Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? (2843 Views)

Poll: Which of the three people in the opening post is robbing god?

Only Mr A: 5% (1 vote)
Only Mr B: 0% (0 votes)
Only Mrs C: 5% (1 vote)
Only Mr A and Mr B: 0% (0 votes)
Only Mr A and Mrs C: 0% (0 votes)
Only Mr B and Mrs C: 11% (2 votes)
All of the three: 0% (0 votes)
None of the three: 76% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Robbing God To Tithe On Your After-tax (not Gross) Income? / Tithe – You Are Not Robbing God, Your Pastor Is Robbing God’s People. / POLL: Who Is Your Favourite Nairaland Religion Personality For The Year 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? by Snowwy: 10:27am On Sep 03, 2011
At all Pastor Kun. Even the first poll is proof enough as against what you have thought and I won't be surprised a lot of known tithers here did not even vote.
Also tithing is not a shackle, it is only seen as such for those who do not practice it. Enjoy!
Re: Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? by Snowwy: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2011
At all Pastor Kun,
people are learning what tithing is all about and how to tithe genuinely from the heart, that is all.
It is all those that do not tithe that see tithe as a shackle. Those that do have no complaints, ok?
Enjoy!
Re: Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? by PastorKun(m): 11:38am On Sep 03, 2011
@snowwy
I have consistently said my problem is not with people tithing, but rather the false teaching of mandatory tithing which greedy preachers use to place a burden on ignorant believers. A true man of God must be honest enough to tell his congregation that tithing is not obligatory or mandatory for believers and also that there is no blessing or curse attached to tithing or not tithing for christians. It is the false teaching on tithes that I consistently attack and not tithing per se.
Re: Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? by wordtalk(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
Pastor Kun:

A true man of God must be honest enough to tell his congregation that tithing is not obligatory or mandatory for believers

That is true, and I second it. Likewise, a genuine Christian should be able to say also that tithing should be voluntary and encouraged IF the believer in Christ desires to express his or her giving in that form.

and also that there is no blessing or curse attached to tithing or not tithing for christians. It is the false teaching on tithes that I consistently attack and not tithing per se.

Nope, that is half-truth. We can say that the curses of the old covenant may not apply to believers in the new covenant in that fashion; but we know that the blessings in the Old Testament do apply to Christians today. On the one hand, 2 Corinthians 1:20 says that, "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yesin Christ" - this is why, for example, the apostles clearly restated some of the blessings found in the Law to believers in the NT (such as the blessing of Exodus 20:12 reiterated in Ephesians 6:2-3).

On the other hand, there are people who have been blessed in tithing, although others may not have testimonies of such blessings. In just the same manner, people who do not tithe but give in other ways have also found some blessings, while yet other givers do not have testimonies of being blessed in their giving. We cannot be too mechanistic in these matters by being too generalistic to conclude that there are no blessings in tithing. The gospel of "no blessings in tithing" is the same thing as the gospel of "no blessings in giving" - both of them are false arguments.

There are blessings in giving - whether in the form of tithing, freewill offerings, contributions, donations, gifts, alms, etc. Not everyone would testify of being blessed in every instance though. However, there are some types of giving in the New Testament that may bring negative results - such as giving in order to impress a crowd (Acts 5) or giving in order to buy the gift of God (Acts 8:20).
Re: Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? by Snowwy: 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Pastor Kun,
You keep saying you have no issues with people tithing or you have no issues with 'tithing per se', however, your posts constantly reflect that to you tithing is an evil shackle, scam even when it is obvious the person is tithing from the heart or is asking a candid question relating to tithing.
In as much as you are entitled to your own opinion, you keep affirming you have nothing against 'tithe per se' yet you have even said tithe originated from a pagan culture until you were proved wrong.
If you have a fight against mandatory tithing, you will not be going against the act of someone tithing until you confirm he is tithing without understanding, based solely out of fear and compulsion.

@wordtalk, you gave a good summary. I hope the learning will be taken and guide future discourses.
Re: Another Poll! - Who Is Robbing God? by Enigma(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
Bump (considering the ongoing) "tithes" thread. smiley

I'd be particularly interested to see people who believe that "tithes must be paid into church" give their reasons for that belief.

Please remember no winner and no loser and even if you don't want to give an explanation, still vote nevertheless,

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God / Scientist,atheist And Others How Is It Possible?.. / Ebube Muonso And Mbaka War Of Words: Ebube Muonso Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.