Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

What Is Our Problem As Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Our Problem As Nigerians (296 Views)

Insecurity: COAS, Others’ Death’ve Increased Our Problem – President Buhari / Gani Adams: Fulanis Not Our Problem, But Yoruba Traitors / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by diesel86: 6:04am On Dec 07, 2022
Since the announcement was made regarding the redesign of the Naira, I have taken time to have a thorough understanding of what the average Nigerian thinks of the policy.

I must state here that the performance of the present Government has been a poor one in almost all sectors most especially Security and Economy. So i am definitely not speaking on their behalf.

Back to my observation, after todays press release from CBN as regards limit on cash withdrawals as a follow up to the redesign policy and how most Nigerians have reacted to it as left me wondering as to how we truly feel about this Country, but from my opinion i don't think most of us want this country to become great .

My final conclusion is this not all policies would be Nigerian friendly at first especially with this present Government but if we want a Nigeria that works like all this developed Nations we all want to be like, there are some tough choices that must be made and this Naira redesign and limitations on cash available in the system is one of them.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless Nigerians.
I pray one day we would be a source of pride to every black person all over the world �.
Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by Suunnn(f): 6:22am On Dec 07, 2022
diesel86:
Since the announcement was made regarding the redesign of the Naira, I have taken time to have a thorough understanding of what the average Nigerian thinks of the policy.

I must state here that the performance of the present Government has been a poor one in almost all sectors most especially Security and Economy. So i am definitely not speaking on their behalf.

Back to my observation, after todays press release from CBN as regards limit on cash withdrawals as a follow up to the redesign policy and how most Nigerians have reacted to it as left me wondering as to how we truly feel about this Country, but from my opinion i don't think most of us want this country to become great .

My final conclusion is this not all policies would be Nigerian friendly at first especially with this present Government but if we want a Nigeria that works like all this developed Nations we all want to be like, there are some tough choices that must be made and this Naira redesign and limitations on cash available in the system is one of them.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless Nigerians.
I pray one day we would be a source of pride to every black person all over the world �.

Our problem?

That is while and when we call a spade a spade
Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by 9japride(m): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2022
You guys just like fire brigade approach to important issues. What measures have the government put in place to encourage online banking? Those who are at the top and others benefiting from government don't understand the daily struggles of the common man. Cashless economy is good, but it's the environment geared towards it? Always making things hard for the common man. Every policy always have a hidden motive. The leaders are a product of the society. So Leave all these political talk. Simple thing to make life good for every, it's very difficult to do by government. Just create a conducive environment for people to thrive they can't do. Rather they live to spend money on irrelevant things.

1 Like

Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by Don27tiky(m): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2022
Nigeria will not change until the day the masses wake up and speak with one voice and say our suffering and mumu don do. Their are some government policies we must support and some we reject.

1 Like

Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by diesel86: 7:32am On Dec 07, 2022
9japride:
You guys just like fire brigade approach to important issues. What measures have the government put in place to encourage online banking? Those who are at the top and others benefiting from government don't understand the daily struggles of the common man. Cashless economy is good, but it's the environment geared towards it? Always making things hard for the common man. Every policy always have a hidden motive. The leaders are a product of the society. So Leave all these political talk. Simple thing to make life good for every, it's very difficult to do by government. Just create a conducive environment for people to thrive they can't do. Rather they live to spend money on irrelevant things.

I agree with you sir that not enough as been done not only to encourage online banking but the infrastructure to really support it, but if we wait for that I don't think we would even get started at all, we already have a lot of fintech companies in Nigeria I think this is an opportunity for them. WeChat in China is an example.

1 Like

Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by 9japride(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2022
diesel86:

I agree with you sir that not enough as been done not only to encourage online banking but the infrastructure to really support it, but if we wait for that I don't think we would even get started at all, we already have a lot of fintech companies in Nigeria I think this is an opportunity for them. WeChat in China is an example.
[color=#006600][/color]

It should be a gradual process. They can start implementing it little by little while making all necessary infrastructure ready to support cashless economy. The poor state of economy was not caused by the common man. They in power created the mess we are in. All previous government officials are responsible for the bad state of the country. They should start experimenting the process and correct anything loopholes in it. If Nigeria can have people like Osibanjo, Peter Obi, Okonjo Iweala, and other bright minds plenty in government, things will work better. We are not yet matured to govern ourselves. I am even tired of ranting, a lot of people have already given up on the system. Mediocity is just too much over here. In you are in government or have contacts to those implementing policies. Please you guys should do more research on how to make life easy for the common man. If life is easy, a lot of people will pay their tax easily and everyone will be happy. Good day.
Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by 9japride(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2022
Don27tiky:
Nigeria will not change until the day the masses wake up and speak with one voice and say our suffering and mumu don do. Their are some government policies we must support and some we reject.
[color=#006600][/color]

Most policies are usually done to correct the mess they made. Is it the common man that is embezzling all the billions and oil products? Those in power are being taken care of so they don't know the struggle of the common man. In Europe and other developed areas. There are infrastructure available to support cashless economy. And the government provides social amenities for their people. But here in 9ja all men for themselves. I still blame the common man for voting irresponsible individuals who don't care about them. After February election next year, everyone will go back to their normal activities and by that time their eyes will clear. Every society deserves the kind of leadership they get.
Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by diesel86: 9:59am On Dec 07, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It should be a gradual process. They can start implementing it little by little while making all necessary infrastructure ready to support cashless economy. The poor state of economy was not caused by the common man. They in power created the mess we are in. All previous government officials are responsible for the bad state of the country. They should start experimenting the process and correct anything loopholes in it. If Nigeria can have people like Osibanjo, Peter Obi, Okonjo Iweala, and other bright minds plenty in government, things will work better. We are not yet matured to govern ourselves. I am even tired of ranting, a lot of people have already given up on the system. Mediocity is just too much over here. In you are in government or have contacts to those implementing policies. Please you guys should do more research on how to make life easy for the common man. If life is easy, a lot of people will pay their tax easily and everyone will be happy. Good day.

Sorry sir, I can feel your fustrations too, I am just a Nigerian like you, I don't have any influence within the system, I just feel one needs to Speak up at times not everything the government does is evil, though they put us in the mess we are in today angry

1 Like

Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by 9japride(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2022
diesel86:

Sorry sir, I can feel your fustrations too, I am just a Nigerian like you, I don't have any influence within the system, I just feel one needs to Speak up at times not everything the government does is evil, though they put us in the mess we are in today angry
[color=#006600][/color]

It's ok. Let's hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: What Is Our Problem As Nigerians by IAmHim1: 5:52am On Apr 27, 2023
Hi. I'm an ardent follower of ubunja miseducations and i read you have a compiled version of the miseducations. there seem to have been some removed topics on the thread The miseducations I study like the gospel.lol would love you to help me with your pdf version if you don't mind.
How do I reach out to you Sir?
diesel86:

God bless Nigeria.
God bless Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party Shop Burnt Down / Popular Pastor Tells Peter Obi What He Needs To Do To Become President / PDP Crisis: Ortom,wike Shun Atiku At Markurdi Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.