Trust their jungle justice grin grin grin grin grin
Now they are temporarily out of work and the KAI out of bribes
Moral: Both sides need each other to survive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Group Demands Secession, Calls On Un To Conduct Referendum / “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! / Religious Crisis In Malali Kaduna North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.