Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing (2247 Views)

See Dead Bodies From Abuja Bombing (Photos) / UN Moves To Halt Execution Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers On Death Row / UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing by thenewsman: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2011
Un Moves To Protect Staff

The United Nations is making efforts to better protect its 400 staff and ensure continuity of operations in Nigeria after Friday's blast

The Nigeria UN Country Team is assessing the full impact of Friday’s bomb attack of the UN House, and continues with its efforts to ensure that the people affected are receiving medical care and support, the UN has said.

The UN House in Abuja includes 26 United Nations agencies and about 400 staff. The bombing, which occurred at about 10.30, am on Friday 26 August, caused extensive damage to the entire building. 

Read More >> http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/un-moves-protect-staff
Re: UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing by kallopuma: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
those dead is like forgotten now only damage building are there to remember.
sorry for those who lost their live for so call bh. pity fot those un works who still entending to loose their life too.
i know is only 2 to 3 weeks security naija we can trust them my brother un works please be care we dont wanna loose u ppl again.y not call nato to help more better . we love fire to fire.we belive action thats y the nation was cool during idiagbo.
Re: UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing by sizzlers(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
True talk, we need NATO, na fire for fire BH want
Re: UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing by velo10: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2011
sizzlers:

True talk, we need NATO, na fire for fire BH want

No, we are a sovereign nation. We should be able to solve our problems without the help of anybody. If we can't then we should condemn our government's incompetencies.
Re: UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing by peleson: 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
@Velo10, how do you mean incompetence? understand that no man is an island or an encyclopedia of knowledge ok, instead of condemning,give your support, i think you are very intelligent, the nigerian police is recruiting and intelligent people like you should be helpful in solving our problems, please do not leave it to the mercy of those that can't secure a job or fend for themselves and result to joining the force just to feed their bellies ok
Re: UN Moves To Protect Staff After Bombing by velo10: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
@ Peleson, U mean I should join the Nigerian police? Shey na curse or na bad prayer? Back to sender, lol. Security is not my training specialty. They're tonnes of competence trained personnel that could improve Nigerian security. It's is left for the government to utilise them

(1) (Reply)

Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities / Fuel Subsidy: What We Must Not Lose Sight Of (1) / Who Is The Best/worst President Nigeria Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.