Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Is There Something Wrong With Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Something Wrong With Me? (749 Views)

There Is Absolutely Something Wrong With My Pregnancy / What Do You Think Is Wrong With African Style Of Parenting? / What Is Wrong With My Mom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Harmony22: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2022
This is going to be a long narration to pour out my mind very well, let me apologize for boring you with my story first.
I got married just about one and half years ago to a lady who has once had a child when she in her first year to a man who is now living in the usa with his family he is an expatriate and works in oil company. Obviously we didn't get to court that long before she get pregnant and I don't know either by principle or by desperation I just wanted her to keep the pregnancy despite that she do even threaten to terminate it whenever we had quarrels but I try to appease her not to do it and I think that sacrifice is one of the best I ever made in my life whenever I look into the eyes of my 6 months old child with his cuteness. I must mentioned she made it known to me before we finally agree to settle down that she has a kid and I don't think It really bothers me, I saw some potentials I do love in her and that's what matters to me but sometimes I feel we could be having conflict of interest on the long run as she is a Christian and I'm a Muslim but I still feel we can always talk about them which I actually practice doing and it works. However,it is her baby daddy that always send money for the upkeep of her daughter and of course she had made it clear to me initially as regard to that so I have always known I'm not responsible for it, and that keeps her and her baby daddy in constant communication every now and then especially whenever she needs something for her daugther, though I don't really have issues with it because I believe even the little communication they are having will soon fade away by the time she got a job as she has about 4 offers while we were courting then that I believe one will work out for her. Unfortunately none of the job work out. The point is years of depending on the baby daddy for the upkeep of her daughter is even making her to see him as a meal ticket as he is living up to his responsibility as far financial aspect is concern. I start to get worried at a certain point when the baby daddy call at odd hours sometimes 12 p.m or 1 a.m in the night.initially I let it pass because I feel like he is in the US probably that's the time he could call when he is free from work and due to the time difference they are in the evening time there. But one day I had to take it personal for her because my wife is even a kind of woman that is very jealous as well as she do peep through my phone and react aggressively whenever she sees a chat that indicate me flirting with a woman or a woman flirting with me. In the course of taking that habit of her baby daddy personal with her she noticed my attitude and wanted to know what's wrong so I had to tell her because I don't want her to start sneakily communicating with him because I know the password to her phone. At a certain point I choose to become vigilant so I started to peep through her phone secretly despite that I'm not a type of someone that does that infact for the few times I check her phone I just go straight to read her babydaddy messages with her. And some things I could deduce from those messages is this . 1. Her babydaddy likes to flirt with her 2. I feel sometimes she try to make money off her child upkeep why I said she see him as a meal ticket earlier.3 Sometimes she try to appease her babydaddy because she needed him to respond swiftly to the needs of her daugther
And I must say that during the course of our courtship, I realized the babydaddy would have love to have her as her Nigeria wife and he gave her so many incentive to influence that but she choose to be with me.
Her daughter don't live with us except on holidays.
I'm doing very well for myself as well , infact very comfortable enough as a man that's capable to settle down before I marry her....
Sometimes ago when we do have some serious quarrel she always utter some disgusting statement that I just let pass that it is women talk, and there was a time she threatened me that i don't give her money and I don't want her to ask outside and I was broke then her mom had to interfere and I told her mom point blank that I won't live by anybody's standard if it is 10 naira that I have it is that 10 naira we will manage. Sometimes I feel some of her disgusting statement would sound blackmailing like I don't like her daughter or because she is a Christian but the point is sometimes or let me say every now and then I feel threatened that am I married to a woman with two husbands and it's killing my vibes. And there is no way I could cut her off totally from communicating with her babydaddy without her giving the impression that I don't like her daughter. And for once the conflict of interest I think it doesn't matter is really giving me concern.
Just want to make this as short as possible.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by madridguy(m): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2022
Marrying a single mother is like marrying someone else wife. You cannot enjoy her so far her baby's daddy is alive.

My brother, how can you start a football match with 1-0 in her favor?

She will continue to hold on with the guy as her plan B, no be woman, even if she secure a good job she will still be asking money from her baby daddy.

If you will listen to me, go and get yourself a second wife as soon as possible because the big bang is around the corner already.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by VeryWickedGoat: 8:40am On Nov 29, 2022
Another fake thread created by a pained Nairaland feminist. grin grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Itzurboi(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2022
I really understand you, reason i tell some of my close folks to always try to gauge things from the expected end, only then can they enjoy the ride...
The reality is you can't stop the communication now, especially when your wife sees the baby daddy as meal ticket.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2022
Marrying single mothers is a serious issue.

I always advise guys to avoid single mothers like the plague.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Another fake thread created by a pained Nairaland feminist. grin grin cheesy

What criteria did you use to arrive at that conclusion?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by libertyfather(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2022
This one come in Heineken and cow leg pepper soup...my brother dey flex dey go, I swear nothing u fit do for now only time will tell
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by faithfull18(f): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
Marrying single mothers is a serious issue.

I always advise guys to avoid single mothers like the plague.
Marrying single fathers too. You don't want to marry single mothers but you want women to marry single fathers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2022
faithfull18:

Marrying single fathers too. You don't want to marry single mothers but you want women to marry single fathers

First of all, the OP is about a single mother.

Second, research have shown that women are very much likely to carry emotional baggages about. It is much easier to marry a single father than a single mother.

Check online, and you will hardly find a book addressed to help men manage emotional baggages. They are all about women.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by ThatPetiteChic: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2022
OP, in marriage, you need to learn to overlook some things. She is a single mother and it will be wrong to cut her off from her baby daddy. Thank God her ex is financially responsible for his daughter and the child doesn't stay with you except on break. You should be happy that no extra responsibility is on your shoulder.

I understand that you don't like how she's milking her ex but there's really nothing you can do about it. I believe it's because she doesn't have a good source of income. It's to look away and avoid been petty. You can discuss the call time with her or she ignores the call when he calls at odd hours. Also understand that US is about 7 hours behind our local time.

I don't know what to say about the different religion. You saw her before impregnating her. Just be the matured one in the marriage. Stop peeping into her phone because she does the same and learn to ignore some things.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by BATified2023: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
Harmony22:
This is going to be a long narration to pour out my mind very well, let me apologize for boring you with my story first.
I got married just about one and half years ago to a lady who has once had a child when she in her first year to a man who is now living in the usa with his family he is an expatriate and works in oil company. Obviously we didn't get to court that long before she get pregnant and I don't know either by principle or by desperation I just wanted her to keep the pregnancy despite that she do even threaten to terminate it whenever we had quarrels but I try to appease her not to do it and I think that sacrifice is one of the best I ever made in my life whenever I look into the eyes of my 6 months old child with his cuteness. I must mentioned she made it known to me before we finally agree to settle down that she has a kid and I don't think It really bothers me, I saw some potentials I do love in her and that's what matters to me but sometimes I feel we could be having conflict of interest on the long run as she is a Christian and I'm a Muslim but I still feel we can always talk about them which I actually practice doing and it works. However,it is her baby daddy that always send money for the upkeep of her daughter and of course she had made it clear to me initially as regard to that so I have always known I'm not responsible for it, and that keeps her and her baby daddy in constant communication every now and then especially whenever she needs something for her daugther, though I don't really have issues with it because I believe even the little communication they are having will soon fade away by the time she got a job as she has about 4 offers while we were courting then that I believe one will work out for her. Unfortunately none of the job work out. The point is years of depending on the baby daddy for the upkeep of her daughter is even making her to see him as a meal ticket as he is living up to his responsibility as far financial aspect is concern. I start to get worried at a certain point when the baby daddy call at odd hours sometimes 12 p.m or 1 a.m in the night.initially I let it pass because I feel like he is in the US probably that's the time he could call when he is free from work and due to the time difference they are in the evening time there. But one day I had to take it personal for her because my wife is even a kind of woman that is very jealous as well as she do peep through my phone and react aggressively whenever she sees a chat that indicate me flirting with a woman or a woman flirting with me. In the course of taking that habit of her baby daddy personal with her she noticed my attitude and wanted to know what's wrong so I had to tell her because I don't want her to start sneakily communicating with him because I know the password to her phone. At a certain point I choose to become vigilant so I started to peep through her phone secretly despite that I'm not a type of someone that does that infact for the few times I check her phone I just go straight to read her babydaddy messages with her. And some things I could deduce from those messages is this . 1. Her babydaddy likes to flirt with her 2. I feel sometimes she try to make money off her child upkeep why I said she see him as a meal ticket earlier.3 Sometimes she try to appease her babydaddy because she needed him to respond swiftly to the needs of her daugther
And I must say that during the course of our courtship, I realized the babydaddy would have love to have her as her Nigeria wife and he gave her so many incentive to influence that but she choose to be with me.
Her daughter don't live with us except on holidays.
I'm doing very well for myself as well , infact very comfortable enough as a man that's capable to settle down before I marry her....
Sometimes ago when we do have some serious quarrel she always utter some disgusting statement that I just let pass that it is women talk, and there was a time she threatened me that i don't give her money and I don't want her to ask outside and I was broke then her mom had to interfere and I told her mom point blank that I won't live by anybody's standard if it is 10 naira that I have it is that 10 naira we will manage. Sometimes I feel some of her disgusting statement would sound blackmailing like I don't like her daughter or because she is a Christian but the point is sometimes or let me say every now and then I feel threatened that am I married to a woman with two husbands and it's killing my vibes. And there is no way I could cut her off totally from communicating with her babydaddy without her giving the impression that I don't like her daughter. And for once the conflict of interest I think it doesn't matter is really giving me concern.
Just want to make this as short as possible.
u saw fire n u decided to enter it,sorry bro u have yourself to blame

U said u were comfortable before settling down n u still went for an after one?

U are a Muslim n still went for a Christian?
Didn’t u see other Muslim sisters u can marry?

U made d wrong choice n u will live with it

Just b sure that anytime d baby daddy is in Nigeria he will have a taste of your wife n under the pretense of baby daddy n baby mummy many things will happen especially if the guy marry a white woman n he knows he won’t bring her down here

U don already submit your self for polyandry
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by lordm(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
Shey you no do summarization for secondary school?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Richy4(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2022

<<There's nothing wrong with a single mother or a single father... All you as a spouse required to do is understanding... And loads of communication...

<< Firstly, Did you do a little bit of conversation about your religious beliefs? What faith is your child gonna go for as she grows up? maybe it's not a big deal for now...But u really have to talk about it if u haven't..

<< Speaking of the baby daddy calling at odd times, He resides in US, your woman stays in Nigeria. All u have to tell your spouse was to tell the baby daddy the best time to call (Nigerian time)..... that when he's calling might be the time devoted to u as the husband... that should not be a big deal...

<< Stop seeing that woman as someone milking the baby daddy.. she is doing that for her daughter's best interest.. I believe the baby daddy has kids in US, and he is taking care of them.. the daughter in Nigeria deserves such treatment as well. And that's what the mother is doing..

<< The thing is, U were not fully prepared about marrying a woman with a child... Dating a single parent is not for boys... It requires maturity and understanding... Knowing fully well she has something in common with another man...

<< I will suggest that u stop sniffing around to find evidence if she was cheating.. to avoid HBP.. They will always be together for their daughter's best interest.. and there's nothing anyone can do about it..

<< People demonize single mothers/ fathers because they don't understand their lifestyle..And no, there's nothing wrong with you.. u were just trying to mark your territory with a little dose of jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by fineboynl(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin.

Even women without a child. Once there is still a trace of contact with her ex. Just forget it. Not to talk of the one sending her money and to add to it she had a child for him. It's a lifetime connection and nothing you can do.

You have to live with it or marry another Muslim wife and remove your mind from her to do whatever she likes.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Cgy1: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2022
How
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Raalsalghul: 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
Marrying a single mother with the baby daddy alive is just inviting headache for yourself.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by culf: 3:59am On Nov 30, 2022
sometimes you just have to trust your partner, let her know you don't like communication in odds hours.

@Richy4 made a valid post, it should take it.

stop worrying yourself unnecessary and show your wife love because jealous will destroy your marriage. If you have concerns, communicate it with her and face your front.

(1) (Reply)

Omobayo Godwin Biography: Wife, Wikipedia / Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour Better? / Interracial Relationship? Big Struggle Or Way To The Happiness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.