Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner (1362 Views)

When You Are The Bread Winner Of The Family(photo) / How Do You Notice The Bread Winner Of The Family. / When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by dearcupid: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2007
If you grew up knowing that your mother is the bread winner, would you have respect for your father?
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by lilvonz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2007
Why wouldn't i?
There is reason for evrything.
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by dearcupid: 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2007
And the reason is that he is lazy and wouldn't just get a job as long as his wife feeds him
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by ssRhino: 4:31am On Aug 25, 2007
I will have so much respect for him still, many father are not even in the life of their kids, so being there alone, his presence alone is fatherly and should be respected
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by verox: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2007
i have experienced what it is like. in a situation when u know he was once there and u know aw much he want to do so and all his effort and the fact that anytime he has a little he shares, there is no how u will not respect him and even pity him.my dad experienced this before he died and till tomorrow i still cry when i remember him.he was always there to welcome us home cos mum was at work he will give u the latest family gist when u av been away for some time wants to talk to u and all that. he is loving to his wife, no smoking, no drinking and he will rather use his little money for the family's necessity than buy clothes.he does allot of things in the house that we didn't take notice of until he died and we started feeling him.if i start telling u all he does u will not believe it .despite the fact that he was not employed he took kia of so many things and never gets angry with my mother even when he has reasons to. he calls me "small" and sincerely i love him. he is tall and huge and u cant help but miss his presence at home and it is worse now that he is no more. sincerely i believe now that he was more employed than my mum cos what he did cannot be quantified. sleep on dad till we meet to part no more. we all miss u.
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2007
@verox
Sorry about your dad.Beign a bread winner is not an easy job for a women and women who are the bread winners of their families(paticularly large families)are not doing an easy job.Being a bread winner is the work of a man, not a woman because women are generally the weaker sex.
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by cammax7(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2007
fellis, i thought women dont agree to being the weaker sex.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6283.0.html
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2007
Most women don't probably because they consider it offensive, but in terms of physical strength,men generally are stronger than women.That's just the way it is.(no offence ladies). smiley
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by akumbu: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2007
The man will be respected if he respects the woman that is doing the job for him.
I know a man that the wife is the bread winner of their family and he still beats the wife always given the reason as frustration even when the woman was pregnant,
such a man should never be respected.
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2007
@cammax 7,
Regardless of what I posted, don't go about telling women they're weak. thanks. wink
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by Seun(m): 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2007
It's a scientific fact that men are physically stronger,
but some men also believe that women are mentally weak. undecided
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by cammax7(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2007
I don't do that. Lol I just don't understand why most women would in over the top when being referred to as the weaker sex. It takes nothing away from them.
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by Seun(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2007
If someone implies that I'm mentally weak just because of my sex, I will definitely be offended.
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by BABEELOVE(f): 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2007
It takes two to run a home efficiently. If my mom was the breadwinner, I would not have less respect for my father, because he will always be useful in my eyes by just being my father. He would make the "bestest" baby sitter in the world!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by CrazyMan(m): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2007
Of course I would have respect for my father.

For a woman to be the breadwinner of the family doesn’t mean the man isn’t man enough. God gives riches and if anyone thinks that because a man can’t dominate his home financially, he shouldn’t be given his due respect; that person is wrong.
Re: If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner by sammyjl(f): 6:49am On Sep 05, 2007
My mom is the breadwinner, got a problem with that? Infact there's no dad/man in my house.

(1) (Reply)

Her Mum Is Pushing It. / Why Do Men Push Blame To Their Wives. / How To Become An Adorable Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.