Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs (30040 Views)

One Year Old Fuel Queues In Abuja Disappearing - Deji Adeyanju Praise Tinubu / NNPC Releases Statement On Fuel Queues In Abuja / How Comments In Washington DC Caused Fuel Queues In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Islie: 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
The State Security Service, SSS, at a meeting with oil marketers and other stakeholders have resolved to address the challenges of fuel scarcity and lingering queues at filling stations within 48 hours.

The Public Relations Officer of SSS, Dr Peter Afunanya said this on Thursday in Abuja while briefing newsmen at the end of a meeting with petroleum distribution stakeholders.

He said the meeting was attended by representative of the SSS, NNPC Limited, Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria, Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria and other stakeholders.

Mr Afunanya said part of the resolutions reached was that the NNPC would provide fuel at normal and affordable official rate to all marketers.

He said the meeting also resolved that marketers who operate depot would work on a 24-hour basis to ensure adequate supply of fuel in the country.

According to him, it was also agreed that the SSS will ensure protection and provision of security to all marketers and their products across the country while moving oil products.

Mr Afunanya said the DSS would take action against any filling station, marketer or oil stakeholder that reneged on the agreement reached at the meeting.

He said the meeting was called to address the challenges of fuel scarcity, adding that the DSS would not sit back and watch the current scarcity persist despite availability of the product.

The DSS spokesman said the lingering fuel scarcity could lead to economic sabotage and threat to national security, if not properly handled.

He said plans were concluded by the SSS to raid all fuel stations and quiz any marketer found hoarding petroleum products.

https://dailynigerian.com/fuel-scarcity-sss-raiding/

40 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Callkey(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
I support the DSS on this one. They're right. FTC

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by RanatechNG(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by signature2012(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
Good development.

39 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Reporting34(f): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Please everyone don't mind this fraudsters Anthony okeke is back with a full forces to continue scamming Nairaland people with the same format he has always been using, so just check the format oloriburuku man is still using to defraud a lot of people's here on Nairaland just be aware not to be scam

Please dear everyone, please forgive me for posting this, if I can help myself I won't be begging. I am seeking assistance from well meaning Nigerians to help save my life. Please sirs and ma's, my name is Faith , am a 26 years old single mom of 1. My son is just 2 years old. I used to be a hairdresser before my present predicament. In August of 2021 I fell very sick and was rush to the hospital by my neighbour. Doctor said that I will have to be admitted because by the time that they have prescribed several drugs for me, my hands and both of my legs has developed rashes and started to swell up. The swelling got worst and more severe as time went by, eventually leading to multiple skin ulcers. Preliminary results shows that I was diagnosed with blood infection. I also urgently require prolonged sore Management with Vacuum Assisted Closure Device and skin graft to help regain my normal life again but unfortunately I can't treat myself because I don't have enough on me. Doctor said the procedure will require 1.3million Naira to give me my life back and so far I've been able to raise only 300 thousand with the help of my friends and some kind hearted well wishers who have taken pity for me in the past few months. Pleas sirs and ma's, am an orphan both my parents are late. I have been trying every possible best to raise the remainder to no avail. I don't have any property to sell again and I cannot work in this my condition pls I beg of you, I can't even look after my 2 years old son, that's why am pleading with any well meaning person pls

Don't even send a penny to this fraudsters

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by sweetval: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
undecidedDSS is just proactive these days. I wonder what has changed. Time will tell.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Clear queue as how,
I'm not understanding who is with me
Abi na OP no give correct information?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by noble2faith(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
angry
A very welcome and good development! Some of these filling stations' owners are more wicked than Buhari.

54 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by zeusdgrt(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Make them come everywhere
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
What is the name of that fake minister of petroleum

This man really scam nigeria

Nobody is even talking about him again

And some abnormal people say we should vote buhari pro max into power

I feel for this country

Modified

For those quoting. I know the name of the fake minister. I called him fake because he is not doing anything better as president neither as a petroleum minister

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by oka4ugoo: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
S
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by GOTVee: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, Jumah Mubarak to our Muslim brothers and sisters. May God bless Nigeria sad

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by ImDStar: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
grin DSS intervening in fuel scarcity.

You want a country like China but Tinubu is your best candidate, that's madness in the highest level.

Nobody will beg you to vote right, you will reap the consequences.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by PlayerMeji: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
Some people will still not be happy!

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by yahoodetector: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
For the first time, I support DSS

17 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by halaqasa: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
E go be
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Biggaboi(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
If the DSS are this powerful then where have they been since? What is really the work of the DSS? What or how will this affect the work of the police who are supposed to be doing this?
Someone should help me with answers cos I'm not understanding this country again angry

18 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by JudasNaKarrot: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
Ok. But are they acting within the law that established them, are they not doing the job of other agencies of government in this context, because the last time I checked the DSS was established for internal security threats, detection, prevention and mitigation of such threat to the Nigerian state.
How come they have become a task force under this clueless and directionless regime of Buhari. Abi Buhari don delegate his ministerial responsibilities to the DSS?

Anyway, we are in Nigeria where anything is possible including delegating authorities as far as APC is concerned. Lagos landlord comes to mind.

Please Urchins don't quote me afterall I didn't mention anyone's name here as chief delegator.

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by GOFRONT(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
Be like say Dog wan bit his master oo.....

Has DSS forgotten so soon that Buhari is the Minister of petroleum, he has sold NNPC to himself and named it NNPCL.

This Dog wan bite his master ooo....

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by ZombieTERROR: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
Corruption everywhere

APc trademark

vote wisely

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Loverboi2cute(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
damn ... something fishy i smell in d NNPC...so they didn't carry DSS along when they were hoarding d Fuel...so they are afraid of reprisal... hahahaha
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Tingotoe: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
It's only in Nigeria
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by FLYFIRE(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
That's what you get when you have idiots as petroleum ministers

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Ayodeoba: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
Good one,any filling station selling above the official rate should be closed down

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by themanderon: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
That is the only way to defeat hoarding which leads to artificial scarcity and hence price increase.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by yesloaded: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
The Petrol scarcity is now a matter of national security and the DSS is welcomed to contain the situation anyhow it deems fit, they are hereby authorized to use deadly force if they have to, they have clearance from the president

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
Make una go warn those werey wey de sell fuel by 9Pm to go home before 7pm to avoid criminal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs by Ohludo: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2022
This country na cruise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-Taraba Governor Suntai Suffers Stroke, Abandoned By Govt, Associates / 2 Abducted Chibok Girls - Hauwa Mutah & Esther Markus Escape From Sambisa Forest / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.