Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,095 members, 7,953,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

Your Worst Commercial Advert? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Worst Commercial Advert? (13362 Views)

Tv Commercial Advert For Buhari / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by soulonfire(f): 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2007
Th advert is simple with a heavy message. If u want to be high up u take "Udeme"

People don't don't go to the bar to ask for stout, they now call it udeme. The strength of an advert is how its affect people. And the Udeme advert is da bobmb, not full of glamour but the message it passed can't be reckoned with.

Another good advert is the Gulder advert "the mission advert" to look for gulder. that also passes a strong message. i.e gulder is meant for the strong.

Bad adverts are: dark sailor and ecobank advert.

Give cudos to Bank Phb adverts they are really cool.

@ehie007 I SECOND UR MOTION BROS!! HI5!!!

It means that wid omo theres no cause for alarm, dirt is good because only OMO has the power and ability to handle stains Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I LOVE OMO! WID OMO DIRT IS GOOOOOD

You bet, I wonder how we seE tins, where our creativity has fled2. Omo is meant to wash your dirt, therefore to OMO, It aint dirt its another opportunity for Omo to do its job only too well- encourage u all the way to ur dreams!! Also, its another msg that says u don't get there - d Top - without a tear here and there, its like saying despise not the days of litl beginin. It carries a lot of meanin in a few minutes!!! That boy aint being dirty he's just practicing/ following his dream -FOOTBALL!!!!!

Lets open up our minds to see further and appreciate wot we have.

Another good ad is the Known maggi single cube ad!!

As for dark seal, whiskey is suposed to b smooth on your tongue, there4 the line that says the drink is as smooth as the guy, is to butress the fact that guys r smooth talkers and the smooth you're as a guy the sleeker you're xpected to be and d more charmin u r also xpected to b!!!
Guys shld undastand that ad a little way!!

@clemcykul

sides those ads u claim r terrible seem to stik to your brain, minds, do u really think they r bad then; because if they r as bad as u claim, it wont stick, u oughtnt remember!! So, bad as u think it is, it still partially has achieved its objective - getting your attention!!! wink
grin
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Ladapo(m): 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2007
All Hansbro advert should be stopped with immediate alacrity on tv, it scares and sucks!!!

hmmmmmmm, has anyone seen the new INDOMIE advert? It starts with a little girl singing , it's up to us to make the worl a better place" I looooooooooooooooooooooove that advert.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2007
The GINO tomato paste, terrible. the stew always make me want to throw up aargh!!!
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2007
yeah i love that indomie ad, just saw it again on tv now, what with those little kids with their lovely dance steps. simpy beautiful!
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by tundewoods(m): 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2007
[font= Trebuchet MS ]These are my nominated 3 worst Nigerian Adverts of all time

1. Hanabros : Simply irritating

2. Ambi Pur : For glorifing Aristoism

3. Kampe Powder : Most ridicolous low budget advert i've seem
[/font]
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Shaunscot(m): 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2007
Which one be Kampe powder again?
Anyway,the other guy for Ambi Purr advert-Did he fart in his car?Abi why him car dey ooze so tey e dey repel chics?
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by WarfyBoy(m): 1:25am On Sep 04, 2007
HMMMMMM the new indomie chicken peper soup ad, were dem for c tht kind mumu guy pik for heaven sake, e b like wetin dem carve with im face like dry season, i like "To u, 2 Mi its up to us to make a World a better place, a place were we can Love, were we can Live, Were we can Liv together in peace n Harmony>>> i like d ad n dose kids, in short every1 on d ad, especially that small gal dat said "I got an Idea" all of dem for dt ad fine, y dem kno go fine, dem b Indomie children now, shooooooooo

But y dem go dey show am evry 5 min, person no fit watch sumtin else again, dem dey make me dey vesss wit dt ad shoooo, Udeme is kool
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by lawyer(m): 2:25am On Sep 04, 2007
my all time worst nigerian advert has to be the last tom tom advert, where people where supposed to be running home to go and lick tom tom in a pillow wrapper, how dumb and foolish do they think we are. Presently, it has to be this malta guiness advert, so for me to drink malta guiness, i have to jump across lagos and drink it floating in the sky?, where do these advertisers get all these stupid ideas from?
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by lara1(f): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2007
FUMMAN - "Alaga" on radio in Yoruba.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by ehie007(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2007
As for dark seal, whiskey is suposed to b smooth on your tongue, there4 the line that says the drink is as smooth as the guy, is to butress the fact that guys r smooth talkers and the smooth you're as a guy the sleeker you're xpected to be and d more charmin you're also xpected to b!!!
Guys shld undastand that ad a little way!!

"soulonfire" i kinda agree with u here. Adverts are agents of passing messages whether good or bad.

Please lets not forget the mimmee advert, it fun and it stuck inot most nigerians brain.

Adverts have mission and their mission is to aware the consumers.

Star advert portrays social party, hanging out kinda people

Gulder advert portrays pple that are strong

Stout "udeme" portrays" cool people, even for the strong.

Bank PHP dont mention.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Everbright(f): 8:03am On Sep 04, 2007
My friend Udeme [color=Black][/color]sucks
But the one I hate most is My name na madam fine skirt,
What was that
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by edmondo(m): 8:18am On Sep 04, 2007
Harpic,ampi pur na rubbish,
my friend Udeme pls dont Bleep wit it,
its only d wise ones undastand d msg,
bank PHB also av d best adv on tv 4 now
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by ehie007(m): 8:31am On Sep 04, 2007
Its like females in this tread hate the "Udeme" advert. because they dnt drink.

Dont look at the alsohol aspect of it, lok at the sense behind the advert and the heavy message it passes.

If Udeme was an always pad advert am sure always pad would av increased in profit.

Imagine "if u want to be up there wear always sanitary pad" or theres every thread of greatness in always pad.

Or if the Udeme Advert was used as a bank advert.

Please the Udeme advert is da bomb.

"evrebright" i will give u a memo. so be warned
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 04, 2007
that harpic advert really sucks i agree

Omo -dirt is good is just a copy right version of Persil because the slogan for persil is dirt is good. i do not have any problem with the omo ad, it's just that they should get their own slogan instead of copying fro another product

Udeme ad, well i am indifferent abt that

Always ultra new ad, is just there

Ambi pur ad really sucks

the new indomie with the kids, their song is ok, but i just cant picture the message in d advert

i rest my case
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by 3dhunter(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2007
are we discussing about the product being advertized or the quality of the advert? please be clear about that point. their should be intellectuality in our posts.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by rubie(f): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2007
I really hate the Bonux advert and Ariel that is the one where the guy had to run from his shop all the way to where ever, only to return with ariel on his head smiling like what I can't explain and saying "I don go chatter ariel come" . Just too dumb.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Bolarge(m): 10:20am On Sep 04, 2007
If y'all haven't seen YoYo Bitters advert then u're not qualified to cast aspersion on any other ad.
Gawwd that ad [size=14pt]suckssss!!![/size] angry angry angry

Ooops! I forgot, only Ib folks're likely to have seen it. angry angry
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Bidy(f): 10:31am On Sep 04, 2007
The Mortein Advert is so ,

Also the new Motorola Advert makes no sense at all.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by 1naijaboy(m): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2007
That mortein advert where a mum allows mosquitoes in her house then sprays mortein over the sleeping baby.duuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmb!!!!!!!
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Gettolove(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2007
People are very funny about the way they read and interprete what picture an ad is painting, most of the posts i have read show that people do not understand the message behind the commercials. Imagine people critisizing MY FRIEND UDEME and some other ads.

As much as i agree that not all ads are done proffessionally, we must not forget that both the ad agencies and clients must have seperately critisized the ads before airing them. what is also important is the correllation of comercials with the products being advertised.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by goldboy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2007
hi all

wat do u look for in an advert?

wat are u considerations in an advert?
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Dijoka(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2007
Yeah Yeah i hate that Harpic AD and that Udeme of a thing. Wat do u guys think of Power fist stuffby DBANJ"wats the koko"
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by linklee(f): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2007
Hi guys, my worst advert is that of Ampi Pur, haansbro, Renew Starch, Harpic,Drak Sailor, Farouz to mention a few.
but as for the Guiness Udeme advert i think its great and its passing on a message of greatness in every man.i also love the Indomie To me,To you Advert, Bank PHB and a host of others.
In any advert i look for connectivity, everyone shld be able to connect to an advert and not make one look stupid also an advert shld make sense and it shld be brain teasing. What i mean by that is that u shld be able to sit down and look into and advert and derive sense from it in your own way and not feel u wasted your time doing it.
i enjoyed evrybdy's comments and i feel connected them as if it was a conference. bye guys gotta go
Seun nice job. grin
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by slitty: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2007
i can't believe all of you forgot the bagon advert. " not soo fast" sad what are they trying to passes across? that the toxic from bagon is good for babies? i can't believe she sprayed the room and left the baby in there at the same time . as any body ever percieved bagon b4? it could suffocate. anytime i see that advert i want to cry cry ideas for baby murderers. stupid, unintelligent advert
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by slitty: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2007
i can't believe all of you forgot the bagon advert. " not soo fast" sad what are they trying to passes across? that the toxic from bagon is good for babies? i can't believe she sprayed the room and left the baby in there at the same time . as any body ever percieved bagon b4? it could suffocate. anytime i see that advert i want to cry  cry ideas for baby murderers. stupid, unintelligent advert
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by femibig(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2007
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassedflucor day, dat madam monitoring spirit, only God knows wat she was saying. cry cry cry
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by jokewale: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2007
I don't particularly enjoy listening to adverts that invariably does not depict the truth and the likes, i mean an advert like SPRING BANK's 'for banking in ur neighbourhood!',yes nice sing song,a perfect copy from Sesame street PLAY SONG but i think they need to open more branches in several neighbourhoods first before airing such ads, the other day i was looking all over for spring bank branch in a prominent banking neighborhood and couldnt find ,what an IRONY!
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by ebony4life(f): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2007
'Dirt is Good' by Omo. I think that is really giving this nation a bad name.

It is not giving Nigeria a bad name, it is even giving a good concept of dirt, for instance if the boy did not sit down and learn how to lace his shoes at that age then when will he learn?
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2007
if i am i judge, i would sentence all those girls with blonde in farouz advert to life imprisonment

they are so pathetic.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by bogwin: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2007
My friend Udeme is a great advert. but guiness should have done better with the new Malta Guiness advert with a guy and a chick jumping up and down in the air.
The power of Harpic is currentlythe worst still.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by bolorunfem(f): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2007
That ambi-pur advert is horrible! How can a decent lady be put off because of supposed bad odour from the 'good samaritan's lift offer? No be awoof? When did beggars start having choice? The mumu girl was now attracted by sweet fragrance from another casanova's car embarassed. I pity her, has she ever heard of ritual killers? To me, the advert is meaningless.
Re: Your Worst Commercial Advert? by lawyer(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2007
how can someone not like the udeme advert? The concept of the post is to discuss terrible adverts, not the intellectual meanings of the advert, it's a good catch phrase that everyone remembers and should be worth complimenting. But another terrible advert has to be DBAJ, WHAT'S THE KOLO ADVERT can't remember the name that crappy product

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Bryann, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / 2015 AMVCA LIVE On DSTV / AMVCA 2023: Celebrities Dazzle At Cultural Day (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.