Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations (10358 Views)

Insecurity Has Started Again Why Can’t State Govs Take FG To Court? - Rufai / Naira: We Won’t Be Your Scapegoat - Supreme Court Tells FG, State Govs / Ihedioha Promises Traditional Rulers 5% Of LG Allocations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by oneMalik: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sir has spoken !

Till date the lazy thinkers never know this facts and instead of them to hold their council chairmen responsible for their community problems , all their efforts were directed to Buhari .

Lacy youths !
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Obc1234(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
No be lie
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Tooreda: 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
These oloriburukus are just engaging in political subterfuge
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by aspabay(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by CSTRR: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Peter Obi's approach is simple, yet hard to implement for crooks.

Give the local govt money directly from the FG.

By-pass the states.

The more money gets to different busstops, the more it lessens.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Indispensable85(m): 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
Governors are demons and emperors
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by RichAbujaGuy: 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
It's the truth. Just recently, a small group of governors have been gallivanting to London and Spain and to each other's states to hold political meetings or to secretly have themselves a good time.

S.R. is full of it many times but nailed this one.

Junketing Nigerian Governors, Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Others Fly To Spain For Another Meeting Amid PDP Crisis

https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/15/junketing-nigerian-governors-wike-makinde-ortom-others-fly-spain-another-meeting-amid
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Upworkwriter007(f): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
slivertongue:
The normal excuses
This is the fact. LG income is 90% of state income, where does it. go?
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by fredylee: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
This truth should have been told us much earlier than now. I wonder why the President has not been saying this all along. The govs certainly are culpable here.
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Tycyborg(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
fergie001:
He doesn't have the power unless the Constitution is amended. To be fair to him he did in 2020, signed an Executive Order granting LG/Judiciary and legislative autonomy but the 36 Governors went to Court and the Supreme Court reversed it.

The State Governors have also told their Speakers toys not to touch the Constitutional Amendment until State Policing is added and the Autonomy removed.

You know why they don't see all these things... It's because they are filled with hatred and hatred blinds someone. He even passed a bill that every Nigerians with bank account and jobless should be paid 5k monthly first president to do such but the house voted against the moves but all Nigerians do is complain... I tend to ask people... What's the work of the governor and what's the work of each states rep what's the work of Local government chairman but we always want the president to fix our roads and street lights and so on... So myopic people.
The president even said it early this year that if you state federal road is bad as a governor fix it and we will pay you but none of them did anything except Lagos and rivers until recently Ogun started but no every single person in the country think and have the brain of a chicken to not see any of these

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by bjtinz: 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Well I agree to an extent, but the fact remains that FG, collecting the lion share of allocation should be doing a lot better.
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by fergie001: 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tycyborg:
I don't think it's all about hatred, it is the fact that we beam the searchlight on Abuja and leave the 36 Emperors to do as they will.

For a long time here, I have been complaining about these Governors. We just don't care about our LGAs or Councillors, we are focused on who is President.

Why I am not fascinated about any of the Presidential Candidates is that they can only do a little if the people that work with them (National Assembly, Govs & others) want them to. The real problems we have in this Country are those we will elect on March 11.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Thomthom(m): 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
fergie001:
He doesn't have the power unless the Constitution is amended. To be fair to him he did in 2020, signed an Executive Order granting LG/Judiciary and legislative autonomy but the 36 Governors went to Court and the Supreme Court reversed it.

The State Governors have also told their Speakers toys not to touch the Constitutional Amendment until State Policing is added and the Autonomy removed.
U mean The Autonomy for LGA has not been approved
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Cmanforall: 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

God bless you!

You are one of the few Nigerians who are devoid of hate and will face the truth when required.

The LGA chairmen are just decorations! The only thing they do is loot and womanize!

His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) has made sure the allocations are timely disbursed, but the thieves still wont achieve anything with allocation!

Very unfortunate

But why can't the Local Government autonomy?
Seems LG chairman position is mere appointment by state governor these days
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Tayorshd2(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
PDP STARTED THE FAILING NA, SO IT DOESN'T START WITH APC SO I THINK WE STILL OWE APC ONE MORE TriAL TO RESTRUCTURE OR TO CONVINCE NIGERIA THEY ARE BETTER THAN PDP

ask yourself how much is crude oil per barrel when PDP was in power and now when APC entered power then
And 99% of Nigerians wealth are oil don't forget that .......

Then u will know reasons why borrowing of money for structures and d likes happens during APC regimen don't forget

Coronal virus lockdown endsars etc also happen during APC..
So this are technically issues that made a lot of economy goes wrong for u to understand better u will notice on many other countries today like UK US Canada Morocco etc ask their rent and food stuffs is more hike and costly than Nigeria

So the issue is not about APc spoil the country but APC just has bad luck because it's their time many things goes wrong ...

Blaze14k:
Why are these ppl trying to deceive us again. We asked the national assembly to restructure and amend the constitution buh they brushed it off. The other day we heard shettima sayin restructuring my foot. I wonder why they are laying blame cos it's expected. Most of all im shocked ppl still want to vote same apc. You guys are really crazy.

Ban on government officials from going abroad for medical treatment: FAILED

Public declaration of assets and liabilities: FAILED

Introduction of National Gender Policy and offer of 35 per cent appointment to women: FAILED

Creation of three million jobs per year: FAILED

The revival of Ajaokuta Steel Company: FAILED

Creation of a Social Welfare Programme where a minimum of N5000 would be paid to 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens: FAILED

Building one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging 10 per cent annually. FAILED

Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years. FAILED

Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subjects at O/Levels to study ICT-related courses. FAILED

Creating additional middle-class of at least 2 million new homeowners in our first year in government and 1 million annually thereafter. FAILED

Creating a National Conflict Resolution Commission to prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity. FAILED

Establishing a national mortgage system to lend funds at single-digit interest rates for prospective homeowners. FAILED

Raising life expectancy level by an additional 10 years on average – FAILED

Making free education at primary, secondary and tertiary levels for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and education – FAILED

Making naira stable at the international market – FAILED

Giving up to 20 per cent of the national budget for the educational sector while also making substantial investments in training quality teachers at all levels – FAILED

Establishing world-class sports academy and training institutes- FAILED

Establishing a strong business relationship with top emerging economies including Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) and other strategic partners around the world – FAILED
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by fergie001: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thomthom:
U mean The Autonomy for LGA has not been approved
It hasn't.
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Tayorshd2(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
bjtinz:
Well I agree to an extent, but the fact remains that FG, collecting the lion share of allocation should be doing a lot better.

Alot better like how
So buhari should be moving from state to state to do the job he has already delighted to sub governors under him

U get sense at all??

Even d palliative during covid that was discovered was never discovered in buhari's office i stead he has disbursed it to state governors which they failed to give citizens ....

So what more do we expect rather than d governor's should work more harder because president alone cannot do anything with them ..
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Thomthom(m): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
fergie001:
It hasn't.
But I had that buhari has signed it into law..
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by olusanya883: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
Somebody is saying the truth you are here saying the normal If person dey talk truth make we try admit say na truth e dey talk TSomebody is saying the truth you are here saying the normal If person dey talk truth make we try admit say na truth e dey talk T...
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by fergie001: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thomthom:
But I had that buhari has signed it into law..
The Supreme Court reversed it when the Govs challenged it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Basic123: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
olahero:
The hardship that those Governors are causing masses is bigger than anyone could imagine, they ran LG aground in other for them to steal from their pots of soup, some states doesn't have any LGs Chairmen in place uptill this moment.

I still don't know the reason why Buhari hasn't veto the bill of LG Autonomy.

The harms Governors are causing to the masses are quantifiable.
He vetoed it .state governors took him to court and they won.

NIGERIA problem is we people!....WE!
I was expecting Nigerians to protest then but because buhari must be blamed for every thing they kept quiet. We will hit the street if its to end SARS.LGs played big roles in nation development. All our neighborhood roads that are bad,will the FG be the one to fix it.This why Iaugh when people shout OBI,Peter OBi never conducted LG elections for good 8yrs in power.I still don't understand how any Nigerian fucking president will transform the country if LG is not functional and accountable,be it Tinubu,Atiku or OBI

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Thomthom(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
fergie001:

The Supreme Court reversed it when the Govs challenged it.
Haba.. this our Justice system self.. Anyways thanks I really appreciate the info.
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by F117nighthawk: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
Urban development nko, which monies had the federal government too buried into their own pockets?, all 3 tiers of government are absolutely corrupt in this country, no one is exempted
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by fergie001: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thomthom:
Haba.. this our Justice system self.. Anyways thanks I really appreciate the info.

You are welcome.
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Basic123: 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
RESTMOUTH99:
What efforts has Buhari made using his veto power to stop the joint account by states and local government since over seven years in office? That issue is what national conference aimed to restructure would have solved but he ignores it. He is also part of the cabals that benefits from the bad system that's why he is giving lip service without action to the ugly phenomenon
Buhari government and GEJ government are the most poorly judged Nigerian governments ever.Most Nigerians don't follow Nigerian government activities but just start condemning them at any fucking opportunity.

https://guardian.ng/opinion/president-buhari-and-local-govt-autonomy/

Buhari signed an executive order on LG autonomy our stupid governors who we never shout their names but buhari own took him to court and won.
Stupid Nigerians also kept quiet because whatever buhari does is wrong!
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Basic123: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bunnatex:
Truth be told the President is right

He has reiterated this severally on the need for LGA to be completely autonomous but it has fallen on deaf ears.

I can remember him saying that LGA's has capacity to fight insecurity cause according to him, everyone is known at the local level. Nothing is unknown there. No unknown Gunmen or Boko Harm at that level. Everyone is fully identified...

This needs to be implemented...

However, in the other news, I'm fully Obi_dient And Yusuful
What is OBI stand on LG autonomy?
Hope you know that OBI didn't conduct LG elections for good 7yrs as Anambra governor.

Hope you know Buhari signed executive order on autonomy but governors took him to court and won!
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by ogmask: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
a4cube:
Buhari is right here. At least for once he said the right thing. Let's hope he will repeat the right thing again by not interfering with 2023 èlection.

To be fair to him he has never interfered with elections.
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by themanderon: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2022
Is he just waking up to his fact after almost 8 yrs of nothing to showcase as his achievement?
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
This man should shut up already!!!

What's he the number citizen for? He knows this and he hasn't used the EFCC to smoke them out like PDP did to Alamesiagha, James Ibori, Tafa Balogun, and co?

What then is he telling us for since he's aware we can't do anything to them? Mtchewww
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by ogmask: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
Angelfrost:
Decentralize the government... Let every state manage its resources.

Place the state at the actual mercy of its own available and limited resources. Let's see where these fools will hide.

Buhari has failed in leadership, but his failure pales significantly before those of most state governors!

How can states like Rivers, Delta, Cross River, Ogun, Imo, Abia, etc, be talking about bad roads, unemployment, crime, etc, with so much at their disposal?!! It beggars belief!

That means you want make person like wike turn dictator be dat... With the small one he dey get he dey quarrel with everybody, dey ban political campaigns and dey sponsor crises for other states... We need proper orientation as a people to be able to call these thieves and tyrants to order.
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
g4gerald:

Its still his fault, he has the power to restructure the system of government and give local govtm autonomy to operate. But has he done that? You don't expect things to change on its own when you haven't made it to change

You said he has the power in democracy?

Let imagine Buhari wants to, Do you think such will pass through the senate without being shot down?

Knowing the state governors will lose grip of LGA, they will do everything to eliminate such bill
Re: Buhari: Rural Development Is Stunted Because State Govs Pocket LG Allocations by Tycyborg(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
fergie001:

I don't think it's all about hatred, it is the fact that we beam the searchlight on Abuja and leave the 36 Emperors to do as they will.

For a long time here, I have been complaining about these Governors. We just don't care about our LGAs or Councillors, we are focused on who is President.

Why I am not fascinated about any of the Presidential Candidates is that they can only do a little if the people that work with them (National Assembly, Govs & others) want them to. The real problems we have in this Country are those we will elect on March 11.

Do you know why I called it hared, it's because the same thing the citizen praise the past president for, they crucify this current for it, example is fuel hike or scarcity or change of price is commodity... Either small changes or big changes they are the same. Now you have a point concerning leaving the governor's and LGC to roam free but all that still boils down to the citizens,
The citizens were the ones working in all government level in which we call civil servants and they are all bad... Even if we decide to sack all civil servant and bring in new people the circle of corruption will still continue because the citizens all have the same greedy mindset...
Do you even know know there is this popular saying in Nigeria that where you work is where you eat... And that eat means steal. Imagine!
Let me tell you something, even if Jesus or Mohammed or the gods comes to rule Nigeria nothing will change unless the citizen are ready to change their mindset and reasoning... What makes a country is the effort of all even if not all because there will always be bad eggs but at least 90 percent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ken Nnamani Celebrates 67th Birthday Today! / FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel / EFCC, 9 States Bicker Over N84.7bn Mismanaged From 13% Derivation Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.