Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,105 members, 7,863,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Settled. Everything has been resolved - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Settled. Everything has been resolved (5020 Views)

This Issue Has Been RESOLVED / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc / Finally I have settled to buy Vernee T3 Pro Smartphone 3GB RAM 16GB ROM Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
You have been ignoring me already. The only time you reply my chat is when I call you out.

Not true, I didn't reply because there is a discussion going on with this issue on the Google pixel thread, and I replied when it was over
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 8:41am On Nov 27, 2022
I
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 8:44am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
You copied the same thing in the Google pixel thread and pasted here. The only difference is, I in the other thread you said the person that got the Pixel 2 (white).

And the person came out and said he had issues too.

Now you said it's the person that got the pixel 4.
You're liar.

I advertised 3 phones

The 2nd person came in person to my shop to get the 2nd Google pixel 2
And the third person got Google pixel 4 which I sent to Osun State
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 8:45am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2022
I
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2022
This is the message the person that got the pixel 4 sent to me

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 8:55am On Nov 27, 2022
This are the conversation between me and the guy that got the pixel 4

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2022
Igemburg:
This are the conversation between me and the guy that got the pixel 4

Did you assure Goalty01 that there was nothing wrong with the phone?

1 Like

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Did you assure Goalty01 that there was nothing wrong with the phone?
Yes I did, because o tested the phone to be working well.
He told me that the phone will be working fine till when it got to 30% it will go off, but when testing I didn't experience this.
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:01am On Nov 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2022
This is further testimony from the person that got the pixel 4

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2022
Igemburg:

Yes I did, because o tested the phone to be working well.
He told me that the phone will be working fine till when it got to 30% it will go off, but when testing I didn't experience this.

Was there any guarantee that he could return the phone if found defective?

Any sort of proof of guarantee?
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 9:06am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
You lied about the pixel 2 white.. first you said the buyer was from Abuja. And you send it.

Now you said the person came to your chop.

You refused to talk about this. Now you're bringing pixel 4 to the matter.

And all those screenshots of the pixel 4 is just a normal conversation between a buyer and seller.

Bro you scammed me big time

Lol, someone committed to buy from Abuja during our conversation then, and he didn't send money on time before this man called me that he is interested and he is in Lagos.

The same guy have bought a Nokia phone from me before which he testified it served him well.
I wish the guy see this post and confirm this
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Was there any guarantee that he could return the phone if found defective?

Any sort of proof of guarantee?

None sir!
Its a UK used phone, so I didn't issue guarantee.
All I was trying to do is give him solution to the problem. I offer to replace the battery. It's up to him.
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
Igemburg advertised google pixel 2 on GOOGLE PIXEL THREAD.

I reached out to him and after negotiations and he assuring me that the phone is ok. Nothing is wrong with it. I paid him and he sent the phone to me.

Upon receiving the phone. One side of the screen was partially opened.
Few hours after using the phone, its started going on and off.

I complained to him, he told me maybe it was the battery. I reminded him how I asked him if anything is wrong with the phone and he said No. Why now?

He said he didn't notice. But that I should change the battery.

I told him I wasn't ready for this. He wanted me to send the phone back and change the battery, looking at the cost and stress of returning it back.

I told him I will make an Enquiry at my place, if I possibly find someone that sells pixel 2 battery and repairs I will let him know.

Fortunately I found one. I got back to him immediately.

Story changed when I asked for money to replace it.

He started ignoring my messages.

He knew he sold a scrap to me.

I later found a buyer for the phone. With all the issues the person was willing to buy. But only with a receipt.

I contact him to issue a receipt. He kept dragging me and giving me conditions because I called him out on Nairaland.

Unfortunately the phone died off while using. I was on YouTube.

It can charge nor ON anymore.

And the buyer said he can't buy anymore.

That is how I just wasted 50k for nothing.

Bro, you have to calm down.

He didn't scam you.

You both agreed on a certain product, he sent it. You discovered that the phone had issues. He claimed he didn't know the phone had issues.

What you should have done was either return the phone or just count your losses and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2022

5 Likes

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2022
Igemburg:

None sir!
Its a UK used phone, so I didn't issue guarantee.
All I was trying to do is give him solution to the problem. I offer to replace the battery. It's up to him.

OK.

OP has misunderstood the issue as a scam.

I think you people should just let it go.

It is not uncommon case in business of this kind.

I have brought a laptop before where the keyboards did not work properly. The seller offered to replace them, but I thought of the stress of returning and waiting, so I told him not to worry.

OP obviously doesn't understand how it works.
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 9:18am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
Lol. Your alternative account too right.

Count my loss on top my 50k.

If you will kind enough to send me 50k no p

Someone intervened and you called this my alternative account? You don't do this bro, it's not right.

So why did you create this thread if you don't want people to intervene

Why did you now create this thread
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:18am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
Lol. Your alternative account too right.

Count my loss on top my 50k.

If you will kind enough to send me 50k no p

Bro, this is not a SCAM case.

I am not fighting you.

Take the case to the police and watch them laugh at you.
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2022

Igemburg:

Someone intervened and you called this my alternative account? You don't do this bro, it's not right.

So why did you create this thread if you don't want people to intervene

Why did you now create this thread
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2022
Thank you

BluntTheApostle:

Bro, this is not a SCAM case.

I am not fighting you.

Take the case to the police and watch them laugh at you.

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Goalty01: 9:28am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by Igemburg(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
So you wanted me to forget about the phone issue that is why you kept using delay tactics right. Nice one.

Refund my money or pay for a replacement of the battery.

I offered to replace your battery before and it would been done

Now this you dragged me and rub my reputation on the mud, how do we deal with it?

You have to go to all the places you dragged me and confess I didn't scam you and apologize before I will go ahead to replace your battery
Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by devilmaycry: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2022
I can understand op
The reason I dnt deal with computer Village peeps...90% of them are crooks .

50k ain't a small money u can throw around these days

What op should have done is to send the phone back ...say to someone in lagos to follow up the repair process with the seller because if I am a seller and I sell a phone to you but you complain of fault ,I will still need to check cos u might as well be lying just to extort money from me ....not debunking the fact op is telling the truth...im just saying it's a two way thing

I believe op have learnt his lesson ....do only physical transaction and have peace of mind

5 Likes

Re: Settled. Everything has been resolved by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:34am On Nov 27, 2022
Goalty01:
Thank you

Let me educate you on the law.

There are laws that protect consumers and sellers alike.

One common law is that sellers are liable for defective products, but not for latent defects.

What are latent defects? Defects that materialize when the buyer takes delivery of the goods.

You took delivery and noticed a part of the screen was open. It could have happened in transit, in which case, the seller may not be aware.

The battery goes on and off at 30%. The seller denied knowledge of this.

You had your chance when the seller asked you to return the product. You said you could find a repairer. You found one, but the seller found the cost too high.

How is the seller to blame in this matter?

Did he not offer to replace your battery for you?

And you are here calling him a scammer? And falsely accusing me of being an alternate account.

Please, tell me what the seller did wrong. I am waiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sis File Not Installin On My E71 / Whatsapp Version Outdated But Can't Update / Hiw To Borrow Money From MTN Without Having To Pay Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.