Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype (1721 Views)

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by charlesdprof(m): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2022
I have been in a serious 5 years relationship with my girlfriend.
She is all I want in a woman, beautiful, intelligent, loyal and faithful. Am her first guy though and she is just 22. She is a Nurse.
I decided to take the relationship to the next level this year. I surprised her with an engagement party and put the ring on her finger. She was very happy.
I met her parents and started with the Introduction. They accepted my proposal and requested for a medical test to ascertain
our genetic compatibility before proceeding with the bride price payment.
I took her to a private medical laboratory for the test and the result said we are both AS.
It was a devastating experience for us but we decided to go for another round of test in two separate reputable hospitals to confirm the test result but the results were the same AS.
The parents decided the marriage will not continue while my girlfriend have been crying since then. It was a heartbreaking experience for me. Seeing my girlfriend cry is shattering my heart. I decided to call off the relationship but she has been pleading with me not to leave her.
Am just confused. Please your advice is needed.
What do I do in this situation considering the love and commitment we built for 5 years now.
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Noblemarce: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
FTC, let's make our seal.

It's a hard moment most times especially when you've gone far in the relationship.

The best suggestion is to call it a quit. The certainty of giving birth to an SS free birth is not guaranteed.

Looking at the emotional trauma this will cause you and your bae, I'll advice that you don't withdraw immediately, rather gradually.

State it clearly to her that the marriage won't work again and it's for the benefit of the both of you. There's no point giving birth and loosing your children at their peak or prime.

No family will agree to this in this our current age. Even churches won't agree to join you both.Though you can still be friends.

Lastly, take caution. In your next relationship, ensure you know the genotype of your partner on time before getting deep into emotional connection.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Zonefree(m): 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
She is all I want in a woman, beautiful, intelligent, loyal and faithful.

Guy, where you waka go see a Nigerian girl with all these attributes? God dey really ordain your footsteps

5 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by SodiumValproate: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
Permutate A.S and A.S and see that the probability of you having Children of genotype A.A is 25%, S.S is 25% and A.S is 50%

Don't forget that the cards can sometimes be in the hands of your village people grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Romanoff(f): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2022
She's still very young, leave her alone to live her life and find someone with a compatible genotype.

No risk am, no claim say you get faith.

If you go ahead, you've made your self a murder of innocent babies that never asked to be born.

Before una start relationship, make una dey normalize genotype test, even if na situationship una dey do. Cause I've seen situationships wey lead to marriage as belle enter.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by charlesdprof(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2022
I guess cos I was her first guy and started dating her when she was 17. I was always their for her too.

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by charlesdprof(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
Romanoff:
She's still very young, leave her alone to live her life and find someone with a compatible genotype.

If you go ahead, you've made your self a murder of innocent babies that never asked to be born.

Before una start relationship, make una dey normalize genotype test, even if na situationship una dey do. Cause I've seen situationships wey lead to marriage as belle enter.
Yes I understand. I have tried to control the situation by allowing her to go but she is finding it difficult.
Even myself it's not easy for me.
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2022
5 years relationship and genotype talk no show face for your relationship until you are ready for marriage? Nawa ooooo

I know you are both heartbroken right now but please don't forge on. May God comfort you with AA ENP. Take heart.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by charlesdprof(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2022
Persephone1:
5 years relationship and genotype talk no show face for your relationship until you are ready for marriage? Nawa ooooo

I know you are both heartbroken right now but please don't forge on. May God comfort you with AA ENP. Take heart.
I knew I was AS but was scared about her being the same with me.
I asked her before, she said almost all her family members are AA.
One day, I saw her medical report before she entered nursing school, the result said she was AA. So I never bothered again until this issue came up. I reminded her about that report but she said the medical report was forged.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by SUPERPACK: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2022
Both of you should visit a general hospital, visit the ward where sickle cell patience are taken care of, observe the difficulties they are in. Spend sometime and then ask yourselves if this is what you wish your children to look like . If yes go ahead.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Romanoff(f): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2022
charlesdprof:

Yes I understand. I have tried to control the situation by allowing her to go but she is finding it difficult.
Even myself it's not easy for me.

Both of you will be okay.
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by charlesdprof(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2022
Zonefree:

Guy, where you waka go see a Nigerian girl with all these attributes? God dey really ordain your footsteps
I guess cos I was her first guy. I started dating her when she was 17. So loyalty will not be a problem
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by SocialJustice: 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2022
Marry her. Before una go born one or 2 sickle cell children, you go know wetin e mean to love.

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Chris2863(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
charlesdprof:
I guess cos I was her first guy and started dating her when she was 17. I was always their for her too.
at your age, you never cared to know your genotype and blood group until now. You sound stupid man

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Chris2863(m): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2022
Bush man
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by GOFRONT(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
Mehn Sorry bout that!!

Genotype be serving people hot breakfast since time immemorial.

Babe has got all the qualities and tick all the boxes of Op but genotype wont let them enjoy their union in peace.

Now Op's searchlight is only gonna focus on a lady with AA genotype. But the big question is......Will the lady with AA have loyalty and love towards the Op just like his AS girlfriend??

Op, abort mission with the AS girlfriend however her love towards you...... Go search for AA partner but not AA partner with olosho tendency oooo. Toh!!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by charlesdprof(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
Chris2863:
at your age, you never cared to know your genotype and blood group until now. You sound stupid man
I knew I was AS but was scared about her being the same with me.
I asked her before, she said almost all her family members are AA.
One day, I saw her medical report before she entered nursing school, the result said she was AA. So I never bothered again until this issue came up. I reminded her about that report but she said the medical report was forged.
Please mind your language.
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by eastgates1: 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
May you not have to see the effects of Sickle cell anemia, it starts with a decision to walk away today!
You love her but love is not enough fo sickle cell genotype

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by purehustle101(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2022
For these 2022 going to 2023 man is still talking about love. We came into these world alone and nobody will follow you to the grave when you die, so tell me what stupid love are you talking about.
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by frozen70(f): 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
charlesdprof:
She is all I want in a woman, beautiful, intelligent, loyal and faithful. Am her first guy though and she is just 22. She is a Nurse.
I decided to take the relationship to the next level this year. I surprised her with an engagement party and put the ring on her finger. She was very happy.
I met her parents and started with the Introduction. They accepted my proposal and requested for a medical test to ascertain
I took her to a private medical laboratory for the test and the result said we are both AS.
It was a devastating experience for us but we decided to go for another round of test in two separate reputable hospitals to confirm the test result but the results were the same AS.
The parents decided the marriage will not continue while my girlfriend have been crying since then. It was a heartbreaking experience for me. Seeing my girlfriend cry is shattering my heart. I decided to call off the relationship but she has been pleading with me not to leave her.
What do I do in this situation considering the love and commitment we built for 5 years now.

You already know what to do about the relationship

Forget about her crying tears

Gradually both of you will get tired and things will get in to places

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by OriOko88(m): 12:44am On Dec 10, 2022
shocked
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by meobizy(f): 1:50am On Dec 10, 2022
Whenever you see...

She is all I want in a woman

know immediately OP only wants to waste your time.

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Nicepoker(m): 7:50am On Dec 10, 2022
"She is all I want in a woman" seriously? A Nigerian girl? grin
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by boxer022(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2022
There is nothing you can do at this juncture than to go your separate ways as going ahead to marry her will make you regret in years to come, when you begin to take your children who re now with genotype SS from one hospital to another. Love should not push you to do the wrong thing.

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Savedday: 7:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Go ahead and marry her, it will all end in premium tears.

Marrying a 9ja girl is a death sentence, you now want to marry the one with full stop.

I don't blame you. Love is blind but marriage will open your eyes.
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Dshocker(m): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2022
charlesdprof:

She being a nurse is supposed to have given her the in depth analysis of the consequences that you both will face in the future.

Guy, run ooO, or tomorrow your national anthem will be "Had i known"

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Qatar2022: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2022
Romanoff:

Did you read the story before spitting this trash?
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Qatar2022: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2022
Chris2863:
Stop talking nonsense and read before commenting
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Romanoff(f): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2022
Qatar2022:

Did you read the story before spitting this trash?

Yes I did. Next?
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by akube34: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2022
charlesdprof:

I am also in this bro, I am just so confused. Well I am looking at options sha cause medicine has advanced. The good thing is you are both aware of the genotype and know that bringing a child without necessary precautions could be fatal
Re: Can I Go Ahead And Marry Her Despite The Genotype by omolasho: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2022
How would you feel when you have children with SS genotype?
How would you feel when your children are sick almost at the same time and all the times? How would you feel paying needless medical bills to the point of debt and starvation? How would you feel seeing your children on sick bed asking you, "daddy did the doctor says I will die soon"? How would you feel when you and your wife are no longer romantically attractive to each other and all your attention is about the wellbeing of your children?

Bro, the disaster is endless. Leave emotion alone o, let her cry well and you too should mourn her well. Afterwards, you shall both be fine apart. Am on my knees begging you!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Girl Just Slapped Me. How Should I Deal With Her?? / Praying in the spirit / Please Nairalanders, Patronize Me. I'm Selling These Items..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.