Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Crisis In Jos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis In Jos (10785 Views)

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign / Crisis In PDP As Oyinlola Threatens Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis In Jos by 3kay945(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
Where are the elders in this country? What will mr president be thinking now? He was fore-warned that he is incapable to lead this country. He rely on is good luck and declined the voice of wisdom.
Re: Crisis In Jos by Sparkle777(f): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2011
Just came into Jos this morning for an assignment. Am staying at Rayfield.hope no probs there?
Re: Crisis In Jos by japhet2233: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nigeria wont divide let them bomb and slaughter  them self we are one no  body can  divide us not even USA  UN  and other  bad belle country  we are one and we are going to be one ,

Let think about it if we where to divide the north will die of frustration   dont have OIL  nothing to export  they will die of POLO  and other disease \
they should be greatful to God  bc if not for other state the north would have been a level ground
Re: Crisis In Jos by Teediggz: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2011
we shud learn frm sudan. Divide dis country! We r nt one! Why shud we pretend to be living as one in this tragically dysfunctional geographical space called Nigeria for God sake
Mmmmmmm Learn form Sudan and endure 20 plus years of civil war. Will you be around if we go down that path?
Re: Crisis In Jos by japhet2233: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
to tell u that muslim are wicked in the month of Ramada they are killing and fighting let them fight and kill them self, have u ever had that christian are fighting buhari lost period el rufia is a thief atiku is a 419 and other Islamic bastard that support killing

he who kill by the gun die by the gun he who kill by bomb die by bomb so let them bomb and die,

if they are man enough let them come and bomb warri or edo state and they will never leave to tell the story
Re: Crisis In Jos by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
Teediggz:

we shud learn frm sudan. Divide dis country! We r nt one! Why shud we pretend to be living as one in this tragically dysfunctional geographical space called Nigeria for God sake
Mmmmmmm Learn form Sudan and endure 20 plus years of civil war. Will you be around if we go down that path?
very unintelligent post! Smh at d fall of our education system.
Re: Crisis In Jos by noskyboy(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2011
i stay in rukuba rd, my house is infront of d mosque, i witnessed evry tin. Wat happend was dat some muslims came 2 prepare d mosque 4 2moro's salah & christian youths said d must spoil any salah celebratn cos d same was done 2 dem last yr (bomb blast 24th dec in gada biu near rukuba rd) & as d youths were causing comotion, soldiers came & start spraying bullets bt d youths wuld nt backoff, & thr i am watching every tin. Beta get ur gun cos i got mine already.
Re: Crisis In Jos by cold(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^Please can you get some pics
Re: Crisis In Jos by Lucifa2015: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2011
japhet2233:

Nigeria wont divide let them bomb and slaughter  them self we are one no  body can  divide us not even USA  UN  and other  bad belle country  we are one and we are going to be one ,

Let think about it if we where to divide the north will die of frustration   dont have OIL  nothing to export  they will die of POLO  and other disease \
they should be greatful to God  bc if not for other state the north would have been a level ground

dis one dey pretend like say him opinion count, none of your family opinion count wen dem wan create Naija, so now U tink say e go count wen Naija go divide, AbegE, these dreamers sef! Na Oynibo create Naija, all of una be tenant wey dey pay rent, independence ko, independence ni!
Re: Crisis In Jos by japhet2233: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
@Lucifa2015   u be beans   every other black nation they  envy naija  u wan spoil am for your information naija be the next place for foreign investors to invest and  u support separation boy pick your pen and study history don't be a silly dude no wonder ur name na Lucifa
Re: Crisis In Jos by bossinie: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2011
frosbel:

surprise, surprise , it is the Jihadists again.

And believe it or not , elements of the armed forces are involved in all these happenings.

Big mouth is not equivalent to 'big brains',can you substantiate these claims
Re: Crisis In Jos by OAM4J: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
[size=13pt]20 feared dead, 5o vehicles burnt in fresh Jos violence[/size]

By Taye Obateru

Jos the Plateau State capital which had enjoyed relative peace for several weeks was engulfed in bloody violence, Monday, leaving over 20 dead and over 50 others injured .

In the violence, over 50 vehicles and 100 motorcycles were burnt with some of the occupants trapped as their vehicles were torched by rampaging youths.

Top security chiefs in the state had last weekend met with religious and community leaders to fashion out strategies for a peaceful Sallah celebration in the state.

Eye witnesses gave different versions of what led to the fresh violence. A version said members of the ‘Izala’ Islamic Group who celebrated the end of the Ramadan yesterday were attacked by youths along Rukuba Road, a Christian dominated area while going for prayers at an abandoned mosque located in the area. The mosque was abandoned in the wake of the previous crisis.

However, another version said the Muslim youths going for the prayers, contrary to the directive of the police that they must not carry dangerous weapons to the praying grounds during the Sallah, brandished daggers, knives and other dangerous weapons which they waved dangerously at residents of the area as they drove past.

This was said to have infuriated the residents who were said to have mobilized in preparation for a showdown with the Muslims after the prayers, but were dispersed by members of the Special Task Force (STF) who allegedly shot and killed some of them.

The youths were said to have gone berserk when they were allegedly shot at from inside the mosque and in retaliation they stormed the mosque where they torched parked vehicles and motorcycles. They also allegedly attacked and killed some people inside the mosque.

Unconfirmed reports said some of the rampaging youths were killed when soldiers opened fire to curtail the violence while several were injured and rushed to hospital.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/20-feared-dead-5o-vehicles-burnt-in-fresh-jos-violence/
Re: Crisis In Jos by Ericology(m): 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
noblezone:

I hope Gowon is in Plataeu State?
He should not hide in Abuja o.

He should go to Jos and "enjoy" the benefits of his "one" Nigeria.

This is just the beginning! The Jihardists will teach them that it is better to spend a nite with a snake than with an Huasa/Fulani Moslem.

GBAM, One Nijeria por him
Re: Crisis In Jos by Lucifa2015: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
japhet2233:

@Lucifa2015   u be beans   every other black nation they  envy naija  u wan spoil am for your information naija be the next place for foreign investors to invest and  u support separation boy pick your pen and study history don't be a silly dude no wonder your name na Lucifa

AbegE Japhet, make we stick to FACTS only, na wetin I talk wey dey incorrect, na who form Nigeria? LOL, why una dey fear now? Na wa for Slave mentality ohhh!
Re: Crisis In Jos by Ericology(m): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
3kay945:

Where are the elders in this country? What will mr president be thinking now? He was fore-warned that he is incapable to lead this country. He rely on is good luck and declined the voice of wisdom.

Shut up;; What has the president got to do with bloodshed that has always been the hobby of the Muslim north even before Jonathan was born??
Re: Crisis In Jos by japhet2233: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
i know by any chance say na UK  give America freedom?  so na so dem give the rest bob   we are world most populated  black nation and he dey pain other blacks mostly east africa  i have come accros them here in indian  any time i  tell dem say we be Giant of Africa  dem go wan die
Re: Crisis In Jos by Lucifa2015: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2011
Seriously, Japhet no make me laugh ohhh, so we get dilemma for Naija, U no know say e take de persin wey dey for inside a Nation to make am work, de minute wey dem persin no wan make am work o ti pari ohhhh and everything go pafuka. Dis alone na de problem, dis na the reason why Naija don go backwards.
Re: Crisis In Jos by Abagworo(m): 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
Its like Jos people do not really like peaceful environment.I still wonder why any none Hausa,Berom or Jos indigene should remain in that place.Jonathan should leave them to fight till one side surrenders or they decide to live peacefully with one another.What their Christians did is unheard of in the Christian world.
Re: Crisis In Jos by otondo55: 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
Split the damn unholy Union call Nigeria !!!! shocked shocked shocked

Hope Gowon is enjoying "one nigeria"

The wicked shall have no peace !

We are NEVER ONE and WILL NOT BE ! shocked shocked shocked[/b]
Re: Crisis In Jos by Lucifa2015: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
Abagworo:

Its like Jos people do not really like peaceful environment.I still wonder why any none Hausa,Berom or Jos indigene should remain in that place.Jonathan should leave them to fight till one side surrenders or they decide to live peacefully with one another.What their Christians did is unheard of in the Christian world.

Reality check ohhhh, how you tink sey Christians conquer Jerusalem for old days, or wetin you tink say happen wen Yugoslavia dey split? Na so people dey forget history, or maybe dis just dey affect people for Naija?
Re: Crisis In Jos by Abagworo(m): 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2011
Lucifa2015:

Reality check ohhhh, how you tink sey Christians conquer Jerusalem for old days, or wetin you tink say happen wen Yugoslavia dey split? Na so people dey forget history, or maybe dis just dey affect people for Naija?

Christians are generally peace loving and cannot go this far in violence.I think this issue goes beyond religion and these people are not really Christians.
Re: Crisis In Jos by honsule(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
I witnessed the catastrophe while coming from Abuja to Jos,precisely the new market area in Rukuba road
It is easier said than done(Split Nigeria).***Just thinking aloud***If Nigeria is Splitted who will claim Abuja? grin grin
The situation is disheartening,but nobody can claim monopoly of violence.
Re: Crisis In Jos by Beaf: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2011
honsule:

I witnessed the catastrophe while coming from Abuja to Jos,precisely the new market area in Rukuba road
It is easier said than done(Split Nigeria).***Just thinking aloud***If Nigeria is Splitted who will claim Abuja? grin grin
The situation is disheartening,but nobody can claim monopoly of violence.

It will be given to the Niger Delta to sell. After all, na oyel money build am. cool
Re: Crisis In Jos by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^ or borrowed money?
Re: Crisis In Jos by gfus: 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
What is the actual casualty figure? 2? 20? We need accurate reporting.
Two people were confirmed dead while 35 were said to be in critical condition at the Bingham University Teaching Hospital (BUTH)  following fresh violence in Jos on Monday.

“As at now, two people have died while 35 are being treated for gun shot wounds.

http://www.livenigeriapost.com/2011/08/29/jos-burns-again-2-dead-35-injured/
Re: Crisis In Jos by Beaf: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
DivideUs:

^^ or borrowed money?

Borrowed money, oil money. . . Its all the same thing. Nigeria cannot borrow money with kola-nuts or cows as collateral.
If katakata burst, ND must seize and sell Abuja. cool
Re: Crisis In Jos by adamabdul: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2011
There will be a reprisal and possibly by boko haram.Watch out!!
Re: Crisis In Jos by nagoma(m): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
@noblezone

Jonathan may be the last president of Nigeria as a united country.[quote][/quote]

Yes that is what can happen to any country with a clueless weakling as president. Most, if not all countries have the tendency to drift but a good sincere and honest  leadership keeps them together. I do not believe we have that now in Nigeria.
Re: Crisis In Jos by kompolon(m): 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
@lucifa2015 When u sit in the comfort of ur rooms & post rubbish + insulting things on Jos people, i cant anythng but as unchristian as u are pray 4 God to make sure u enter a worst situation than that of Jos. 4 i was born & bred in Jos.
Re: Crisis In Jos by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2011
Beaf:

Borrowed money, oil money. . . Its all the same thing. Nigeria cannot borrow money with kola-nuts or cows as collateral.
If katakata burst, ND must seize and sell Abuja. cool

this guy is not only a bigot, he's also a day dreamer, if oil belongs to the south south as you put it, after the breakup, then Abuja belongs to the gwari people, so your best bet is to bribe niger and nasarawa with your oil money (you seem to be good at doing that) to be part of your south, if not then all is lost. sorry dude thats the reality.

also, the oil money as you put it was paid when it is/"was (hopefully)" federal republic of nigeria and not south south republic, so that kills that end too, and for the sake of argument how do you plan to pay the man power that went in to the development?

abuja= gwari
gwari= abuja
abuja= gwari =ibb, i'm sure now you'll want him right?
Re: Crisis In Jos by Lucifa2015: 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2011
kompolon:

@lucifa2015 When u sit in the comfort of your rooms & post rubbish + insulting things on Jos people, i cant anythng but as unchristian as u are pray 4 God to make sure u enter a worst situation than that of Jos. 4 i was born & bred in Jos.

So de persins dem wey dey commit murder for Jos no dey insult persin for Jos, but na me wey dey say de truth dey insult una.
de truth simple na, divide the friggin country, God give una brain 4 a reason.

Na why una tink say India and Pakistan split before independence? But wait na, naija persin go argue say we get brain pass Indian persin sef, na craze una don craze!
Re: Crisis In Jos by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2011
y make all this noise about division online? lets come out in our millions and demand it!! nairaland can be the igniting point and a way to start. if we the masses demand that we want to go our separate ways, will they not listen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of When Biafran Soldiers Executed Nigerian Soldiers During The Civil War / Akeredolu: No Going Back On Ondo Sea Port Project / Remove N887bn Inserted Projects From 2022 Budget - Buhari To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.