Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi (17738 Views)

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / 2023: North East Elders Endorse Peter Obi Of Labour Party / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by floret23(f): 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2022
A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, has given reasons for endorsing the Labour Party (LP) Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi and his running mate Yusuf Datti Ahmed as his candidate ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Lawan in a statement disclosed that the Obi/Datti administration will give Nigeria a breath of fresh air, expressing that they have what it takes to redeem the country.

His statement partly reads, “The Obi/Datti will give us a breath of fresh air and the greatest opportunity to redeem our country from the quagmire into which we have been plunged by a recurring group of self-centred reactionaries.

There is also this palpable fear and anxiety over a possible transition of the current presidency from one Fulbe to another – same tribe, same religion, same region, same courtiers. This has given rise to a heightened fear of a possible perpetuation of a Fulbe hegemony in the country. Besides, there is the perception by many Nigerians that the Fulbe are the main actors in the banditry and kidnappings currently ravaging the country. Therefore, there is a widespread perception that another Fulbe-led government will not have the inclination or political will to address the country’s security challenges seeing as a majority of the perpetrators are its kin.

There is also this perception that appointments by the current government are driven more by ethnic and religious cronyism than by Nationalistic considerations. This has given rise to a fear of a possible perpetuation of this trend by another Fulbe-led government. Both APC and PDP present us with these horrible options. The Obi/Datti ticket possesses great potential to wean us from these problems.

“Finally, as the political campaigns advance towards the election dates, the tendency to divide the country along regional, tribal and religious affiliations is gradually beginning to manifest. We can see very clearly that the APC has woefully failed in its original plan to instigate a form of jihad which it had sought through its same-faith ticket in order to capture the Muslim votes, and has now resorted to a tribal card. The battle cry is now “it is our turn” tribal card in the South-West.”
https://independent.ng/why-i-chose-to-endorse-peter-obi-babachir-lawal/

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Chinjo2: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2022
Babachir Lawal stated frankly that the election is a two horse race between Atiku and Peter Obi. He is even tipping kwankwaso to have more votes than Tinubu.

214 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by dumahi(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
Great!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
Obi's votes in Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi will shock many..

229 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by habsydiamond(m): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2022
This country will be great again.. I smell another independence but this time from bad governance, fraud.. this coming election will be a shock to the shockers and the shockees

168 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Supremos: 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
This is nothing but the truth

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Eyesstone(f): 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
shocked
Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by iSense247: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2022
... the tendency to divide the country along regional, tribal and religious affiliations is gradually beginning to manifest. We can see very clearly that the APC has woefully failed in its original plan to instigate a form of jihad which it had sought through its same-faith ticket in order to capture the Muslim votes, and has now resorted to a tribal card. The battle cry is now “it is our turn” tribal card in the South-West.”
No SENSIBLE Christian will vote APC Muslim-Muslim ticket at this time in Nigeria when there's a good and balanced alternative in Peter Obi. We real Yoruba Christians of Southwest say NO to muslim-terrorist ticket. You can't Islamise us again.

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Righthussle: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
If not for poverty who will choose Atiku or Tinubu over Obi at this time.

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by nabiz(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
floret23:
https://independent.ng/why-i-chose-to-endorse-peter-obi-babachir-lawal/
APC really insulted northern christians. After peter obi the president is going to northern christian. Or an indigenous hausa man.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Pakute: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Why is every loser following Peter Obi?

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by iSense247: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2022
Pakute:
One urchins spotted.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by JosephXavier: 6:00am On Nov 25, 2022
Seeing how Peter Obi rose to be accepted nationally is an example of what integrity does for you

There was a time they mocked him with " his party has no structure", "nobody knows him in the north", and "he can only win in SE" to now being endorsed in every part of the country

I watched the whole interview and there was the part where Babachir Lawal said that in the north Peter Obi's name is on everybody's lips

Even those that tried to blackmail him by spreading lies against him ended up giving him free publicity and recognition

Obi is the next president

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by tuoyoojo(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2022
I have always asked people if buhari were from the South would the north allow another southern rule again

Take the GEJ case as an example

What is the message that pdp is sending, that southerners do not have the ability to rule

Despite all the years of the North being in power, what has the north gained from it asides benefiting a few elites

Peter obi has always said the northern arable land is the new oil of the North. The north has more to gain if they vote for obi esp the common man in the north

Then Apc came with the Muslim Muslim ticket to add salt to injury

I campaign for Obi not because he would give any thing but the common man must feel the impact of good governance

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by theophorus(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2022
To think you were SGF under the same party for 8yrs get as he be ooo.

The "it is my turn" things was even before the Primaries but to think you are spewing things around to suit your narratives is appalling.

Well, I hope PO wins so that He can help replay some actions, so that the 21st century kids can understand why 1966 happened and whose actions led this nation to this wahala.

Check the ministries under Ngige and Onu and see all the people that were recruited, then check what they did to Mbaka and now Soludo, probably it will help you understand how they would self distrust just as they help GEJ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Mumusaphire: 6:00am On Nov 25, 2022
Still d besr among others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by CalabarPikin: 6:02am On Nov 25, 2022
No need to give us other reasons
The main reason is that you're sensible. That's all. Jah bless

Jah bless Nigeria
Jah bless the outgoing president M. Buhari
Jah bless the incoming president HE Peter Obi

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Mumusaphire: 6:02am On Nov 25, 2022
iSense247:
No SENSIBLE Christian will vote APC Muslim-Muslim ticket at this time in Nigeria when there's a good and balanced alternative in Peter Obi. We real Yoruba Christians of Southwest say NO to muslim-terrorist ticket. You can't Islamise us again.
let forget about religion. No sensible Nigerians will vote for tinubu or apc if truly they want better country.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Nairalander248: 6:02am On Nov 25, 2022
Why won't you endorse him? All of Una don see that ObiDatti movement is gathering momentum....

Won't be surprised If Tinubu stepdown and vote Obi next year...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by norriswood(m): 6:02am On Nov 25, 2022
iSense247:
One urchins spotted.
.. he's looser..whose responsible candidate will choose him or dogara as vice president, people that doesn't have electoral values

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Erasinop: 6:02am On Nov 25, 2022
You chose right my dear

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by babyfaceafrica: 6:03am On Nov 25, 2022
Nobody ask you story oga, choose your candidate and move.. All these noise is not needed
Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by jubrilELsudan: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2022
OBI KERERENKE OBI KERERENKE OBI KERERENKE OBI KERERENKE OBI KERERENKE OBI KERERENKE OBI KERERENKE OBI KERERENKE

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by ThEGodBRoThEr1: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2022
Pakute:

5 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by OBALOLA55(m): 6:05am On Nov 25, 2022
Eyesstone:
shocked
WETIN HAPPEN angry
Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by coconutbag: 6:06am On Nov 25, 2022
I wish Nigerians will have the strength to vote wisely after eating the money the thieves will share.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by adioolayi(m): 6:07am On Nov 25, 2022
Babachair Lawal...you have been heard loud and clear..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Invest4growth: 6:08am On Nov 25, 2022
Does your endorsement matter? You are seeking relevance with intent to corner our common wealth while using legal somersault to your advantage. It is your to vote for whomsoever you wish. No one will deny you that right but holding national office is an abberation for the type Lawal.

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by MVLOX(m): 6:15am On Nov 25, 2022
Ok na
Re: Babachir Lawal: Why I Chose To Endorse Peter Obi by Marpol2021(m): 6:17am On Nov 25, 2022
Another supporter of druglord sighted...
norriswood:
.. he's looser..whose responsible candidate will choose him or dogara as vice president, people that doesn't have electoral values

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State / El-Rufai's 'The Accidental Public Servant' Book Launch (Pictures) / National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.